Jump to content
  • Sign Up

PvP class tier list [UPDATED]


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If we're talking ranked:   S - cmirage, d/p thief, dh, core ranger (valk variant),. nade holo (its hard to decide if this is still S or down to A now) A - pherald, soulbeast, core nec,

Can we please not bring elements of World of Warcraft and other MMO's into this amazing game.  In Guild Wars 1 there was no "Tier"  there was play and counter play.  People would design a team that se

This cant be real btw.   This reads like a necro main being so defensive at the current meta balance favoring their builds that they resurrect a year old thread to tell people its not worth

@Tharan.9085 said:

@Tharan.9085 said:Imagine thinking thief is B tier, how biased are you?

Thief is bad class, u cant win either engi, guard, rev, necro or ele in 1v1 if they equally skilled.

Thief isnt a 1v1 class btw

Well my cousin who is plat 2 invented thief build that is 1v1 and he says also thief is 1v1 class but weak in that role with current meta.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@zyra.7860 said:

@Tharan.9085 said:Imagine thinking thief is B tier, how biased are you?

Thief is bad class, u cant win either engi, guard, rev, necro or ele in 1v1 if they equally skilled.

Thief isnt a 1v1 class btw

Well my cousin who is plat 2 invented thief build that is 1v1 and he says also thief is 1v1 class but weak in that role with current meta.

Your cousin created an Off Meta build in mid tier, thief isnt a 1v1 class

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thief has it's own category and will always be meta because of it. even if become b tier.also thief can 1v1 just as much as everybody else, but you have to build for it like everybody else you can't just play high mobility gank builds and expect to 1v1 people.what makes thief not optimal for 1v1 only because stealth doesnt hold point.

here's more accurate tier, in terms of best build.

S ele (support tempest), engi (nade holo)A thief (d/p drd), rev (power), necro (reaper)A- guardian (symbol FB)B ranger (core LB/GS ranger), mesmer (carrion axe)C warrior(power spellbreaker)

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"zyra.7860" said:Hi, this is the recent "Class tier list"-made by highest ranked PvP-players. E-specs have included to tiers.

S tier (Meta) - Engi, Guard, RevA tier (Very good)- Necro, EleB tier - (Not good, not terrible) Thief, Ranger, MesmerC tier (Useless tier) - Warrior

To a degree I agree. Only reason why some feel Meta is because the ones that are suppose to counter them are Useless. Warrior can't 100blade that guy doing torment in peoples faces (every second is damage, 100b is BO BO BO BOOM)Warrior can't 100blade that guy that likes to build shroud then get in peoples face (no warrior to eat his shroud with his 100 blades)

I'm not sure what suggestions are here, but if you want to nerf that isn't the best route.BUFF the warrior and you'll see result.I aint talking about (oh make him cc more)I'm talking about what he was originally designed for.You get in his face stand next to him and just want to PBAE conditions on people.He's designed to MOP FLOOR with people who want to get close and stay in his face.

Notice your not so good, they all range, because people can get away with getting in your face and just do PBAE's.You need someone who eats PBAE's players for breakfast.Make Warrior Great Again

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tharan.9085 said:

@Tharan.9085 said:Imagine thinking thief is B tier, how biased are you?

Shortbow 5 and dash carries it. Take those away and it's useless in pvp cuz it cant really be a teamfighter.

But those skills exist so it is far from useless

You are stating the EXACT problem thief has.Two skills that make the class viable.Now that is a class worth playing!

With the exception of those two skills you call "OP" lets name a list of things that are the opposite of OP.

Auto attack: Thief has no cleaving potential at all. The thief can try but just ends up dieing BOT like AOE skills deal more dmg. The thief chases a target. but the enemy counterpressures running away deling twice the dmg a thief can do.

Backstab: idk about the cd but it is a mistake from the beginning it feels laggy. Dmg from bs in pvp is to laugh at. Only possbility of hitting a target is when it stands still.

Deadeye: Hahahahaha.Lets start with making DJ unblockable again as every other class has counter shit anyways.

