Please change noglide and nomount zones for JPs

I hate these no glide/no mounts zones, not because I want to cheese JP's, but because several JP's are in the middle of maps and pathes.

So I've a different proposal:JP Achhievements and JP chests are only achievable/openable, if you not used mounts (or gliding, but this would require a turn gliding off option, currently you glide to often by accident or to make it realistic not used a mesmer/thief portals (not even your own :) ) ) since you entered the map or last used an WP.

Then all no-glide/no-mount zones can be removed and you cannot cheese JP's.

Edit: Yes, thanks Dante.1763, no JP Achhievements and JP chests if you haven't used a WP on map (turns these "login-rewards" off as well)

Or even better similar to races: an JP-Start NPC/checkpoint, that also tells you what is allowed and what is not (or disables everything forbidden).

Achievements and rewards only if you actually earn it.

And it even allows you to train hard parts: Fly to the place you want to train and train it. When you think you mastered it, activate the JP.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Dayra.7405" said:I hate these no glide/no mounts zones, not because I want to cheese JP's, but because several JP's are in the middle of maps and pathes.

So I've a different proposal:JP Achhievements and JP chests are only achievable/openable, if you not used mounts (or gliding, but this would require a turn gliding off option, currently you glide to often by accident or to make it realistic not used a mesmer/thief portals (not even your own :) ) ) since you entered the map or last used an WP.

use mounts to get to the chest, log out, log back in. Boom you havent used mounts since you entered the map. Your proposal is also IMO bad, What harm is there in allowing players to get the achievements if they used mounts or gliders? And in your case, portals should also be disabled or theres no point to your suggestion as it still "Invalidates" the achievement.

@Dante.1763 said:

@"Dayra.7405" said:I hate these no glide/no mounts zones, not because I want to cheese JP's, but because several JP's are in the middle of maps and pathes.

use mounts to get to the chest, log out, log back in. Boom you havent used mounts since you entered the map. Your proposal is also IMO bad, What harm is there in allowing players to get the achievements if they used mounts or gliders? And in your case, portals should also be disabled or theres no point to your suggestion as it still "Invalidates" the achievement.

Also, why would you care whether or not someone obtained a reward for a JP achievement with a mount/glider? It in no way affects your reward.

@kharmin.7683 said:Why does this matter? The way in which players do JPs in no way affects other players' ability to do them or the achievement when they complete them. I think the no-zones are terrible and should be removed. If I want to reach a point using a mount or glider, I should be allowed to do so. My accomplishment does not affect any other player or their reward.

Allowing to skip the jumping part of the puzzle straight to the chest is as stupid as allowing people to skip all the fights and get the reward of the dungeon/raid/fractals.

I just wish ANet keeps the ground clear so you can still use raptor/jackal/beetle

@Kulvar.1239 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Why does this matter? The way in which players do JPs in no way affects other players' ability to do them or the achievement when they complete them. I think the no-zones are terrible and should be removed. If I want to reach a point using a mount or glider, I should be allowed to do so. My accomplishment does not affect any other player or their reward.

Allowing to skip the jumping part of the puzzle straight to the chest is as stupid as allowing people to skip all the fights and get the reward of the dungeon/raid/fractals.

I just wish ANet keeps the ground clear so you can still use raptor/jackal/beetle

Portals should also not be allowed then.

@Dante.1763 said:

And daily rewards for login at chest. But as said, I don't care, I just don't see sense putting a lot effort into removing one form and cheesing that disturbs others just passing by, but not touching the other forms of cheesing.

well i find that both portals or gliding/mounts is at the end of the day, cheating the system. I guess since the rewards are kind of unimportant, they let it pass. but the idea of a jp is to do it, not skip it, even more if it's optional content, only those who want to do it, have to.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:The OP wants the ability to use mounts to bypass JPs removed because it takes players away from their portal services. They made it fairly evident in one of their posts.Anet will remove LFG listings asking for gold for portal services - and eventually give bans. This has been stated before.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:I don't think that no-mount-zones and no-gliding-zones are the way to go. Even now they often stretch out into the non-jp world and being thrown off your mount for no good reason is obnoxious.

A better solution would be to add a jp-starter at the beginning of every jp.
  • As long as you have the buff, you can't use mounts or the glider
  • You need the buff in order to open the chest
  • The buff gets automatically removed if you leave the jp area

This completely removes the need for no-mount-zones and no-glider-zones.If ANet wants people to complete the jp for the daily chest, the daily achievement can be tied to looting the jp chest.

Again, why? Players can complete jumping puzzles without mount/glider today. Right now. It is a choice and that choice in no way impacts how others choose to complete JPs just as choosing to use mount/glider in no way affects players' abilities to complete JPs without them.

For the same reason you don't just walk to the final chest in a dungeon with the boss being optional. It would in no way impact how others choose to complete the dungeon. It would just allow players who don't feel like actually doing the dungeon skip right to the rewards. Just like how players who don't feel like doing the jp can skip right to the rewards now.

@TPMN.1483 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:The OP wants the ability to use mounts to bypass JPs removed because it takes players away from their portal services. They made it fairly evident in one of their posts.Anet will remove LFG listings asking for gold for portal services - and eventually give bans. This has been stated before.

Did I even mention the LFG? No.

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:I don't think that no-mount-zones and no-gliding-zones are the way to go. Even now they often stretch out into the non-jp world and being thrown off your mount for no good reason is obnoxious.

This completely removes the need for no-mount-zones and no-glider-zones.If ANet wants people to complete the jp for the daily chest, the daily achievement can be tied to looting the jp chest.

