48 000 Burn Damage In 3 Seconds

Heisen.2315

@Stephen.6312 said:

In reality, no power build can maintain 15k dps over 3 seconds. Im not sure any can even reach 30k burst in 2 seconds.

Oh you can on some power builds. But those kinds of skill cycles are complex and difficult to land. In no way are nuclear power bursts nearly as easy to land successfully as nuclear condi bursts and that really defines the problem behind condi builds. It's not that condi builds are stronger than power, it's that they're just too easy to use.

Good point. Condi DPS doesn't require the same mechanical work rate as power DPS.

How so? Both require you to hit a target with a skill. The only difference is one skill is applying all the damage at once, while the other skill is applying that same damage over a set period of time. Just because burn Guard is stupid doesn't mean all condi damage builds are broken, just like an OP power damage build doesn't mean all power damage is broken.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Shaogin.2679 said:How so? Both require you to hit a target with a skill. The only difference is one skill is applying all the damage at once, while the other skill is applying that same damage over a set period of time. Just because burn Guard is stupid doesn't mean all condi damage builds are broken, just like an OP power damage build doesn't mean all power damage is broken.

This look normal to you?I have yet to meet any other condi class that comes close to 60k-80k burst damage. And it's all burning, lol.

Besides the point, you are still right, damage is universal even though condition damage and power damage has small differences. But ignoring the fact that condiFB (or any class with powercreep) is obviously broken is only going to make people dread it more. Anet hasn't done a proper balance patch in months.

@Shao.7236 said:

@Shao.7236 said:@melandru.3876 Elaborate on throwing your heal away.

Traps can also be strategically placed at the benefit of later while the cooldown is going down. Doesn't have to be right away, that goes very well in combination of Trapper rune for unseen ambushes or getting in the flank to kill some necro's wurm so they have nothing to back out of the Dragon's Maw in the first place.

It's easy to get 15 burns stack on a target that can't move, I did mention with all combined factors down the line, obviously SoJ can't applied so much by itself but that's not the only thing applying burning in here.

what is there to elaborate?you made the claim that the dh can port (from stealth) to an target and plant traps at his location (in stealth) to land his combo

i said: in order to get stealth, the dh has to actually put a trap beforehand to get the actual stealth, before he can port and put some traps reducing his combo UNLESSi went further, and went with your theoretical version of the dh aiming to plant both his offensive traps on target(from stealth) . in order to do that, he had to put his third and last trap which would be HEAL first, to get stealth, to then try to land his combothe dh, that is allready a glass cannon, now with his heal allready casted (rip active heal part) now has the high risk of the fight not going how he want to (smart player not falling to a predictable movement) and his heal is allready cast and not even guaranteed to be triggered (rip trap activation part)so all that is left is f2 for +- 3.9k heal. shield 5 for +- 1.3k heal and that's it.

if you can land 15 burn stacks on a single target then you 100% are playing in low, very low, divisions.

and i'll end this here, this is getting ridiculous

Dude, are you memeing? Carrion is not full glass canon, there is reliable sustain for what it is, guardian from the very basic always does. Would be considered glass if it was Destroyer/Grieving.

I asked to elaborate on why using a trap early is bad, it's a trap, you have no reason to hold on it when you can have another back to back not long after.

It's really easy to fall back to traps that are already set on DH, to say it's not viable setting a trap to use later while the next one could be ready after is laughable.

Most builds currently in 2v2 have little to no blocks, resistance or stability. It's easy to melt anything when knowing what they've already used as you can straight up Symbol of blade into dragon maw and use the hell out of them with everything you got while they can't escape.

I guess that playing on top of the board is still low divisions rofl, who would have hilariously known. Thanks for the compliment, I must be THAT good at the game even thought the build we are talking about is rated meta.

15 burns is not impossible to apply within the right plays, it never was uncommon to do so. Permeating Wrath is going to get nerfed soon anyway, mostly because it's stronger than it's PvE or WvW version anyway.

lmao "top of the board" yet nowhere to be found in top 250, good one

and what??no stability or resistance... the best setup right now is support tempest and necro mostly reaper but any necro build would worktell me that has no condi cleanse when tempest literally removes condi with nearly everything it does....

