Nerf Power Herald - Help me understand

Hi All, I know power herald has always been a meta build and people always qqing about it and wanting more and more nerfs. Rev “dodged” last patch but was part of the three that got nerfed during 2v2. ***edit - nerf was to condi which I knew but shouldn’t have generalized as Rev nerfs and should have differentiated as my title is power - apologies!

As someone who literally lost game after game on power herald but sticking to it and getting better and better, it’s rewarding to me. It would suck to put all this effort in just for it to get nerfed more and more.

Basically, I lean more towards the fact that people just like to complain about classes before even playing as them to see if it truly that easy.

Yes I know these forums are very toxic and will keep nerfing builds into the ground but for power herald to truly shine/be “broken”, i think it takes a top tier pvper which most of us aren’t. I know that can be said about most builds but just been bothering me.

I’m going to keep at it regardless because it’s fun and rewarding, which is what matters but would hate for the class to become unplayable due to ever increasing CDs and Energy costs (no other class has two resources as I know you all know). Lastly, not that it matters but I’m G3/P1 ranked although didn’t get there with power herald haha.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@Eugchriss.2046 said:Luckily enough, there is nothing specific except infuse light which carries power herald. So even if people want it to be nerfed, they don t know exactly what should be nerfed.

If infused light gets nerfed, defiant stance better as well since they are literally the same skill just about..War has 1 healing skill, revs has 2.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

@Eugchriss.2046 said:Luckily enough, there is nothing specific except infuse light which carries power herald. So even if people want it to be nerfed, they don t know exactly what should be nerfed.

If infused light gets nerfed, defiant stance better as well since they are literally the same skill just about..War has 1 healing skill, revs has 2.

Warrior has more tools, and is more reliable. It also has strong CC and can easily our pressure a rev, Defiant stance is the same skill and Infused light is rev's best heal because the others are kinda bleh most of the time. (This wouldn't be an issue if rev had more weapons they could reliably use.)

Which is why I guess they keep increasing cd or energy costs lol. Also shocked this thread isn’t getting more responses from all the people calling for rev nerfs

People seem to want Rev nerfed out of vindictiveness more than anything else. It's less about it being bad for the meta and more about "X and Y class was nerfed but Rev wasn't so we're going to complain about Rev till they get the same treatment"

Naturally, that does nothing good for the game, but we're not considering long term consequences here.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

These are facts.

Warrior has more tools, and is more reliable. It also has strong CC and can easily our pressure a revThis is an opinion.@Thornwolf.9721 said:

Infused light is rev's best heal because the others are kinda bleh most of the time. (This wouldn't be an issue if rev had more weapons they could reliably use.)Infuse light is only the best because it s broken. Infuse light on berzerker could rival with kalla heal on mender.The average healing skills on 30s cd are around 5k heal. "The others" heal for 5k-6k. They re not "meh". They re just being outshined.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

These are facts.

Warrior has more tools, and is more reliable. It also has strong CC and can easily our pressure a revThis is an opinion.@Thornwolf.9721 said:

Infused light is rev's best heal because the others are kinda bleh most of the time. (This wouldn't be an issue if rev had more weapons they could reliably use.)Infuse light is only the best because it s broken. Infuse light on berzerker could rival with kalla heal on mender.The average healing skills on 30s cd are around 5k heal. "The others" heal for 5k-6k. They re not "meh". They re just being outshined.

Lmfao alright so I swapped to warrior a while ago, and I have no issue stomping revenants. And I use defiant stance. I also use shake it off and basically just out box and overpower them. Its not opinion you're just unwilling to let your specific narrative rest, because im all for removing Infused light completely and replacing it with something more fun. As a spellbreaker/core warrior Rev's are not an issue especially when you know how they play, plus I can out burst them with duel axes any day as well use shield for reliable blocks, or warhorn for buffs.

