Will there ever be new underwater legendary weapons?

I have almost everything in legendary on my main. Now i can cope with the spear and the trident, but the harpoon gun... its honestly hard to look at imo.Ill craft it nonetheless, if we never get a better skin, at least i can still transmute something better onto it. Though i feel like it would be a waste to learn that there are new underwater weps coming after i have crafted the old ones.

With the upcoming xpac i have a feeling that bubbles could be involved and therefor new underwater legs are a possibility.

Can we get a response on this maybe?

They won’t respond on the matter. We shall just wait and see. Given how no uw skins have been added for years, the chances are likely close to zero sadly.

I don’t think bubbles will be involved but if it is, they will bring it to land somehow if we are going to Cantha which will make uw weapons redundant

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:They haven't made any new underwater weapon skins in 6 years. All new weapon sets are released without underwater weapon skins. That alone should tell you what you need to know.

He has a point, tho.

Most likely we will encounter the deep sea dragon in the Canthan expansion, which means that Anet might rework underwater combat with that opportunity.Fighting the deep sea dragon without underwater combat when this is actually a thing in this game would be an absolute no go. And if they work on underwater combat, they might also release alot of new underwater weapon skins, including legendaries.

@kharmin.7683 said:Underwater combat vs. Cantha. I'm not sure that Anet would do both in a single expansion.

I used to like the idea of an underwater-focused XPac, which would force a complete revision and addition to current underwater gameplay and mechanics. Since then I feel like an entire XPac budget on that would be excessive. I think that, depending on how ArenaNet approach it, the Jade Sea may provide a discrete area of Cantha which could be used to provide some meaningful, expansive and improved underwater areas. Clearly, the story may be engineered to retain the sea as Jade and only time will tell.

I feel like if a sole underwater focused XPac was announced then it would be a turn-off to a lot of players who can't imagine how that area of the game's combat and gameplay could be improved, whereas implementing one area within an XPac to focus heavily on underwater content could be a good middle ground. Would there be enough in the XPac budget to revise UW gameplay and make it more interesting and engaging, on top of development of all the new land-based zones?... not sure on that.

More on-topic, I'd love to see the Gen2 set truly completed and really hope that this will be done sometime during Icebrood Saga or the next Expansion...

There's no guarantee there will be any new legendary weapons at all.. so new underwater ones are at best a long shot.

Frenzy is one of the few i've made just because it works well with my mains armour and colour theme.Same with the spear and eventually the trident when I finally get around to finishing that one.

The only land legends i've made Kudzu and Quip I sold because I really don't like the designs.That applies to a great deal of the land based legends too, there's only a handful of them I do like and most of them are gen 2Bolt is probably the only gen 1 land legend that looks good.. the rest are really ugly, specially the greatswords which are far too common and painful to look at.

Underwater combat needs to be much more dynamic to be fun. The devs have made changes to make that so, but it is still lacking imho. I also think the devs are aware of the gameplay issues for underwater combat (underwater combat has always been an issue in a lot of games). Until they solve that conundrum, I do not think we will get much underwater content, and thus also no underwater Legendaries.I do hope there will be an underwater mount at one point (like a dolphin mount, with almost Ecco the Dolphin mobility).

@DoggySpew.4529 said:Underwater combat needs to be much more dynamic to be fun. The devs have made changes to make that so, but it is still lacking imho. I also think the devs are aware of the gameplay issues for underwater combat (underwater combat has always been an issue in a lot of games). Until they solve that conundrum, I do not think we will get much underwater content, and thus also no underwater Legendaries.I do hope there will be an underwater mount at one point (like a dolphin mount, with almost Ecco the Dolphin mobility).

itll be lacking always until i can use all my skills underwater. being forced to change your entire build when going underwater is the biggest issue with it, add to that not every class has underwater weapons that sync with the armor types used on land :/