Mesmer patch notes?

Veprovina.4876

I see a few already mentioned that every provider for alacrity will do it better than the chrono itself. I don't even know what to say about this myself anymore.

Also the absolute worst for me is the hate for two support chronos who play with 100% BD in raids. At least thats what we do in our casual static, so we can have a druid and a herald as the best off heal in the game. With the change to hidden Stacks and the fixed duration, this setup just gets kicked in the butt. Before two well played chronos could output a lot of duration while also doing important mechanics, like cannons at sabetha. You know what happens when I do a cannon as dps in pug groups? Most of the time im only left with like 2-3 boons (might, swiftness and maybe fury) when I got launched to the cannon since everything alrdy ran out because no one really bothers with BD anymore (or simply cant play). The only problem with spamming low duration stacks of boons were the hidden stack limits. Now they just remove them and indirectly buff for example RR, the dumbest trait in the game with f4.

Also the effect of Signet of inspiration if you play with 2 chronos.. Those 4 casts = 12 seconds boon increase will be useless most of the time with a maximum of 30 seconds on each boon (except on might if i remember correctly).

Another example where this sucks for my group at Desmina: Before two chronos (100%) would play STM and drop well of action for mimic. More aegis and more boons after all. Except that those 6 casts with CS will just overflow into nothing now.

But maybe SOI will still put boons over the 30 seconds limit after the patch. I doubt it though.

Its also heartcrushing to see people say nowadays, that alacrity is hard to maintain on chrono. Just saw it today in a reddit post again. Apparently most forgot that chronos put out equal amounts of quickness and alacrity. Not including STM and timewarp since two serious chronos dont need this and take more damage and cc instead.

Make  boon duration more mandatory to keep important boons up! Whats the point of it otherwise?

Edited by anbujackson.9564

I'm just testing and seems to be a bug that chaos vortex is giving 8 stacks of might in wvw instead of the split 4 stacks. xD

Utterly broken tbh - easy 25 might.

Edit - lol, with even 50% boon duration and dodge food i'm going straight to 25 stacks for like 20s after 3 ambushes. Probably going to be fixed asap.

Edited by Curunen.8729
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, Curunen.8729 said:

I'm just testing and seems to be a bug that chaos vortex is giving 8 stacks of might in wvw instead of the split 4 stacks. xD

Utterly broken tbh - easy 25 might.

Edit - lol, with even 50% boon duration and dodge food i'm going straight to 25 stacks for like 20s after 3 ambushes. Probably going to be fixed asap.

Yeah, no way they well let Mesmers be both fun and viable.

• Sad 1

Just now, Kylden Ar.3724 said:

Yeah, no way they well let Mesmers be both fun and viable.

To be fair it is stated in the patch notes it should be skill split with 4 stacks, and regardless of other things nobody should be able to stack 25 might so easily.

On that note, this is insane with aristocracy runes. Might for years, lol!

o/

PvP view :

• Deception (Downed Skill 2): This skill is now ground targeted while on land and no longer displaces the player when summoning a clone while underwater.
  •  Arcane Thievery: This skill now requires a target to activate.

Nice QoL.

Mantras: Mantras no longer need to be prepared before use. They regenerate ammunition normally.

I'm curious about jazz opinion on the subject but the casting part on mantra of distraction was a fun counterpart imo.

Mantra aren't mantra anymore but usual skills, I'm mitigated about this.

Sword

·         Illusionary Riposte: This skill no longer displaces the player when summoning a clone.

·         Illusionary Counter: This skill no longer displaces the player when summoning a clone.

Nice QoL.

Staff

·         Winds of Chaos: Increased projectile speed by 25%. Increased casting speed by 0.1 second. Lowered aftercast animation lock by 0.2 seconds. Fixed an inconsistency with projectile behavior after bouncing. This skill now applies torment for 5 seconds to the first target struck and confusion for 5 seconds on subsequent hits to enemies. Allies hit gain might for 5 seconds and fury for 3 seconds.

Lose of conditions diversity, It's fine if other classes lose conditions diversity too.

Chaos Armor: Reduced recharge to 25 seconds. This skill no longer applies a random condition to nearby foes when cast. Instead, it now applies blindness and confusion to nearby foes when cast.

We finally get a staff with 5 skills.

Chaos Vortex (Staff Ambush): The projectile now only strikes enemies. Up to 10 nearby allies gain boons. The boons gained are now might (8 stacks, 15-second duration in PvE; 4 stacks, 6-second duration in PvP and WvW) and alacrity (3-second duration). (Note: Boons are applied near the mesmer only, not near clones.)

Not anymore an offensive ambush, but a buff allies ambush, why not. It's sad IH didn't impact it slightly at all.

As related by @Curunen.8729, duration seems kinda op.

Danger Time: Removed the critical-damage bonus.

