Do You Find The Game More Fun To Play Now Or Before Revamp

Lighter.5631

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Arheundel.6451 man, you may be low gold in game, but you sure is legendary rating in the forum, what's your main? forum warrior? where you find the confidence to call other bias, when you are most bias person in this forum, you can't read irony or something?

also look at your posts post feb 25th, why don't you start arguing with yourself in your own thread

@Lighter.5631 said:@Arheundel.6451 man, you may be low gold in game, but you sure is legendary rating in the forum, what's your main? forum warrior? where you find the confidence to call other bias, when you are most bias person in this forum, you can't read irony or something?

also look at your posts post feb 25th, why don't you start arguing with yourself in your own thread

Honestly speaking....you complained about damage and sustain on other professions even before Feb25th....yet you call other biased...maybe it's time for you to learn something more than bull's rush/Rampage spellbreaker

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:@Arheundel.6451 man, you may be low gold in game, but you sure is legendary rating in the forum, what's your main? forum warrior? where you find the confidence to call other bias, when you are most bias person in this forum, you can't read irony or something?

Honestly speaking....you complained about damage and sustain on other professions even before Feb25th....yet you call other biased...maybe it's time for you to learn something more than bull's rush/Rampage spellbreaker

you still havent explain why you prefer a less skilled meta,

@Lighter.5631 said:

you still havent explain why you prefer a less skilled meta

So huge damage is skilled meta...the lockdown builds were skilled...cool then I see no reason why people were crying blood tears about Plasma burst or Fresh Air or arcane skills or rapid fire or Winter's bite or...any other thing you cried about in the past.

I should have all that dmg back too don't you agree?

@Arheundel.6451 said:

So huge damage is skilled meta...the lockdown builds were skilled...

wait so landing huge damage is less skilled then no damage passive faceroll tanks? isnt there more lockdown builds now then before feb 25thyou are not making sense and contradict yourself so much

@Lighter.5631 said:

wait so landing huge damage is less skilled then no damage passive faceroll tanks? isnt there more lockdown builds now then before feb 25thyou are not making sense and contradict yourself so much

If landing huge damage is always skilled...I don't know why people were complaining about specs like Fresh air and Lightning rod, the same people who claim there is not enough dmg...are the same who asked for LR nerfs not long ago....that is a contradiction but it's easy to see the reason : it wasn't their class doing the dmg.

In the end landing huge dmg is skilled...as long as it's your class doing it..otherwise nerf it . Now stop going in circles with your charade, unless you can explain why you were asking for nerfs on LR while here you ask for dmg to be reverted

PvP in the game just before the patch was completely unplayable mess imho.I was literally considering to leave the game permanently and right now I am coming back to play it more.There are still smaller and bigger things to improve but before it was a mindless one hit fiesta, with no skill involvement at all.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

I mean its easy to call you biased. You wear your bias on your sleeve. The fact that you seriously advocate for warrior not being buffed despite being unplayable says it all. So yeah, he is right. You are the most baised person here. You might be the most biased person playing the game.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

If landing huge damage is always skilled...I don't know why people were complaining about specs like Fresh air and Lightning rod, the same people who claim there is not enough dmg...are the same who asked for LR nerfs not long ago....that is a contradiction but it's easy to see the reason : it wasn't their class doing the dmg.

In the end landing huge dmg is skilled...as long as it's your class doing it..otherwise nerf it . Now stop going in circles with your charade, unless you can explain why you were asking for nerfs on LR while here you ask for dmg to be reverted

Turns out there is a difference between high damage off of telegraphed and avoidable attacks that need setup, and high damage off of instant or near-instant cast skills. Its the same thing as condi vs power.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

I don't think many people complained about fresh air ele/weaver at all. I recall myself and most other people thinking the Plasma Beam nerf came out of left field when it happened and felt unnecessary because while the build could take you to top 25 it was still pretty rare and wasn't running over the meta at large.

