Please change noglide and nomount zones for JPs

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@WorldofBay.8160 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Again, why? Players can complete jumping puzzles without mount/glider today. Right now. It is a choice and that choice in no way impacts how others choose to complete JPs just as choosing to use mount/glider in no way affects players' abilities to complete JPs without them.

first of all not everybody has this choice, only PoF players have the ability to do so, so why should non-PoF players have a harder time for the same achievement?Players can choose to purchase PoF or not, so yes every player has this choice. Non-PoF players don't have it harder; rather those with PoF have it easier. Or did until no fly zones.

and for what reason should people that bought a specific expansion have it easier to complete achievements that are in no way related to this expansion? why do you feel entitled to get a 10 AP achievement for free because you bought something totally unrelated?

I don't give a whit about AP. This is not about AP or entitlement. That's not what I have been arguing.

Anet decided to allow mounts and gliders into core Tyria. Players should be allowed to use any and all in-game tools to complete any content. Every player has the choice to use those tools or not to use them.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Again, why? Players can complete jumping puzzles without mount/glider today. Right now. It is a choice and that choice in no way impacts how others choose to complete JPs just as choosing to use mount/glider in no way affects players' abilities to complete JPs without them.

first of all not everybody has this choice, only PoF players have the ability to do so, so why should non-PoF players have a harder time for the same achievement?Players can choose to purchase PoF or not, so yes every player has this choice. Non-PoF players don't have it harder; rather those with PoF have it easier. Or did until no fly zones.

and for what reason should people that bought a specific expansion have it easier to complete achievements that are in no way related to this expansion? why do you feel entitled to get a 10 AP achievement for free because you bought something totally unrelated?

I don't give a whit about AP. This is not about AP or entitlement. That's not what I have been arguing.

Anet decided to allow mounts and gliders into core Tyria. Players should be allowed to use any and all in-game tools to complete any content. Every player has the choice to use those tools or not to use them.

ANet did not allow them in all of core tyria. they're not in fractals, not in dungeons, not in the story, not in the home instance and not in JPs. yet while the other exclusions work, the JP one is bugged. that is the point.

@WorldofBay.8160 said:

ANet did not allow them in all of core tyria. they're not in fractals, not in dungeons, not in the story, not in the home instance
and
not in JPs. yet while the other exclusions work, the JP one is bugged. that is the point.

Ok not all of core... just the open world maps. An error on my statement, but a minor point if you want to nitpick. Fractals, dungeons and story are instanced content whereas JPs are part of open world maps. That is the distinction and why gliders/mounts are available in open world and not instanced content in core maps.

Rather then more no fly zones, I would see the end cheats drop a no fly/no mount potion. Drinking it in a designated area, would disable mounting and flying (until you leave the puzzle-area). When having the effect on you at certain checkpoints you get a buff like in Retrospective Runaround in silverwastes. When you have the effect and the checkpoint buffs at the chest you'll get an additional reward.

This way you get a reward for doing it with mounts and flying, and be challenged to do it more difficult.

Boo. I intentionally cheesed an outdoor JP to help people as a mesmer. I literally had to start from a long way off in the map with skyscale. I think it's fine. You have to be somewhat clever and understand the zone to pull it off. You can definitely fail trying to cheese it, as I have.

@Firebeard.1746 said:Boo. I intentionally cheesed an outdoor JP to help people as a mesmer. I literally had to start from a long way off in the map with skyscale. I think it's fine. You have to be somewhat clever and understand the zone to pull it off. You can definitely fail trying to cheese it, as I have.

Problem with this thread is nobody really cares about people obtaining the rewards through a mesmer portal, but a mount and glider is to far for some reason.

@Dante.1763 said:

@Firebeard.1746 said:Boo. I intentionally cheesed an outdoor JP to help people as a mesmer. I literally had to start from a long way off in the map with skyscale. I think it's fine. You have to be somewhat clever and understand the zone to pull it off. You can definitely fail trying to cheese it, as I have.

