New weapon skins in the frostfire bundle

senki.1046

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Well, it works out to be 100 Statuettes per weapon; I'm not sure if that is inflated or not.

Still, it took me several months/maybe a year to save up 60 Statuettes for a glider.

thats 100g per weapon. If any weapon is under that price its heavily inflated to buy them with statuettes. Weapon prices drop -alot- when they are in the chests at the time. ive seen them get as low as 8g for some weapons with a high of 25 while the weapon is actively dropping. It might not be too terrible when the weapon hasnt been on sale in a long time and the prices get above 100g though.

@HardRider.2980 said:Ofc they're in the GemStore.. everything is going into the gemstore now minus one or two things per few months just to make it seem like we get meaningful in game rewards all the time.Aren't all players know GW2 is all about the Pay to Fashion these days. They got to milk the players somehow

Oh for pete's sake, what is wrong with you? MILK THE PLAYERS? You play this game for free, and now with no idea if we're even getting an expansion again, you play it for free indefinitely.

What ELSE do you think is going to pay the salaries of the people who make this game? Clue in: it's the gem store. Of course it's the gem store. It has to be. They have to get paid too.

People need to stop complaining about things ending up on the gem store.Without the gem store, THIS GAME COMES TO AN END.

@Cameryn.5310 said:

@HardRider.2980 said:Ofc they're in the GemStore.. everything is going into the gemstore now minus one or two things per few months just to make it seem like we get meaningful in game rewards all the time.Aren't all players know GW2 is all about the Pay to Fashion these days. They got to milk the players somehow

Oh for pete's sake, what is wrong with you? MILK THE PLAYERS? You play this game for free, and now with no idea if we're even
getting
an expansion again, you play it for free indefinitely.

What ELSE do you think is going to pay the salaries of the people who make this game? Clue in: it's the gem store. Of course it's the gem store. It has to be. They have to get paid too.

People need to stop complaining about things ending up on the gem store.
Without the gem store, THIS GAME COMES TO AN END.

The issue isn't that THERE IS a gemstore. The issue is that 90% of things that come out goes INTO the gemstore. Making anything we do ingame less rewarding. It's the same reason why people hate Mobile gaming or even PC games like FIFA.People love to crap on subbed games, but then are happy to spend double/triple the cash on things that you would of most likely got or been able to get if you paid a subbed.The fact you cannot see the difference is what's wrong with this community still.

@Danikat.8537 said:Didn't we get a new weapon set dropping from Wintersday gifts this year, and a craftable one from the latest LW episode? That hardly seems like 90% of new weapons going into the gem store.

Technically we got two sets(ancient, and restored) with the latest LW episode, along with a unique scepter, and some armor skins.

@HardRider.2980 said:

Oh for pete's sake, what is wrong with you? MILK THE PLAYERS? You play this game for free, and now with no idea if we're even
getting

The issue isn't that THERE IS a gemstore. The issue is that 90% of things that come out goes INTO the gemstore. Making anything we do ingame less rewarding. It's the same reason why people hate Mobile gaming or even PC games like FIFA.People love to kitten on subbed games, but then are happy to spend double/triple the cash on things that you would of most likely got or been able to get if you paid a subbed.The fact you cannot see the difference is what's wrong with this community still.

You can farm gold in game, convert to gems, buy everything off gemstore. Voila.And dont even start comparing ingame skins to the heavily monetized p2w mobile games offer.

@Ghetx.1752 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:Didn't we get a new weapon set dropping from Wintersday gifts this year, and a craftable one from the latest LW episode? That hardly seems like 90% of new weapons going into the gem store.

Compare looks of things you get for free and things you have to pay 25 dollars for.

I can't see this new set until I get home later, but I've found very few gem store weapons and armour sets I like more than the in-game ones. There's some very nice stuff in the gem store, but I'm always able to find a free equivalent I like as much or more. As a result I rarely buy the gem store ones.

I do like the immortal weapons which used to be included in gem store bundles, but definitely not enough to justify buying a bundle just to get one.

@Ghetx.1752 said:

@"Danikat.8537" said:Didn't we get a new weapon set dropping from Wintersday gifts this year, and a craftable one from the latest LW episode? That hardly seems like 90% of new weapons going into the gem store.

Compare looks of things you get for free and things you have to pay 25 dollars for.

See you say that, but i still use more of the skins ive earned from things in game than i have from things ive gotten from the trading post(which is alot.) The IG weapons are more suited to RPing where the stuff on the trading post is suited to "IM FLASHY STARE AT ME."

