Small Scale bosses

Do you think this game lacks small scale bosses?

I do, and heres why. Although we have Veterans and Champions, I do not really consider these guys bosses because they don't drop unique gear specific to them.Like in traditional RPGs, if you go fight let's say in EQ Emperor Crush, you're going to get items tied to him, if you fight one of the other nameds you get stuff tied to them only. You go fight Tequatl, there is stuff tied to Tequatl only.

Thats how I define bosses.

Now in this game, I feel like everything is geared towards massive amount of people coming to help and kill the event bosses (Champion Boar in Queensdale, doesn't drop anything unique and usually massive amount of people end up killing it). You have bounties, but do I really consider them bosses? No, they don't drop unique stuff tied to them, they are just there for doing a daily that just gives currency for zone, nothing really special outside of that.

Because of this, I feel why people don't connect with each other as much, because every boss or content in this game is geared towards a ton of people, not even saying hello to each other gather up and fight something not really special just for a quick daily. However if this game had some small scale bosses in open world, that don't usually spawn all the time, they don't have to be crazy flipping strong either, but the whole point is you keep killing certain things and try to get it to spawn, this gets people together because people have to pick and choose what they want to get and only a certain unique boss (small scale, as in not flipping whole group/squad needs to be able to kill it) has the gear they looking for and thus to farm him.

Some of you may not be on board with small scale bosses that take effort to spawn just so they can get unique reward, but let me remind of you something.In GW1 they had UNIQUE gear, and this gear usually came from bosses people had to pick and choose to spend effort on just to have a chance they drop the set item they are looking for.https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Unique_item

I'd prefer these be obtained in openworld rather than instances. These items could be in spots where people don't really venture (outside of the meta areas, outside of the bounty areas).They don't all have to be super amazing, I'd just like to have a reason to be doing content that would otherwise be worthless. I would prefer they be in indoor type areas too. Ex. I fight in Cantha, inside some mansion, theres gang members inside, I clear them a couple times, all sudden Big BoB spawns and is angry I'm messing with his operations. He has a unique loot table, drops variety of items that only can be obtained from him and nobody else.

I would like some effort being taken to get to them, I think game needs content where a couple of adventerors are on common goal and get something accomplished and rewarded properly. There is too much massive amount/ everyone gets rewarded. While doing so, everyone doesnt say hello to each other, everyone doesnt notice each other besides 'people are here', etc. Thus, Guild Wars 2 needs more handful of people benefit content, in the open world environment. Thats where I feel small scale bosses would be a benefit and in this type of manner where they have a unique loot table.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:Do you think this game lacks small scale bosses?

I do, and heres why. Although we have Veterans and Champions, I do not really consider these guys bosses because they don't drop unique gear specific to them.Like in traditional RPGs, if you go fight let's say in EQ Emperor Crush, you're going to get items tied to him, if you fight one of the other nameds you get stuff tied to them only. You go fight Tequatl, there is stuff tied to Tequatl only.

Thats how I define bosses.

This is actually one of the things I think Gw1 did significantly better than Gw2.

Gw2 does have a ridiculous amount of skins but it does lack in unique boss weapons.

I think it would be a pretty awesome thing to have each world boss have a rare chance to drop unique exotic or ascended weapon skins.A handful of them do have unique drops but imo all of them should have a unique drop.. it would certainly make them more worthwile to run daily.

As for champs.. I think this is one area anet could either redo or enhance those special weapon drops.. you know those occasional weapons you find that give you a choice of stats.. really pointless ones that not even new players really get much use out of.Make these exclusive to specific champs and ramp them up a bit to rare/exotics and either level cap them to the highest level by the map or make them level up with your character to a max of say 75-78 or something.Can give them generic or random skins.. won't matter but this way they would be actually useful to new and old players while also making them meaningful rare drops from boss creatures.

Didn't they add new specific skins (both armor and weapons) for Drakkar? You mean something that spawns without a fixed time, like a dynamic event?Idk, if we only talk about skins... ok, why not. But GW2 was meant to let the people jump-in without having to really farm a gear. Also bounties (legendary) drop Elegy Mosaics, and they are the only way to buy the funerary weapons. We already have some exclusive skins from bosses in open world.

@"Urud.4925" said:Didn't they add new specific skins (both armor and weapons) for Drakkar? You mean something that spawns without a fixed time, like a dynamic event?Idk, if we only talk about skins... ok, why not. But GW2 was meant to let the people jump-in without having to really farm a gear. Also bounties (legendary) drop Elegy Mosaics, and they are the only way to buy the funerary weapons. We already have some exclusive skins from bosses in open world.

Isn't drakkar's "exclusive skins" just re dyed boreal weapon skins?

I do think there needs to be more dropped exclusive items in the game. I wish legendaries dropped, but with like a .00001% chance, something like the khan-ur helm.

