Please extend the daily achievment point limit

@Dayra.7405 said:Do you really compete on AP? I only want it as personal progress measure and would be perfectlxys fine, if they would increase the cap by 2k per year.Would be even consistent with the current 15k cap, game is around 7.5 years old :)

I would accept this as well, but my caution is that it makes it impossible for newer players to ever catch up.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Daddicus.6128 said:

@Dayra.7405 said:Do you really compete on AP? I only want it as personal progress measure and would be perfectlys fine, if they would increase the cap by 2k per year.Would be even consistent with the current 15k cap, game is around 7.5 years old :)

I would accept this as well, but my caution is that it makes it impossible for newer players to ever catch up.

If the cap was raised by 2000pts every yearSomeone starting 1st of january 2021 would only reach the cap by 13th of january 2030, the cap would be 35 000 at that point.Someone starting 1st of january 2022 would only reach the cap by 17th of february 2031, the cap would be 37 000 at that point.Someone starting 1st of january 2023 would only reach the cap by 23th of march 2032, the cap would be 39 000 at that point.

It's way overblown. That's more AP than most people currently have.

@Daddicus.6128 said:

Making a progressive threshold is useless to veterans players.Either it lengthen the number of dailies needed to reach the last cap which is bad for new players. Or it slow the new players down which is also bad.

Wrong and mostly wrong. The whole point is that there is no cap. The amount earned keeps going down, forever.

And, it doesn't slow anybody down unless my more radical suggestion is implemented, to start the downward progression earlier than at 15,000.

You still earn points forever, just 1 per day after 1500 dailies.

The thing is that there are only two outcome with your diminishing returns.Either it slow new players, or it requires new players to not miss dailies for a longer time period to reach the last step.

@Daddicus.6128 said:

@Dayra.7405 said:Do you really compete on AP? I only want it as personal progress measure and would be perfectlxys fine, if they would increase the cap by 2k per year.Would be even consistent with the current 15k cap, game is around 7.5 years old :)

New players would never catch up to veteran players through dailies alone. Increasing the daily cap only diminishes the AP earned from achievements that require you to actually do something than visit a vista, harvest a few nodes, get ported to the end of a JP, etc. The the existing AP are already bloated with the dailies/monthlies. My suggestion, as has been in the past, is to just remove the daily/monthly AP from the game entirely and then re-balance the AP rewards with that taken into account.

@Daddicus.6128 said:Right now, it is physically impossible for me to attain a full set of radiant armor, something I strove for early in the game's life. The cap almost got me to quit, but I stuck to it because I still like the game. I'm sitting somewhere near 29,000, but still need more than 7,000 to get it, and there aren't 7,000 even available to me (I never touch PvP or raids, and only do limited WvW.)

It saddens me that that armor set is out of my reach, but I'll continue to play the game anyhow. (I will say that it has caused me to spend slightly less money in the gem store, though, if anybody from ANet cares.)

The armor is out of reach because you choose to ignore a lot of achievements.

I'll never reach that 15K mark. It's not a goal for me. I still work on things that earn points and enjoy the rewards every 500.

It amazes me the number of people who reach a high plateau in the game and then complain about reaching that plateau; "I have every Legendary ... now what?" "I've reached the 300% Luck cap, what do I do with them now?" "I beat the game ... twice ... blindfolded ... with a cat on the keyboard!"

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

New players would never catch up to veteran players through dailies alone. Increasing the daily cap only diminishes the AP earned from achievements that require you to actually do something than visit a vista, harvest a few nodes, get ported to the end of a JP, etc. The the existing AP are already bloated with the dailies/monthlies. My suggestion, as has been in the past, is to just remove the daily/monthly AP from the game entirely and then re-balance the AP rewards with that taken into account.

@Daddicus.6128 said:Right now, it is physically impossible for me to attain a full set of radiant armor, something I strove for early in the game's life. The cap almost got me to quit, but I stuck to it because I still like the game. I'm sitting somewhere near 29,000, but still need more than 7,000 to get it, and there aren't 7,000 even available to me
(I never touch PvP or raids, and only do limited WvW.)

It saddens me that that armor set is out of my reach, but I'll continue to play the game anyhow. (I will say that it has caused me to spend slightly less money in the gem store, though, if anybody from ANet cares.)

The armor is out of reach because you
choose
to ignore a lot of achievements.

No, it's because I choose to play only in the heart of the game: PvE. I can't help it that they didn't give the 85% of their players enough AP to get the whole suite of armor.

@Daddicus.6128 said:

@Daddicus.6128 said:Right now, it is physically impossible for me to attain a full set of radiant armor, something I strove for early in the game's life. The cap almost got me to quit, but I stuck to it because I still like the game. I'm sitting somewhere near 29,000, but still need more than 7,000 to get it, and there aren't 7,000 even available to me

choose

No, it's because I choose to play only in the heart of the game: PvE. I can't help it that they didn't give the 85% of their players enough AP to get the whole suite of armor.

