I thought we were done with 1-shot spikes?

Enduronex.4865

https://prnt.sc/r9k0qr - NOPE! Rangers busted. How this got through quality control really boggles my mind. And no, 'concern trolls,' you can't 'just dodge' everything, and NO, you CAN'T see it coming or reasonably react to it in many scenarios, especially if you dodged and/or blocked the 9K Rapid Fire, so your arguments are invalid. This needs to be nerfed, period.

soulbeast damage was and it is still disgusting, why? well all the pet damage modifiers go into the player when merged so yeah sic'em + moment of clarity can give you those huge mauls and worldy impacts

it mostly affect soulbeast since you get all the pet % boosts when merged.

definitely needs some nerfs.

My core mes can hit higher numbers than that after patch, whereas before patch nothing I know of hit harder than a fully buffed WI from SlB. Thief one shots got hit the hardest IMO, as I can't find a way to do it yet without making it unplayable even in unranked. Mesmers only got a slight nerf as I easily found a build that one shots just as hard as before, and ranger got a big nerf to the one shots by killing the taunt into WI and removing taunt from protect me, as well as the flat damage reduction.

As someone said before, you could do 30K+ pre patch, that number went to around 14-17k I find post patch (for a fully buffed self-mauled etc WI). For comparison my thief was doing 17k malicious backstabs prepatch, 11k post patch. Again my mesmer core burst stayed about the same when I tweaked a couple things.

I can't speak to one shots (including sub-second multishots like mesmer) coming from other classes such as FA ele, necro or war, but mes seems to be most viable now with SlB nerfed to a second place. That's just my opinion on having played around with it for only a short bit though.

Anyways that's beside the point. I think OP's point was "Omg I can still be one shot and nothing should be able to hit for more than 10k!"

lol You're delusional; that's never going to happen, and in a game where min/maxing is possible you are always going to have builds running around that are unkillable 1v1 and builds that can one shot 1v1.

Though I will say that after patch, I find it pretty impossible to one shot someone who is playing bunker, and that's kind of how it should be IMO. I can get close tho, but they usually always live. I couldn't even put a dent into some of these tanky classes running around unless they were half HP and I rupted them for moment of clarity lol.

Again, I think that's how it should be and this patch was a good step forward. If you're being destroyed by a maxed out zerker power build before you can react to them, alert your team to their existence and put him on perma respawn. There is a reason you don't see these builds in higher ranked. Unranked Pugs not good enough? Tough kitten, get a team then. This is pvp, you're gonna die.

Edit:Oh and I forgot to add that unless you are wearing a zerker amulet it is really hard to actually be one shot by anything now from full health(never say never tho), which I think was their intention. As can be seen in the screenshots, everything now is the quick succession multihits.

That's pre patch btw, and I find it funny that I almost never heard complaints about that damage pre-patch (probably because the build was almost never used due to being so fragile), but now that it takes two skills (maul and WI together) to reach HALF the damage that WI or maul could do on it's own pre-patch, people start to complain?

I guess it's because some people were under the delusion that ANET was obliterating zerker builds post-patch and cry when they are hit for anything around 10k lol.

Well look what we are getting now, bunker + condi meta, have fun~

Some trait lines in general didn’t really get much damage modifiers nerfed at all tbh so things like crit strikes thief (actually they nerfed damage in thief but raised a few damage modifiers) and beast mastery soulbeast can put out some good burst. Stuff like this with 10k mauls, vaults etc all done on tanky classes is still very possible only question for how actually strong the build is how often or reasonable it is to get the burst off.

Pray they care about those anomalies, otherwise people are just going to leave again, myself included.

If it's not me dodging those attacks, it's my teammates that have to and it's really unfun to watch people get downstate in front of you even after giving them support buffs.

@Shao.7236 said:Pray they care about those anomalies, otherwise people are just going to leave again, myself included.

If it's not me dodging those attacks, it's my teammates that have to and it's really unfun to watch people get downstate in front of you even after giving them support buffs.

