Hoping for some communication soon.

I think its fair to say se5 started with a really strong sense of openess and communication from the devs and imo has continued for the most part, however, a while before ep3 and since then it feels like we are back at the same old silence we were used to pre season 5.

With the end of q2 aproaching i think it makes sense to start seeing anet turn up the communication and start hyping us up for summer.

Lol anet is very lax with advertising but right on it when comes to feeding its players a line and some scraps to retain as many of them as they can. Before lay offs complaints of seemingly lack of support and development were common. Then came lay offs shining a light on some truths as why players felt that way. Things looked bleak for the games future so what could they do? Answer all ur player's is what lol promises of frequent updates and communication among other assurances and like other times those promises were just that....promises nothing more. The big feb balance patch tho effecting a large some of things was in actuality a lazy blanket patch that required zero thought regarding the balancing of each individual class and that classes needs etc. Literally the most bang for little buck u could do. They followed up sure.. few tweaks to few classes that were cried about constantly in forums, this is it over 5 months lol. Then they can feel players catching on to thier shortcomings and bamboozled pic of cantha and news of expac lol.Honestly if I was ncsoft I'd put game in maintenance mode and let everyone or at least in management go and over the next couple yrs or so have gw2 reworked from ground up on new software instead of the spaghetti coding it's running on now. The games clearly on a slow burn out course as it is. Itl get a temporary spike if expac actually releases but that will fade fast.Least inmo.

@Adry.7512 said:Why? Whats the problem that needs communication? The game is great and overflowing with content, go play. smh

One specific area of the game is doing great (which is subjective i suppose) but, regardless of most of the rest of the game being in a sad state i wasnt refering to that, i was refering to the quietness that we're experiencing which just isnt a good thing to have, esp with the buzz games are generating all around us.

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:I'm not sure I really care as much as I used to. Until the expansion hits, I'll play catch up with toons and just play whatever drops.

I do think raiders, wvwers etc deserve more communication attention though

I think PvP and raids should die in a ditch and be forgotten.

Imagine being this mad because others enjoy diff things.

@zealex.9410 said:I think its fair to say se5 started with a really strong sense of openess and communication from the devs and imo has continued for the most part, however, a while before ep3 and since then it feels like we are back at the same old silence we were used to pre season 5.

With the end of q2 aproaching i think it makes sense to start seeing anet turn up the communication and start hyping us up for summer.

@zealex.9410 Personally I think things are fine as they are, in fact better than fine. I really don't like "hype" and hype doesn't concern me as builds nothing but false hope and false expectations from what I have seen in the past. From what I have witnessed over the last few years hype tends to produce nothing good but a disgruntled and dissapointed player base. Never have I seen such a dramatic drop in any MMO player-base after that "massive hyped to the MAX non-event" in August 2019 > Guild Wars 2 Living World Announcement Event Aug 30, 2019. It really is no exaggeration when I almost 50% of my current guild quit after that announcement, due to the scale of the hype, staged venue, guest speaker: They expected something really BIG or RADICAL to happen in Gw2 with at very least the announcement or Launch of Expac 3, their disapointment afterwards was legendary to say the least.

No news is good news, hyped news leads on the whole (although not exclusively ofc) to disspointment.

Drizzlewood in my humble opinion has been by far the best episode of the Icebrood Saga: None of the other episodes I have returned to much after Launch, expect Bjora a bit for Mastery Points & Drakkar Meta (nice loots!) - but I can feel Drizzlewood has much better longevity of play and I'm really happy & proud Anet managed to release this when they did, minus the voice acting ofc: I think they did a tremendous job to launch it without delay. I honestly thought the release would be delayed. The lack of voice acting is very strange, but given the world situation very understandable.

I really think now is the occasion to give players time to enjoy the new map, Dragon Bash Festival should also hit in a few weeks, so let players enjoy the ride :smile:

Edit: Actually given the current state of how things are with Anet: I would much, much rather Anet channel all of their resources, engery, staffing into sorting out all the problems with Customer Support. In my humble opinion, it's far more damaging to the Community to have so many ongoing unresolved player account issues for such an extended period, that I feel the Community would rather Anet sorts these issues out first and foremost rather than hyping any future content right now. Not sure what others feel on this matter, just my own thoughts :smile:

@"Greg.7086" said:No news is good news, hyped news leads on the whole (although not exclusively ofc) to disspointment.