Problem with this thread is nobody really cares about people obtaining the rewards through a mesmer portal, but a mount and glider is to far for some reason.

i mean you can ban helping, sure. will it be a good sign? doubtful.the thing is that you can get other achievements by their equivalent of a mesmer portal. if somebody gifts you 2 legendaries to bind them, who would deny you the twice told legend achievement and title? who would deny it if you bought 2 legendaries? that is a lot of gold to farm. but can you just click a button and have the achievement unlocked without ever having had a legendary? no.

if a mesmer ports you, then the mesmer had to do the JP at least. someone has to do it. if they consider the time worth to help you, why not? if you pay them, well why not? ban it from JP achievements but not from other achievements? inconsistent.

@Josiah.2967 said:1.) No mention of Mesmer2.) If you like jumping puzzles, do them because you like them.3.) Let other people have fun finding ways to avoid jumping puzzles they do not enjoy.

WIN/WIN

JPs are fully optional, the chest contains stuff worth 10s if you're lucky. the reward is 10 AP and nothing more. if you don't like to do a JP the normal way, then don't do it at all or find people that do it for you, because, you know, this is a mmo, a game where community interactions are key.

why do so many people feel entitled to get that achievement for free?

i have nothing against looting the chest via mount or doing the daily via mount (mainly because i don't see any reason for JPs to be part of the dailies, that just makes them annoying). if you feeel good by standing at the end of the JP, cool, do it with your mount, no prob. if you want the achievement however, do the JP ...

allowing mounts in JPs makes it necessary to block portals though. as well as any backport skill. so there has to be some better way.

@coso.9173 said:JPs can reward mastery points. no? I feel like that isn't a completely useless reward. maybe even more useful than some rewards that are just cosmetic, and yet we're not allowed to chees the content to get it.

you get a total of 2 central tyrian mastery points from JPs and currently you're allowed to cheese both of them as both have no zone at all.

they are even without mounts already two of the easy points. they don't offer a challenge in jumping, only in patience as both are rather long. however they are a breeze compared to the mastery point earned by completing the ambrite weapon collection.

@WorldofBay.8160 said:

@"Firebeard.1746" said:Boo. I intentionally cheesed an outdoor JP to help people as a mesmer. I literally had to start from a long way off in the map with skyscale. I think it's fine. You have to be somewhat clever and understand the zone to pull it off. You can definitely fail trying to cheese it, as I have.

i mean you can ban helping, sure. will it be a good sign? doubtful.the thing is that you can get other achievements by their equivalent of a mesmer portal. if somebody gifts you 2 legendaries to bind them, who would deny you the twice told legend achievement and title? who would deny it if you bought 2 legendaries? that is a lot of gold to farm. but can you just click a button and have the achievement unlocked
without ever having had a legendary
? no.

if a mesmer ports you, then the mesmer had to do the JP at least. someone has to do it. if they consider the time worth to help you, why not? if you pay them, well why not? ban it from JP achievements but not from other achievements? inconsistent.

Ban mounts from jumping achievements but not other achievements? Inconsistent.

Removing a players ability to do content on their own and requiring another player is never a good thing to me. and thats all your idea is. The amount of times ive been requested to help others while playing on my mesmer because they couldnt make -one- jump in numerous puzzles is pretty high. If a mesmer wouldnt have helped them those players wouldnt have gotten through that jump, ive seen that multiple times too.

Jumping puzzles give the same AP as a daily does, that same amount of AP can be obtained with minimal effort such as harvesting logs, or viewing a vista. do you have to do 3 "tasks"?" yes. You do. But they are obnoxiously easy and take little to no time to obtain, and thats fine.

what do you, or anyone else who already has the AP gain by blocking off -new players- from gaining these achievements that players who have been playing since POF went live already dont have? You gain nothing. All you do is take away those new players ability to do those puzzles the same way that everyone had when POF went live, and all because you feel entitled to not letting them have that opportunity, and that imo is an awful suggestion.