Bye then. . . .?

Guess what's unfun for me, nobody dying. That's unfun. Does your opinion count more than someone else's?

@Madisonlee.9641 said:

@Shao.7236 said:Pray they care about those anomalies, otherwise people are just going to leave again, myself included.

Bye then. . . .?

Guess what's unfun for me, nobody dying. That's unfun. Does your opinion count more than someone else's?

Boohoo.

How dumbfounded do you have to be thinking that it's fun killing anyone with no effort. Guess you never knew what it meant to earn your kills or be good at the game somehow by being consistently doing the right thing rather than clean house with 0 interaction.

My opinion is based on the factual evidence that if one thing takes way less effort than the other thing, it's not as skillful as the other therfor it's not in line with the balance thus you're being carried by bad design decisions.

Factually complex consistency is what define player skill and if you aren't dealing with it, you're no better than the person you just beat that requires more effort.

@bigo.9037 said:Dmg is all soulbeast has left. But yes. Let's forget necro and fb, boohoo a soulbeast running full dps traitlines, armour/amulet, runes, weapons, utilities actually deals dmg.

You can burst soulbeast down just as easily.

Bruh, I can run full DPS on anything and not even deal as close the damage this class does, this even tops DE stealth spam DJ. Don't try to normalize excessive bursts, they're not.

@Shao.7236 said:

@bigo.9037 said:Dmg is all soulbeast has left. But yes. Let's forget necro and fb, boohoo a soulbeast running full dps traitlines, armour/amulet, runes, weapons, utilities actually deals dmg.

Bruh, I can run full DPS on anything and not even deal as close the damage this class does, this even tops DE stealth spam DJ. Don't try to normalize excessive bursts, they're not.

Ranger doesn't have permastealth. Also, you have projectile walls now on DE and on utilities. What are you even complaining about? Try running some toughness lul.

Can't believe I have to explain to people in 2020 after dmg nerfs that they need to stop running full zerk if they don't wanna get 1shot.

Mesmers can 1shot me, revenants can kill me in 2 hits with crazy evade uptime and their dragon heal which denies a burst and heals them.

But you don't see me complaining about that, cus I'm not silly enough to suggest dmg nerfs to someone running around with full zerk, scholar runes, sicem, vicious quarry.Build has 0 condi cleanse and practically 0 sustain.

ALSO on DE if you wanna deny the burst just use your F1 for ez interrupt and then shadowmeld > stealth and you've won because you have more stealth than I have reveal. Cmon.

@bigo.9037 said:

Ranger doesn't have permastealth. Also, you have projectile walls now on DE and on utilities. What are you even complaining about? Try running some toughness lul.

Can't believe I have to explain to people in 2020 after dmg nerfs that they need to stop running full zerk if they don't wanna get 1shot.

Mesmers can 1shot me, revenants can kill me in 2 hits with crazy evade uptime and their dragon heal which denies a burst and heals them.

But you don't see me complaining about that, cus I'm not silly enough to suggest dmg nerfs to someone running around with full zerk, scholar runes, sicem, vicious quarry.Build has 0 condi cleanse and practically 0 sustain.

ALSO on DE if you wanna deny the burst just use your F1 for ez interrupt and then shadowmeld > stealth and you've won because you have more stealth than I have reveal. Cmon.

Rangers have a pretty neat safety disengage rotation with GS/Bow Smokescale, maybe you haven't found your way around it but I have and it's extremely bothersome to fight, not much has changed since the busted GS4 block was nerfed and carried every rangers around. They still have the same play style as a Deadeye with more damage in the end, it's almost as if Stealth duration needs a nerf on either end regardless because both can just say bye and meet you with a CC from the other side of the map. In the end it's all the same super low risk with super high reward quality gameplay everyone hates.

