karma farming?

weaponwh.9810

Wintersday is technically the most efficient way, as far as time spent, but it’s not available throughout the year.

If you’re trying to get obsidian shards, and looking for a farm that you can do anytime, farming unbound magic is the most efficient method by a fairly large margin. You can farm the unbound magic itself and/or convert the currencies into it.

LS3/4 dailies used to be a quick source for karma but Anet nerfed that.

Wintersday is good, but not the only way. You can farm events with many mobs on the livings story maps where you can buy the karmic retribution buff (like the pre event of the specimen chamber on sandswept islands), or you can do the living story daylies (4500 karma per daylie), fractals also give a good amount,...

@Pifil.5193 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:LS3/4 dailies used to be a quick source for karma but Anet nerfed that.

Yeah, they did nerf them when they changed it so that you only get dailies on a single map each day but they buffed the daily rewards at the same time. Now, doing any LS3/LS4 daily does give triple the rewards now including 4,500 karma.

The buff that they gave to a single map's dailies pales in comparison to what you used to be able to get for the time spent.

@weaponwh.9810 said:any idea which LSW 3/4 map worth to get karmic retribution for solo? also world boss or meta vs doing map event which is more efficient?

Sandswept Isles.

The Specimen Chamber meta on the south island has a pre-event that lasts 8 minutes and spawns enemies constantly. With tier 3 Karma Retribution, you can pull in 35k-45k karma per meta if you use an AoE tagging build. That meta goes approximately every hour, too, and it's one of the most consistent karma farms in the game so is still active over two years later.

@Zephire.8049 said:

@weaponwh.9810 said:any idea which LSW 3/4 map worth to get karmic retribution for solo? also world boss or meta vs doing map event which is more efficient?

I dunno about LW3 (because I wasn't even aware you could get karma buff on those) but here's my take on LW4:

Istan - Palawadan meta is good, but better for gold. (Great Hall is weaker but still nice if it happens to be on)Sandswept - Specimen meta is by far the best for karma, but bad for anything else and doesn't have a fixed start timer.Kourna - completely useless, because none of the mobs in the Plague meta drop anything at all. (why?)Jahai - Branded Shatterer meta is ok given that it doesn't take long, but I only tend to do this if it happens to be on.Thunderhead - doing both metas in succession gets you a decent amount of karma, but is extremely good for magic. (from map crystals and orb chains in between metas)Dragonfall - get on a keyfarm+meta squad and you'll be rolling in gold, karma and magic. Takes a long time, though.

@weaponwh.9810 said:whats easy and relative fast way to get karma? i'm bit short on it.

Festivals give a lot of Karma, but are not available all the time.

If you are an experienced raider, then doing raids is a fast and easy (depends on how good you are) way to get karma.You get around 1 million karma per month as a regular raider.