Im done typing for these morons. Feel free to add more points

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"zyra.7860" said:Hi, this is the recent "Class tier list"-made by highest ranked PvP-players. E-specs have included to tiers.

S tier (Meta) - Engi, Guard, RevA tier (Very good)- Necro, EleB tier - (Not good, not terrible) Thief, Ranger, MesmerC tier (Useless tier) - Warrior

lol thief B tier. Guard S tier, my god, no. Tell this to any top10 player/best of the best AT team and see their reaction.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Grimjack.8130 said:S : Thief Ele EngiA : Necro RevB : Ranger GuardianC : MesmerD : Warriorin no particular order in the tiers for competitive gameplay@"zyra.7860" said:Hi, this is the recent "Class tier list"-made by highest ranked PvP-players. E-specs have included to tiers.

S tier (Meta) - Engi, Guard, RevA tier (Very good)- Necro, EleB tier - (Not good, not terrible) Thief, Ranger, MesmerC tier (Useless tier) - Warrior

What is this, an 1v1 tierlist? Because it has nothing to do with conquest that's for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tharan.9085 said:

@Tharan.9085 said:Imagine thinking thief is B tier, how biased are you?

Shortbow 5 and dash carries it. Take those away and it's useless in pvp cuz it cant really be a teamfighter.

But those skills exist so it is far from useless

Yup. It will always stay in meta just cuz of mobility. Sometimes i just go naked and only with a shortbow and 1 traitline. It's a little annoying tho. It's like you are playing a racing game not a fighting game. I wish anet could do somethin to it so we could become teamfighters too. For now we're just sprinting all over the place capping decapping. Well not for now.. but for the past like 5 years lol.

It's hard for those in WvW who are trying to roam and 1v1 though. Every class should have options for a 1v1 build. But in pvp yea.. just take shortbow5 and u r good to go.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dave.6819 said:

@Tharan.9085 said:Imagine thinking thief is B tier, how biased are you?

Shortbow 5 and dash carries it. Take those away and it's useless in pvp cuz it cant really be a teamfighter.

But those skills exist so it is far from useless

Yup. It will always stay in meta just cuz of mobility. Sometimes i just go naked and only with a shortbow and 1 traitline. It's a little annoying tho. It's like you are playing a racing game not a fighting game. I wish anet could do somethin to it so we could become teamfighters too. For now we're just sprinting all over the place capping decapping. Well not for now.. but for the past like 5 years lol.

It's hard for those in WvW who are trying to roam and 1v1 though. Every class should have options for a 1v1 build. But in pvp yea.. just take shortbow5 and u r good to go.

S/D beats every class 1v1 except condi druid.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Zawn.9647 said:imagine ranking thief in B :relaxed:a class that stealths for an eternity, teleports the entire map, bursts and interruptsand can use a condi spec that the only thing you need to do is press 3

seems a legit tier list LOLThief is S+ tier but is countered by the fact that it requires some thinking and the majority of thief players do not have that process unlocked and its effectiveness is downgraded to F tier. Majority of the people want thief nerfed out of existence not because it is OP but because they don't a thief on their team since that is like rolling dice if their thief will be winning the game or they will 4v5 the whole game.Basically thief has way too much power to control the game and fully undervalues the effort of the other 4 people since you can't cover for thieves like you can cover for other specks, cause thief has really unique position that nothing else can do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can people stop putting Ele in S tier? Playing support in ranked is one of the easiest ways to LOSE games and be incredibly frustrated. You will ALWAYS be dragged down by your weakest player(s) and not be able to carry them.

Put "Tempest" not "ele", as they are not the same, and tempest is absurdly overpowered(In AT's only!) due to shock aura and glyph.

Also, literally EVERY SINGLE tempest I fight in plat+(or play with) is earth and does less HPS than a pink moa.