"labeled meta" yes by metabattle, where everyone can make builds and have their friends upvote it i would not really call that trustworthy..at best

i'm out of here, it hurts to much. keep losing to burn dh and ask for nerfs, i'll see you on the next thread when class x is deemed to strong

@Wuffy.9732 said:

@"Shaogin.2679" said:How so? Both require you to hit a target with a skill. The only difference is one skill is applying all the damage at once, while the other skill is applying that same damage over a set period of time. Just because burn Guard is stupid doesn't mean all condi damage builds are broken, just like an OP power damage build doesn't mean all power damage is broken.

This look normal to you?
I have yet to meet any other condi class that comes close to 60k-80k burst damage. And it's all burning, lol.

Besides the point, you are still right, damage is universal even though condition damage and power damage has small differences. But ignoring the fact that condiFB (or any class with powercreep) is obviously broken is only going to make people dread it more. Anet hasn't done a proper balance patch in months.

ahahahahahaa

a pve screen about a firebrand (what has that to do with dh??) that can get high numbers by using ashes of the just compared to dh who obviously can'thttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ashes_of_the_Just not once, but 3 times!

1 cast of ashes is 15 (3 stacks on 5 players) burn stacks, for free. it's pretty clear what multiple casts of this does, and how unrelated to dh that is

1) prestack boons as usual, f1 skill 5 for ashes of the just. renewed focus to reset f1. again f1 skill 5 for ashes of the just (second cast)2) press f at mistlock. swap out renewed focus for feel my wrath3) start the fight with 2 casts of ashes of the just allready on group4) follow rotation as usual

if anything in your complaint would be true, it's how overtuned resseting cooldowns with the mistlock is.anet is aware, if you have seen how they handled sunqua peaks where you can't prestack boons anymore (but you can still prestack skill effects like ashes of the just wink wink)

have you not seen the snow crows mursaat overseer record, where the "chosen" firebrand who was the lucky one to get the ashes of the just stacks from EVERYONE had 100k+ burn ticks

@melandru.3876 said:

Traps can also be strategically placed at the benefit of later while the cooldown is going down. Doesn't have to be right away, that goes very well in combination of Trapper rune for unseen ambushes or getting in the flank to kill some necro's wurm so they have nothing to back out of the Dragon's Maw in the first place.

It's easy to get 15 burns stack on a target that can't move, I did mention with all combined factors down the line, obviously SoJ can't applied so much by itself but that's not the only thing applying burning in here.

what is there to elaborate?you made the claim that the dh can port (from stealth) to an target and plant traps at his location (in stealth) to land his combo

i said: in order to get stealth, the dh has to actually put a trap beforehand to get the actual stealth, before he can port and put some traps reducing his combo UNLESSi went further, and went with your theoretical version of the dh aiming to plant both his offensive traps on target(from stealth) . in order to do that, he had to put his third and last trap which would be HEAL first, to get stealth, to then try to land his combothe dh, that is allready a glass cannon, now with his heal allready casted (rip active heal part) now has the high risk of the fight not going how he want to (smart player not falling to a predictable movement) and his heal is allready cast and not even guaranteed to be triggered (rip trap activation part)so all that is left is f2 for +- 3.9k heal. shield 5 for +- 1.3k heal and that's it.

if you can land 15 burn stacks on a single target then you 100% are playing in low, very low, divisions.

Dude, are you memeing? Carrion is not full glass canon, there is reliable sustain for what it is, guardian from the very basic always does. Would be considered glass if it was Destroyer/Grieving.

I asked to elaborate on why using a trap early is bad, it's a trap, you have no reason to hold on it when you can have another back to back not long after.

It's really easy to fall back to traps that are already set on DH, to say it's not viable setting a trap to use later while the next one could be ready after is laughable.

Most builds currently in 2v2 have little to no blocks, resistance or stability. It's easy to melt anything when knowing what they've already used as you can straight up Symbol of blade into dragon maw and use the hell out of them with everything you got while they can't escape.

I guess that playing on top of the board is still low divisions rofl, who would have hilariously known. Thanks for the compliment, I must be THAT good at the game even thought the build we are talking about is rated meta.