@Lambent.6375 said:The Heroic Dragon's Blood weapons are on Par with Mythic and other Black Lion Weapons.

The Boreal Weapons look nice, but are lacking. (Opinion)

They are perfect for somebody who wants a semi realistic and not overly gaudy weapon design(i do wish the sword was bigger though, why is it so small? But yea, they are lacking a bit.

@Dante.1763 said:

@"Danikat.8537" said:Didn't we get a new weapon set dropping from Wintersday gifts this year, and a craftable one from the latest LW episode? That hardly seems like 90% of new weapons going into the gem store.

See you say that, but i still use more of the skins ive earned from things in game than i have from things ive gotten from the trading post(which is alot.) The IG weapons are more suited to RPing where the stuff on the trading post is suited to "IM FLASHY STARE AT ME."

@Lambent.6375 said:The Heroic Dragon's Blood weapons are on Par with Mythic and other Black Lion Weapons.

The Boreal Weapons look nice, but are lacking. (Opinion)

They are perfect for somebody who wants a semi realistic and not overly gaudy weapon design(i do wish the sword was bigger though, why is it so small? But yea, they are lacking a bit.

Except the mace! It is by far my favorite weapon skin in the game right now. It actually got me using maces again.

Are the Mythic weapons account bound on acquire? I assumed they would be.

@HardRider.2980 said:The issue isn't that THERE IS a gemstore. The issue is that 90% of things that come out goes INTO the gemstore. Making anything we do ingame less rewarding. It's the same reason why people hate Mobile gaming or even PC games like FIFA.People love to kitten on subbed games, but then are happy to spend double/triple the cash on things that you would of most likely got or been able to get if you paid a subbed.The fact you cannot see the difference is what's wrong with this community still.

Completely wrong. You do NOT need cosmetic items to play the game. You can play the entire game right now without spending one dime on the gem store. You can have a completely rewarding experience playing GW2 without buying a weapon skin or an outfit or a glider or mount skin.

What's wrong with this community is, in fact, the endless complaining so many people engage in because they want to have everything for free.

@Obtena.7952 said:

There isn't anything exceptional about this ... that's how the game has always operated.

@"Blocki.4931" said:See, I really understand that some people are upset about the ratio of free to paid content, but if you really tried to think about this it doesn't make any sense at all. This has been their business model since launch, so why was it okay all these years, but suddenly it is only seen at milking the players? "free content got worse" is not an argument for this, because it's untrue.

Absolutely. There isn't anything real about this kind of complaint ... no, players aren't being 'milked' because they have a choice to buy something. That's the most ridiculous statement people throw around anytime they don't want to pay for something.

I think the issue here is the quality of what you pay for vs the quality of what you earn through play. It makes people feel cheated when you can just buy something that is as good/better than the 'best' in game items which take a lot of work to earn. It invalidates their effort and time investment. It's like anet is sending those people the message "I've decided I don't care about your time investment, instead, give me money for the next shiny.". This leads people to feel like they are being 'milked'.

Anet's cash shop may not technically be 'pay-to-win' but they really need to be careful about what they release on it. A big portion of the end game is around fasion and skins (e.g. Fasionwars). If you can just 'buy' the best fasion on the cash shop it teeters on the edge of that 'pay-to-win' concept.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

There isn't anything exceptional about this ... that's how the game has always operated.

@"Blocki.4931" said:See, I really understand that some people are upset about the ratio of free to paid content, but if you really tried to think about this it doesn't make any sense at all. This has been their business model since launch, so why was it okay all these years, but suddenly it is only seen at milking the players? "free content got worse" is not an argument for this, because it's untrue.

Absolutely. There isn't anything real about this kind of complaint ... no, players aren't being 'milked' because they have a choice to buy something. That's the most ridiculous statement people throw around anytime they don't want to pay for something.

I think the issue here is the quality of what you pay for vs the quality of what you earn through play. It makes people feel cheated when you can just buy something that is as good/better than the 'best' in game items which take a lot of work to earn. It invalidates their effort and time investment. It's like anet is sending those people the message "I've decided I don't care about your time investment, instead, give me money for the next shiny.". This leads people to feel like they are being 'milked'.

Anet's cash shop may not technically be 'pay-to-win' but they really need to be careful about what they release on it. A big portion of the end game is around fasion and skins (e.g. Fasionwars). If you can just 'buy' the best fasion on the cash shop it teeters on the edge of that 'pay-to-win' concept.

