Staff feels like under powered weapon

I crafted both legendary staff because i love the sublime look of the staff, i main scourge and i always hope the staff is more powerful for necro as well as many other classes.Generally staff feels like a supportive weapon, wish they are given more buffed skills so i can enjoy using them more.I have a lot more Staff skins compare to any other weapons, because they are just always so beautiful.

@"DanAlcedo.3281" said:Because Necro Staff is very good in WvW and PvP.Only bad staff in my oppinion is Druid staff.

Only my elementalist, mesmer and druid has staff. But I do agree, druid staff is so "lame". Only the (3) is actually very usefull (teleport with healing). Sometimes I think, does the staff's base attack do damage or is it healing the enemy. ;)

Necro's Staff is fine offensively but needs its support buffed in all game modes. The only real purpose it serves for Mercy Scourge is Regeneration as well as to generate Life Force for Shroud skill spam and the occasional Fear for breakbars.

And it could use some more damaging condi besides Bleeding to offset Necro's reliance on Scepter.

If you compare it to Guardian or Ele Staff for support you can see how weak it is. Technically even the Druid Staff has better support, though it has no real damage and arguably the Necro staff does have some damage.

Suggestion #1 Poison on auto-attack.Suggestion #2 In addition to Regeneration it also gives some Might stacks.Suggestion #3 The field also blocks projectiles, similar to Poison Cloud (utility skill).Suggestion #4 The cleanse affects allies, and not just the Necro.Suggestion #5 Feared enemies are inflicted with Torment.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:I guess you only play PvE?

Because Necro Staff is very good in WvW and PvP.

Only bad staff in my oppinion is Druid staff.

Druid staff is pretty good for PvE endgame content, tho. Gives quite some nice additional healing by providing both a water combo field and a blast finisher, additionally to also grant constant healing through the astral wisp and ancestral grace.

@Lumikki.1725 said:

@"DanAlcedo.3281" said:Because Necro Staff is very good in WvW and PvP.Only bad staff in my oppinion is Druid staff.

Only my elementalist, mesmer and druid has staff. But I do agree, druid staff is so "lame". Only the (3) is actually very usefull (teleport with healing). Sometimes I think, does the staff's base attack do damage or is it healing the enemy. ;)Druid staff is actually quite good. What you're missing though is that it's not a dps weapon, but one for a
healer
. Its primary function is charging celestial avatar (with some healing). All the skills are made with that in mind.1 is weaksauce damage, but it also heals all allies between you and the target. Not a great healing individually, but it's still autoattack and is quite fast, so it adds up.2 does a weak (but pretty much constant) healing around the target3 is a movement skill, decent heal, and a blast finisher (see 5)4 is weak cc, and cleansing.5 is missile destruction, and
a water field
(to be blasted by skill 3 for more healing)

@Hoover.6394 said:I crafted both legendary staff because i love the sublime look of the staff, i main scourge and i always hope the staff is more powerful for necro as well as many other classes.Generally staff feels like a supportive weapon, wish they are given more buffed skills so i can enjoy using them more.

Totally agree with your opinion. I crafted Bifrost cos it's so beautiful with it's effects, though I'm aware it's not exactly Necro style like Nevermore. And I also wish it was buffed a bit more. Fingers crossed...though it probably won't happen, but one can always hope...

9 replies, but it seems none of you actually READ what the OP said.

Let me help.

@Hoover.6394 said:Generally staff feels like a supportive weapon

But go on, keep telling the OP about all the utility staff can bring.... /facepalm

OP: Yes, with the exception of Daredevil and arguably Elementalist, Staff is a support weapon for every other profession that uses it, thus the damage they bring is inferior to other weapons; you see the same thing with Shield.

@Hannelore.8153 said:Necro's Staff is fine offensively but needs its support buffed in all game modes. The only real purpose it serves for Mercy Scourge is Regeneration as well as to generate Life Force for Shroud skill spam and the occasional Fear for breakbars.