@coso.9173 said:JPs can reward mastery points. no? I feel like that isn't a completely useless reward. maybe even more useful than some rewards that are just cosmetic, and yet we're not allowed to chees the content to get it.

I have 27 Central tyrian mastery points to spare. Those 2 are pretty meaningless, and the two that give it if i recall -can- be cheesed.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Thankfully, the Devs already made 2 passes at Jumping Puzzles for Mounts/Gliders, and said they wouldn't be making any more.Too much time for too little ROI.

I'm not sure why anyone cares how other players play when it doesn't affect anyone else's ability to play.

by that logic let's give everyone legendaries but you. since it doesn't affect you, you can always get your own the usual way.obviously the rewards are diferent, but that logic is flawed.I don't think it's worth it by now, on that we can agree. those JPs already had their time, and new ones have mounts and gliders since their launch now.

@WorldofBay.8160 said:

@Westenev.5289 said:Personally, I think it'd be cool if Anet added motes or adventures to checkpints of JP's. These motes would prevent riding a mount, but would allow a person to complete the jumping puzzle (or achieve the daily).

JPs as adventure may sound good in the first moment but then the daily JP becomes really annoying for lots of players. i would prefer a solution that doesn't make dailies worse. i care more about the achievements and the challenge because the achievements say something and the challenge is fun. there is more than enough content that is no challenge. it is sad to see that so many people disagree to keep one of the very optional challenges an actual challenge. one of the things that don't need you to grind or spend a lot of money (cultural armor!) or have a good build/equip and still challenge.

Your problem isn't Mesmer that portals people through JP, It is people who place their player character at end of JP to farm it.

@ShadowCatz.8437 said:

@Westenev.5289 said:Personally, I think it'd be cool if Anet added motes or adventures to checkpints of JP's. These motes would prevent riding a mount, but would allow a person to complete the jumping puzzle (or achieve the daily).

JPs as adventure may sound good in the first moment but then the daily JP becomes really annoying for lots of players. i would prefer a solution that doesn't make dailies worse. i care more about the achievements and the challenge because the achievements say something and the challenge is fun. there is more than enough content that is no challenge. it is sad to see that so many people disagree to keep one of the very optional challenges an actual challenge. one of the things that don't need you to grind or spend a lot of money (cultural armor!) or have a good build/equip and still challenge.

Your problem isn't Mesmer that portals people through JP, It is people who place their player character at end of JP to farm it.

in what way is that a problem for me?

@coso.9173 said:Well then, I don't like pvp, but I want the rewards. So I'm asking anet to give them all for free.At least newer JPs have mounts considered in them so it's not going to be a problem from now on.

Just do unranked and do not do ranked/tournaments to avoid toxic players, in many contents you have the chance to learn and to enjoy things, doing things not avoiding them, at different levels, using mounts it doesn't mean avoid the JP, and at the end if You avoid them, well You will do one time and stop, where it's the problem? what's different from taking a port and stop? btw this example it's not even near the argument of this post

@NaramSin.2693 said:

@coso.9173 said:Well then, I don't like pvp, but I want the rewards. So I'm asking anet to give them all for free.At least newer JPs have mounts considered in them so it's not going to be a problem from now on.

Just do unranked and do not do ranked/tournaments to avoid toxic players, in many contents you have the chance to learn and to enjoy things, doing things not avoiding them, at different levels, using mounts it doesn't mean avoid the JP, and at the end if You avoid them, well You will do one time and stop, where it's the problem? what's different from taking a port and stop? btw this example it's not even near the argument of this post

Doing unranked PVP is the only way i play PVP Anymore, better yet i only do rooms with progression. Daily rooms are wonderful things. I get to get the rewards of PVP while doing minimal PVP.

In wvw i can run around and capture camps, kill sentrys, yaks, and vet creatures, avoiding all players and still get WVW levels and the rewards too. The argument falls flat taking those into account.