Absurd Tank builds everywhere

I started again with ranked PvP since it is 5vs 5 again . The start was very good nut now tank builds everywhere . I mean I'm not the best warrior and I know the so called 'Fire Weaver' can tank with focus and guard with aegis but I had a scourge and a daredevil tanking 20k dps directly into the face without their HP even dropping 1%.

This is absurd

Yeah I saw the re-addition of scourge skills, and i noped the fuck off of this game. devs obviously have no idea what they are fucking doing, plain to see from the immediate re-nerfing of scourge in WvW, days after their buff.

like what the fuck were you thinking in the first place?

@Caine.8204 said:Yeah I saw the re-addition of scourge skills, and i noped the kitten off of this game. devs obviously have no idea what they are kitten doing, plain to see from the immediate re-nerfing of scourge in WvW, days after their buff.

like what the kitten were you thinking in the first place?

Imagine a 3v3 season, where there is no reason to run anything other than 3 Scourges on every team.

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:I started again with ranked PvP since it is 5vs 5 again . The start was very good nut now tank builds everywhere . I mean I'm not the best warrior and I know the so called 'Fire Weaver' can tank with focus and guard with aegis but I had a scourge and a daredevil tanking 20k dps directly into the face without their HP even dropping 1%.

This is absurd

Drop Warrior. Not worth it.Maybe in 6-8 month.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Caine.8204 said:Yeah I saw the re-addition of scourge skills, and i noped the kitten off of this game. devs obviously have no idea what they are kitten doing, plain to see from the immediate re-nerfing of scourge in WvW, days after their buff.

Imagine a 3v3 season, where there is no reason to run anything other than 3 Scourges on every team.

We had in 2v2 2 core necro meta

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:I started again with ranked PvP since it is 5vs 5 again . The start was very good nut now tank builds everywhere . I mean I'm not the best warrior and I know the so called 'Fire Weaver' can tank with focus and guard with aegis but I had a scourge and a daredevil tanking 20k dps directly into the face without their HP even dropping 1%.

This is absurdWas the daredevil evading and did the scourge spam all his barrier sources while you spammed your burst skills?

Why didn't you just wait 4 seconds?

Do you also burst into a block and then complain how much trash the game is?

Bronze division issues.

Btw.: I doubt you did 20k dps in pvp.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@"Lord of the Fire.6870" said:I started again with ranked PvP since it is 5vs 5 again . The start was very good nut now tank builds everywhere . I mean I'm not the best warrior and I know the so called 'Fire Weaver' can tank with focus and guard with aegis but I had a scourge and a daredevil tanking 20k dps directly into the face without their HP even dropping 1%.

This is absurdWas the daredevil evading and did the scourge spam all his barrier sources while you spammed your burst skills?

Bronze division issues.

Btw.: I doubt you did 20k
dps
in pvp.

Definition of "Tanky": I take a glass 1-shot build into PvP and then wonder why my opponents always dodge my burst and then counter my face off!

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@"Lord of the Fire.6870" said:I started again with ranked PvP since it is 5vs 5 again . The start was very good nut now tank builds everywhere . I mean I'm not the best warrior and I know the so called 'Fire Weaver' can tank with focus and guard with aegis but I had a scourge and a daredevil tanking 20k dps directly into the face without their HP even dropping 1%.

Bronze division issues.

dps
in pvp.

Definition of "Tanky": I take a glass 1-shot build into PvP and then wonder why my opponents always dodge my burst and then counter my face off!

definition of tanky, I take 3 dps traitlines, enemy facetanks every single ability in my kit and still lives.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Bronze division issues.

dps
in pvp.

definition of tanky, I take 3 dps traitlines, enemy facetanks every single ability in my kit and still lives.

I'm not saying tanky builds don't exist. But the "20k dps vs. a daredevil" thing pretty much tells you all you need to know about this particular case.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

Bronze division issues.

dps
in pvp.

I'm not saying tanky builds don't exist. But the "20k dps vs. a daredevil" thing pretty much tells you all you need to know about this particular case.

ofc, even holo wont dish out 20k dps in pvp, with quickness at best maybe 8k.Im just salty cuz bronze necro could facetank my glass canon mesmer for 1minute by standing still and passively gaining shroud lol

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Bronze division issues.

dps
in pvp.

ofc, even holo wont dish out 20k dps in pvp, with quickness at best maybe 8k.Im just salty cuz bronze necro could facetank my glass canon mesmer for 1minute by standing still and passively gaining shroud lol

It's real engaging stuff.