Duel daggers shut them down with boon cleave and interrupts and paired with my CC and Condi-cleanse condi rev is a clown on legs. And power rev is a baby me with less tools, so again. They have two heals and two sets of utilities MOST of which are garbo, and most of their heals are garbo with their weapons being primarily garbo and they all run about the same thing because its all they really can run. So being pigeon-holed with no choice in your utilities and your utilities most of the time equating to joke skills that honestly don't compare to the impact of other classes half the time and there ya go.

Infused light is not the problem, the problem is people being unwilling to learn the class and its weakness's/strengths. And the propagation that they are an issue when you have other classes out there who literally do everything they can do better. I feel guardian is BY far the biggest offender of being broken with tons of Aegis and tons of other tools, they are bloated out the window and can run just about anything.

Rev needs some reworks/fixes/changes and I mean the only reason condi-mallyx is being played as much regardless of if its core or herald is because its kind of easy to understand. And its efficient at its job and can do good work, where as power right now feels horrible and lacks a lot of fun and is more of a meme of what "balanced" means to be fair. So get out of my face with your bias, I was a rev main and now that my fave class is in this state im going back to other classes who can do what they do better and honestly there are quite a few. (Its also why im not playing a lot right now, because its just not fun..)

Plus infused light only works because YOU KEEP HITTING THE DANG REV. It turns all the damage you receive into healing which is the exact same skill warrior has in defiant stance, both of which only work if you keep hitting them.. So when you see the strands of light swirl into them and notice that they are healing stop wacking them and get away. Can't heal if you're not hit.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

These are facts.

Infused light is rev's best heal because the others are kinda bleh most of the time. (This wouldn't be an issue if rev had more weapons they could reliably use.)Infuse light is only the best because it s broken. Infuse light on berzerker could rival with kalla heal on mender.The average healing skills on 30s cd are around 5k heal. "The others" heal for 5k-6k. They re not "meh". They re just being outshined.There is also one small difference the warrior has 1/4 cast time, so you can't cast it CCed , it also tends to get interrupted just from the random cc flaying and warrior doesn't really have working teamfight build.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

These are facts.

Lmfao alright so I swapped to warrior a while ago, and I have no issue stomping revenants. And I use defiant stance. I also use shake it off and basically just out box and overpower them. Its not opinion you're just unwilling to let your specific narrative rest, because im all for removing Infused light completely and replacing it with something more fun. As a spellbreaker/core warrior Rev's are not an issue especially when you know how they play, plus I can out burst them with duel axes any day as well use shield for reliable blocks, or warhorn for buffs.

Duel daggers shut them down with boon cleave and interrupts and paired with my CC and Condi-cleanse condi rev is a clown on legs. And power rev is a baby me with less tools, so again. They have two heals and two sets of utilities MOST of which are garbo, and most of their heals are garbo with their weapons being primarily garbo and they all run about the same thing because its all they really can run. So being pigeon-holed with no choice in your utilities and your utilities most of the time equating to joke skills that honestly don't compare to the impact of other classes half the time and there ya go.

Infused light is not the problem, the problem is people being unwilling to learn the class and its weakness's/strengths. And the propagation that they are an issue when you have other classes out there who literally do everything they can do better. I feel guardian is BY far the biggest offender of being broken with tons of Aegis and tons of other tools, they are bloated out the window and can run just about anything.

Rev needs some reworks/fixes/changes and I mean the only reason condi-mallyx is being played as much regardless of if its core or herald is because its kind of easy to understand. And its efficient at its job and can do good work, where as power right now feels horrible and lacks a lot of fun and is more of a meme of what "balanced" means to be fair. So get out of my face with your bias, I was a rev main and now that my fave class is in this state im going back to other classes who can do what they do better and honestly there are quite a few. (Its also why im not playing a lot right now, because its just not fun..)

Plus infused light only works because YOU KEEP HITTING THE DANG REV. It turns all the damage you receive into healing which is the exact same skill warrior has in defiant stance, both of which only work if you keep hitting them.. So when you see the strands of light swirl into them and notice that they are healing stop wacking them and get away. Can't heal if you're not hit.

war is the weakest class in the game, rev is potentially the strongest

@Quadox.7834 said:

These are facts.

