Would like a 30 vs 30 Queued SPvP game mode

Knighthonor.4061

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:devs cant handle 5v5 AT, what makes you thinkt they could handle 36v36? or better yet, to find 72 players to play it lol

32 vs 32 is more easier to balance than 5v5. thats why. otherwise they would have 1v1s instead of 5v5s right?

no its 5vs5 because its the game mode that was released with the game if they had released a 3vs3 or 1vs1 at release it would be the only mod

@Avatar.3568 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:devs cant handle 5v5 AT, what makes you thinkt they could handle 36v36? or better yet, to find 72 players to play it lol

32 vs 32 is more easier to balance than 5v5. thats why. otherwise they would have 1v1s instead of 5v5s right?

no its 5vs5 because its the game mode that was released with the game if they had released a 3vs3 or 1vs1 at release it would be the only mod

And those would have been even more unbalanced

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Knighthonor.4061 said:Would like a 36 vs 36 Queued SPvP game mode with a combo of objectives (Circles, NPC lords, Flag running) all in one.

Didn’t you mention before that wow had battle grounds? Maybe you should try that! You can always play both games!

WoW also had 5v5 Arenas.

U can totally play WoW 2 then! Enjoy it there bc we r not gettin it here...

Too much. Most games I played (though they were more shooter-like or real shooter games) have about 10-20 players per team which feels great. Anything more than 20 ... especially here in a MMORPG ... would feel bad. 10-20 players each team + it would need a huge map and options to strategize as as well. Thats what would sound nice. Also nice special mechanics (like most maps already have atm) are nice to have.

@Luthan.5236 said:Too much. Most games I played (though they were more shooter-like or real shooter games) have about 10-20 players per team which feels great. Anything more than 20 ... especially here in a MMORPG ... would feel bad. 10-20 players each team + it would need a huge map and options to strategize as as well. Thats what would sound nice. Also nice special mechanics (like most maps already have atm) are nice to have.

I disagree. I played a few different MMOs that were successful in larger instanced pvp. WoW may be the exception since it was the most populated MMO in Western history, but other smaller less popular MMOs also had good instanced Pvp that was 20v20 and up. And it wasn't FPS like at all.

I agree with you on the queue thing in the other thread. (I would love to see some bigger team game modes with queue or hot join queue mechanig instead of the custom arena thing.)

Really might depend on the maps/game mode ... the max size of players that would be fun. I have not played a lot yet in GW2 and I don't have many experience with other MMORPGs that have team matches PvP with bigger teams though. So I need to trust your info/experience on this.

I'd love to have it non-zergy though. Atm some players even try to run into 1-3 ... or 3 players at one point ... running in big groups. Big map with 30-30 needs to be designt in a way that not all the 30 players are at one point. For example a mechanic that requires you to hold 2 different points (at opposite directions) to even start your point counter. (And maybe less points for player kills to prevent people just doing that.) A timer could still make it "easier" (having only 1 capture point to gain victory points) after a certain amount of time. (Mechanics named as "sudden death" - which could be different mechanics but preventing the game to drag on for too long ... besidse the normal timer already in the game.)

@"kratan.4619" said:This would just devolve into the same a zerg vs zerg in WvW. There would be too many "elitists" trying to dictate what class you can play. "Log off that kitten ranger and get on your FB." kitten like this would happen.

Zerg vs Zerg is only a problem when there is no objective, like in WvW.

I would hope a 36 vs 36 match has many objectives with a goal to each, rather than just trading structures with no objective, like WvW.