I don't know why you're saying no as you essentially restated what I had said. You're making the choice by choosing to avoid certain achievements. That's entirely on you, not Anet. This game encompasses all game modes and so do the achievements.

I say: Intead of increasing the AP ... just give the ones that reache the cap a 50 adcditional silver to the 2g daily reward. Then it's "take it or leave it". Everyone is happy. They get a bit more instead.

Players that wan't to catch up can still catch up with others not always grinding more AP.

Also keep in mind: The AP are giving chests (some of them which reward gems).Someone argues in favor of cap increase that he is pissed cause he can't get some skin where he'd need 7k more AP.

I just say: That actually is a reason against an increase. Others might have worked for the skin and more AP by doing hard permanent achievements. Others just "wait it out" with dailies. Doesn't makse sense. I doubt ArenaNet intened it that way.

(In fact dailiy AP should not have been made at all. AP without dailies but lowered requirements for AP chests would have made more sense.)

So I say: If they need more rewards give them anything small but not AP. (Just a few silver migh be enough to make them "feel good" if it is just about the feeling of getting more.)

Also the "less players will play without cap increase": I don't see that. With cap increase players will only login an do the dailies. (Since they only care about AP farming to show off their big AP number.) They don't like the game. They don't want to play it. But they feel forced to not look less experienced by smaller AP numbers. (So they feel forced to keep grinding.)

That's not the playerbase you want to attract! Not helping anyone (newbies) in the maps if they just login. Get the AP. And leave. There are enough players in older maps even if there are no daily rewards - not part of the "daily event" there.) The system currently works fine. (Also some weird grind collections in older maps with rare drops ... exotic hunter or treasure hunter or what it is called. I'm against such stuff to populate the maps. But since it exists now it can't be removed.)

Instead add more fun game mechanics to make the game more fun. (More open world events that require teamwork. Not just "50 guys zerg a boss down and press 1".)

@"Luthan.5236" said:I say: Intead of increasing the AP ... just give the ones that reache the cap a 50 adcditional silver to the 2g daily reward. Then it's "take it or leave it". Everyone is happy. They get a bit more instead.

Players that wan't to catch up can still catch up with others not always grinding more AP.

You're already ahead of any new player in total money earned. There's no reason to make dailies even more worth to veteran players.

@"Luthan.5236" said:Instead add more fun game mechanics to make the game more fun. (More open world events that require teamwork. Not just "50 guys zerg a boss down and press 1".)

On that I agree.

@Kodama.6453 said:Daily achievement points are the only thing getting you motivated to play the game?

This.

I mean, I dont play that much anymore, but I am so glad I don't feel artificially generated pressure to play something over and over again.

Sure, it's less motivating to play, but you also should look at what you're really playing when logging in. The last 2-3k of daily AP I rarely felt like I was doing anything enjoyable, and sometimes I just skipped it. Now I do dailies, every once in a while, to get some extra gold.

Extending the daily AP limit beyond the 15k could have a more psychological effect than anything else, because you can see (at least for a while, until you hit the new cap) some sort of progression. That little bit of positive enforcement will do a lot for player happiness, especially in the current state of reward structure, where way too many things are "do something over and over again" (e.g. kill 1k mobs for each area of Dragonfall) or "do collections for things, that unlock new collections for things" (e.g. Astral & Stellar Weapons in Istan + mat costs) or "wait for things to happen in a very small time window and do that over and over again" (e.g. "defending bridges in Dragonfall). Those AP structures wear players down.I went after APs for quite a while myself, but stopped when the majority of new points were put in Raid content. A new increase of the cap would not bring be back into the competition for APs.

@Kulvar.1239 said:

@"Luthan.5236" said:I say: Intead of increasing the AP ... just give the ones that reache the cap a 50 adcditional silver to the 2g daily reward. Then it's "take it or leave it". Everyone is happy. They get a bit more instead.

You're already ahead of any new player in total money earned. There's no reason to make dailies even more worth to veteran players.

It's true. They already have enough gold. Then again ... giving a lil bit more won't hurt since other players can just farm it in other ways as much as they want. Not something as unique as AP that should not be devalued.

Another solution might be to add another AP counter for above the cap. Then calculate total AP for the top list (for those who want to show off) ... but for rewards (AP chests) use only the ones until the cap of 15k from dailies + the permanent ones.

I think it has already been suggested (and for some reason not implemented): But for the dailiy rewards a different system might be interesting. We have the daily login rewards and I had people seen with threads that complained about "I have already everything I want different stuff or be free to choose".