@Vancho.8750 said:

@Zawn.9647 said:imagine ranking thief in B :relaxed:a class that stealths for an eternity, teleports the entire map, bursts and interruptsand can use a condi spec that the only thing you need to do is press 3

seems a legit tier list LOLThief is S+ tier but is countered by the fact that it requires some thinking and the majority of thief players do not have that process unlocked and its effectiveness is downgraded to F tier. Majority of the people want thief nerfed out of existence not because it is OP but because they don't a thief on their team since that is like rolling dice if their thief will be winning the game or they will 4v5 the whole game.Basically thief has way too much power to control the game and fully undervalues the effort of the other 4 people since you can't cover for thieves like you can cover for other specks, cause thief has really unique position that nothing else can do.

Most thieves play final destination 1v1 all game long with far.

Real tier list for RANKED based on how impactful the class/build is in solo/duo queue.

  • S: Thief, Power Rev, Eng(Scrapper or Holo), literally any Necro build including randomly picking traits with your eyes closed
  • A: Ranger, Guardian, Renegade
  • B: Warrior
  • C: Any ele build
  • Plasma dispenser: Mesmer
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bazsi.2734 said:

@Grimjack.8130 said:S : Thief Ele EngiA : Necro RevB : Ranger GuardianC : MesmerD : Warriorin no particular order in the tiers for competitive gameplay@"zyra.7860" said:Hi, this is the recent "Class tier list"-made by highest ranked PvP-players. E-specs have included to tiers.

S tier (Meta) - Engi, Guard, RevA tier (Very good)- Necro, EleB tier - (Not good, not terrible) Thief, Ranger, MesmerC tier (Useless tier) - Warrior

What is this, an 1v1 tierlist? Because it has nothing to do with conquest that's for sure.

How come, besides engi everything in S have limited v1 potential, like pretty sure that ele is tempest and thief inst a v1 class at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"Shiyo.3578" said:Can people stop putting Ele in S tier? Playing support in ranked is one of the easiest ways to LOSE games and be incredibly frustrated. You will ALWAYS be dragged down by your weakest player(s) and not be able to carry them.

Put "Tempest" not "ele", as they are not the same, and tempest is absurdly overpowered(In AT's only!) due to shock aura and glyph.

Also, literally EVERY SINGLE tempest I fight in plat+(or play with) is earth and does less HPS than a pink moa.

@Zawn.9647 said:imagine ranking thief in B :relaxed:a class that stealths for an eternity, teleports the entire map, bursts and interruptsand can use a condi spec that the only thing you need to do is press 3

seems a legit tier list LOLThief is S+ tier but is countered by the fact that it requires some thinking and the majority of thief players do not have that process unlocked and its effectiveness is downgraded to F tier. Majority of the people want thief nerfed out of existence not because it is OP but because they don't a thief on their team since that is like rolling dice if their thief will be winning the game or they will 4v5 the whole game.Basically thief has way too much power to control the game and fully undervalues the effort of the other 4 people since you can't cover for thieves like you can cover for other specks, cause thief has really unique position that nothing else can do.

Most thieves play final destination 1v1 all game long with far.

Real tier list for RANKED based on how impactful the class/build is in solo/duo queue.
  • S: Thief, Power Rev, Eng(Scrapper or Holo), literally any Necro build including randomly picking traits with your eyes closed
  • A: Ranger, Guardian, Renegade
  • B: Warrior
  • C: Any ele build
  • Plasma dispenser: Mesmer

Title doesn't say it's Ranked class tier list, just class tier list, tempest one of the best picks in organized gameplay

Link to post
Share on other sites

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

@zyra.7860 said:Hi, this is the recent "Class tier list"-made by highest ranked PvP-players. E-specs have included to tiers.

S tier (Meta) - Engi, Guard, RevA tier (Very good)- Necro, EleB tier - (Not good, not terrible) Thief, Ranger, MesmerC tier (Useless tier) - Warrior

lol thief B tier. Guard S tier, my god, no. Tell this to any top10 player/best of the best AT team and see their reaction.

Your opinion is not relevant. This list was made together in meeting of current 5 top players, so i guess we dont need your opinion here.

Ho? And who are these mighty top 5 players that put Thief in B tier?

Me, I,Yours truly,myself and the author.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...