@bigo.9037 said:

STOP RUNNING ZERK? Everyone must run paladin because we have ranger booping you for 15-20k? Ranger damage is so high that doesnt matter if you run your paladin, you will hit him like a wet noodle when in exchange you would get hit by a truck.Mesmers can oneshot you? Revenants killing you with 2 hits? Bro, bring your oneshot mesmer and this 2hit K.O revenant* and I'll play soulbeast on zerk amulet, no problem, show me this mesmer oneshots, my pet will outDPS your zerk mesmer.Indeed the only problem for it would be condi classes , still can get bear stance and try to instagib that condi class on its duration. Sustain is w/e as you have stealth/channeled blocks/evades and in this patch brought down power damage quite a lot. Ranger traits were not touched (and its all about stacking damage) and this 50% damage on interrupt make him to crit instead of 12k for 18-22k (on light armor).Its more bothersome to fight CORE ranger with valkyrie amulet because of BM/MS synergy and hit like he has zerk amulet with all sustain and damage and icing on the cake are not nerfed pets.

@Odik.4587 said:

STOP RUNNING ZERK? Everyone must run paladin because we have ranger booping you for 15-20k? Ranger damage is so high that doesnt matter if you run your paladin, you will hit him like a wet noodle when in exchange you would get hit by a truck.Mesmers can oneshot you? Revenants killing you with 2 hits? Bro, bring your oneshot mesmer and this 2hit K.O ranger and I'll play soulbeast on zerk amulet, no problem, show me this mesmer oneshots, my pet will outDPS your zerk mesmer.Indeed the only problem for it would be condi classes , still can get bear stance and try to instagib that condi class on its duration. Sustain is w/e as you have stealth/channeled blocks/evades and in this patch brought down power damage quite a lot. Ranger traits were not touched (and its all about stacking damage) and this 50% damage on interrupt make him to crit instead of 12k for 18-22k (on light armor).Its more bothersome to fight CORE ranger with valkyrie amulet because of BM/MS synergy and hit like he has zerk amulet with all sustain and damage and icing on the cake are not nerfed pets.

Ok I have to ask, mainly because all rangers I meet I end up relegating to “run for you life or die by my hand.” Am I missing something here? I genuinely don’t think Ranger is that high up the food chain as a lot of forum posters make it out to be. Mind you I have logged an insane amount of hours fighting Kiri and playing druid back in HoT.

I just can’t see what all the hype is about. Or in this case, the outcry.

@ArlAlt.1630 said:

STOP RUNNING ZERK? Everyone must run paladin because we have ranger booping you for 15-20k? Ranger damage is so high that doesnt matter if you run your paladin, you will hit him like a wet noodle when in exchange you would get hit by a truck.Mesmers can oneshot you? Revenants killing you with 2 hits? Bro, bring your oneshot mesmer and this 2hit K.O ranger and I'll play soulbeast on zerk amulet, no problem, show me this mesmer oneshots, my pet will outDPS your zerk mesmer.Indeed the only problem for it would be condi classes , still can get bear stance and try to instagib that condi class on its duration. Sustain is w/e as you have stealth/channeled blocks/evades and in this patch brought down power damage quite a lot. Ranger traits were not touched (and its all about stacking damage) and this 50% damage on interrupt make him to crit instead of 12k for 18-22k (on light armor).Its more bothersome to fight CORE ranger with valkyrie amulet because of BM/MS synergy and hit like he has zerk amulet with all sustain and damage and icing on the cake are not nerfed pets.

Ok I have to ask, mainly because all rangers I meet I end up relegating to “run for you life or die by my hand.” Am I missing something here? I genuinely don’t think Ranger is that high up the food chain as a lot of forum posters make it out to be. Mind you I have logged an insane amount of hours fighting Kiri and playing druid back in HoT.

My highest burst hit on zerk as Revenant is 7k given the stars align, I can understand that Revenant is more volatile with a lot of options, but the fact the other class next to me can do 4 times more damage with little effort is the reason for the outcry, not asking them to make the damage equal, but rather tone it down so it's not that easy to deal with. Twice is already a lot.

