New map for last episode?

@Susy.7529 said:Tomorrow it's trailer release day, so we'll see.

I wish for a new map as well but I think we'll only get more DRMs...

One more faction to come yet (today), so at least a fortnight before the final chapter. And DRM's are done, the only chance of a new map IMO (from what I read a while back) is an extension to EoTN.

@Zaraki.5784 said:Though I don't recognize the place shown, no new map is advertised so it's safe to assume no new map in the last episode too.I must admit I'm disappointed by IBS, but at least now we should get EoD infos soon.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Yeah, it doesn't look like there's a new map, per se.

Kind of hard to tell how this new encounter works.

No subtitles "New map" doesn't mean there is no new map. Does anyone here remember dragonfall? Because the spoil was in map name, they never said map name and released the episode to let us discover what it was.

Just put yourselves at the dev place, if the map is called Frost and Flame battleground? Would you say it? NO even if it is obvious what is the next place.

Well will continue hoping, but it seems that the release page doesn't point at a new map too, sad.

kryzWrM.jpg

Let's take a look on how dragon related maps are spread around tyria:1-You always have a map that introduce you the threat, but you have second objectives like help locals.2-Then a map where the foe has a foothold, ton of camps, and where you feel like you are entering it's circle of influence.3-Thirdly a map, where the menace is everywhere, and you struggle to survive, allied camp are rares and made of scraps, hard to bring reinforcements and supplies.4-Finally a domain map, where you a face a major champion/ legendary of the associated dragon.

Jormag made its time, and it is totally possible now, to have a map, that is the domain map, where jormag hide, that's why primordius come out of the ground after swimming in the underground to reach it.

Primordius on its side never had development and it would be a waste to end its arc, lore, developmeent now. There are NO map introducing clearly Primordius domain, the pact having hard time to reach it through dwarven or asura undergrounds nor a place we have hard time to survive facing destroyers. We only have draconic mons and ember bay, which are in fact introducing maps, because in one you halp the druids, and in the other you help the skritts and some random asura scientists.

This is a No No situation to kill Primordius right now, the trailer let the suspence on, on purpose, not showing who lose.

And I perfectly understand, because If I see jormag win and primordius losing, I stop playing, don't buy cantha expansion and stop playing. Nothing less than that. They already butchered enough Dwarves by bringing them out of nowhere without context. Steel warband was such a good start with the stone summit.

Stone summit, Btw, where are they now? Shouldn't we see them fighting along Braham? You see, that story isn't even consistent.

@hugo.4705 said:

@Zaraki.5784 said:Though I don't recognize the place shown, no new map is advertised so it's safe to assume no new map in the last episode too.I must admit I'm disappointed by IBS, but at least now we should get EoD infos soon.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Yeah, it doesn't look like there's a new map, per se.

No subtitles "New map" doesn't mean there is no new map. Does anyone here remember dragonfall? Because the spoil was in map name, they never said map name and released the episode to let us discover what it was.

S4E6 is just my meter (

).Putting aside the trailer itself (which is 100 times better music-wise and emotion-wise than today's one, but that's just my taste), min 1:58 trailer explicitly says "new map" not map's name to avoid spoilers as you also say, only "new map". Today's trailer doesn't even do that, make your own conclusions.

@Zaraki.5784 said:

S4E6 is just my meter (
).Putting aside the trailer itself (which is 100 times better music-wise and emotion-wise than today's one, but that's just my taste), min 1:58 trailer explicitly says "new map" not map's name to avoid spoilers as you also say, only "new map". Today's trailer doesn't even do that, make your own conclusions.

It do however say that the last fight is a open world event since anyone can join while the event is active but also a strike mission you can make a squad for it.Might be on an old map tho.EditI do hope they dont mean that anyone can join is the public instanced version.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/april-27-2021/

Head to Eye of the North to face the challenging world boss version of this encounter—anyone can join while the event is active, or you can form a squad to start your own instance at any time.