While I found GW1 loot is very boring but some how Anet manage to make GW2 loot event worse. XD

What ever who you hunt or how many chest you open they all drop the same junk. But at least this annoyance make up by guarantee reward system from quest and achievement. (even so... I still want loot feel more reward than currently is)

@ErikTheTyrant.4527 said:

@"Urud.4925" said:Didn't they add new specific skins (both armor and weapons) for Drakkar? You mean something that spawns without a fixed time, like a dynamic event?Idk, if we only talk about skins... ok, why not. But GW2 was meant to let the people jump-in without having to really farm a gear. Also bounties (legendary) drop Elegy Mosaics, and they are the only way to buy the funerary weapons. We already have some exclusive skins from bosses in open world.

Isn't drakkar's "exclusive skins" just re dyed boreal weapon skins?

I do think there needs to be more dropped exclusive items in the game. I wish legendaries dropped, but with like a .00001% chance, something like the khan-ur helm.

Re-colored and with more effects.

I am 100% for this, and have been for years.

It's something they slightly improved on in PoF, with certain enemies dropping unique mini-pets of themselves, and a weapon or two (Branded Eye of Argon), but that's about it. GW2 did unique small-boss loot 1,000 times better, and sometimes it really was just a recoloring of another skin--but it still feels special to get a maxed-out item that only one enemy in the game drops (I'd want some unique skins that are only acquired from boss loot drops though, and not only recolors of other skins). I really miss small-scale bosses and unique GW1-styled loot-drops, and I've supported what you've written here for a long time. Let's hope for an addition of this to the game.In GW1 they added Sorrow's Furnace and unique drops in a patch, so they could do something similar again! P.S. never forget Rotscale!

@"kharmin.7683" said:If there were "easier" bosses that dropped "unique" items, then how unique would these items be if practically everyone does the content for these items?

Either that or the drop rates would be so low it'd be another rendak. One that only the first couple there would get hits on.

The issue with this system is that a large percentage of players will rush it at release to get all of the skins. There then will be players that are upset how these small-scale bosses are difficult to get to as they spawn randomly and die so quickly (sound familiar?). They'll request changes which will then make them like everything else thus failing to accomplish what you intended.

Also, the boar in Queensdale hasn't been a champion in like 6 years.

@Hashberry.4510 said:I don't like that sort of system where you farm a boss over and over hoping for 'your' drop. This is one reason why I play this game, to avoid that style.

Yet that is how Tequatl and others is done.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:The issue with this system is that a large percentage of players will rush it at release to get all of the skins. There then will be players that are upset how these small-scale bosses are difficult to get to as they spawn randomly and die so quickly (sound familiar?). They'll request changes which will then make them like everything else thus failing to accomplish what you intended.

Thats why you have many sets, many bosses.If 2-10 people band together because they working on something that is a good thing.Who says it always has to spawn too, it could spawn based on RNG. Which makes those 2-10 people stick together longer and actually form some kind of bond, like recognizing the other player,

rather than 20+ people come to fight a world boss and you probably wont recognize anyone again even if you see them again and again because there is too many people around everytime.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@Hashberry.4510 said:I don't like that sort of system where you farm a boss over and over hoping for 'your' drop. This is one reason why I play this game, to avoid that style.

Yet that is how Tequatl and others is done.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:The issue with this system is that a large percentage of players will rush it at release to get all of the skins. There then will be players that are upset how these small-scale bosses are difficult to get to as they spawn randomly and die so quickly (sound familiar?). They'll request changes which will then make them like everything else thus failing to accomplish what you intended.

Thats why you have many sets, many bosses.If 2-10 people band together because they working on something that is a good thing.Who says it always has to spawn too, it could spawn based on RNG.
Which makes those 2-10 people stick together longer and actually form some kind of bond, like recognizing the other player,

rather than 20+ people come to fight a world boss and you probably wont recognize anyone again even if you see them again and again because there is too many people around everytime.

Like a guild? There are definitely fashion guilds out there. Of course, it would be nice if I could join one, but alas, my guild slots are full.

That said, so, you are requesting, a boss that can be killed by 2 or so people, that randomly spawns anywhere, so you can spend months, possibly years, farming the armor pieces that drop from it? (Since I assume you want a full set.) You would also have to hope that it wasn't also being killed by another group, of just a couple folks, at the same time, just in another map. Would these armor pieces be account bound or free to be sold for Chak infusion style prices?

The alternative is if the bosses spawned everywhere, frequently, all over, repeatedly, so everyone could easily get the pieces.

This sounds like a headache people from older MMOs are trying to avoid. And the way ANET's implemented tied loot before....god just look at the drop rate for Berserker's Mordrem Saber. That thing is tied to a boss and used to be worth almost 200g at one point, it took years for it to get where it's at now.

@mindcircus.1506 said:I am really not sure that what this game needs right now is more farmable casual open world pve content.

Nothing, the game is fine. People just don't take a breaks and finish new content in a day. The only thing I would say is the reward tracks for maps is slow...and mostly unrewarding. Could use a new raid, its been a while since one came out too.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:Do you think this game lacks small scale bosses?

~SNIP~

No, it doesn't; you're allowed to have your opinion, just like I have mine and I say it doesn't because this is a different game from GW1, there fore it doesn't need the same thing, doesn't need community like everyone keeps complaining...it's just a large open world solo game with large group events thrown in for variety, just the way it was designed.