Improving the World vs. World Reward Structure

schokelmei.8271

@Salt Mode.3780 said:

@"Kondor.2904" said:But pvp game modes are not the main modes in the game, PvE is. And I'm pretty sure guild wars has quite a generous system, compared to other games, that lets pvp players obtain a lot of things without stepping into pve.

This is very much false. GW2 had advertise their game in the beginning solely on WvW aspect. The action combat was made for a PvP style game not PvE, in fact early on their PvE was so weak that almost no one did them, why do you think dungeons are dead. Thing is ANET decided to cop out and instead of trying to work more on their unique part of the game they decided to invest more time into PvE which is what you have now.The whole action combat is PvP based not PvE.

Mate, WvW has not been updated in literally years. Every content update which happens around every 2 months is PvE oriented, mostly story or open world, most of the guild chats talk about PvE related development stuff. But yeah, gw2 is a pvp oriented game, kappa. Like I said you can have any opinion you like, but the facts are that the main target audience of the game is casual story oriented PvE players. Despite how great combat system is, how well thought the pvp aspect is, yada yada. Throughout the years gw2 has become nothing but a casual PvE theme park.

You mean the 5-8 minute queue in Spvp at 04am on EU? Really punishing, ofc. Or being able to do dailies without even participating in PvP?Why would you cripple your stats by using "inferior food"? Would you do the same in raids? I don't do this. I play this game by trying to improve myself and support my server/guild/the people I play with. This may work in a pve environment with all strangers around you where nobody cares for each other but looting a dragon chest. And even there I'd show up with an optimal build, buffed and prepared.

I'm not asking for the right of getting 10g per lootbag, just a reasonable increase in rewards based on playtime as in "A guaranteed ascended chest with diamond chest once per week" (which could be the Grandmaster Mark instead) and a better gold/time ratio.

Long q's are punishing to your g/h, I don't really get what you are arguing with.

Again, you can use whatever consumables/boosters/items you like, the fact is that you can earn gold the amount of gold I stated. Just like you can invest in combat efficiency to gain combat advantage, you can rather opt to gain g/h efficiency by using less expensive food and "farm" gold when you need money. I don't see any reason to compensate you those particular personal expenses.

The same applies to PvE, if you spend money on food/tonics/boosters, it affects you g/h.

Your Queensdale comparison is a bit disingenuous, you're comparing a low level are to an endgame content. Raids vs WvW is a much better comparison if you have to compare it to something. If you enjoy farming Queensdale, that's your thing, but since this is not endgame content, you're willingly going into it knowing that your rewards will pale in comparison if you did 80+ ones. That's your informed decision.

Please don't make WvW look more hardcore that it is, average WvW player is easier to kill than 80lvl Bandit Champion and a Legendary Executioner in Queensdale. But if you want to insist, I also mentioned "endgame" stuff, like bounties or hotjoin dueling.

PvE is not revolving solely around gold farms either. But that's kind of the point of most mmorpgs, no ? You have the best areas for gold acquisition, where everyone has to go to to earn money, and then you have the actual game areas that are less rewarding but more entertaining.

Also, you're incorrect about ascended acquirement (and for the record, we're talking about exclusive WvW players here).You get 3 grandmaster shards per week. You need 30 - 40 grandmaster shards (3-4 grandmaster marks) for 1 peice. That's 6-9 months of WvW playing for *one ascended piece. 9 months for 1 ascended piece. You need two if you're going to salvage one for balls of dark energy requried for WvW legendary. That's 18 months of playing, not mentioning other stuff that's required.Your more than 1 piece of ascended per 3 months scenario is only viable if you heavily invest time into WvW for diamond each week, plus heavily invest time into PvE as well. That's a lot more time than most people have.

I also don't get why you're only counting grandmaster marks. By earning 7g/h you can craft more than 3 ascended pieces per 3 months. You can buy all the mats from tp, including the components for the missing grandmaster marks.

PvE players can solo farm. DRMs are soloable and there's even openworld solo farms. See the Fast Farming site.

Yeah, you're right about the solo farms, I didn't think of those. I suppose PvE does win that one.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Kondor.2904 said:

@Kondor.2904 said:But pvp game modes are not the main modes in the game, PvE is. And I'm pretty sure guild wars has quite a generous system, compared to other games, that lets pvp players obtain a lot of things without stepping into pve.

This is very much false. GW2 had advertise their game in the beginning solely on WvW aspect. The action combat was made for a PvP style game not PvE, in fact early on their PvE was so weak that almost no one did them, why do you think dungeons are dead. Thing is ANET decided to cop out and instead of trying to work more on their unique part of the game they decided to invest more time into PvE which is what you have now.The whole action combat is PvP based not PvE.