15 burns is not impossible to apply within the right plays, it never was uncommon to do so. Permeating Wrath is going to get nerfed soon anyway, mostly because it's stronger than it's PvE or WvW version anyway.

and what??no stability or resistance... the best setup right now is support tempest and necro mostly reaper but any necro build would worktell me that has no condi cleanse when tempest literally removes condi with nearly everything it does....

"labeled meta" yes by metabattle, where everyone can make builds and have their friends upvote it i would not really call that trustworthy..at best

i'm out of here, it hurts to much. keep losing to burn dh and ask for nerfs, i'll see you on the next thread when class x is deemed to strong

You're so out of touch. Up votes don't mean anything on Metabattle, curators decides if it's good or not and that's how it ends up with a rating.

Did you actually look for me? https://i.imgur.com/JeCL8Ab.png

It's all just going above your head from here, you seem unable to grasp how powerful it is to have Wards and this much burning at low effort, don't even know how build rating works AND you can't even conclude that you might be EU or didn't look properly at LB.

It just sounds so entitled and the way you actually treat me, so really. Yeah no hard feelings, have fun. I particularly don't have issues with Necro or Tempest, they're strong but far from unbeatable.

@Shao.7236 said:

You're so out of touch. Up votes don't mean anything on Metabattle, curators decides if it's good or not and that's how it ends up with a rating.

Did you actually look for me?

It's all just going above your head from here, you seem unable to grasp how powerful it is to have Wards and this much burning at low effort, don't even know how build rating works AND you can't even conclude that you might be EU or didn't look properly at LB.

It just sounds so entitled and the way you actually treat me, so really. Yeah no hard feelings, have fun. I particularly don't have issues with Necro or Tempest, they're strong but far from unbeatable.

so you are on na, not eudifferent meta

but by all means https://ibb.co/6w5mtHDtell me again how random users can't manipulate ratings(this is directly from the burn dh build)

@melandru.3876 said:

but by all means
tell me again how random users can't manipulate ratings(this is directly from the burn dh build)

You're confusing the "number" rating with the "badge" rating, the number is by all means done by users yes, what appears on the lists of Meta, Great and Good however are done via curating, not user rating.

@Shao.7236 said:

but by all means
tell me again how random users can't manipulate ratings(this is directly from the burn dh build)

You're confusing the "number" rating with the "badge" rating, the number is by all means done by users yes, what appears on the lists of Meta, Great and Good however are done via curating, not user rating.

that is correct, but they are more or less connected to each other in a way

higher rating builds attract more (casual players). making the build appear more often leading eventually to a meta tageven in the mat 2 days ago nearly every team we faced had 2 burn dh, which were a push over for our condi heralds

also the reason why burn dh is meta (it got the tag 2 days ago,n right after the mat) just because how common it is

@melandru.3876 said:

but by all means

higher rating builds attract more (casual players). making the build appear more often leading eventually to a meta tageven in the mat 2 days ago nearly every team we faced had 2 burn dh, which were a push over for our condi heralds

also the reason why burn dh is meta (it got the tag 2 days ago,n right after the mat) just because how common it is

Anything condi is a push over for Mallyx given you play with transfers, that doesn't mean DH ain't good enough.

Mallyx heavily relies on damage output of the player itself to fight back with.

You try and play without transfers you'll quickly notice the discrepancy show and that will affect all classes not just Condi Herald, besides that we have the fact that since Mallyx weaponizes everything, that indirectly buffs or nerfs it in the end. Mallyx no matter the state of conditions will always be right behind it because of that.

Given that you play that build, if those DH's have no counterpicks, they deserve to lose regardless for their lack have experience with the class to vary their approach, again doesn't mean the build is not good. We aren't in the days of untouchable Tetherbreaker anymore.

@Shao.7236 said:

but by all means

Anything condi is a push over for Mallyx given you play with transfers, that doesn't mean DH ain't good enough.

You try and play without transfers you'll quickly notice the discrepancy show and that will affect all classes not just Condi Herald, besides that we have the fact that since Mallyx weaponizes everything, that indirectly buffs or nerfs it in the end. Mallyx no matter the state of conditions will always be right behind it because of that.

