Please extend the daily achievment point limit

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Daddicus.6128 said:No. There are not enough AP in the various parts of the game. That's completely the opposite. See it through your own eyes if you want, but if it's impossible to achieve a full radiant set playing THE dominant part of the game in 8 years, there's something wrong with the game.

There are more than enough achievements in the game. The achievement system is not a game-mode specific. You're making the choice to exclude achievements whether it be because you don't want to do them or don't like the game mode that they are a part of. The achievement skin sets are not strictly PVE.

@Daddicus.6128 said:No. There are not enough AP in the various parts of the game. That's completely the opposite. See it through your own eyes if you want, but if it's impossible to achieve a full radiant set playing THE dominant part of the game in 8 years, there's something wrong with the game.

@Daddicus.6128 said:But in eight years, it should be possible to get them all in any of the three modes.

There are enough AP. You just want the full reward without doing all the "work".

@Kulvar.1239 said:

@Daddicus.6128 said:But in eight years, it should be possible to get them all in any of the three modes.

There are enough AP. You just want the full reward without doing all the "work".

TBH, i think they need to change at what point the armor is given out. You should be able to get a full set of one instead of 3 pieces of both and then the last two pieces. i just reached 21k AP, i dont saddly have the ability to get on daily so my dailies sits at around 5k, but to get the 10k in dailies im missing id have to be able to play everyday, for nearly a full 3 years, in the meantime while slowly getting that 10AP, the rest of the AP i can get from every game mode(Including raids, cant do because of my work schedule, and PVP which is to annoying to bother trying.) wouldnt even bring me to 30k AP to obtain the first chest piece.

Im willing to do the work, there just isnt enough in game to be able to obtain what i want, and anet is awful slow about trickling AP into the game.

@Kulvar.1239 said:

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said that.

@Daddicus.6128 said:No, it's because I choose to play only in the heart of the game: PvE. I can't help it that they didn't give the 85% of their players enough AP to get the whole suite of armor.

And before the game is 8 years old, you'll have enough AP to get it by playing the whole game mode you personally care about.

@Daddicus.6128 said:

@Mad As Hell.2168 said:8,175 hours 32 minutes over the 2,065 days. Don't Raid. Don't WvW. Don't PvP. Got burned out on fractals so I don't have all the challenge motes. Still don't have the last couple of Arah paths. 29,893 AP. I need my Fire Shirt.

THIS is my point. I have similar numbers, but the armor is completely out of reach right now.

Part of the issue (if one wants to call it that) is that ANet massively throttled the amount of AP granted by achievements from HoT onwards. For comparison, check out the Ambrite weapon collection, which gave players a whopping 50 AP, to something like the Machined weapon collection, which gave a measly 3 AP, despite requiring probably equal amounts of work. (Not until recently, with the Illuminated Boreal weapon collection, did we see a 50 AP collection again.) I can't speak for why ANet did this; maybe they didn't want players to reach such heights of AP that it would force them to keep creating ever more rewards for AP chests (my personal theory), but the discrepancy in AP granted by past and current achieves is pretty stark.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I wouldn't mind the Daily AP cap being lifted, but aside from that... why not bring back Monthly AP as well? Leave the Daily AP cap at 15k, bring back the Monthly cap of 5k. 20k, + whatever AP you can acquire from your preferred game mode, should be enough to allow one to acquire a full Radiant or Hellfire set, if that's what your long-term goal is.

I'm sort of looking forward to hitting the 15K cap (should happen sometime this fall I think).As noted above, AP are generally hard to come by now days. The 300 AP/month by doing dailies is one of the reasons I do them.When I'm at the cap, then I don't have the issue of 'missing out' on dailies by not doing them. And that is apparently the case for a lot of veteran players - they are glad there is a cap for the same reason - there is no pressure for them to do the dailies to keep their total up.

@"Daddicus.6128" said:No. There are not enough AP in the various parts of the game. That's completely the opposite. See it through your own eyes if you want, but if it's impossible to achieve a full radiant set playing THE dominant part of the game in 8 years, there's something wrong with the game.

"THE dominant part of the game" is subjective, theres all kinds of players.

Meaning, by what youre saying, theres always something wrong with the game.

