PSA: Stop going for svanir/chieftan on forest.

ellesee.8297

@"ellesee.8297" said:you are losing your team the game.

That was once a good general rule of thumb back in core and HoT low dmg bunker metas, but this is simply no longer true.

There are builds that quite seriously kill Svanir/Chieftan in like 3s. It's of absolutely no consequence to rotate by and snag +25 points in 3s while you rotate from mid to defend home or to push far, ect ect. And those kinds of builds also steal the beasts very easily as well.

And of course I am not saying: "Rush to kill beasts as soon as they spawn, leave mid to do it" so let's INB4 that. There are plenty times in a match when it is advantageous to nuke the beasts during rotations, because damage is so high nowadays. That high damage also leaves little room for the opponent team to even steal.

If someone is capping my node I grab the beast and then go decap. They spend a long time sitting on a neutral node and then lose it a minute later.

If they bunker and stay I just rotate to help my team secure the other two nodes. Why wouldn’t I take a easy 25 points while they sit getting no points? It’s even on the way to the node.

Beast is a mechanic that has its place. People who think “never ever go beast or you’re bad” are much more common than “always go beast noobs.”

• Like 1

I always go for it on fire weaver cuz it just evaporates to the burst burning with balthazar rune. Free 25 points

However, after this patch drops and no one does any damage anymore, then yeah, going for beast is going to be a terrible idea unless it's your whole team en route from side to mid after wiping the enemy

@saerni.2584 said:If someone is capping my node I grab the beast and then go decap. They spend a long time sitting on a neutral node and then lose it a minute later.

If they bunker and stay I just rotate to help my team secure the other two nodes. Why wouldn’t I take a easy 25 points while they sit getting no points? It’s even on the way to the node.

Beast is a mechanic that has its place. People who think “never ever go beast or you’re bad” are much more common than “always go beast noobs.”

Think the issue stems from the fact that most people are 'unaware' / blind when doing beast, which itself stems from poor map awareness and situation reading.

It really depends on the build and your role.IF for example you are side noder, JUST won the 1v1. capped the node and enemy is on spawn, you suspect he is going to come contest you 1v1?you dont have time to rotate mid, you will get decapped for free, might as well get quick beast and go back to the node.Its also good against mass thiefs, when Im on condi mirage I cant leave the node for a sec, becouse thief teleports 4 times and can easy pasy decap it.But beast is close to the node, I can kite it towards it and when I see the thief im in blink + jaunt + axe 3 range to contest if need arises.

In general its better to spend the time helping your team rather then taking beast, but sometimes there is simply no time to rotate.Or maybe teamfight was just lost and you gotta wait for respawns to push in as a team, then you can take a quick beast while you "wait".beast is not compleate nono.

People that blame beasts for their loss are the same people that lost because they got no beasts at all that complain nobody went for beasts.

They are situational and mostly in favor of condition builds. That's all there is to remember, even in a worst case scenario you might be better off going for beast or a steal to keep an edge somewhere.

This is just another case of people complaining because they can when the entire game mode is situational itself, have the person die and look at the map finding something to complain about among the thousand things there is to say: "Y U NO FAR, GO FAR" "DON'T GO FAR GET HOME U IDIOT" "NOBODY MID, GET MID IDIOTS" "STOP FEEDING HOME GET FAR"

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@ellesee.8297 said:nice job killing chieftan in 3 seconds. but you weren't at the fight and now your team is dead and you've lost the actual objective that wins the game. oh well waiting for respawns isn't so bad.

if your team wipes in 3s you might as well go afk and go next lol

i didn't know traveling all the way to chieftan, fighting it, killing it, praying it doesn't get stolen, then running back to a far more important game objective takes only 3 seconds. bunch of winners in here.

Guys, stop going chieftan and svaniir, Ellesee is 100% correct. I've seen too many throws since coming back to this game. You're losing the teamfights and losing points over it. Yes, you can kill it faster in this meta on the right class, but I've seen too many people do it at the worst possible time. The time it takes to rotate there is too much. Just stop will ya?

@ellesee.8297 said:nice job killing chieftan in 3 seconds. but you weren't at the fight and now your team is dead and you've lost the actual objective that wins the game. oh well waiting for respawns isn't so bad.

It goes above your head that if you already won the fight, it's free points and if you lost the fight it's still free points to back in.

You're implying that wiping is 100% guaranteed win which is not if you ignore beasts because they are worth just as much as a full team wipe while you're afking on node.

Also that's not considering people rotating while you're 5v4 mid, there's probably someone decapping then farming beasts regardless, making a wipe even less rewarding.

@Shao.7236 said:

It goes above your head that if you already won the fight, it's free points and if you lost the fight it's still free points to back in.

You're implying that wiping is 100% guaranteed win which is not if you ignore beasts because they are worth just as much as a full team wipe while you're afking on node.

Also that's not considering people rotating while you're 5v4 mid, there's probably someone decapping then farming beasts regardless, making a wipe even less rewarding.

Except nobody goes there if you already won a fight. One of the few times you should EVER go beast is if there is literally no fight occurring. And yes, 3v4 is almost a 100% guaranteed wipe since no one knows how to bail anymore, especially not pugs.

a 3v4 wipe creates a steamroll effect, so no, beasts are not worth losing a teamfight at all. If you get beast and lose a point and more importantly a fight it's not worth it, which will almost always happen if you go beast.

@Ostricheggs.3742 said:

Except nobody goes there if you already won a fight. One of the few times you should EVER go beast is if there is literally no fight occurring. And yes, 3v4 is almost a 100% guaranteed wipe since no one knows how to bail anymore, especially not pugs.

a 3v4 wipe creates a steamroll effect, so no, beasts are not worth losing a teamfight at all. If you get beast and lose a point and more importantly a fight it's not worth it, which will almost always happen if you go beast.

You're ignoring the point completely.

I'm not, I explained that you don't just "afk on node" after you win a fight. You go help other fights. You know how you're CONSTANTLY 1v2 when you're losing? That means you're getting steamrolled. That's what happens when you lose a large fight.

If the point wasn't "team fights are worth less than beasts" then I guess you have to explain yourself better.