Mate, WvW has not been updated in literally years. Every content update which happens around every 2 months is PvE oriented, mostly story or open world, most of the guild chats talk about PvE related development stuff. But yeah, gw2 is a pvp oriented game, kappa. Like I said you can have any opinion you like, but the facts are that the main target audience of the game is casual story oriented PvE players. Despite how great combat system is, how well thought the pvp aspect is, yada yada. Throughout the years gw2 has become nothing but a casual PvE theme park.

Again if you had read my whole post instead of cherry picking you will realize I did say they cop out and decided to work on PvE more, and I would agree with you for the "casual PvE theme park" if it wasn't for the fact that raids were introduced with DPS meters/specific builds needed to run OPTIMAL dps.

@"XenesisII.1540" said:This is why we can't/don't deserve nice things in wvw.

Well if players are going to constantly be self defeating and against any improvement (and this community is extremely self defeating at times), then nothing will ever happen because apparently no one wants things to be better.

I've seen this happen also when people suggest performance improvements, optimisations, UI fixes and other.

The result is always the same: "Anet has no resources, sphagetti code, X reason why that would be bad and i'd rather they work on something else"...Anet doesn't have to go to the forums and explain any bad thing this game has, we do that for them and accept that it will never change. :tongue:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:This is 2021. The game has changed since it first came out. Yes, it is mainly pve oriented. Pve brings revenue.Good talk.

PvE only goes so far before people get bored of the same mechanics being rehashed with shiny effects, this is more so esp with a PvE game giant like FFXIV, but hey content right?I mean doing the same boss fighting the same thing doing the same rotation having the same people day in and day out is so much excitement I can hardly contain myself.Honestly I don't understand what kind of revenue you expect from a free to play into a one time purchase game model. Hardcore PvErs are rich enough to not need to spend cash to get gems for cosmetics. In terms of the gemstore it benefits both PvPers and PvErs because nothing makes you stronger and its all quality of life things so again "Pve brings revenue" is the most absurd statement and quite condescending.

@"Junkpile.7439" said:Some cool exclusive wvw stuff every 100 ranks or something. Anet won't do it because pveeers get mad if they won't get every skin in game.Mist Lord's weapons were made available to PvP along with mistforged obsidian and so were warlord's armor boxes. I suspect any future sets that aren't recolors will be lumped into "competitive" rather than split. The only things really exclusive to WvW are Conflux, Warbringer, mistforged triumphant / triumphant hero armor, and mistforged hero weapons / hero weapons.

I'd be happy if they reintroduced a prestige level set for 2000 WvW rank, mistforged with dyeable aura and more dyeable areas.Did you know the WvW mistforged armor set has only one dye channel for light armor boots? That's rather pathetic.

In September 2020 , the Endless Potion of Ascalonian Mages was added which requires skirmish tickets. So they have added minor things this past year besides Conflux in March 2020.

When God of WvW title was introduced I was surprised they didn't give the 10K rank players an Eternity legendary greatsword.

Major releases :2017 = Warbringer , initial obsidian weapons, Mistforged Triumphant armor set for WvW --- keep in mind Path of Fire expansion was released in September 2017 shortly after2018 = additional Obsidian & Mistforged obsidian weapons for PvP/WvW2019 = Mist Lord's weapons for PvP/WvW , Warclaw , Armistice Bastion pass2020 = Warlord's armor set , Conflux , Potion of Ascalonian Mages , God of WvW title2021 / 2022 = ? --- End of Dragons expansion

A WvW trinket would be a great addition for example since there's no way to get a no-effect legendary accessory trinket right now (Mist Talisman to be used as precursor). We have armor, weapons (TP easily if not PvEing), ring, backpiece.

@Salt Mode.3780 said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:This is 2021. The game has changed since it first came out. Yes, it is mainly pve oriented. Pve brings revenue.Good talk.

PvE only goes so far before people get bored of the same mechanics being rehashed with shiny effects, this is more so esp with a PvE game giant like FFXIV, but hey content right?I mean doing the same boss fighting the same thing doing the same rotation having the same people day in and day out is so much excitement I can hardly contain myself.Honestly I don't understand what kind of revenue you expect from a free to play into a one time purchase game model. Hardcore PvErs are rich enough to not need to spend cash to get gems for cosmetics. In terms of the gemstore it benefits both PvPers and PvErs because nothing makes you stronger and its all quality of life things so again "Pve brings revenue" is the most absurd statement and quite condescending.

Bud, since youre so good at anets business model, be a dear and explain to us how a free to play one time purchase game pays the company's bills and the paychecks of its employees.Pvers spend real life money for mount skins, bl keys, various other cosmetics.What does the wvwer do? The occasional 500gem bandwagon fee?

