Petition to reveal ratings at end of PVP match

Raven.5362

I often feel I'm on a team that's mismatched, which I'm sure is many people's experiences. I'm constantly learning of course, and losing to learn, but I want to know the matchup at the end, to know the ratings of our team and their team.

Who else agrees? I know the more experienced players can tell if they're facing a platinum, but I think it would be just transparent to know.

@Raven.5362 said:I often feel I'm on a team that's mismatched, which I'm sure is many people's experiences. I'm constantly learning of course, and losing to learn, but I want to know the matchup at the end, to know the ratings of our team and their team.

Who else agrees? I know the more experienced players can tell if they're facing a platinum, but I think it would be just transparent to know.

add them as friends so you can see their rating in the friend list.

Mostly you can tell by your rating loss what their average was and that usually tells you whether you were outmatched from the start.

But composition matters just as much as ranking, so you might be in a blowout because they happened to get a better team for beating your side. Plenty of top rated players aren't mechanically or rotationally worse than their opponents, but end up losing because they couldn't overcome small advantages the other team had with their composition.

It's easy to say "lower rating auto lost" but unless the skill gap is massive I don't think it is as strong as getting a good composition. Better players may be able to swap classes to help their teams composition but in the end they are just one or two players and can't change the composition by that much (especially because you can't see what your teammates are running beyond their profession/elite) and one weapon set.

@Raven.5362 said:I often feel I'm on a team that's mismatched, which I'm sure is many people's experiences. I'm constantly learning of course, and losing to learn, but I want to know the matchup at the end, to know the ratings of our team and their team.

They wont do it, specially with the huge amount of golds in plat games. They qont do anything to show how bad or stretch thin their matchmaker is.

@Raven.5362 said:Actually I' m trying to determine how balanced the matchmaking system is. Not sure why there's so much hate about this request, like shouldn't we be striving for improving the system?

Yes we should, and as it was pointed out before, this wouldn't be an improvement. Some people would like it, some people would hate it, it could be used to fuel toxicity. It would also reveal how bad matchmaking is at some hours or the day, so there is absolutely no incentive to implement something like this.

Matched with lower ranks: I only lost because of those players.

Matched with higher ranks: I obviously carried..why is my rank not higher than theirs..something must be wrong.

Matched with the same rank: people here are terrible...my rank should be higher. These people are holding me back.

And more.

I can see it now.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:Matched with lower ranks: I only lost because of those players.

Matched with higher ranks: I obviously carried..why is my rank not higher than theirs..something must be wrong.

Matched with the same rank: people here are terrible...my rank should be higher. These people are holding me back.

And more.

I can see it now.

Add to that:

Matched with lower ranks: I am just gonna blame them even before the match even started. You know, anticipating.

Matched with higher ranks: Better not say anything or they will just jump on me...

No thanks to this. The idea is good, but in real life, this would have too many negative effects.

I don't think it would be terribly useful though. For example I am stuck at gold 2 at the moment, even though I used to play in plat2+ pretty consistently over the last 2 or 3 years. Got back into the game after a longer break, didn't really care for my rating (neither do I now tbh) and ye here I am. Playing over the weekends and later at the evening has always been a complete clownfiesta but due to my work schedule I can't really play at the prime times anymore.The other end of the spectrum is probably also true, a lot of people with minimal knowledge about how conquest works get carried by some flavour-of-the-month build and are in gold 3 even tho they belong in silver 3 or something.

Even if you'd see the rating you couldn't do anything about the defeat either and everybody has good or bad days and especially good or bad matchups against other classes/builds. Maybe someone simply can't handle matchups they are usually supposed to win or even vice versa.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:Matched with lower ranks: I only lost because of those players.

And more.

I can see it now.

matched with any rank : you are all trash silvers :joy:

@"saerni.2584" said:Mostly you can tell by your rating loss what their average was and that usually tells you whether you were outmatched from the start.

But composition matters just as much as ranking, so you might be in a blowout because they happened to get a better team for beating your side. Plenty of top rated players aren't mechanically or rotationally worse than their opponents, but end up losing because they couldn't overcome small advantages the other team had with their composition.

It's easy to say "lower rating auto lost" but unless the skill gap is massive I don't think it is as strong as getting a good composition. Better players may be able to swap classes to help their teams composition but in the end they are just one or two players and can't change the composition by that much (especially because you can't see what your teammates are running beyond their profession/elite) and one weapon set.

Well its not only the skill level with rotas , but also builds and low rank players don't really understand the importants of certain map metas and the strategy who goes where.

Well, such change would do 3 things:

• show that in higher ratings gold plays vs high plat/legend and somehow matchmaking decided that the first were supposed to win (see points lost).
  • due to first point one would see that matchmaking doesn't really work, most likely because community is very small... which would become VERY obvious
  • enforce toxicity. Even now i constantly get players in matches that flame other players for their ratings, i think it would get even worse is ratings for everyone were public.

At the end i am not sure what the change would bring - they won't do much for pvp. It is dead.