@Zaraki.5784 said:

S4E6 is just my meter (

SIGH gonna tell the same thing here. A new place in an instance is a new map to me. Why arguing. Maybe for you a map is necessarely with quests, poi and so on. To me, a new place in an instance, like FARAHNUR, RATA PRIMUS CUBE, WHITE MANTLE hideout in the north of brisban wildlands is also maps.GOD of course it doesn't say new map, if the map is the DRM or strike!!!!

@hugo.4705 said:

S4E6 is just my meter (

A new place in an instance is a new map to me. Why arguing. Maybe for you a map is necessarely with quests, poi and so on. To me, a new place in an instance, like FARAHNUR, RATA PRIMUS CUBE, WHITE MANTLE hideout in the north of brisban wildlands is also maps.

You got it, to me a "map" is necessarily with quests, poi, vistas, etc....To each his own I suppose.

@Zaraki.5784 said:

S4E6 is just my meter (

A new place in an instance is a new map to me. Why arguing. Maybe for you a map is necessarely with quests, poi and so on. To me, a new place in an instance, like FARAHNUR, RATA PRIMUS CUBE, WHITE MANTLE hideout in the north of brisban wildlands is also maps.

You got it,
to me
a "map" is necessarily with quests, poi, vistas, etc....To each his own I suppose.

Not just for you but for Anet too, because they never referred to Fahranur (or similar places) as "maps" in trailers or official statements.Maps in PvE must contain many players (50+), multiple events, different areas, being alway accessible (not only in an instance/story), etc. That's what a map is. Other places are only instanced content for 1-10 players (like raids/fractals/dungeons), nothing more than that!

@Zaraki.5784 said:

S4E6 is just my meter (

You got it,
to me
a "map" is necessarily with quests, poi, vistas, etc....To each his own I suppose.This is the correct take.Likening the value of Istan to that of Farahnur in terms of it's long term impact on gameplay is farcical at best.One of these is a Map, with it's established set of features like PoI's, Vistas, Event chains and exploration ect.The other is just an instance made to convery the game's narrative.I've spent many hours in Istan doing things like working on the Meteroites, doing the Palawadan meta, gathering kralkatite ect...I've been to Farahnur 3 times for a linear story based experience that lasts a half hour each time.They aren't the same thing at all.

im fine with either/any.

i don't mind if we get a new zone to play in or if it's a long instance like Forging Steel or we just use what we have in the current open world.

my only wish is that the last episode delivers well and would put a decent closure to the icebrood saga.

@keenedge.9675 said:I expect a new map.

We have 4 more mastery points to get and the related experience.

A new map would be a fitting conclusion to the mustering of the forces.

Seems extremely unlikely based on what we saw in the trailer

At best, what we'll get is an instance or more of modified current content similar to what they did with Lake Doric and Bloodtide Coast

It may even be a wholly new area but it's almost certainly going to be a party instance, not an explorable overworld map

I'm guessing it will be an instant somewhere in the Shiverpeaks, most likely outside the Eye of the North, as many of us have predicted, based on the terrain similarity , where we've been rallying allies, and as a common meeting point of the three dragons. To me, the mechanics seem to be similar to strike missions where you can join a public or squad instant. Although I do wonder if they would be able to technically pull off opening the Eye of the North as both a hub and as an explorable area portion for a regular world boss type battle simultaneously, but I really doubt this would be easy/feasible to do so.

@Poormany.4507 said:I'm guessing it will be an instant somewhere in the Shiverpeaks, most likely outside the Eye of the North, as many of us have predicted, based on the terrain similarity , where we've been rallying allies, and as a common meeting point of the three dragons. To me, the mechanics seem to be similar to strike missions where you can join a public or squad instant. Although I do wonder if they would be able to technically pull off opening the Eye of the North as both a hub and as an explorable area portion for a regular world boss type battle simultaneously, but I really doubt this would be easy/feasible to do so.

When they say the Eye, I'm certain they either mean the area outside of it which we can't access because Anet deleted the doors or the interior will be part of the joinable instance while the pseudo-town will remain as is