Warrior is by far not as weak as ppl want to make it. Some other builds need nerfs which share same role in conquest but Warrior is far away from any need of buffs.

@bravan.3876 said:

These are facts.

Warrior is by far not as weak as ppl want to make it. Some other builds need nerfs which share same role in conquest but Warrior is far away from any need of buffs.

didn't say that it needs buffs but it is the weakest class, due to not performing to standards in any role

@Quadox.7834 said:

These are facts.

didn't say that it needs buffs but it is the weakest class, due to not performing to standards in any role

Aight, as long as you don't want to buff it.Weakest class sounds not fitting to me, sounds like needs buff. I would say it is not the strongest pick in any role in conquest due to op builds on other classes atm. In a game with devs even taking some random jokes on reddit serious and turn it into a balance change, i would be more careful with how to say things. :joy:

@ZeroSkitzo.5403 said:Hi All, I know power herald has always been a meta build and people always qqing about it and wanting more and more nerfs. Rev “dodged” last patch but was part of the three that got nerfed during 2v2.

As someone who literally lost game after game on power herald but sticking to it and getting better and better, it’s rewarding to me. It would suck to put all this effort in just for it to get nerfed more and more.

Basically, I lean more towards the fact that people just like to complain about classes before even playing as them to see if it truly that easy.

Yes I know these forums are very toxic and will keep nerfing builds into the ground but for power herald to truly shine/be “broken”, i think it takes a top tier pvper which most of us aren’t. I know that can be said about most builds but just been bothering me.

I’m going to keep at it regardless because it’s fun and rewarding, which is what matters but would hate for the class to become unplayable due to ever increasing CDs and Energy costs (no other class has two resources as I know you all know). Lastly, not that it matters but I’m G3/P1 ranked although didn’t get there with power herald haha.

Here's the problem, too many people keep quiet when these nerf threads are created when it doesn't affect their main profession(s). In order to fix this on the players part we need to speak out against ALL people's bs. Not just what affects you. The low tier PvP beginners are controlling balance by how much they can whine on the forums. Nerf all other things and eventually they will come for you too.

On Anets part they need to force postings and responses made in the PvP forum to show the badge of what rank they are - I can guarantee most of the people begging for nerfs across all classes right now are low gold at max. There is nothing currently in PvP I would describe as OP with how much they removed from the game mode already.

Rev has never been in a balanced state compared to core which doesn't help. Remember Rev was considered overpowered when it launched and that was several times stronger than now.

This means it's hard to gauge how strong rev actually is because we've never had a bar where it's been on par with core without being oppressive and we're in a state closer to core...mostly.

@bravan.3876 said:

These are facts.

Buffing wars would be so wrong on so many levels, for once I agree with you

Revenant is an incomplete design. It was a bunch of neat ideas which didn't work together well or needed considerable tuning - like most elite specs. Instead it got band-aid changes which will leave it on the razor's edge between way too strong and completely useless.

The big problem with power herald is that you have one stance which builds up to a huge damage boost (Glint) then an immediate swap to another which was designed with burst potential and less ramp-up (Shiro). You retain the buffed damage, but get free energy on the swap to burst with the buffed damage. Then you evade after the burst window until you can do it again. That huge burst has hamstrung the individual pieces, which is partly why revenant is so fragile and hard to play.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:rev can chain too much defense, its all there is to it.

Warrior can chain too much CCMesmer can still chain too much invulnNecro can chain too much fear and corruptEle can chain too much barrier and healsHolo can chain too much AoE on nodeLe-teef can chain too much mobility / stealthRanger can chain too much--

I think you see where I'm going here.

