This games deserves Better!! Help it SURVIVE!! SUBSCRIBE if needed!!

I'm a 38yo player, my first console i played is ATARI. I've played many many MMO game from the first age MMO such as Nexia, Ragnarok, WOW classic, etc

From that many game even the latest MMO such as BlackDessert, Kingdom Under Fire2, Etc There's none compare to GuildWars 2 in content, gameplay mechanic, event, graphic(yes this wined age game still have very enjoyable graphic compare that it doesn't need high end PC specs), except maybe story (well i still vouch for WOW for it's epic story) still on par with WOW though

So yes you only need buy one time and additional if there's big DLC.BUT why not pull more income from subscribing to make the game\company better. WOW with $15 that i could understand since it's one of the MMO pioneer. But game such as RuneScape3 charging $10 just so u can spend your time laboring(literally) inside the game is makes me wonder why people paid...

For $2.99-$4.99 it's way worth paying playing GW2!!And if it's come to subscribing i think SEA and Australia region have good prospect to add server in this region. (my ping is killin me)

I sub to ff14 and am ok with what I get, I would never pay a sub for gw2 in the current state, I bet most wouldn't. If devs were replaced with devs that actually produced content and significant patches on a regular basis and didn't always take the lazy approach, after the game improved then I'd have no problems paying a sub fee to gw2. Lol but good luck with that.

Players are free to purchase as many gems as they want each month to support the game. But a subscription fee? WoW is a AAA title worthy of a subscription model, while GW2 is a F2P game.

WoW coudn't continue to exist without charging a monthly fee, as the then required reduction in features and content would collapse its player base, and GW2 cannot justify a sub model given its lack of content, features, balancing, bugs and lack of optimization, which would also lead to a collapse of its player base.

No. Speak for your fucking self. I'm sick and tired of this stupid fucking bullshit. Listen, go play your other fucking pay to win bullshit games like WoW and stop trying to fuck everyone else over. I don't give a fuck if I get banned, I've had it with this goddamn topic being repeated ad nauseam. No. No. No. No. No. No no. No no no no no no.

@Tsakhi.8124 said:No. Speak for your kitten self. I'm sick and tired of this stupid kitten kitten. Listen, go play your other kitten pay to win kitten games like WoW and stop trying to kitten everyone else over. I don't give a kitten if I get banned, I've had it with this kitten topic being repeated ad nauseam. No. No. No. No. No. No no. No no no no no no.

C’mon man.. Tell us how you really feel.

And back on topic: Definately no to Sub.

To make this clear.

Company has to always make a choise between monthly payment or item shop system. Both of them have they own positive and negative side. If they are both in the same game, then one system will destroy others positive side. What means it's one or other, but never both.

Positive effect of item shops is that they can get bigger income, not limitation how much money player can put into game and can also provide F2P side.Positive effect of monthly payment is that everyting is always already inside the game world and players "wealth" in the real world doesn't affect the game world.

@"Lumikki.1725" said:To make this clear.

Company has to always make a choise between monthly payment or item shop system. Both of them have they own positive and negative side. If they are both in the same game, then one system will destroy others positive side. What means it's one or other, but never both.

Positive effect of item shops is that they can get bigger income and can also provide F2P side.Positive effect of monthly payment is that everyting is always already inside the game world and players "wealth" in the real world doesn't affect the game world.

WoW, FFXIV and ESO (optional sub) have both systems though. They each have a sub system combined with a shop.

More and more games are using the cash shop + season pass (Basically a optional seasonal sub) system. It‘s pretty often both systems.

@Raknar.4735 said:WoW, FFXIV and ESO (optional sub) have both systems though. They each have a sub system combined with a shop.

More and more games are using the cash shop + season pass (Basically a optional seasonal sub) system. It‘s pretty often both systems.No they don't really have both. Item shop is item shop, even if they sell mothly benefits. It's just basicly steady continues money use with item shop benefits. More like money spending plan system for item shop. You pay steady this amount and you get these benefits. Like I already sayed, they can't be in same game without destroying others positive side.

@Lumikki.1725 said:

@Raknar.4735 said:WoW, FFXIV and ESO (optional sub) have both systems though. They each have a sub system combined with a shop.