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:This is 2021. The game has changed since it first came out. Yes, it is mainly pve oriented. Pve brings revenue.Good talk.

Bud, since youre so good at anets business model, be a dear and explain to us how a free to play one time purchase game pays the company's bills and the paychecks of its employees.Pvers spend real life money for mount skins, bl keys, various other cosmetics.What does the wvwer do? The occasional 500gem bandwagon fee?

Are you so stuck up that you think only pvers buy skins from the trading post? In fact there are some PvErs that earn so much they dont need to pay for gems instead they can just convert gold to gems, also with bots and people trading and selling shit behind ANET yea thats all PvE. Unlike WvW where it isn't as easy to make gold we actually purchase gems for skins. You make it sound like you guys are paying for everything lol. Again very absurd and condescending.

@Salt Mode.3780 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:This is 2021. The game has changed since it first came out. Yes, it is mainly pve oriented. Pve brings revenue.Good talk.

Are you so stuck up that you think only pvers buy skins from the trading post? In fact there are some PvErs that earn so much they dont need to pay for gems instead they can just convert it. Unlike WvW where it isn't as easy to make gold we actually purchase gems for skins. You make it sound like you guys are paying for everything lol. Again very absurd and condescending.

Blind rage, no arguments. Customary here. Not EVERY pve player is hardcore to buy everything with ingame gold.

Please define who "you" is. Im 10k rank, all achievs completed etc. Wvw is my main mode for years.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Are you so stuck up that you think only pvers buy skins from the trading post? In fact there are some PvErs that earn so much they dont need to pay for gems instead they can just convert it. Unlike WvW where it isn't as easy to make gold we actually purchase gems for skins. You make it sound like you guys are paying for everything lol. Again very absurd and condescending.

Blind rage, no arguments. Customary here. Not EVERY pve player is hardcore to buy everything with ingame gold.

Please define who "you" is. Im 10k rank, all achievs completed etc. Wvw is my main mode for years.

And not every pvper refuse to spend irl cash to support the game so your point? Congratulations for accolades when it means nothing to the topic at hand, so what you think you have a upper hand above everyone else is that it? Again absurd and CONDESCENDING.

@"Voltekka.2375" said:What does the wvwer do? The occasional 500gem bandwagon fee?

Lol, what do you mean "the occasional" bandwagon? That's probably the bulk of their sales, and the only steady income they have. :sweat_smile:WvW makes extremely steady money, something they can't rely on skins and keys and convenience items.Yet WvW gets the least attention...

as other said, while i cannot agree about getting far too few ascended boxes (it could be more for the spent time but eh, about 5 unused bc not needed ones sofar is enough for me), i have to admit that i see absolutely zero reason to craft legendary armor out of my ascended mistforged sets. like Z E R O reason. there's not point in changing up your stats all the time anyways. legendary has no better stats, for costing a absurd amount of timegated stuff and still rare components.

while u get flooded with memories of battle as active player (luckily), you don't get suiting amounts of claimtickets or grandmastershards.

and... the armor with legendary rating has no special looks. the mistforged triumphant ascended is the one with the optics, and since the requirements for the legendary armor Wvw-rankwise are basically nothing by now, it has not even a tiny bit of prestige. i play since 2019 and have rank 2200+, so the new requirements of what, rank 500? are just inflation that leaves basically every newbie to have potentially access to legendary armor pieces - another time devaluing Wvw and inviting casual playstyle.

literally any rank over 1400~ is useless, bc ur maxed out in wvw-masteries at that point yet (forget at which lvl exactly) and the rank gains in old times been boosted a lot by the far more encouraging environment. these days, it's a lot of unexperienced players who think its best to hide in objectives behind a billion of siege for days VS a small number of veterans/fighting people who basically stirr the sh*t to wake up the snoozefest again.

honestly, for pvE i wouldn't even log in anymore 99% of the time. i used it a bit to farm gold or stuff, but that's about it. i used the farmed gold to buy gems rather than irl money... i thought about it often, but what really gives? Anet seems to not be supporting the only mode i actively play, no reason at all to throw more money on them. i used some in the past for the livingworld seasons content, which u all gotta manually buy as 2019 starter. yet i was as complete newbie probably in 3 months through all pvE content back then, and once i randomly discovered Wvw, i kinda just stayed there :P

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:What does the wvwer do? The occasional 500gem bandwagon fee?

Lol, what do you mean "the occasional" bandwagon? That's probably the bulk of their sales, and the only steady income they have. :sweat_smile:WvW makes extremely steady money, something they can't rely on skins and keys and convenience items.Yet WvW gets the least attention...