Given that you play that build, if those DH's have no counterpicks, they deserve to lose regardless for their lack have experience with the class to vary their approach, again doesn't mean the build is not good. We aren't in the days of untouchable Tetherbreaker anymore.

oh i don't play condi herald. i am shoutbreaker, which in a way counters dh aswellnormally our heralds are power, but swap to condi when the fights seem condi heavy

and i'm not that positive on the need of having transfers, you cover plenty of resistance to largely negate any possible burn burstboth the heralds, and the spellbreaker have more then 1 source of resistance and most are group effects.

@melandru.3876 said:

but by all means

oh i don't play condi herald. i am shoutbreaker, which in a way counters dh aswellnormally our heralds are power, but swap to condi when the fights seem condi heavy

and i'm not that positive on the need of having transfers, you cover plenty of resistance to largely negate any possible burn burstboth the heralds, and the spellbreaker have more then 1 source of resistance and most are group effects.

With Rune of Resistance nerf coming, a lot of things will change again anyway.

@melandru.3876 said:

@"Shaogin.2679" said:How so? Both require you to hit a target with a skill. The only difference is one skill is applying all the damage at once, while the other skill is applying that same damage over a set period of time. Just because burn Guard is stupid doesn't mean all condi damage builds are broken, just like an OP power damage build doesn't mean all power damage is broken.

This look normal to you?
I have yet to meet any other condi class that comes close to 60k-80k burst damage. And it's all burning, lol.

ahahahahahaa

a pve screen about a firebrand (what has that to do with dh??) that can get high numbers by using ashes of the just compared to dh who obviously can't
not once, but 3 times!

1 cast of ashes is 15 (3 stacks on 5 players) burn stacks, for free. it's pretty clear what multiple casts of this does, and how unrelated to dh that is

1) prestack boons as usual, f1 skill 5 for ashes of the just. renewed focus to reset f1. again f1 skill 5 for ashes of the just (second cast)2) press f at mistlock. swap out renewed focus for feel my wrath3) start the fight with 2 casts of ashes of the just allready on group4) follow rotation as usual

if anything in your complaint would be true, it's how overtuned resseting cooldowns with the mistlock is.anet is aware, if you have seen how they handled sunqua peaks where you can't prestack boons anymore (but you can still prestack skill effects like ashes of the just wink wink)

have you not seen the snow crows mursaat overseer record, where the "chosen" firebrand who was the lucky one to get the ashes of the just stacks from EVERYONE had 100k+ burn ticks

The full 12 stack of ashes of the just might be the difference between 60k and 80k burst dmg but it is still a lot comparable to Soulbeast in PvE and this as condi build which is still absurd and this is not the only balance problem with it in PvE on many bosses the build does well or lot better then power build in the fractals like sirens reef, mai trin , deepstone , twilight oasis everywhere where small hitboxes a are thing and/or the boss running around(or you are forced to run around). = 30% to 100% more dmg. This also include some other cm bosses.

In PvP I tested it yesterday yes you are a glass canon but you can instantly melt your enemies if you partner has good cc.

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

This look normal to you?

ahahahahahaa

a pve screen about a firebrand (what has that to do with dh??) that can get high numbers by using ashes of the just compared to dh who obviously can't
not once, but 3 times!

The full 12 stack of ashes of the just might be the difference between 60k and 80k burst dmg but it is still a lot comparable to Soulbeast in PvE and this as condi build which is still absurd and this is not the only balance problem with it in PvE on many bosses the build does well or lot better then power build in the fractals like sirens reef, mai trin , deepstone , twilight oasis everywhere where small hitboxes a are thing and/or the boss running around(or you are forced to run around). = 30% to 100% more dmg. This also include some other cm bosses.

In PvP I tested it yesterday yes you are a glass canon but you can instantly melt your enemies if you partner has good cc.

lmao you said what makes it strong in your own post

siren reefmai trindeepstonetwilight

all have 1 thing in common: adds

killing an add that grants exp (which all the above have) resets f1 because of the trait https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Renewed_Justiceso once again AND FOR THE FINAL TIME ashes of the just is what makes fb strong

@melandru.3876 said:

This look normal to you?

ahahahahahaa

not once, but 3 times!

killing an add that grants exp (which all the above have) resets f1 because of the trait
so once again AND FOR THE FINAL TIME ashes of the just is what makes fb strong

and soulbeast, power soulbeast (and weaver) both burst 110k+ there is a reason why nearly every record is WITHOUT condi fb

lame quoted myself

Why the dickens are you talking about condi-FB in a PvP thread? Literally nobody plays this.