And it could use some more damaging condi besides Bleeding to offset Necro's reliance on Scepter.

If you compare it to Guardian or Ele Staff for support you can see how weak it is. Technically even the Druid Staff has better support, though it has no real damage and arguably the Necro staff does have some damage.

Suggestion #1 Poison on auto-attack.Suggestion #2 In addition to Regeneration it also gives some Might stacks.Suggestion #3 The field also blocks projectiles, similar to Poison Cloud (utility skill).Suggestion #4 The cleanse affects allies, and not just the Necro.Suggestion #5 Feared enemies are inflicted with Torment.

Omg I’d love this! Any of those buff would make me so happy

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:9 replies, but it seems none of you actually READ what the OP said.

Let me help.

Generally staff feels like a supportive weapon

But go on, keep telling the OP about all the utility staff can bring.... /facepalm

OP: Yes, with the exception of Daredevil and arguably Elementalist, Staff is a support weapon for every other profession that uses it, thus the damage they bring is inferior to other weapons; you see the same thing with Shield.

Yeah I wish for Necro staff can be buffed and bring more damage, it’s sad to see the highest damage staff deals is for daredevil who’s not using it as a casting weapon but a stick...

@kharmin.7683 said:Well, to be fair to a point I guess, a daredevil is literally whacking you with that stick whereas other staff wielders are just using the staff as an implement for their magic.

But all spell casting weapons are used for implement their magic, even some physical weapon do, no reason they can’t bring high dps.

@Hoover.6394 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Well, to be fair to a point I guess, a daredevil is literally whacking you with that stick whereas other staff wielders are just using the staff as an implement for their magic.

But all spell casting weapons are used for implement their magic, even some physical weapon do, no reason they can’t bring high dps.I think it's because of game balance, but I'm just a very casual player and don't really know much about such things. If every weapon was high DPS, I would think that power creep would soon follow.

Only thing that bothers me on Necro's Staff, is Chilblains not removing or corrupting boons, which would be nice addition, but I don't really know much about the current balance of Necro's Staff right now.

Only that it is a support weapon with "Lifeforce charger" attack, Mark of Blood for small damage, bleed and regeneration, Chilblain for uncreative Poison and Chill with Poison combo-field, Putrid Mark for Condi transfer +explosion combo-finisher and Reaper's Mark for small AoE Fear on demand.

@Hoover.6394 said:I crafted both legendary staff because i love the sublime look of the staff, i main scourge and i always hope the staff is more powerful for necro as well as many other classes.Generally staff feels like a supportive weapon, wish they are given more buffed skills so i can enjoy using them more.I have a lot more Staff skins compare to any other weapons, because they are just always so beautiful.

You do not want to use staff on necro in PvE. It is good in pvp.

Magic should do more damage than physical in a fantasy world but you do more damage with a sword as a mage(ele) than with a staff.I would rather get whack by a stick 1 time than take a thunderbolt 1 time.

@"Trise.2865" said:"Dear ANet,My support/debuff weapon doesn't do as much damage as my primary damage weapons. Plz fix."

Seriously?

“But only DPS matter in GW2.” /sMore seriously, yes, there is just no way a reasonable balance would ever occur in GW2 if supportive/healing weapons can be played as offensive damage dealers.

@"flog.3485" said:“But only DPS matter in GW2.” /sMore seriously, yes, there is just no way a reasonable balance would ever occur in GW2 if supportive/healing weapons can be played as offensive damage dealers.You are in bigger event, are you using support or damage or trying swap between then all the time? Because if you are doing support, you don't do damage. Are you even gonna get any "good" reward from event if you damage was allmost none existen, because you where supporting? So, why don't players do support in event's allmost at all? Is it because support doesn't really matter that much at all in many situations, because it's really little what you can do?

I think I just answered in my own question here.

So, "But only DPS matters in GW2" isn't really much a joke, because it has half truth in it.