More and more games are using the cash shop + season pass (Basically a optional seasonal sub) system. It‘s pretty often both systems.No they don't really have both. Item shop is item shop, even if they sell mothly benefits. It's just basicly steady continues money use with item shop benefits. More like money spending plan system for item shop. You pay steady this amount and you get these benefits. Like I already sayed, they can't be in same game without destrying others positive side.

But they do, though.Let‘s take WoW for example. You need to pay a sub, to play the game (ignoring the trial version).But it also has a cash shop with helmets, mounts, pets, toys, bundles and game services (char boosts, appearance change etc.)

How does WoW not have both systems? A sub and a cash shop?

@Raknar.4735 said:

More and more games are using the cash shop + season pass (Basically a optional seasonal sub) system. It‘s pretty often both systems.No they don't really have both. Item shop is item shop, even if they sell mothly benefits. It's just basicly steady continues money use with item shop benefits. More like money spending plan system for item shop. You pay steady this amount and you get these benefits. Like I already sayed, they can't be in same game without destrying others positive side.

But they do, though.Let‘s take WoW for example. You need to pay a sub, to play the game (ignoring the trial version).But it also has a cash shop with helmets, mounts, pets, toys, bundles and game services (char boosts, appearance change etc.)

Does EVERY player who playes same game pay exacly same amount of money and get same benefits. And I mean everyone.Montly payment system exists ONLY if every players pays same amount of money and they all get exactly same benefits.

Only way company can have both is to have seperated servers.

@Lumikki.1725 said:

Does EVERY player who playes same game pay exacly same amount of money and get same benefits. And I mean everyone.Montly payment system exists ONLY if every players pays same amount of money and they all get exactly same benefits.

Gameplay wise they do, but players that don‘t purchase stuff in the Blizzard Store don‘t have access to those items, even though they pay the same sub.

@Raknar.4735 said:Gameplay wise they do, but players that don‘t purchase stuff in the Blizzard Store don‘t have access to those items.No, they don't because if you can buy anyting from item shop with real life money that puts players in same game in different situation by providing any benefit, then it's not anymore mountly payment system game. It's item shop game with montly item shop payment plan system. Because item shops put always players in different situation, by players real life money.

@LolyPOPS.5364 said:I'm a 38yo player, my first console i played is ATARI. I've played many many MMO game from the first age MMO such as Nexia, Ragnarok, WOW classic, etc

From that many game even the latest MMO such as BlackDessert, Kingdom Under Fire2, Etc There's none compare to GuildWars 2 in content, gameplay mechanic, event, graphic(yes this wined age game still have very enjoyable graphic compare that it doesn't need high end PC specs), except maybe story (well i still vouch for WOW for it's epic story) still on par with WOW though

So yes you only need buy one time and additional if there's big DLC.BUT why not pull more income from subscribing to make the game\company better. WOW with $15 that i could understand since it's one of the MMO pioneer. But game such as RuneScape3 charging $10 just so u can spend your time laboring(literally) inside the game is makes me wonder why people paid...

For $2.99-$4.99 it's way worth paying playing GW2!!And if it's come to subscribing i think SEA and Australia region have good prospect to add server in this region. (my ping is killin me)

it deserves better, he says.... help it survives ,he says....

i think gw2 and anet are doing well atm

@Lumikki.1725 said:

@Raknar.4735 said:Gameplay wise they do, but players that don‘t purchase stuff in the Blizzard Store don‘t have access to those items.No, they don't because if you can buy anyting from item shop with real life money that puts players in same game in different situation by providing any benefit, then it's not anymore mountly payment system game. It's item shop game with montly item shop payment plan system. Because item shops put always players in different situation, by players real life money.

I guess I‘ll stop here. I‘m honestly not sure what you‘re trying to argue about here.Fact is, WoW has both a subscription system and an item shop.

@Virdo.1540 said:

@LolyPOPS.5364 said:I'm a 38yo player, my first console i played is ATARI. I've played many many MMO game from the first age MMO such as Nexia, Ragnarok, WOW classic, etc

it deserves better, he says.... help it survives ,he says....

i think gw2 and anet are doing well atm

U cant be serious, ur definition of doing well differs from mine.