@ZeteCommander.4937 said:I can't stand this kind of balance strategy that reduces the skill floor to flatters bad players. This kind of bad design has been used in wow. Now they admit that this kind of idea fails and makes improvement. The game is still making the same mistake

But that isn't the design philosophy at all. You're supposed to have to work for damage now, instead of mash any button and it does 1/3 of someones HP.

The issue is the blatantly easy classes(hi every bunker/necro) that require absolutely no thought and just pianoing your keyboard outlasting your opponent.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@"ZeteCommander.4937" said:I can't stand this kind of balance strategy that reduces the skill floor to flatters bad players. This kind of bad design has been used in wow. Now they admit that this kind of idea fails and makes improvement. The game is still making the same mistake

But that isn't the design philosophy at all. You're supposed to have to work for damage now, instead of mash any button and it does 1/3 of someones HP.

The issue is the blatantly easy classes(hi every bunker/necro) that require absolutely no thought and just pianoing your keyboard outlasting your opponent.

"Work for damage" is code for "no one ever dies."

This philosophy is nonsense, and terrible design. In better designed games and better metas in this game's history there's no such thing as "work for damage". Damage happens. Regardless of the skill of the players the fight always progresses towards a victor and the better player wins. Two skillless noobs who have never played before pitted against each other, one of them will win. Two absolute masters of the craft pitted against each other, one of them will win.

This idea that "Oh you haven't met the 34.67185% outskill requirement and therefore the fight must never end." is a fucking stupid design philosophy and I resent people pushing this idea as "the way GW2 was always meant to be played" when in actuality the flaws of the game's design especially with giving every profession healing allowing for fights to stall out is in many ways Guild Wars 2 Original Sin.

Warrior has to work for it's damage and is incredibly satisfying to combo and kill people with.

Warhorn tempest has to work for it's damage and is fun to get kills on.

Meditrapper guardian has to work for it's damage and is fun to get kills on.

The issue is they forgot that ranger and holosmith have 40604707004047047074070470470 free HPS and ranger/thief/holo have 460470 blocks/evades/invuls/dodges that have no limit.

They need to put a limit on the amount of attacks a dodge/block/invul can negate.

@"Shiyo.3578" said:Warrior has to work for it's damage and is incredibly satisfying to combo and kill people with.

The issue is they forgot that ranger and holosmith have 40604707004047047074070470470 free HPS and ranger/thief/holo have 460470 blocks/evades/invuls/dodges that have no limit.

They need to put a limit on the amount of attacks a dodge/block/invul can negate.

Your desire to have GW2 be a game of "If you chain attacks 1a, 2a, 7h, 12c, 92q, 5u in this exact order in under 3.5 seconds you might get a lucky crit and do 15% of your opponent's health and if any part of that hoes wrong they'll remain at 100% health for 20 seconds until your cooldowns are up and you can try again" the way you want it is terrible design. This is not what a good competitive game looks like.

ANet: We nerf all power coefficients so that there wont be any oneshot builds anymore. Game should be more fun, skill based and entertaining.

-

-

Condi tank builds and builds with high stealth/evade uptime that cant be spiked because there are hardly any spikes left: hello there

@mortrialus.3062 said:

I don't think many people complained about fresh air ele/weaver at all. I recall myself and most other people thinking the Plasma Beam nerf came out of left field when it happened and felt unnecessary because while the build could take you to top 25 it was still pretty rare and wasn't running over the meta at large.

People did complain...hence it was nerfed to the ground, you must have read the comments of some low denominator players......the damage coming from a fresh air has always been considered "unfair"...heck you can watch some of the old videos of @"Vallun.2071" where he profess of being happy for the unplayable status of FA ele, that's an ideology that will always irritate me .

For me elementalist remains the true beacon of balance in this game simply because when you want to do dmg...you forfait all kind of sustain, most of it at least, likewise when you want sustain..you need to invest in healing power and the cost of damage.

"High damage-lowest sustain and High sustain=lowest damage" a principle that got applied to elementalist since launch and never to other professions...see ranger and engineer for a typical example of damage and sustain packed together nicely in the same build with everything included even good amount of condi clear.