There is no need to "hype" anything, just provide a road map of what's coming in the very near future, like they did in late 2019. They released a road map and succeeded in finishing it on time despite all that's going on. Giving us another road map like that one isn't anything like "Hype" nor it can backfire. It tempers expectations too. Then once they give us road maps and fulfill those road maps on time, they will build confidence with their players, everyone will know what's coming. Vague promises and over-hyped features had a negative effect over the years, but a simple road map cannot.

Edit, give us something like this again:https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-to-the-new-year/Is that "over hype" or too much to ask?

I can only assume the pervasive dysfunction is a result of some sort of behind-the-scenes conflict between publisher and developer. Why else do the people who run this show keep leaving? That is probably the reason we see lack of communication, content droughts, and broken promises. It's hard to steer a ship when you keep going through a cycle of having no leadership and new leadership.

It's a shame. This game is great despite that, but it could be so much better with some resources invested in it and some coherent direction.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:I can only assume the pervasive dysfunction is a result of some sort of behind-the-scenes conflict between publisher and developer. Why else do the people who run this show keep leaving? That is probably the reason we see lack of communication, content droughts, and broken promises. It's hard to steer a ship when you keep going through a cycle of having no leadership and new leadership.You're talking as if it was ever any better. Truth is, Anet was never any good at communicating, and former leadership's aversion to any form of communication seeped down on the whole company, until it became something systemical, natural. At this point, to change that, they'd probably need to hire a professional PR and CR (but not marketing) team, and give them the ability to decide what they can talk about, and what they shouldn't. Because as it is now, while there are some devs that seem to communicate just fine, this is still completely on their own accord, and not a part of some general policy, which not only does not help, but only underscores the overall lack of communication on company level.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@"Greg.7086" said:No news is good news, hyped news leads on the whole (although not exclusively ofc) to disspointment.

There is no need to "hype" anything, just provide a road map of what's coming in the very near future, like they did in late 2019. They released a road map and succeeded in finishing it on time despite all that's going on. Giving us another road map like that one isn't anything like "Hype" nor it can backfire. It tempers expectations too. Then once they give us road maps and fulfill those road maps on time, they will build confidence with their players, everyone will know what's coming. Vague promises and over-hyped features had a negative effect over the years, but a simple road map cannot.

Edit, give us something like this again:
Is that "over hype" or too much to ask?

Well, they did give another: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-to-spring-summer-and-the-future/

First one in December (2019), next in March (2020), so we may be seeing the next one in the near future.

Or, maybe not, as the March one covers 2 quarters. /shrug

@zealex.9410 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:I'm not sure I really care as much as I used to. Until the expansion hits, I'll play catch up with toons and just play whatever drops.

Imagine being this mad because others enjoy diff things.

Ahh, the good ol' "u mad bro?", Heh.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Edit, give us something like this again:
Is that "over hype" or too much to ask?

Well, they did give another:

First one in December (2019), next in March (2020), so we may be seeing the next one in the near future.

Or, maybe not, as the March one covers 2 quarters. /shrug

Yeah I missed the March 2020 one, but that's also "done" by now so let's see the next one. But there is a pattern here and so far the road maps have been very accurate ;)

@DirtyDan.4759 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:I'm not sure I really care as much as I used to. Until the expansion hits, I'll play catch up with toons and just play whatever drops.

That's very toxic of you.

Isn't everything?

I do not believe that now is the time to be requesting any form of communication from ArenaNet.

We are living in a very strange and tumultuous time, where the SARS-CoV-2 outbreak and the associated economic downturn is having an effect on everyone around the world.

I think that we should be focusing on simply enjoying what we have and to leave ArenaNet to handle the nightmare situation that they now find themselves in - a collaborative studio that must now attempt to maintain a high bar over video conferencing. I can only imagine how difficult that must be.

So please. Spare a thought for the developers before opening a thread or replying to a post. They're humans too, just like you and I.

Personally, I am too busy playing to have a need to have "something to look forward to". I really do not understand that concept at all. I play stuff as it is released. I do not even need to know if anything is in development. If the game gets stale I leave, there is no hanging around hoping it gets better here.