What happened to 4-6 weeks?

Hadi.3167

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Check today's patch notes. Not much, but they did some stuff, mostly for PvP which should have been ported to WvW at the same time, but there is some WvW stuff in there.

It was like 5 changes dude, and none were in the top 10 most needed changes at all. You're telling me it took their entire team weeks and weeks to do that?

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Check today's patch notes. Not much, but they did some stuff, mostly for PvP which should have been ported to WvW at the same time, but there is some WvW stuff in there.

It was like 5 changes dude, and none were in the top 10 most needed changes at all. You're telling me it took their entire team weeks and weeks to do that?

Well there is a global pandemic right now, so sure.

Gw2 Gonna pop up on Nerd Slayers Channel "Death of a Game" , with continuous disapproval from the community and favoritism to PvE players. Can we at least address the imbalance with necro life force generation? just made it 3 to 4% in pvp ? It's still insanely op in WvW. Lets talk about Soft CC's from NPCs in WvW that immob , stun and blind you constantly. Lets talk about Towers and sentry's marking you from a mile away which virtually makes stealth classes unplayable. does not take 4-6 weeks to address those changes. Mean while underwater combat still hits like a truck, but the last balance patch was suppose to normalize damage. I'm still able to hit 5-6k war claw dismounts on players. That's balanced? Please do not infracture my post and read what I am actually putting for once. And lets not forget there's virtually no cleave damage for downstate players, at least reduce the number of times a player can get up or reduce the downstate health. Dont know how many times i just had to sit there and watch someone get back up from a fight i was already outnumbered in cause someone could revive someone through my damage.

@"Sazukikrah.5036" said:Gw2 Gonna pop up on Nerd Slayers Channel "Death of a Game" , with continuous disapproval from the community and favoritism to PvE players. Can we at least address the imbalance with necro life force generation? just made it 3 to 4% in pvp ? It's still insanely op in WvW. Lets talk about Soft CC's from NPCs in WvW that immob , stun and blind you constantly. Lets talk about Towers and sentry's marking you from a mile away which virtually makes stealth classes unplayable. does not take 4-6 weeks to address those changes. Mean while underwater combat still hits like a truck, but the last balance patch was suppose to normalize damage. I'm still able to hit 5-6k war claw dismounts on players. That's balanced? Please do not infracture my post and read what I am actually putting for once. And lets not forget there's virtually no cleave damage for downstate players, at least reduce the number of times a player can get up or reduce the downstate health. Dont know how many times i just had to sit there and watch someone get back up from a fight i was already outnumbered in cause someone could revive someone through my damage.

I think they forgot WvW exists agan

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:kitten changed. If it was said prior to Covid have the brain cells to understand kitten changed and noone can be held to the same timeline while we sit at home kitten at people who also have to sit a home for not giving us more updates like before kitten changed

kitten kitten kitten , i didnt understand a kitten thing you kitten said.

VdK3sTa.jpg

This right here is the balanced damage in WvW currently. 6000 warclaw dismount damage.

Mounts should not get BOONSDOWN STATE should not get BOONSDOWN STATE should have reduced health due to power creep nerf.DOWN STATE rally needs to be limited to 1 instead of 3 in PVP/WVW Areas.Literally could continue for how this is so bad. Especially with power ressing.

@"len.7809" said:I dunno mate. They need to be in the office to be able to work? A lot of people are tele-working right now, I believe they could do the same thing. But well, who knows.

If they couldn't, how did they get this patch out to us? How are they updating the gemstore? Come on lol.

All we were asking for were reasonable number tweaks. No new content, no new art or designs, just fucking number tweaks. They had two months to do it. I don't care about COVID19, two months to change decimal numbers on skill coefficients for 40 hour employees is ENOUGH TIME. This new 'patch paradigm' was supposed to sell us the idea that we should continue giving a shit about this game because it would be less broken due to timely patches; if they can't deliver on that ON THE FIRST ITERATION but can deliver on PvE and gemstore stuff, what is the point.

Seems like everyone but Anet (including my old fashioned and tiny company) can efficiently work from home what a convenient excuse

EA: https://gamerant.com/ea-expands-work-home-coronavirus/Microsoft: https://www.businessinsider.com/microsoft-work-from-home-coronavirus-crisis-2020-4?op=1Dell: https://www.kvue.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/dell-central-texas-employees-advised-to-work-from-home-if-possible/269-1763eb8f-068a-43ce-b447-b88ed54dc1a5Nintendo: https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/covid-19-outbreak-results-in-nintendo-of-america-employees-working-from-home/

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@len.7809 said:I dunno mate. They need to be in the office to be able to work? A lot of people are tele-working right now, I believe they could do the same thing. But well, who knows.