Ah, yes, 40 man guilds moving to lowpop servers for 500 gems/person, and they usually convert gold to gems for that. I personally have been in enough guilds who did just that. HUGE money. Mhmmm. I get that we want desperately want more shinies from wvw, but lying about things is hardly helping anyone

@ASP.8093 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:Pvers spend real life money for mount skins, bl keys, various other cosmetics.What does the wvwer do? The occasional 500gem bandwagon fee?

Most of those cosmetics are equally desirable to WvW players. Like half the WvW population is absolutely blinged out.

Pretty sure the wvwer couldnt care less about new raptor/skyscale etc skins. Hell, i wonder of wvwers actually have skyscale. Or griffon.At least those who pve a lot, do. Theyre not too many.

@Salt Mode.3780 said:

And not every pvper refuse to spend irl cash to support the game so your point? Congratulations for accolades when it means nothing to the topic at hand, so what you think you have a upper hand above everyone else is that it? Again absurd and CONDESCENDING.

Ah yes, salt mode indeed. You go bud!

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Ah yes, salt mode indeed. You go bud!

So now you are avoiding the topic entirely by posting this, please stop wasting time and go back to the thread topic. I'm sure a person who has so much accolades can certainly understand "Improving the World vs. World Reward Structure." Again your tone and attitude doesn't make you any less condescending. Nothing you have typed pertained the the topic, because what you just posted seems like "Blind rage, no arguments - Voltekka.2375.''As far as the reward restructuring I do agree that instead of shards of grandmaster marks they should just give the grandmaster mark selector outright. Its not like you are able to get all the marks you need in one week to get a completed a single ascended item.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@ASP.8093 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:Pvers spend real life money for mount skins, bl keys, various other cosmetics.What does the wvwer do? The occasional 500gem bandwagon fee?

Most of those cosmetics are equally desirable to WvW players. Like half the WvW population is absolutely blinged out.

Pretty sure the wvwer couldnt care less about new raptor/skyscale etc skins. Hell, i wonder of wvwers actually have skyscale. Or griffon.At least those who pve a lot, do. Theyre not too many.

So let me reply to you in a way you can understand, there are skins aside from mount skins that PvPers want, for example weapon skins, outfits, gliders, backpieces, and quality of life like bag slots, build templets or even a simple I want to trade gems for gold to buy a legendary weapon outright or get infusions. I'm sure you can understand this correct? PvErs who can earn gold from PvE can convert gold into gems, people who PvP which you dont earn as much gold as grinding PvE can buy gems to convert to gold. Seems like your post is very much "Blind rage, no arguments - Voltekka.2375.''

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:What does the wvwer do? The occasional 500gem bandwagon fee?

Ah, yes, 40 man guilds moving to lowpop servers for 500 gems/person, and they usually convert gold to gems for that. I personally have been in enough guilds who did just that. HUGE money. Mhmmm. I get that we want desperately want more shinies from wvw, but lying about things is hardly helping anyone

Bandwagon does not necessarily have to go from high pop to low pop it can be the other way around. That being said the cost of xfering can be quite expensive and not just a simple 500gems/person deal. I don't know what made you assume that it is always high to low pop, seems like its "Blind rage, no arguments - Voltekka.2375.'' I guess its "Customary here" that people make baseless assumptions.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:What does the wvwer do? The occasional 500gem bandwagon fee?

I never said HUGE money, i said consistent money. When someone buys a skin, it's their forever. Bandwagoning happens every relink. And when thousands of players bandwagon, those 500 gems multiply and it doesn't seem so small anymore. Sure a percentage will convert gems for it, but some won't. Consistent profit for Anet.

Also, why are you so contrarian to every improvement idea that concernes the reward structure? You'd rather WvW stagnate forever and just eventually die? I mean, what's it even to you, you said you're already max rank with everything... So why bother? It won't affect you in the slightest, especially if they just rebalance the rewards to respect people's time instead of forcing people to make WvW their second job in order to get anything out of it.

Sorry but to me it just seems spiteful and petty...

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@"ASP.8093" said:Most of those cosmetics are equally desirable to WvW players. Like half the WvW population is absolutely blinged out.

Like 80-90% of my guildmates have the Vermillion Wings (we don't all wear them at the same time).

0% of us ride the default Warclaw.

WvW is a great place for playing dress-up because you see the same people habitually, and the best place for any kind of "group style" since other people will actually see your guild on the battlefield.

@ASP.8093 said:

@ASP.8093 said:Most of those cosmetics are equally desirable to WvW players. Like half the WvW population is absolutely blinged out.

Like 80-90% of my guildmates have the Vermillion Wings (we don't all wear them at the same time).

0% of us ride the default Warclaw.

WvW is a great place for playing dress-up because you see the same people habitually, and the best place for any kind of "group style" since other people will actually see your guild on the battlefield.

I play with character models on low, cause it brings better performance as far as lag etc . As most players when doing fights.