Let's give (in addition to the 2 gold) some different currency that could buy rare stuff. (But make it long term so it is not some big advantage and still hard to earn.) We can already get dungeon tokens from PvP rewards by just playing (even losing is enough if you play lots of matches). Could be for example "DP" - daily reward points. 1 for each day you do your 3 dailies.

Then 10 or 50 or whatever (ArenaNet needs to balance it so it is still worth doing it ... but not too easy) for a few Dungeon tokens. Or other stuff. (Or make it even tradeable for addtitional laurels or exclusive minis n s tuff only obtainable with that currency.)

@Luthan.5236 said:

@Luthan.5236 said:I say: Intead of increasing the AP ... just give the ones that reache the cap a 50 adcditional silver to the 2g daily reward. Then it's "take it or leave it". Everyone is happy. They get a bit more instead.

It's true. They already have enough gold. Then again ... giving a lil bit more won't hurt since other players can just farm it in other ways as much as they want. Not something as unique as AP that should not be devalued.

Another solution might be to add another AP counter for above the cap. Then calculate total AP for the top list (for those who want to show off) ... but for rewards (AP chests) use only the ones until the cap of 15k from dailies + the permanent ones.

I think it has already been suggested (and for some reason not implemented): But for the dailiy rewards a different system might be interesting. We have the daily login rewards and I had people seen with threads that complained about "I have already everything I want different stuff or be free to choose".

Let's give (in addition to the 2 gold) some different currency that could buy rare stuff. (But make it long term so it is not some big advantage and still hard to earn.) We can already get dungeon tokens from PvP rewards by just playing (even losing is enough if you play lots of matches). Could be for example "DP" - daily reward points. 1 for each day you do your 3 dailies.

Then 10 or 50 or whatever (ArenaNet needs to balance it so it is still worth doing it ... but not too easy) for a few Dungeon tokens. Or other stuff. (Or make it even tradeable for addtitional laurels or exclusive minis n s tuff only obtainable with that currency.)

And then players would complain that their displayed AP is not the AP used for the reward chests.It's a bad idea to use the same name for things that don't work the same.

And showing a daily counter or playtime would mostly be useless UI clutter.If you want to prove your ability to grind for months, there's already legendary weapons.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

choose

I don't know why you're saying no as you essentially restated what I had said. You're making the choice by choosing to avoid certain achievements. That's entirely on you, not Anet. This game encompasses all game modes and so do the achievements.

Sorry. I'll restate.

I'm not ignoring the achievements. I'm rejecting the playing modes that contain the most toxic players, and also the modes that (at my age) I cannot compete at. It just so happens that a significant portion of the available achievement points (APs, five to eight thousand) are in those modes.

The bottom line is that PvE (only) does not (yet) contain enough APs for a PvE-only player to attain a full set of radiant armor.

NOTE: I say PvE-only, but that's not quite true. I'm using it here because it fits with the context. I do play WvW daily, but only for the daily achievements. I don't have the reaction times, though, to compete at the level required to gather a majority of the APs available in WvW.

I'd like more too although after the 15k cap perhaps it should be limited to 1AP a day or something.

A lot of days I only log in for dailys and that really killed my AP gain when I hit the cap.A lot of the AP I have left to collect is either in PvP which I don't play, Raids which I just can't get into or WvW which is pure grind.

It leaves Festivals and new living world as the only decent source of AP I have to get which isn't terrible but it does map AP accumilation very slow now.

@Daddicus.6128 said:

choose

Sorry. I'll restate.

I'm not ignoring the achievements. I'm rejecting the playing modes that contain the most toxic players, and also the modes that (at my age) I cannot compete at. It just so happens that a significant portion of the available achievement points (APs, five to eight thousand) are in those modes.

The bottom line is that PvE (only) does not (yet) contain enough APs for a PvE-only player to attain a full set of radiant armor.

NOTE: I say PvE-only, but that's not quite true. I'm using it here because it fits with the context. I do play WvW daily, but only for the daily achievements. I don't have the reaction times, though, to compete at the level required to gather a majority of the APs available in WvW.

Ahh. So you have skipped Raids as well then?

@Daddicus.6128 said:

choose

Sorry. I'll restate.

You're still saying the exact same thing. You deciding to use 'reject' doesn't change that as that is still by your own choice.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

choose

Sorry. I'll restate.

You're still saying the exact same thing. You deciding to use 'reject' doesn't change that as that is still by your own choice.

I'm rejecting the playing mode, not the achievements.

@Daddicus.6128 said:

choose

Sorry. I'll restate.

I'm rejecting the playing mode, not the achievements.

You keep moving the goalpost around but it's still the same thing. Whether you're choosing to reject the game mode or the achievements, you're still making the choice to forego some of the available AP in the game.

No. There are not enough AP in the various parts of the game. That's completely the opposite. See it through your own eyes if you want, but if it's impossible to achieve a full radiant set playing THE dominant part of the game in 8 years, there's something wrong with the game.