Amulets need to go

HokenPWNZ.7628

@HokenPWNZ.7628 said:

@"TheQuickFox.3826" said:No amulets. No stats. Give melee characters a stick and shield and ranged characters a bunch of stones. Fixed.

I mean "amulet system" is outdated. Let the ppl be free to build their characters

You have WvW for that. Find a duel spot, or buy an Armstice Bastion pass and join the free for all in the arena there.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@"TheQuickFox.3826" said:No amulets. No stats. Give melee characters a stick and shield and ranged characters a bunch of stones. Fixed.

I mean "amulet system" is outdated. Let the ppl be free to build their characters

You have WvW for that. Find a duel spot, or buy an Armstice Bastion pass and join the free for all in the arena there.

Why do we need spvp then?

@HokenPWNZ.7628 said:

Easier to balance with the current system. Due to the limited resources Anet has, and how well they're currently doing with them according to other players, expanding the options in that manner probably wouldn't be best for the game mode.

@HokenPWNZ.7628 said:

Structure, hence the amulet system. It is a simplified system designed to get a build put together quickly and easily from the beginning. The only problem is that the balance team has a history of removing perfectly fine amulets in order to 'balance' certain builds rather than apply proper balance to the builds in question.

@Khalisto.5780 said:

yes, toughness vit healing power builds, wins who gets a full cap first

Buff poison then. Its just stupid... Remove to balance! Clap clap clap

@HokenPWNZ.7628 said:

Yeah, it would be wonderful to have free build crafting again like PvE and WvW has. Where you can have different stats on different items.PvP attribute point numbers still can be different from the rest of the game. For example, celestial stats may have different numbers in sPvP than in PvE if that is needed for the balance of the sPvP game type.

brother degenerate u mean? Kappa

I don't understand you.

I use translator =(

I guess that is why I did not get what you meant with the start post.I thought you just wanted to remove the amulets with nothing to replace it. Which would be a bad idea.But if you actually suggest to remove the amulets and in place of it go back to a fully customizable gear system like PvE and WvW has, then I'm all for it.

And again, with this system ANet can still nerf attribute combinations in PvP only to adjust balance in this game type while leaving the stats unchanged in the rest of the game. This would allow for far more build creativity and allow players to more easily counter the cookie cutter builds we see in abundance now.

What I really think we need is more variety. They can purposely nerf or not bring in ones that are gonna be op.We have ones that people almost never use like marshals and no one would use a power variant of marshals- though I’d love to have it.

Just add more and keep needing and removing toxic broken ones until game is balanced with as much variety as possible

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Structure, hence the amulet system. It is a simplified system designed to get a build put together quickly and easily from the beginning. The only problem is that the balance team has a history of removing perfectly fine amulets in order to 'balance' certain builds rather than apply proper balance to the builds in question.Wish they just lock amulets/runes/sigils per class or per elite or something instead of shanking it for everyone.

@HokenPWNZ.7628 said:

The amulet system was implemented because they couldn't balance the game with people building statwise as they pleased. I hate the way they are handling balance (as in something is broken? remove an amulet), but the amulet system is a good thing. Letting players stacking stats freely would result in absolute mayhem without a huge sweeping balance patch.

@Vancho.8750 said:

Structure, hence the amulet system. It is a simplified system designed to get a build put together quickly and easily from the beginning. The only problem is that the balance team has a history of removing perfectly fine amulets in order to 'balance' certain builds rather than apply proper balance to the builds in question.Wish they just lock amulets/runes/sigils per class or per elite or something instead of shanking it for everyone.

No, Vancho, that isn't a solution. The balance team needs to be more proactive with their PvP/WvW/PvE splits. Balance is a moving target I know, but the balance team needs to be more proactive. They do need to listen somewhat to the forum QQ, some of it is justified but not all of it, and they also need to have the foresight to see how OP combinations of traits and stats can happen. They really need one person working on each class across the game modes with the goal of making sure said class is viable, with a variety of playstyles, but not broken in all the game modes. They just don't seem to have that manpower though.

if you could allocate stats in small +100 chunks but have a hard cap on all stats from amulet only then it would work out fine. certain combos should be discouraged but not impossible, like minstrel or dire. instead of a standard +1k +1k +500 +500 it could be hard capped at -200 or even -300 when the system realizes what you're up to. same thing with dire, give it -400 total stats so they have to put some into power or something.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:if you could allocate stats in small +100 chunks but have a hard cap on all stats from amulet only then it would work out fine.

3,000 stat cap. Nice idea. Port that over to Legendary gear in PvE/WvW with an extra 300 stats (roughly the amount from full Berserker gear) and you have a winner. You could get some very interesting combinations out of that and Anet wouldn't have to roll out new attribute combinations.