PvP Classes 7 years Later

Leeric.4726

Power and condi rangers are coming back.

Burst core guards are as frustrating to deal with as they were before

Chronomancer is the best option of the 3 but I've seen a few good Mirages. For this class, either your unstoppable or just laughable

Spellbreakers are a great option

Power Herald is pretty dead in my opinion. Renegades are only good for range +1. Which works if you know good positioning

Core Thieves and daredevils are as ganky/decappy as they always were. Nothing new. But I rarely win games when paired with a deadeye. Not a good range option

Holos are secretly OP

All kinds of Necro builds have been meta and the class as a whole will stay that way even after EOD

Last but not least, Ele's. Weavers are decent sidenoders. Tempests are a good support but they honestly can't carry games. And core needs a buff.

@Stallic.2397 said:Power and condi rangers are coming back.

Chronomancer is the best option of the 3 but I've seen a few good Mirages. For this class, either your unstoppable or just laughable

Power Herald is pretty dead in my opinion. Renegades are only good for range +1. Which works if you know good positioning

Core Thieves and daredevils are as ganky/decappy as they always were. Nothing new. But I rarely win games when paired with a deadeye. Not a good range option

Holos are secretly OP

All kinds of Necro builds have been meta and the class as a whole will stay that way even after EOD

Last but not least, Ele's. Weavers are decent sidenoders. Tempests are a good support but they honestly can't carry games. And core needs a buff.

????????????????

@Math.5123 said:

Holos are secretly OP

????????????????

Say Whaaaaaaa????????????????????????????????

Holos are secretly OP

So true about deadeyes. The best I've seen have been the ones that really just kind of stay missing the whole match and solely focus on +1'ing people that are trying to disengage from a fight. Other than that, they're usually dead weight. They might get plenty of kills and feel like they're being productive, but in a cap based game mode that doesn't really help.

I think a rework of the kneeling functionality would help. Having a cast time and some abilities requiring kneeling for max potential is just dumb. It's not even fun to play in pve. I'm not really sure what the point of this profession was outside of trolling in wvw....

Holos are secretly OP

This is a decent breakdown. I agree with most things.

Condi Soulbeast was very potent last year even, with several of these in top 100. Probably one of the best duelists and side noders in the game, but it wasn't popular. I made it to low P3 before taking a break from the game. I wouldn't call it a comeback, but the Rev nerfs have made this spec so much stronger.

Spellbreaker is a sleeper. They will wreck when people learn how important CC is this meta. They should be the answer to necros.

Holos are slightly overtuned but much more manageable compared to last year. Not sure if they got any nerfs, but it feels like it.

There's a nasty condi burst Mirage build that I've seen a few people play effectively. It has a higher skill floor.

@Bast.7253 said:

Holos are secretly OP

So true about deadeyes. The best I've seen have been the ones that really just kind of stay missing the whole match and solely focus on +1'ing people that are trying to disengage from a fight. Other than that, they're usually dead weight. They might get plenty of kills and feel like they're being productive, but in a cap based game mode that doesn't really help.

I think a rework of the kneeling functionality would help. Having a cast time and some abilities requiring kneeling for max potential is just dumb. It's not even fun to play in pve. I'm not really sure what the point of this profession was outside of trolling in wvw....

Tbh if theyre kneeling, theyre already playing the class wrong. You ignore kneeling on DE outside of PvE, the best skill is unkneeled Rifle 2, Skirmishers Shot (it does the highest damage and cripples and gives swiftness and is initiative efficient for maleficent 7). But yeah, kneeling should be reworked.

Necromancer or Ranger have the highest reward in term of lowest effort in most builds due to their mechanics relatively being unchanged.

Necromancer Lifeforce has seen some tweaks however still need more but their ability to output conditions that overwhelms anything that's not fully kitted for conditions is unchanged, it's easy as a Necromancer to win fights over most professions that had their condition clearing changed and nerf, Necromancer wasn't.

Ranger pets have seen little to no change at the start and needed so much attention since they had really broken combinations, some have had their co-efficient changed but it's not enough, some cooldown should be higher to balance how sustain was affected for everything else. Pets in most cases are pretty much the same which takes over the newer stats that are weaker.

One of the most notable things that carries any Ranger build right now is; Smoke Cloud cooldown is extremely low and makes disengaging/repositioning with the rest of a Ranger kit absolutely overpowered, should be at least 30 seconds.

Another one would be how Binding Roots works which breaks the game in so many ways with their pulses that are too quick for players to move out or have effective use of their traits/skills. It should have 2 seconds of Immobilize every 2 seconds instead of 1 second every 1 second.