Again, why? Players can complete jumping puzzles without mount/glider today. Right now. It is a choice and that choice in no way impacts how others choose to complete JPs just as choosing to use mount/glider in no way affects players' abilities to complete JPs without them.

For the same reason you don't just walk to the final chest in a dungeon with the boss being optional. It would in no way impact how others choose to complete the dungeon. It would just allow players who don't feel like actually doing the dungeon skip right to the rewards. Just like how players who don't feel like doing the jp can skip right to the rewards now.

So, what's the problem? No one has answered how this affects anyone else. So what if someone skips to the end? You will be rewarded for arriving at the end of the dungeon or JP or whatever regardless of what other players do and you will get your reward.

How does this affect anyone else's ability to play the game or obtain the reward?

It doesn't.

@kharmin.7683 said:

So, what's the problem? No one has answered how this affects anyone else. So what if someone skips to the end? You will be rewarded for arriving at the end of the dungeon or JP or whatever regardless of what other players do and you will get your reward.

How does this affect anyone else's ability to play the game or obtain the reward?

It doesn't.

It does affect others of course. Because then most people wouldn't do that dungeon or jp. And that is not the intention of the devs.Rewards are usually given for something, not for free. It's the basis of MMOs.

@coso.9173 said:

It doesn't.

It does affect others of course. Because then most people wouldn't do that dungeon or jp. And that is not the intention of the devs.Rewards are usually given for something, not for free. It's the basis of MMOs.

Obtaining the rewards via a poartal counts though?

Anet allowing players to finish jumping puzzles and obtain the achievements and rewards with little to no effort has been something they have allowed since launch. If they cared about players finishing the puzzles with no effort on their end they wouldnt have allowed portals to be used in puzzles, nor would they have made an item that allows players to reset themselves if they fail a jump. They did though.

Perhaps they should rename achievements to something else. You get achievements for literally talking to NPCs, and its worth the same AP as completing a daily.

@Dante.1763 said:

@"kharmin.7683" said:Why does this matter? The way in which players do JPs in no way affects other players' ability to do them or the achievement when they complete them. I think the no-zones are terrible and should be removed. If I want to reach a point using a mount or glider, I should be allowed to do so. My accomplishment does not affect any other player or their reward.

I'm all for making Mesmer portals "party use only" if the entrance or the exit is used in a "protected area".And I'm all for making it so logging in a "protected area" teleports you at the entrance of it. So no parking characters at the chest

@Dante.1763 said:

It doesn't.

Anet allowing players to finish jumping puzzles and obtain the achievements and rewards with little to no effort has been something they have allowed since launch. If they cared about players finishing the puzzles with no effort on their end they wouldnt have allowed portals to be used in puzzles, nor would they have made an item that allows players to reset themselves if they fail a jump. They did though.

Perhaps they should rename achievements to something else. You get achievements for literally talking to NPCs, and its worth the same AP as completing a daily.

IMO, using a portal to get to the ending of a jp isn't right either. Portals should only be for the caster in that situation.

@coso.9173 said:

It doesn't.

It does affect others of course. Because then most people wouldn't do that dungeon or jp. And that is not the intention of the devs.You can't say this definitively. There is no evidence that this would or would not happen. Besides, we're talking about JPs here, not dungeons. AFAIK, mounts and gliders aren't available in dungeons.Rewards are usually given for something, not for free. It's the basis of MMOs.But the reward granted to someone who uses a mount does not prevent you from getting the same reward. Neither does it prevent you from completing the JP how you want to complete it.

@coso.9173 said:

It doesn't.

IMO, using a portal to get to the ending of a jp isn't right either. Portals should only be for the caster in that situation.

I get it, I think? You enjoy doing jumping puzzles and are ... dissatisfied when other players do them with a mount/glider/portal. Is that correct?

@kharmin.7683 said:

It doesn't.

I get it, I think? You enjoy doing jumping puzzles and are ... dissatisfied when other players do them with a mount/glider/portal. Is that correct?

I enjoy doing them of course, and i thnk it's cheap to get there without the effort. I don't really care if others use mounts or portals, and i don't plan on stopping them, but i do feel it's cheating. that's all. and the dungeon example was given by someone else, just to follow the same logic. imagine ig the devs just gave all available rewards in game to everone for no reason. what do you think would happen?

@kharmin.7683 said:

It doesn't.

If you want the rewards without the challenge, buy gems, convert them into gold, and buy things on the TP.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Thanks for all the tips on how to cheese these JPs. :mrgreen:

There are a bunch of others OP is missing. :PAt least 18 of the JPs in the JP achievements category can be completed with a mount and/or gliding.For the remainder there are ones that can be skipped with things like the experimental portal gun.Then there are ones with partial skip ...

but even with knowing all that it's still not worth the effort to do those except for the dailies since JP rewards are sufficiently crappy not to careIf anyone was actually doing it for the rewards they would be much better off parking characters at Tomb of Primeval Kings and open all the chests. There is usually a node to mine and a trade cache too. There are also various other open world chests. The waterfall in Bjora near the Ox shrine is nice. 1 norn chest(per character), 2 essence chests(per account). Easy way to accumulate Eitrite Ingots and Eternal Ice Shards which is a lot more useful than most other JPs.

@coso.9173 said:

It doesn't.

Yet, Official Policy is that the buying and selling of runs (in Dungeons, for example) is acceptable.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/65566/policy-buying-and-selling-runs

@TPMN.1483 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:The OP wants the ability to use mounts to bypass JPs removed because it takes players away from their portal services. They made it fairly evident in one of their posts.Anet will remove LFG listings asking for gold for portal services - and eventually give bans. This has been stated before.I would like you to post a link to this quote.To me, selling JP carries is no functionally different than selling raid carries and that is allowed.Link please.