You can afford to take a bathroom break in the middle of the match with someone hitting you and still be alive when you finish up! ?

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Lets not be hyperbolic now.

I could toatlly see a reason to run 2 scourges and 1 rev.

/s

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Bronze division issues.

dps
in pvp.

Necro is essentially playing a turn based version of GW2.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

Bronze division issues.

dps
in pvp.

Necro is essentially playing a turn based version of GW2.

Essentially. You don't need to dodge. I play core necro build in pvp. Dodging is more of a hastle really. Same on my reaper tank build.

@"TeqkOneStylez.8047" said:They should reduce dmg across the board more and make long range skills do 8 dmg. The slower pace of the game brings out a more skillful and strategic approach to combat.

The people who actually believe that call fast gameplay "spamming" when they can't keep up. Also, hitting a button to CC and then a button to burst is a super complex magic trick.

100% of my games are using mind games and outsmarting my opponent to win because every single person is playing a pure bunker invincible build and just afks on the node with it.I don't know why builds like this, 8 years later, are still allowed, but it's actually absurd at this point. You have to be so much smarter than them to win, which is generally easy, since they're boosted +3 divisions where their actual skill is due to their brainless tank build.

I really want tank builds hard deleted from PvP and WvW.

@Shiyo.3578 said:I don't know why builds like this, 8 years later, are still allowed, but it's actually absurd at this point. You have to be so much smarter than them to win, which is generally easy, since they're boosted +3 divisions where their actual skill is due to their brainless tank build.

I really want tank builds hard deleted from PvP and WvW.

And being angry and upset isn’t a rational way to fix the problem. Because the same thing was probably said about damage before the patch. And look where that has us now?

I get you’re as frustrated with balance as anyone else, but your conclusions are completely born out of irrational thought. You need to re-evaluate the way in which you view these balance problems and think real long and hard about what you say on the forums because the devs do come here every now and then to read what people have to say. So if you had 15 seconds of fame, how would you spend that? Would your 15 seconds be spent wanting every build you hate deleted?

There is a saying “Be careful what you wish for. It just might come true.”

No, they are rational thoughts. The beginning of this game was completely ruined by bunker builds, they fixed it after a year or so. HoT was bunker chrono, which killed this games chance at esports completely. Amulets and runes are constantly removed that encourage or allow this playstyle. The lead PvP dev has mentioned he doesn't want bunker chrono EVER coming back.

Pure tank invincible builds have always been a huge problem in this game in any game mode, and should not exist in any shape or form.

@Shiyo.3578 said:No, they are rational thoughts. The beginning of this game was completely ruined by bunker builds, they fixed it after a year or so. HoT was bunker chrono, which killed this games chance at esports completely. Amulets and runes are constantly removed that encourage or allow this playstyle. The lead PvP dev has mentioned he doesn't want bunker chrono EVER coming back.

Pure tank invincible builds have always been a huge problem in this game in any game mode, and should not exist in any shape or form.

I mean, since you remember core and HoT I’m sure you remember what has happened in the past 6 months? There was no Tank meta of recent until damage was basically removed from the majority of builds. Now we have a tank meta, and now you want that removed.

So what exactly comes after that...a perfectly balanced game?

I don’t disagree that certain mechanics were or still are broken, but that’s not my point. My point is, is your solution to the problem even a real solution? Or will it just be a precursor to more problems later on.

Your thought process for your solution is irrational because it’s not based on logic and objective analysis.

Let me ask you. Do we have a tank meta because of broken tank mechanics or do we have a tank meta because there is no damage? If the damage is still there than surely tank builds shouldn’t be that much of a problem as you suggest? If that would be your rebuttal, then what exactly makes the current builds so tanky and why weren’t these tanky builds around before the CMC patch?

@Shiyo.3578 said:100% of my games are using mind games and outsmarting my opponent to win because every single person is playing a pure bunker invincible build and just afks on the node with it.

So for a win you have to use brain? wow such a bad state of the game. Would be much better when you can just randomly smash your buttons with built in evade frames, stability etc. and dish out tons of dps.And I can guarantee there is no build which can last longer then 15 second afk standing on point vs half decent dps build.