@Shao.7236 said:

My highest burst hit on zerk as Revenant is 7k given the stars align, I can understand that Revenant is more volatile with a lot of options, but the fact the other class next to me can do 4 times more damage with little effort is the reason for the outcry, not asking them to make the damage equal, but rather tone it down so it's not that easy to deal with. Twice is already a lot.^ Pretty much this. And you dont need any stars to align. CC into maul/WI and byebyeIll gib you something in PM :)

@Shao.7236 said:

My highest burst hit on zerk as Revenant is 7k given the stars align, I can understand that Revenant is more volatile with a lot of options, but the fact the other class next to me can do 4 times more damage with little effort is the reason for the outcry, not asking them to make the damage equal, but rather tone it down so it's not that easy to deal with. Twice is already a lot.

I might be burying myself deeper with this, but I think a lot of this needs to factor in conditions(not the GW2 DoTs). It cannot be taken in vacuum.

How much of said damage is available as counter pressure? Is it reliably landed as such? What options does blowing a defensive CD net in said conditions.

I’m not trying to muddle it and provide excuses for the ranger apologists. I’m just illustrating MY thought process when tackling that particular encounter.

@ArlAlt.1630 said:

I might be burying myself deeper with this, but I think a lot of this needs to factor in conditions(not the GW2 DoTs). It cannot be taken in vacuum.

How much of said damage is available as counter pressure? Is it reliably landed as such? What options does blowing a defensive CD net in said conditions.

I’m not trying to muddle it and provide excuses for the ranger apologists. I’m just illustrating MY thought process when tackling that particular encounter.

Are you asking as me the victim or the ranger itself?

So if I create a post with screenshots where I get hit by 10k damage Backstab DD or a Holosmith that destroys me by spamming PF's ability or does 4-5k damage using Grenade Barrage or a Warrior who can kill me with 3 hits by chaining CC and punches when he uses Rampage or Arcing Slice which also hits for 8k on Dps SpellBreaker with 1 adrenaline bar, this will justify my request for nerfs? The players like to do great damage now that Demolisher is no longer profitable they use Berserker.

@Shao.7236 said:

Bye then. . . .?

Boohoo.

How dumbfounded do you have to be thinking that it's fun killing anyone with no effort. Guess you never knew what it meant to earn your kills or be good at the game somehow by being consistently doing the right thing rather than clean house with 0 interaction.

My opinion is based on the factual evidence that if one thing takes way less effort than the other thing, it's not as skillful as the other therfor it's not in line with the balance thus you're being carried by bad design decisions.

Factually complex consistency is what define player skill and if you aren't dealing with it, you're no better than the person you just beat that requires more effort.

Any experienced player is going to wipe the floor with newer players, period. Experienced players running meme builds just do it faster.

These builds are not viable in higher ranks because of their min/maxed status toward zerker stats and all it takes is 1 good enemy to keep an eye out and shut them down.

If you keep trying to nerf power builds because they can be taken to the extreme, you run the risk of pushing the meta back to the HoT bunker meta which was incredibly boring. In the same way, if you keep trying to coddle newer players by nerfing anything dangerous to them, you run the same risk of a meta where nothing dies, or a shift to a condi meta which is even more cancerous than one shotting.

This patch brought ranger into line. It nerfed their damage SIGNIFICANTLY. My mesmer bursts harder than my ranger now, and mes has better active defense than ranger. My thief was utterly obliterated (17k backstabs to 11k post patch). My WI went from 30k to around 14k.

As it stands in competitive matches, I can run in and yeet someone for around 14k, perhaps killing them, only to have their teammate almost instantly res them and then I'm left standing there pretty much defenseless and get deleted. This is why these builds are not run competitively; they are one trick ponies. But because in noncompetitive matches I can steamroll through newer players, that justifies further nerfs?

Think carefully before you ask for things due to unintended consequences.