@Kuma.1503 said:

Warrior can chain too much CCMesmer can still chain too much invulnNecro can chain too much fear and corruptEle can chain too much barrier and healsHolo can chain too much AoE on nodeLe-teef can chain too much mobility / stealthRanger can chain too much--

rev has everything, mobility, CC, damage -> both sustained and burst due to low cooldowns, and ways to avoid damage for insane ammount of times, since power rev has been roaming spec for a while i bet most peeps want it to stay that way, remove bunker level of damage avoidance, and leave CC,mobility and damage as it is.otherwise rev is going to stay permanently as faster warrior with longer legs

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

rev has everything, mobility, CC, damage -> both sustained and burst due to low cooldowns, and ways to avoid damage for insane ammount of times, since power rev has been roaming spec for a while i bet most peeps want it to stay that way, remove bunker level of damage avoidance, and leave CC,mobility and damage as it is.otherwise rev is going to stay permanently as faster warrior with longer legs

Rev's cooldowns have been steadily crept up due to repeated nerfs. Weapon skill cooldowns are more or less on par with other classes with an additional resource attatched.Legend skills are able to benefit from low cooldowns, but due to repeated energy cost nerfs, the Rev must be tactical with their use. Whiffing these skills is punishing due to the large energy costs attatched.

Bunker levels of damage avoidance have been cut down after the patch. Previously they could chain dodge into Reposting shadows, reset endurance, do it again, chain into warding rift and surge of mists for long periods of invulnerability.

Anet properly nerfed this by increasing Reposting shadows energy cost to 40 (4/5 of a fresh energy pool), completely butchering Surge of Mists, increasing the cooldown of Warding Rift, increasing the cooldown of Unrelenting Assault

Additionally, anet removed stunbreak on legend swap, removed lifesteal and replaced it with battlescars (useless in PvP unless playing Renegade), while neglecting to fix the bug where Sword 3 frequently fails to latch on if casted at max range.

Rev has been toned down a lot. Its sustain depends on players misplaying against them, or players spamming AoE on node, which is a strategy that people complain about having little counterplay to begin with. Its CC is telegraphed. Chaos is the easiest skill to see coming in the game. Surge of Mists roots the player in place and does not allow you to aim it. Axe 5 has a very obvious animation for the player to dodge.

Additionally, it's still weak against condition pressure. Especially if you corrupt/remove what little resistance it gets from the rune.

In short, its sustain has counterplay. CC has very obvious tells. Cleanses are limited. Stunbreaks are limited.

It makes up for that with above average damage, (targeted) mobility, and avoidance.

Look at all of Prev's pros in a vaccuum, and yes, it looks broken... Which is why it's important to take in the full picture.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Could re-work the legends and make them unique and syngerize better too. Revenant should be like playing as a end boss, but not as power-crept so that while it has interesting mechanics and unique skills that ONLY it has access too in both form and scope but its also a balanced encounter. Like The shiro rework proposed in the rev sub forum which gives shiro his boss encounter skills and mechanics for a current guild wars 2 gamepaly loop. I think that would be fun and also make it easier to balance because it would mean each legend while able to connect better with the others is also capable of running, ironically more builds..

Also make all the weapons work like trident so the skills function based off of what legend you're running, which opens core rev to have more potential weapons to choose from and not to be pigeon holed into very specific weapon combos.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

If infused light gets nerfed, defiant stance better as well since they are literally the same skill just about..

Good point. It's rather the whole set. Does warrior have an AOE knockback every 30 seconds? Can warrior evade while attacking, like with sword 2? Do they have ~4 seconds every 15 of evade/block/knockback like with staff? On top of that, herald has a static 3-second total invuln (superior to shield stance) that regens their health too LOL

I see core reves struggle like everyone else. Same with renegades, who have my respect as they only win against me when I'm outskilled. But herald? Good grief. This afternoon I faced a guy who literally tanked the damage of 2 decent players with Ventari like it was nothing. Literally like pre-nerf water weaver but without the absurd movement speed. Half of the time he was blocking, evading, knocking back, or using infuse light, with all defensive buffs up all the time.

I honestly don't understand what's going on with herald, but it seems to be a mysterious combination of factors which renders them untouchable half of the time, and total wrecking machines the other half of the time (for certain skills like evade-while-attacking or constant CC it's both). I don't want to play OP boring crap to win against those. I'm just tired of having no agency against heralds due to excessive invulnerability and CC except when I can ... heal them with my damage. lmao.