PvP class tier list [UPDATED]

zyra.7860

6 hours ago, Tanbin.9402 said:

If we're talking ranked:

S - cmirage, d/p thief, dh, core ranger (valk variant),. nade holo (its hard to decide if this is still S or down to A now)

A - pherald, soulbeast, core nec, weaver, renegade

B - reaper, spellbreaker, pmirage, crev, cthief

C - scourge, tempest (in ranked its more oppressive than support guard with the fields, etc)

D - core mes, support guard, core rev, druid

F - berserker

Hard to choose where core nec is and where reaper is, in ranked its all about stomping pugs so damage impact is reaper but idk.

Lol what?

59 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Lol what?

he means ranked carry.

i'd say pherald is higher and dh is lower to soulbeast level

S is literally cmirage, d/p, power rev

S- nade holo

A would be DH and soulbeast, support guard, scourge

the rest doesnt matter

Edited by felix.2386
  • Confused 1

On 6/13/2021 at 11:44 AM, AaronWinterhalter.9425 said:

Can we please not bring elements of World of Warcraft and other MMO's into this amazing game.  In Guild Wars 1 there was no "Tier"  there was play and counter play.  People would design a team that seemed unbeatable"  "IWAY" and then the community would figure out a way to counter build it,  what makes gw1 and gw2 (to a lesser extent ) great is, that you can counter "Meta"  by thinking outside the box. 

There is no Tier,  there is no Meta,  there may be Easier and more straightforward builds and team compositions , but in the Guild Wars Universe, there are professions,  skill , traits,  rune options, and player and team skill.   It has always been that way.  

Things that are under performing and over performing will be balanced, lets not worry about what the "Best" is and just enjoy this incredible game player our characters the way we want to play them.

yo, i came back in the game 2021++ and the meme is portal bombing, which appeared after ~1year since the vanilla game has been released..

and yeah, IWAY the Best Way.

On 9/12/2020 at 12:34 PM, Shiyo.3578 said:

Can people stop putting Ele in S tier? Playing support in ranked is one of the easiest ways to LOSE games and be incredibly frustrated. You will ALWAYS be dragged down by your weakest player(s) and not be able to carry them.

Put "Tempest" not "ele", as they are not the same, and tempest is absurdly overpowered(In AT's only!) due to shock aura and glyph.

Also, literally EVERY SINGLE tempest I fight in plat+(or play with) is earth and does less HPS than a pink moa.

Most thieves play final destination 1v1 all game long with far.

Real tier list for RANKED based on how impactful the class/build is in solo/duo queue.

• S: Thief, Power Rev, Eng(Scrapper or Holo), literally any Necro build including randomly picking traits with your eyes closed
  • A: Ranger, Guardian, Renegade
  • B: Warrior
  • C: Any ele build
  • Plasma dispenser: Mesmer

delete

Edited by Quadox.7834

On 6/16/2021 at 4:31 PM, felix.2386 said:

yes, thief is the most op broken class in current high end conquest gameplay, agreed by 90% of the mAT winners in EU.

go to any of the mAT winners stream and ask them about thief, and they will tell you its the most broken class in the game.

you dont understand only because you are bad.

shorts said he thinks mirage is better than thief

1 hour ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Considering that you put my own build as S teir, I’d disagree 

so you're saying you made the valk core build and you're a top player? i mean no doubt you're in the plat level and are good, but top player? nah. anybody who's decent knows this. but i think we both know you didn't make this build, it's been around far before you even picked up ranger. it just got better over the years due to axe buffs, marks weakness addition and amulet changes.

you are good though there's just a big difference between plat good and top level good -- but this is a conversation that essentially has no meaning i mean i think seriousness for this game's competitiveness flew out around 2014-ish - 2015ish.

in the long run most of plat will even have gizmos because the actually good players already have almost all of them and are bored so if you want to claim to be a top player, now's your best chance buddy.

aside from that though, admittedly i think you're right about the placement of the valk core build, i forgot we're talking about ranked carry, and for carrying with the valk core build it doesn't have enough impact. id place it actually at B or maybe A due to the fact that relying on teammates in ranked while you handle far is volatile. so good eye on that.

Edited by Tanbin.9402

1 hour ago, Tanbin.9402 said:

so you're saying you made the valk core build and you're a top player? i mean no doubt you're in the plat level and are good, but top player? nah. anybody who's decent knows this. but i think we both know you didn't make this build, it's been around far before you even picked up ranger. it just got better over the years due to axe buffs, marks weakness addition and amulet changes.

you are good though there's just a big difference between plat good and top level good -- but this is a conversation that essentially has no meaning i mean i think seriousness for this game's competitiveness flew out around 2014-ish - 2015ish.

in the long run most of plat will even have gizmos because the actually good players already have almost all of them and are bored so if you want to claim to be a top player, now's your best chance buddy.

aside from that though, admittedly i think you're right about the placement of the valk core build, i forgot we're talking about ranked carry, and for carrying with the valk core build it doesn't have enough impact. id place it actually at B or maybe A due to the fact that relying on teammates in ranked while you handle far is volatile. so good eye on that.

I’ve been plat3+ Level since season 5. Valk isn’t any better in tournaments than ranked

On 9/11/2020 at 12:22 PM, zyra.7860 said:

Hi, this is the recent "Class tier list"-made by highest ranked PvP-players. E-specs have included to tiers.

S tier (Meta) - Engi, Guard, RevA tier (Very good)- Necro, EleB tier - (Not good, not terrible) Thief, Ranger, MesmerC tier (Useless tier) - Warrior

https://tiermaker.com/create/guild-wars-2-elite-specs-and-core-classes-495497

My personal list. I agree with most of these except thief really. Teef decap is excellent, and not made for duels or team fights specifically. They have the best mobility and in the right hands are made to throw a team out of whack.

• Thanks 1

S Holo Daredevil            
A Scourge Deadeye Thief Weaver Mirage Renegade    
B Reaper Necro DragonHunter Guardian Tempest Chronomancer Herald Soulbeast
C Scrapper Engineer Mesmer Spellbreaker Druid Ranger    
D Firebrand Berserker Warrior Elementalist Revenant      

This is probably the realest tier list, and I avoided bias

• Like 1

Just now, Crab Fear.1624 said:
S Holo Daredevil            

I meant this in how they perform in expected roles.

Not desired roles...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:
S Holo Daredevil            

Core condi ranger is one of the strongest builds. It’s as bad as burn dh was but is more based on sustain