Icebrood saga mastery points

@Khisanth.2948 said:There are currently 7 points of wiggle room so which ones did you decide to skip?

Party guardianMaster of the ancestral forgeRavens favorLuminiferousLegendary whisper of jormag

In No quater i haven't done:Glory to the flame legionCache hunterNo quater masteryGlory to the iron legionSpecial forcesStormcaller armaments collectorGlory to the blood legionMorale breakerTengu weapon collector

No idea why anet think that people have motivation do same meta like 10 times.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Excursion.9752 said:Anet has been far more stingy with the mastery points in ibs 39 available to get and you need 33 to complete all mastery tracks to date. Cheers to play the way you want! Just if you do that you may not get all the masteries.

“Play how you want” != “Get any reward the way you want”Exactly. There may be a gentle shove to get you going towards the content that earn you those mastery points . :astonished:

It would help if they didn't stick mastery points behind badly-designed events, such as that one Kodan Trial that spawns once every 2 hours and can't be completed anyway unless you have a party/squad and no random idiots come wandering by. (why do this at all? The other trials all work fine, fix this one ffs)

Some of them were quite interesting (particularly the light puzzles), but others were just silly (get hit by a big rock 20 times) or WoW-esque RNG fest (party guardians). At least I made a bunch of gold by grinding out the Legion reps, and tbh it wasn't that bad with all those special missions and warlike meta. (despite the illogical ending)

@Excursion.9752 said:

@Excursion.9752 said:Anet has been far more stingy with the mastery points in ibs 39 available to get and you need 33 to complete all mastery tracks to date. Cheers to play the way you want! Just if you do that you may not get all the masteries.

“Play how you want” != “Get any reward the way you want”Exactly. There may be a gentle shove to get you going towards the content that earn you those mastery points . :astonished:

Funny how easily "encourage" turns to "enforce". Don't need to do it? well if you want the masteries you have to. I won't do most of them, of course, but someone might feel compelled to do them.

@Yggranya.5201 said:

Funny how easily "encourage" turns to "enforce". Don't need to do it? well if you want the masteries you have to. I won't do most of them, of course, but someone might feel compelled to do them.

This statement can be applied to everything in the game (or any game). "If you want X then you have to do Y."

Eh most can be gotten through the game and yes some are easier to get than others. Party Guardian really should have had a set sequence though instead of hey we wont do two in a row at least. I will say whomever thought the grind achievement for the strikemission has got alot of balls to try and make you do something 50 times. I mean even stretching it out to just weekend I can see people burning out really quick doing the same damn thing over and over for not that great rewards. What burns me is the Grothimar valley expectations and the spirit events are not all that fun so doing them over and over barring Ox seems like you want folks to just leave the game since it just gets so tedious.

@Head Kracker.4790 said:Eh most can be gotten through the game and yes some are easier to get than others. Party Guardian really should have had a set sequence though instead of hey we wont do two in a row at least. I will say whomever thought the grind achievement for the strikemission has got alot of balls to try and make you do something 50 times. I mean even stretching it out to just weekend I can see people burning out really quick doing the same kitten thing over and over for not that great rewards. What burns me is the Grothimar valley expectations and the spirit events are not all that fun so doing them over and over barring Ox seems like you want folks to just leave the game since it just gets so tedious.

Cold War rewards a Mastery Point the first time it is done, and the tenth time it is done. No need to do it 50 times for a Mastery Point.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Head Kracker.4790 said:Eh most can be gotten through the game and yes some are easier to get than others. Party Guardian really should have had a set sequence though instead of hey we wont do two in a row at least. I will say whomever thought the grind achievement for the strikemission has got alot of balls to try and make you do something 50 times. I mean even stretching it out to just weekend I can see people burning out really quick doing the same kitten thing over and over for not that great rewards. What burns me is the Grothimar valley expectations and the spirit events are not all that fun so doing them over and over barring Ox seems like you want folks to just leave the game since it just gets so tedious.

Cold War rewards a Mastery Point the first time it is done, and the tenth time it is done. No need to do it 50 times for a Mastery Point.

Oh I know but the fact that it is 50 times to complete the achievement at all for just one strike seems like they want us to go insane (doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome) or just get fed up with a game mode so they can stop developing them. Its a long arduous thing that basically makes you hate the game after your done doing it which is the exact opposite emotion they should be aiming for.

@Head Kracker.4790 said:

Oh I know but the fact that it is 50 times to complete the achievement at all for just one strike seems like they want us to go insane (doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome) or just get fed up with a game mode so they can stop developing them. Its a long arduous thing that basically makes you hate the game after your done doing it which is the exact opposite emotion they should be aiming for.

Or the achievement was intended to be something players did over the long term rather than sit there and grind it.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Or the achievement was intended to be something players did over the long term rather than sit there and grind it.

Yea looks likeAnet need to start doing like wayfarers henge again make it a daily thing so people dont feel its a grind having to do it all over 1 weekend.Its sad really since people should have the choice like now, but some cant control themselfs

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

This statement can be applied to everything in the game (or any game). "If you want X then you
have
to do Y."

Indeed. So if they simply tried to make it something fun, instead of just doing something over and over it would be better for everyone. Can anyone find standing in a zerg spamming abilities without any idea of what is happening fun?

@Yggranya.5201 said:

This statement can be applied to everything in the game (or any game). "If you want X then you
have
to do Y."

Indeed. So if they simply tried to make it something fun, instead of just doing something over and over it would be better for everyone. Can anyone find standing in a zerg spamming abilities without any idea of what is happening fun?

Many do and that play style belongs to a very large percentage of the player base.

My beef is more about what I would need to do to get the points I skipped.

Light puzzles? No thanks.14 more completions of a strike mission nobody wants to run? Pass.7 more completions of a meta (Storms Winter) that isn't interesting or rewarding? Pass

When the last episode went live I was able to get all the new masteries pretty quickly, and it was the new rank of Reslience/Valor/Vigilence that took some doing, and the funny thing is, I don't think I've used a single Hadouken on that map, despite doing almost all the achievements and meta. So if i the next episode (last one?) I don't have enough points to quickly get rank 5 of Resilence et al, as long as it doesn't lock me out of opening chests, I don't think it will matter.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:My beef is more about what I would need to do to get the points I skipped.

Light puzzles? No thanks.14 more completions of a strike mission nobody wants to run? Pass.7 more completions of a meta (Storms Winter) that isn't interesting or rewarding? Pass

When the last episode went live I was able to get all the new masteries pretty quickly, and it was the new rank of Reslience/Valor/Vigilence that took some doing, and the funny thing is, I don't think I've used a single Hadouken on that map, despite doing almost all the achievements and meta. So if i the next episode (last one?) I don't have enough points to quickly get rank 5 of Resilence et al, as long as it doesn't lock me out of opening chests, I don't think it will matter.

You dont need to run cold war 50 times for the 2 mastery points you already have it since its first time and tenth

@Linken.6345 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:My beef is more about what I would need to do to get the points I skipped.

You dont need to run cold war 50 times for the 2 mastery points you already have it since its first time and tenth

Thought it was 1st and 15th. Well then, 14 9 more completions of a strike mission nobody wants to run? Pass.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

have
to do Y."

Many do and that play style belongs to a very large percentage of the player base.

"Playstyle" Heh. Well GW2 really is a paradise for AFK farming.