Dragon Bash 2020 - Zhaitaffy Node for home instance & other suggestions

Hopefully this suggestion can be implemented but it would be great to be able to farm Zhaitaffy during the year for long term projects like the Kralk Projector. Can we get a node for 2020? Also, a matching Glider for the Holographic dragon wings that is earnable in-game would be great as well (I know ANET do not have any gliders outside of Gem store, except the WvW and PVP ones)

Yes please for the zhaitaffy home instance node - and while Anet are at it, please include a Noxious Pod Node for the home instance. Auric Basin, Tangled Depths, and Verdant Brink have their nodes, why isn't the Noxious Pod for Dragon's Stand included?

@Zaoda.1653 said:Yes please for the zhaitaffy home instance node - and while Anet are at it, please include a Noxious Pod Node for the home instance. Auric Basin, Tangled Depths, and Verdant Brink have their nodes, why isn't the Noxious Pod for Dragon's Stand included?

Yep agreed with the Noxious Pod one as well!

The festival should be in around a week.That being said, next time you suggest something it should be months in advance, that's how long it takes to implement changes to the game. The actual decision, planning, the work, testing - it all takes time. The actual files for the festival are already ready and waiting, so let's hope the node is among them.

@Zaoda.1653 said:Yes please for the zhaitaffy home instance node - and while Anet are at it, please include a Noxious Pod Node for the home instance. Auric Basin, Tangled Depths, and Verdant Brink have their nodes, why isn't the Noxious Pod for Dragon's Stand included?

The noxious pod would be a slight improvement but it is pretty easy to just run around DS a bit once in a while and achieve the same thing so it isn't really adding that much. There are always some pods up in DS regardless of the state of that map.

Being an avid home instance stuff collector, I would also very much love to see a dragon pinata home instance node. It would make sense too since most of the other festivals have offered some festival based node as well by now. I must admit I am not that interested in holographic weapons and/or armor pieces so this would be something to work towards in this festival.Please make it happen, ANET! ;)

@Khisanth.2948 said:

The noxious pod would be a slight improvement but it is pretty easy to just run around DS a bit once in a while and achieve the same thing so it isn't really adding that much. There are always some pods up in DS regardless of the state of that map.

I've always felt it was on purpose. Crystaline Ore is specific to endgame / legendary crafting, and I think ANET wants to encourage people to keep running that map.

I would like to see a Toxic Spore Sample node. I believe that the spores were more commonplace a reward during S1, but today there are limited means of farming them, and yet they are required for some of the best condi consumables and upgrades.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

I've always felt it was on purpose. Crystaline Ore is specific to endgame / legendary crafting, and I think ANET wants to encourage people to keep running that map.

I would like to see a Toxic Spore Sample node. I believe that the spores were more commonplace a reward during S1, but today there are limited means of farming them, and yet they are required for some of the best condi consumables and upgrades.

The home instance noxious pod was actually made and added to the dat file.

It only takes 1 spore per utility(but you can only make 5 at a time) which isn't that bad and it isn't much better than an icicle

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:I would like to see a Toxic Spore Sample node. I believe that the spores were more commonplace a reward during S1, but today there are limited means of farming them, and yet they are required for some of the best condi consumables and upgrades.

I would like to see the historic achievement for giving those to Marjory brought back, along with a bunch of other historic achievements that many of us never had a chance to finish. "Volunteer" title being another one.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

I agree that adding a Noxious Pod home instance node doesn't add much, though I only wanted to suggest it because I know that there are completionists out there and those of us with CDO (it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetic order - as they should be, lol). In fact, just the other day I was in a Dragon's Stand map and it was failing miserably, but the good news was, the map was LITTERED with Noxious Pods.

I'm slowly working on the khan-ur legendary dagger and needed 250 crystalline ores, so I bought 160 machetes, and since that map was failing but had tons of pods, I took advantage of the situation and character hopped once I had opened as many as possible, and managed to get all 250 ores within an hour of character hopping and opening up the pods - the map failed in the end (not even 1 boss was killed - we didn't have enough people in ANY lane), but I won in the end because I got all the ores I needed, lol.

So long story short, yes the node probably isn't vital or even necessary, but for those with CDO or are completionists, I think it would be nice to complete the set. If it's too much dev time to commit to, it probably shouldn't be a priority. For those who need ores, just find a Dragon's Stand map that's doing well (or at least completed the lane events and is time for the 3 bosses) and open up as many pods as you can find - they're usually at the camps and nearby the camps.

@Zaoda.1653 said:

I agree that adding a Noxious Pod home instance node doesn't add much, though I only wanted to suggest it because I know that there are completionists out there and those of us with CDO (it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetic order - as they should be, lol). In fact, just the other day I was in a Dragon's Stand map and it was failing miserably, but the good news was, the map was LITTERED with Noxious Pods.

I'm slowly working on the khan-ur legendary dagger and needed 250 crystalline ores, so I bought 160 machetes, and since that map was failing but had tons of pods, I took advantage of the situation and character hopped once I had opened as many as possible, and managed to get all 250 ores within an hour of character hopping and opening up the pods - the map failed in the end (not even 1 boss was killed - we didn't have enough people in ANY lane), but I won in the end because I got all the ores I needed, lol.

So long story short, yes the node probably isn't vital or even necessary, but for those with CDO or are completionists, I think it would be nice to complete the set. If it's too much dev time to commit to, it probably shouldn't be a priority. For those who need ores, just find a Dragon's Stand map that's doing well (or at least completed the lane events and is time for the 3 bosses) and open up as many pods as you can find - they're usually at the camps and nearby the camps.

That's why when I made Pharus a few months back, I opted to use Gift of Desert Mastery over Maguuma. Just having 1 toon parked in Crystal Oasis to do the pinata every day left me with tons of elegies, so getting the funeral incense was easy, and getting Gift of the Desert + Rider is much easier than doing map completes for Gift of Maguuma.

@"Jimbru.6014" said:I would like to see the historic achievement for giving those to Marjory brought back, along with a bunch of other historic achievements that many of us never had a chance to finish. "Volunteer" title being another one.

I have a mixed opinion about this. While I think that it would be nice to have the opportunity to get these things, which were earlier missed, I also appreciate the uniqueness of them for those who do have them.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

By that logic, you don't really need any home instance nodes, because everything is available in the open world. ;)

I second the demand for a Noxious Pod and a Zhaitaffy node! :)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

By that logic, you don't really need
any
home instance nodes, because
everything
is available in the open world. ;)

I second the demand for a Noxious Pod and a Zhaitaffy node! :)

I third the demand!