Game is almost 8 years old. Newer players can't get LW1, Monthly and a whole bunch of other rewards. So they will always lag behind veterans.So there is no need to fear rising the cap, the newer players will never catch up. But it would be nice to be able to reach 30k or more without being forced into game modes a player really dislikes.

Raise the cap. Slighty. 2k per year would be too much. 500 per year maybe? So people do not feel 'forced' to do them, while still being able to see progress.

The AP tally shouldn't really be a bragging point anymore. Glamour items and titles seem to be the goal now.

I do the dailies because the 3 Spirit Shards are valuable and you get 2 gold.Daily logins give you roughly another 2 gold a day PLUS 7 clovers a month.This is just to start the night. Then I have a variety of my own daily stuff I do that creates another 15g in my wallet plus I have fun doing them.

@lare.5129 said:there is no any point to increase this cap. People should try other ways to get ap, not from dayli. Should be easy ans cheap ? Don't think so.

See my post above please.

Im running out of AP to obtain in all game modes and just hit 21k. FInishing all achievements in all game modes wouldnt bring me to 30k for even the first chest piece(If all the LS1 achievements where still in game i would be to able to reach that 30k but they arent.). I dont have anywhere near a maxed daily cap(roughly 6k AP, forgot to add monthlies in the earlier post.) Finishing off the remaining daily AP would take literal years to do if i could play everyday, i cant. Sometimes i cant play upwards of 6 months at a time(deployments are fun.).

So while i dont think they need to raise the cap(much. 1k a year would be nice.) i wish theyd stop being so stingy with AP given. The have drastically reduced the amount of AP gained for harder achievements even, and the income rate with each story is very low. Finishing off ascended collections used to grant 20+ Ap, some even 50AP, now they give 10AP if you are lucky.

@Floppy.4936 said:

@Kovu.7560 said:its just a number next to your account with very little actual value.Are you forgetting all the rewards including 400 gems every 5k achievement points?

400 gems are only about 140g. 7 hours in the Silverwastes would cover that with less effort than 5k AP earned.If your goal is to earn gems, do a few hours a week and you get some mad money to spend.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:So they will always lag behind veterans.that lag also only in head. New players come an after one week get ascend, after 4 week kill dhuum cm .. most veterans still don't get it.

@Dante.1763 said:Im running out of AP to obtain in all game modes and just hit 21k. FInishing all achievements in all game modes wouldnt bring me to 30k for even the first chest piece(If all the LS1 achievementsHow I get 33k without any lw1, without gw1, without raids(very small part only done), and still get 10ap each day.May be time to start play ??

@keenedge.9675 said:400 gems are only about 140g. 7 hours in the Silverwastes would cover that with less effort than 5k AP earned.If your goal is to earn gems, do a few hours a week and you get some mad money to spend.

Gold isn‘t my goal, a kind of Progression is my goal. As you don’t need Gold, while you aren’t in the game and it turned out that this missing Progression demotivated me to be in the game.

I'd recommend playing for fun while waiting for new Living World stuff (and in the future) expansion getting added. Will bring more achievements to do "progression." (Also you could start a new char and level him from level 1 to 80 normaly for a feeling of progression.)

Do all of the people that want increased cap have completed ALL (every single one!) achievements from PvE, PvP, WvW? I'm sure there is stuff where you still can find progression by even having to play a bit longer. (Instead of only logging in for a few mins.) I mean there are a few grindy permanent achievements that could give long term motivation.

@"Dante.1763" said:Im running out of AP to obtain in all game modes and just hit 21k. FInishing all achievements in all game modes wouldnt bring me to 30k for even the first chest piece(If all the LS1 achievements where still in game i would be to able to reach that 30k but they arent.). I dont have anywhere near a maxed daily cap(roughly 6k AP, forgot to add monthlies in the earlier post.) Finishing off the remaining daily AP would take literal years to do if i could play everyday, i cant. Sometimes i cant play upwards of 6 months at a time(deployments are fun.).

You’re wrong. Very wrong. Based on what you just said alone, you’re saying that over half the AP in the game isn’t obtainable anymore. You’re seriously overestimating how much AP in the game was temporarily obtainable.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/88ln8z/history_of_possible_ap_gain_in_pictures_and/

It’s also likely less than what the link indicates as they’ve brought things back.