And, btw, hardly anyone is playing burn-DH at tournament level anymore either. You know why? Because any competent player with a bit of experience can easily counter that build. Go watch the 1 player who played it in EU-mAT getting farmed if you don't believe me. This whole thing was a fad that has already run its course at top level, give it another 5-6 months and the plebs will catch up too.

@melandru.3876 said:

This look normal to you?

ahahahahahaa

not once, but 3 times!

killing an add that grants exp (which all the above have) resets f1 because of the trait

and soulbeast, power soulbeast (and weaver) both burst 110k+ there is a reason why nearly every record is WITHOUT condi fb

lame quoted myself

This is not about what soulbeast can spike from 0.1% player base it about what an average cm player can do with it on a somewhat prolonged boss fight which is also a difference because cFb has even after the burst very high dps.

@Ragnar.4257 said:Why the dickens are you talking about condi-FB in a PvP thread? Literally nobody plays this.

And, btw, hardly anyone is playing burn-DH at tournament level anymore either. You know why? Because any competent player with a bit of experience can easily counter that build. Go watch the 1 player who played it in EU-mAT getting farmed if you don't believe me. This whole thing was a fad that has already run its course at top level, give it another 5-6 months and the plebs will catch up too.

The point for PvP is in the 2 vs 2 ranked atm your main goal is burn trough enemies life pool as fast as you can not to catch noded which require more sustain also you have aegis with you and renewed focus . Basically burn guard are very good at this.But what you are missing as cFB is cc and maybe might which in the 2 vs 2 you can coordinate with your pre-made partner on voice.

The point for 2vs2 it will never be balanced because the game balance was never intended for this kind of game mode as result the meta for this vastly different then for 5 vs 5 .

I also want to say don't trust metabattle on what is meta the PvP section became over the years a twitch fan base and people who put their sweet into new builds don't post their any more their builds because if they are good they will get nuked by Arena.NET in the next patch same goes for here or gw2mist and so on.

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

This look normal to you?

ahahahahahaa

not once, but 3 times!

lame quoted myself

This is not about what soulbeast can spike from 0.1% player base it about what an average cm player can do with it on a somewhat prolonged boss fight which is also a difference because cFb has even after the burst very high dps.

@Ragnar.4257 said:Why the dickens are you talking about condi-FB in a PvP thread? Literally nobody plays this.

The point for PvP is in the 2 vs 2 ranked atm your main goal is burn trough enemies life pool as fast as you can not to catch noded which require more sustain also you have aegis with you and renewed focus . Basically burn guard are very good at this.But what you are missing as cFB is cc and maybe might which in the 2 vs 2 you can coordinate with your pre-made partner on voice.

The point for 2vs2 it will never be balanced because the game balance was never intended for this kind of game mode as result the meta for this vastly different then for 5 vs 5 .

I also want to say don't trust metabattle on what is meta the PvP section became over the years a twitch fan base and people who put their sweet into new builds don't post their any more their builds because if they are good they will get nuked by Arena.NET in the next patch same goes for here or gw2mist and so on.

aha the mysterious burn dh with both elite trap and elite meditation

I honestly love the 'just clense 4 head' gang that always posts on these types of posts.

Ive had it before where someones teleported to me, stack 9 stacks of burning on me, which tick for ~5,000 damage. at that point you have 4 seconds to live, or 2 depending on what class you are.

Now please, explain how you are meant to react and dodge a teleport that you can not see coming. Yes you can clense (but lets face it thats like telling homeless people to just buy a home.) What if your clense is a stunbreak, or you used it 2s ago while fighting someone else?

At least with power damage, you need to be constantly making contact, you may also need setup weapons or skills.... And you can react to the skills, the bigger attacks usually have the bigger animations... which is not the case with a lot of condi attacks, Ive never been one for condi damage being in this game, especially when its not balanced correctly per class and against the power damage co.