Except in GW2, you CAN earn Gemstore offerings through play ... so no, it's not an issue. It's one of the very smart things Anet did from the beginning, so this would never become an issue.

@HardRider.2980 said:

getting

The issue isn't that THERE IS a gemstore. The issue is that 90% of things that come out goes INTO the gemstore. Making anything we do ingame less rewarding. It's the same reason why people hate Mobile gaming or even PC games like FIFA.People love to kitten on subbed games, but then are happy to spend double/triple the cash on things that you would of most likely got or been able to get if you paid a subbed.The fact you cannot see the difference is what's wrong with this community still.

So you have a problem with Anet milking players with OPTIONAL and CONVENIENCE GS offerings ... but clearly you wouldn't have a problem with Anet milking you with a mandatory subscription if the GS didn't exist? That's the alternative you realize right? You don't see the contrary nature of someone that supports that clearly.

And yes, people are happy to spend more on OPTIONAL store items because it's their choice. Oh yes, we DO see that difference, and we embrace it because it's better for us to have that choice as a consumer.

Why are these weapon skins being compared to legendary weapons?Do they have ground walking affects?Do they have insane animation?Do they do something unique to the weapon?

Sure they are nice models; however, without the above...aren't they just nice models? I bought the package but haven't used one of the weapons because they do not work with my red and gold theme.

Many of the above complaints are irrelevant due to the ability to exchange gold earned by playing the game for gems. Several have posted this info already. You can literally play the game and convert the gold you earn into gems to purchase any gemstore item. To summarize, Mythic weapons are available as an in game reward. Now go take the gold you were rewarded with and turn it into a Mythic weapon. You'll even get a bonus outfit ;)

@Cameryn.5310 said:

getting

I think the point is that customers would much rather pay 30-60€ for an expansion with hundreds hours of content, new ways to play the thousands of hours of old content again etc., rather than being asked to pay 30€ for a single weapon, mount, etc., skin should they be interested in that.That bundle, in which they locked the weapon skins behind, costing as much as PoF with all it's features of Elite Specs, Mounts, all the new maps and assets in them, including many new enemy models, animation work, mechanics, voice acting, story etc., how can one help but not feel like that's laughable?

The gemstore being there to heavily substitute the development of and selling of actual content is and was fine. The game being the gemstore, with everything else just being around to either use your purchases in or grind for them isn't.

After we buy templates for 300+€, single weapon skins out of a set of 16 from bundles costing 30€ each, convenience features like bank spaces, material storages etc. mounting up to hundreds spend.. where is the actual content to use any of that in?To get 30-60 minutes of story with barely any gemplay, with maybe 5-10 minutes of laughably easy combat in them, every few months seems pretty lacklustre when looking at these single gemstore items and bundles that cost as much as entire other games (or expansions) full with new and fresh content people can play instead.

If you can't see how the game is transitioning more and more into the milking phase of less and less content, barely just enough to keep people engaged with monetization (for some at least), and since quite some time at that, then I don't know what to tell you.

@Blocki.4931 said:

See, I really understand that some people are upset about the ratio of free to paid content, but if you really tried to think about this it doesn't make any sense at all. This has been their business model since launch, so why was it okay all these years, but suddenly it is only seen at milking the players? "free content got worse" is not an argument for this, because it's untrue.

Yea, all the Fractals, CM's, Raids, Dungeons and what have you over the last few months have been fantastic free content. Except of course, there weren't any.For some of that content since years.Gemstore patches and 30-60 minutes of extremely lacklustre (especially in terms of gameplay) story content every 3-6 months to keep people engaged with the gemstore and spending is all the game is getting at this stage.

At launch there was content everywhere, with players begging Anet to sell a few more things on the practically empty gemstore so we could support them.Now everything is on the gemstore, even integral gamesystems like "Templates" which the Anet of old wouldn't even have considered to sell in a fever dream (especially not at an absolutely mind blowing 10€ per build per character), it being an essential feature for hardcore players and not just some random/minor convenience, and there isn't enough content to even keep most players engaged with the game to buy it.

Sure, technically it's still the same business model in the broadest sense, but the approach has drastically changed since and obviously it has become problematic for a vast amount of the consumers, who once felt like players.

Gaming across the board went from "Let's make amazing content for people to enjoy, and then figure out how we can make enough of a return on it to pay everybody and get enough profit to keep making things in the future" to "Okay, here is all the things we want to monetize, now we just need to figure out enough of a "game" around it to keep people engaged with all the monetization systems to keep them spending", and it's quite depressing.