If they couldn't, how did they get this patch out to us? How are they updating the gemstore? Come on lol.

All we were asking for were reasonable number tweaks. No new content, no new art or designs, just kitten number tweaks. They had two months to do it. I don't care about COVID19, two months to change decimal numbers on skill coefficients for 40 hour employees is ENOUGH TIME. This new 'patch paradigm' was supposed to sell us the idea that we should continue giving a kitten about this game; if they can't deliver on that but can deliver on PvE and gemstore stuff, what is the point.

I was expecting condi and toughness nerf plus thief nerf aswell, but all I know is that ele got nerfed again.Wait what?Yes, you heard me right, Ele got nerfed again.

Lightning Rod: Reduced power coefficient from 1.2 to 0.95 in PvP and WvW.Was this nerf necesary?

Anyways, if they tell me that they are going to delete Elementalist from the game, I'd believe it.

@len.7809 said:I dunno mate. They need to be in the office to be able to work? A lot of people are tele-working right now, I believe they could do the same thing. But well, who knows.

No, they don't need to be in the office. If a game development company such as Anet didn't have remote work capabilities, that's pretty concerning. You do the majority of your work on a computer, and if needed, log into your internal network remotely. Will work get done as quickly? Absolutely not, but it can still get done. The problem is the complete silence by the staff.

• Confused 1

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@"len.7809" said:I dunno mate. They need to be in the office to be able to work? A lot of people are tele-working right now, I believe they could do the same thing. But well, who knows.

All we were asking for were reasonable number tweaks. No new content, no new art or designs, just kitten number tweaks. They had two months to do it. I don't care about COVID19, two months to change decimal numbers on skill coefficients for 40 hour employees is ENOUGH TIME. This new 'patch paradigm' was supposed to sell us the idea that we should continue giving a kitten about this game because it would be less broken due to timely patches; if they can't deliver on that ON THE FIRST ITERATION but can deliver on PvE and gemstore stuff, what is the point.

Seems like everyone but Anet (including my old fashioned and tiny company) can efficiently work from home what a convenient excuse

EA:
Microsoft:
Dell:
Nintendo:

And again: Just because some companies can do it without too much trouble, none of those is currently maintaining and updating an MMO, are they? Pretty sure most of the stuff that gets released was already either finished or mostly done several weeks ago, especially the gem store stuff is probably in a long pipeline of releases.

@"Sazukikrah.5036" said:Gw2 Gonna pop up on Nerd Slayers Channel "Death of a Game" , with continuous disapproval from the community and favoritism to PvE players. Can we at least address the imbalance with necro life force generation? just made it 3 to 4% in pvp ? It's still insanely op in WvW. Lets talk about Soft CC's from NPCs in WvW that immob , stun and blind you constantly. Lets talk about Towers and sentry's marking you from a mile away which virtually makes stealth classes unplayable. does not take 4-6 weeks to address those changes. Mean while underwater combat still hits like a truck, but the last balance patch was suppose to normalize damage. I'm still able to hit 5-6k war claw dismounts on players. That's balanced? Please do not infracture my post and read what I am actually putting for once. And lets not forget there's virtually no cleave damage for downstate players, at least reduce the number of times a player can get up or reduce the downstate health. Dont know how many times i just had to sit there and watch someone get back up from a fight i was already outnumbered in cause someone could revive someone through my damage.

Hadi you'll get banned again for 6 months cause hacking

@Blocki.4931 said:

All we were asking for were reasonable number tweaks. No new content, no new art or designs, just kitten number tweaks. They had two months to do it. I don't care about COVID19, two months to change decimal numbers on skill coefficients for 40 hour employees is ENOUGH TIME. This new 'patch paradigm' was supposed to sell us the idea that we should continue giving a kitten about this game because it would be less broken due to timely patches; if they can't deliver on that ON THE FIRST ITERATION but can deliver on PvE and gemstore stuff, what is the point.

EA:
Microsoft:
Dell:
Nintendo:

And again: Just because some companies can do it without too much trouble, none of those is currently maintaining and updating an MMO, are they? Pretty sure most of the stuff that gets released was already either finished or mostly done several weeks ago, especially the gem store stuff is probably in a long pipeline of releases.

These excuses don't even make sense anymore. There was a patch and it was bad. So therefore the argument has shifted from timeliness to lack of competence. Did COVID19 impair their judgement too?

Working from home as a dev can work. There are a lot of programs for that. Making a new Projekt or load existing classes/function files and sync them at home. Everyone from home can load it and do his job (codes) and it will be synced with the main file. Even when 20 ppl working simultaneously on it...

Thats how we wrote our Games/Programs when i studied it.

Still need someone in the office if the program mess things up or to upload the update on the server tho