@"Smoosh.2718" said:I honestly love the 'just clense 4 head' gang that always posts on these types of posts.

Ive had it before where someones teleported to me, stack 9 stacks of burning on me, which tick for ~5,000 damage. at that point you have 4 seconds to live, or 2 depending on what class you are.

Now please, explain how you are meant to react and dodge a teleport that you can not see coming. Yes you can clense (but lets face it thats like telling homeless people to just buy a home.) What if your clense is a stunbreak, or you used it 2s ago while fighting someone else?

At least with power damage, you need to be constantly making contact, you may also need setup weapons or skills.... And you can react to the skills, the bigger attacks usually have the bigger animations... which is not the case with a lot of condi attacks, Ive never been one for condi damage being in this game, especially when its not balanced correctly per class and against the power damage co.

So are we to assume you're talking about the trapper Burn DH build, since you said "teleport that you can not see coming" ?

And if so, will you please link the teleport skill on that build that applies 9 stacks of burning instantly? Because I can tell you now there isn't one. If you've got 9 stacks from a DH, it means you've eaten all 4 hits from a SoJ and at least 12 other hits from symbols/autos/traps. That isn't instant is it..... that'll take several seconds to ramp up and if you eat it all you'd die against anything else in that scenario too.

And even if you're not talking about that build, will you explain how "it can kill you fast if you've already used your defensive cooldowns fighting someone else" doesn't apply to, say, Rev/Ren, or Holo, or Thief or Reaper or Soulbeast or..... etc

You're probably going to say that they need to hit you more than once. So again, I ask, please link the guardian skill that applies 9 stacks of burning instantly.

@Smoosh.2718 said:I honestly love the 'just clense 4 head' gang that always posts on these types of posts.

so you had a 1v1 and got +1'd by a burn dh, what did you really expect to happen?

that +1 could be herald, thief, mesmer or holo and the outcome would be the same. you dead on the ground

As i say in other post I propose one trade off for burn guard : it keep is insane flamme but it can only do one evade or use one weapon xD

Jk but lets face one fact :

Being instakill by grenade barrage was unfun , same explosive entranceBeing killed by 'mirage bombing was nerfedCondi Trap ranger was tonedElem osbidian flesh too .. Etc

So if people think it's unfair, braindead and unfun to play against it can be a least talk to give an alternative to other opponent ? A counterplay

What is the counter play when the opponent can insta kill you and TP and bump / grab/ and control then go stealth or invul .../ aegis / protection ...

When you play thief or war or every medium/short armor classes ?

It's a real question

@thundermarch.5643 said:As i say in other post I propose one trade off for burn guard : it keep is insane flamme but it can only do one evade or use one weapon xD

Being instakill by grenade barrage was unfun , same explosive entranceBeing killed by 'mirage bombing was nerfedCondi Trap ranger was tonedElem osbidian flesh too .. Etc

So if people think it's unfair, braindead and unfun to play against it can be a least talk to give an alternative to other opponent ? A counterplay

What is the counter play when the opponent can insta kill you and TP and bump / grab/ and control then go stealth or invul .../ aegis / protection ...

It's a real question

Ummm..... .literally any class if played by someone smart?

Go and watch mAT and see burn-DH getting killed 1v1 over and over and over.

I do it myself all the time. I am GLAD when I see burn-DH on other team, because I know I can kill it 1v1 with only 1 hand. All you have to do is wait out the stealth, because the DH can't chain it forever, only 9s max, then pressure from range without walking into traps. And save a block/invuln/evade/teleport for if it teleport-Maw on to you. That's it. That's literally all it takes.

The fact that you personally cannot do it, does not mean that nobody can do it.

Burn-DH is a noob-stomper, that's all it is. If you're getting stomped by it, guess what......

@thundermarch.5643 said:As i say in other post I propose one trade off for burn guard : it keep is insane flamme but it can only do one evade or use one weapon xD

It's a real question

the counterplay has been said a million timesit's counter is ranged pressure. power shortbow renegade makes short work off burn dh

it's second counter is lack of sustain. it has very limited condi cleanses making it lose to core necro and the likes

it's third and last counter is lack of stunbreaks, you only have 1.

and it's outplayed by anything that has mobility