FA ele was doing insta/untelegraphated dmg yes...but it was also super glass and only few could play it perfectly in PvP to get just a little above average results ; LR weaver was almost the same yes..but at the cost of great sustain and any condi clear and not be that easy to play being forced at melee range for most of the fights.

"You die as fast as you kill"...this was the mantra of REAL Top players back in the days....not this clown fiesta version in this super casual MMO.

Let me tell you what I remember from the meta back before Feb25th:

• a 25 perma might spellbreaker with demolisher amulet = the issue is not the 25 might itself but the immense passive sustain it could generate thx to "might makes me right" sitting at 133 healing point for each stack of might not capped after reaching the limit ; between swap sigil-shield blocks-rune-shout-magebane and a warrior was generating around 15 might for action during a fight and that equals to 133x15= 1995+ . The warrior was healing as much as a full mender ele invested in survival..while having 3x more base HP and 5x more dmg. These are numbers anybody can see...I am not making them up.
  • What about rangers, engineers and revs?......sustain and damage married together nicely and comfy ...
  • Thieves and mesmers? Get to do dmg while sitting atop unpunishable defensive mechanics

I love the Feb25th patch because it gave a wake up call to many :" you are not half as good as you think to be.....simply you were getting carried by spec", cut the passive sustain....the free damage.....the CC/dmg cheese fiesta...and most people find themselves unable to accomplish anything as it should be

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"Shiyo.3578" said:Warrior has to work for it's damage and is incredibly satisfying to combo and kill people with.

Your desire to have GW2 be a game of "If you chain attacks 1a, 2a, 7h, 12c, 92q, 5u in this exact order in under 3.5 seconds you might get a lucky crit and do 15% of your opponent's health and if any part of that hoes wrong they'll remain at 100% health for 20 seconds until your cooldowns are up and you can try again" the way you want it is terrible design. This is not what a good competitive game looks like.

And what is good design?

1) "I have failed my burst..let me sit in stealth and let me try again and again"2) "I can keep attacking while the game sustain itself for me, I don't even need to dodge"3) "My l33t burst failed...it's ok I have infinite evade/block or can use my 2nd health bar and tank everything"

I tell you what is good design : Huge burst on others= easy death for you and none of the builds seen before the patch were indication of it, that's what upset me there shouldn't be any High reward= low risk crap in this game! But there is still and it was getting abused to no end before the huge patch , we had specs doing way too much dmg for the sustain they had.

If Anet would stop with their mantra : "instant gratification builds"

Maybe we would get somewhere.......

@Arheundel.6451 said:

People did complain...hence it was nerfed to the ground, you must have read the comments of some low denominator players......the damage coming from a fresh air has always been considered "unfair"...heck you can watch some of the old videos of @"Vallun.2071" where he profess of being happy for the unplayable status of FA ele, that's an ideology that will always irritate me .

For me
elementalist remains the true beacon of balance
in this game simply because when you want to do dmg...you forfait all kind of sustain, most of it at least, likewise when you want sustain..you need to invest in healing power and the cost of damage.

"High damage-lowest sustain and High sustain=lowest damage" a principle that got applied to elementalist since launch and
never
to other professions...see ranger and engineer for a typical example of damage and sustain packed together nicely in the same build with everything included even good amount of condi clear.

FA ele was doing insta/untelegraphated dmg yes...but it was also super glass and only few could play it perfectly in PvP to get just a little above average results ; LR weaver was almost the same yes..but at the cost of great sustain and any condi clear and not be that easy to play being forced at melee range for most of the fights.

"You die as fast as you kill"...this was the mantra of REAL Top players back in the days....not this clown fiesta version in this super casual MMO.

