How to refine materials? My matrial storage is full

You need professions, at specific levels to do this. Here is some information about turning logs into planks: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Plank Using green wood as the example, you can see the professions that can refine the logs into planks: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Green_Wood_Plank

For bloodstone dust, that has quite specific uses. Same with dragonite ore and empyreal fragments. Here is an example of where bloodstone dust can be used, and also the ingame tools that can convert the dust randomly into other items: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pile_of_Bloodstone_Dust

Edited to add: you can sell materials such as logs on the trading post. That can give you an in-game income.

that sounds like an impossible job lol, reaching lv400 in crafting, yet I dont even have the materials for early levels... I have way too much high level wood but not the basic ones

Do you have any friends playing? You could ask them to refine for you. Provided you're not on F2P account that can't send items.

that sounds like an impossible job lol, reaching lv400 in crafting, yet I dont even have the materials for early levels... I have way too much high level wood but not the basic ones

There are loads of guides on crafting that'll show you the cheapest way to get to 500. You can store mats in the bank and alt characters. When you craft it will pull from the bank tabs first then crafting storage. Materials are easy to get in the game. You can farm or do the more profitable metas for salvage materials. There are also eaters you earn or craft to consume some excess account bound mats like bloodstone dust.

@brabroker.9243 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Sell it on the trading post then.

some of the material cannot be sold

Bloodstone can be consumed using eaters which essentially give a random item (usually junk). These come from achievements and there are multiple for bloodstone, empyrael and dragonite (none for oil or auric dust)

Crafters will be able to just convert bloodstone etc into bricks or other items

@brabroker.9243 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Sell it on the trading post then.

I currently trash dragonite ore as I get it faster than I can use it.

Sometime ago I did with bloodstone dust, it depends a bit on what you are doing, but usually at least one of those 3 mats floods you faster than you can use it.

What I really hate are the whoops of joy of my chars when I get them :#I always think: why I am cursed to lead such stupid chars when they do.

@brabroker.9243 said:

@Dayra.7405 said:In the gem shop you can buy extension of your material storage up to 2000

I am aware, but based on the storage expansion statement, it seems to cost 10 dollars for another 250 space... so I need 100 dollars for 2k, that doesnt sound like a good deal to me

I bought them all from gems for gold :)

You can buy them one by one and somehow ANet has to earn it's money to produce and maintain the game.

It's permant, and therefore soon cheaper than a monthly subscription fee.

It’s 70 not 100 to buy the remaining 7 extensions.

You could also see it as: for just 10$ you can double your current capacity :)

@brabroker.9243 said:

@"Linken.6345" said:Sell it on the trading post then.

Toss it if you run out of space. I couldn't tell you how much bloodstone dust I've tossed. Bloodstone dust is easy to get. Princess, the Dragonite Ore eater is easy to get. Here's the wiki list of gobblers/converters.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Converter

Do you have any friends playing? You could ask them to refine for you. Provided you're not on F2P account that can't send items.

F2P would not be able to post on the forum.

F2P would not be able to post on the forum.

True. Didn't realize at the moment. I have got several new f2p guildies and it got me a bit confused.

@Cuks.8241 said:The thing is if you don't intend to craft, you don't need materials so there is not reason to store them.

Exactly what I was going to say.

Crafting is useful in this game, but it's not a requirement and if you're not planning to craft then you don't need crafting materials and may as well sell whatever you can and delete what you can't (although I'm keep the 250 in storage, just in case). You do get slightly more gold by selling refined materials, but if you don't intend to craft it's probably not worth the trouble.

Alternatively you could sell the excess materials you have now, and use the money to buy lower level materials so you can get started.

What I do is sell on TP a stack of whatever material hits the limit. Even if you do craft, buying back from the TP is usually better than dealing with the hassle of extra materials. Though I have increased my storage capacity so that even if I sell a stack, I still have another one in reserve if needed.

Items that cannot the sold... well, if they are mostly junk you don't need, then blast them away.

Increasing your storage capacity is somewhat worthwhile even if you don't need the materials, if for the only reason that they allow you to play for longer periods of time before they fill up and need to be dealt with. one could alternatively place said items in shared slots so they don't go into material storage and can be disposed easier.

• 1 year later...

The eaters are as bad as the Bloodstone Dust. They "EAT" a slot and only process a very small quantity of material AND they can only be used 3 to 5 times a day randomly. But wait, THERES MORE! The loot table for the eaters is trash, its all worthless. Theres also crafting required to be done to get all but one of the ones that eat Bloodstone Dust as far as I know.

If you aren't going to craft, just destroy it all because you can't even vendor it for a single copper per piece. At least the copper would be useful.

I've done enough crafting for one lifetime in other games so I'm not interested in doing so here. The sad part is that so much of the game woven into crafting like kitten. 500 crafting ranks to climb in any profession is obscene... Thats just never going to happen for me, I don't care how easy others want to say it is.

BTW, it would appear that making bricks from Bloodstone Dust requires a crafting rank of 450 according to the wiki. Thats a long road just to clear inventory space. 1 copper per piece to a vendor would be worth it to me. At least its something.

Dragonite Ore and Empyreal Fragments are no better, same issues. I'm sure theres more I have yet to realize too.

• Confused 2