Let me tell you what I remember from the meta back before Feb25th:
  • a 25 perma might spellbreaker with demolisher amulet = the issue is not the 25 might itself but the immense passive sustain it could generate thx to "might makes me right" sitting at 133 healing point for each stack of might not capped after reaching the limit ; between swap sigil-shield blocks-rune-shout-magebane and a warrior was generating around 15 might for action during a fight and that equals to 133x15= 1995+ . The warrior was healing as much as a full mender ele invested in survival..while having 3x more base HP and 5x more dmg. These are numbers anybody can see...I am not making them up.
  • What about rangers, engineers and revs?......sustain and damage married together nicely and comfy ...
  • Thieves and mesmers? Get to do dmg while sitting atop unpunishable defensive mechanics

I love the Feb25th patch because it gave a wake up call to many :" you are not half as good as you think to be.....simply you were getting carried by spec", cut the passive sustain....the free damage.....the CC/dmg cheese fiesta...and most people find themselves unable to accomplish anything as it should be

people were fine with LR before big patch, nobody complained. why? since everyone could do it, so it wasnt an issue.but AFTER the patch, where every single CC deals 10 damage ( there are some outliers but still the point stands )and then LR strolls in with their 10 CC, every single one of them nuking you for 2-3k, applying insanity level of weakness meaning the only way to kill them is condi.And to top it all off most of the CC are bullshit, like hitting through walls, unblockable, undodgableheck, tornado alone will CC lock you to hell and back, all while blinding crippling and knocking you off node.

And dont get me laugh about ele being PERFECT BALANCE LOL, what was weaver before the patch? legit the strongest duelist that had no losing fights.mirage ? auto win. warrior? autowin. holo? autowin. bunker levels of sustain,dodges all while spamming insane aoe condi, if you wanna get the node you eat tens of thousands of burning nonstop.

LR was so strong that only 3-4 eles were sitting top 250 and they were all tournament players.. nobody was using LR outside PvP in WvW for example given its lack of sustain and skill requirement...by comparison we had builds like Mantra of Distraction with immobilize before nerfs....easy spammable braindead gameplay followed quickly by staff campers condi mirage abusing same strategy..hence called degenerate gameplay by the same devs who created the class.

I don't lament the disappearance of LR....I am pointing out the obvious bias by you lot, playing faceroll builds up to this moment while claiming other build were faceroll

people were fine with LR before big patch, nobody complained. why? since everyone could do it, so it wasnt an issue.

"As long as I do it..it's fine and balanced"....biased player at his finest, I don't even know why the discussion still going, I made my point clear dozen of times now : I want to put as much effort as the next guy for the same results...why the hell some professions should have an uphill battle when fighting others? who the heck decided that?

If you want to do dmg while have sustain..then everybody should be able to do the same, don't go around whining about other professions not dying to your "l33t" combo!You whine about weaver not being balanced...which parts of mirage and chrono were to be considered balanced?

Oh yeah, you bunch of armchair developers get to decide what is balanced and what is not, typically what you play is balanced am I right? You get to have sustain while doing damage...if anybody else does the same...it's OP and must be nerfed

My question is really simple : Why the heck you expect other people to put 3-4x more effort than you in this game to accomplish anything?

The reason we have this kind of discussion is because players are extremely biased and selfish by default, I can recognize my faults...you lot can't recognize yours and for as long as you keep asking for crippling nerfs on other professions so that players using those professions put it 3x more effort than you....I will keep asking for nerfs on others in return

Weaver is OP because he can do dmg while having sustain?..OK then let's remove it..along side : all ranger builds-all engi builds - s/d thief/deadeye -PU mesmers/mirage-core necro -reaper -all guardian builds etc etc how does that sound?...No pls spare me all the "L2P" BS, had enough of it

My efforts=your efforts and if you can't accept that neither will I so you can stop with your pointless arguments...tired of them

Many players just seem to see it like this : more success = more fun

But if you like it or not :

PvP lost most of its population because of power creep ! ! !

Before PoF, 15 - 20 people in my guild had been playing PvP. Nearly all of them quit the first months after PoF.I dont want to claim that they all quit just because of power creep, but at least most of them did, as they told me so.And you could hear such voices in the forums as well that time.