Chrono wasn't in PvP as far as I know...

Chaotic Dampening: This trait has been reworked and renamed Chaotic Potency.
        Chaotic Potency: Gain condition damage. Gain additional condition damage while wielding a staff. Recharge of staff skills is reduced.
    Chaotic Transference: This trait has been reworked. Chaos Armor grants 3 seconds of protection. Gain regeneration for 5 seconds with a 15-second cooldown when gaining protection.

Hmm It's sad chaotic transference didn't work on combo fields, making it pretty useless compared to chaotic potency.

Restorative Mantras: Heal allies around you when activating a mantra. Reduced healing amount by 50%.

More healing, need deep testing.

53 minutes ago, Kylden Ar.3724 said:

Love how we only get 2 charges on Mantras while Firebrands get 3....

Don't forget how globally mesmers mantras were nerfed in anticipation to Firebrands mantras with the excuses of mesmer is supposed to recasting mantra while FB is supposed to wait for amno recharge...

Restorative mantra work again with centaur runes YAY !!!

This is the thing I have be waiting since probably 2015 when they nerf this synergy !

Ho And I missed

Time Warp: Reduced cooldown from 180 seconds to 120 seconds. Reduced duration from 10 seconds to 5 seconds. This skill now applies 1 second of quickness and slow per pulse, for a total of six pulses over a 5-second duration.

it was already hard to use in PvP. Was it hard to split duration gamemode side instead of making it more useless it was ???

Edited by viquing.8254
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheAgedGnome.7520 said:

Just playing in OW for a bit, staff mesmer just seems overpowered now. I mean, its fun for the moment. but I don't know if we were supposed to be that much better.   

Yeah it's absurd in OW - perma alacrity, perma 25 might, non stop ambushes.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2021 at 8:13 AM, Jaykay.9641 said:

Chaos

On paper this looks OK, but if I'm reading this right, it looks like they put 2 staff talents on the same tier.

• Chaotic Dampening: This trait has been reworked and renamed Chaotic Potency.
    • Chaotic Potency: Gain condition damage. Gain additional condition damage while wielding a staff. Recharge of staff skills is reduced.
  • Chaotic Transference: This trait has been reworked. Chaos Armor grants 3 seconds of protection. Gain regeneration for 5 seconds with a 15-second cooldown when gaining protection.

Has this ever happened before? So if you go Chaos, on the major trait lines you have a choice between 2 staff talents. IMO, this is terrible design. I'm wondering if there is a typo on one of them and maybe they meant Chaotic Interruption to be changed instead. I'll miss the current Chaotic Transference has it really brought value to Rune of Undead.

Also, I would love if the Chaos Armor talent for protection was changed to Chaos Aura for protection. This would be so awesome. Leap and Blast finishers in Ethereal fields give Chaos Aura and this could reward good players for using them for themselves or the team at critical moments.

On 5/1/2021 at 8:58 AM, Curunen.8729 said:

This is a strange one, and yeah it would make sense if it was protection on all Chaos Aura instead.

The only thing I can think of, given also the change to Illusionary Membrane is that the access to protection is reduced aside from random procs on chaos aura - so I assume they want to force a choice between more damage and faster cooldowns, vs more defence.

The odd thing being that faster cooldowns on staff implies more defence anyway so it still is puzzling.

On 5/1/2021 at 3:06 PM, Quadox.7834 said:

It will be protection on Chaos Aura (not just staff 4).

Following up on this now that patch as come:

There is indeed 2 staff traits on the major Chaos line. IMO, this is unacceptable. This needs to be changed as it's really bad design.

Also, Chaotic Transference (Chaos Armor grants protection when cast) only gives Protection on Staff 4. Chaos armor does not instantly grant Protection, tested this with Phase Retreat in Chaos Storm.

I was hopeful, but I think we all knew it was going to be like this...

• Thanks 1

Ah the yearly day has come. Great to log in and see every build you played got nerfed… again…

This patch is ridiculous. They deleted again core mechanics without any compensation on core or chrono, but added alacrity to staff mirage for even more mindless off cd skill spam.

Cele Mirage + SoI + Desert Distortion + Blurred Inscriptions in WvW, Good Night 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TheAgedGnome.7520 said:

Just playing in OW for a bit, staff mesmer just seems overpowered now. I mean, its fun for the moment. but I don't know if we were supposed to be that much better.   

Staff Mirage was already ridiculous in OW, just look at Hizen's build. Now it's going to be much stronger, sure, but who cares about OW, pretty much every build works there and at least Mesmers can be fun in one game mode.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Senqu.8054 said:

Cele Mirage + SoI + Desert Distortion + Blurred Inscriptions in WvW, Good Night 

What's Sol? I need to brush up on my abbreviations lol.

EDIT: Oh, never mind, i though you wrote SoL, not SoI(nspiration). I get it now lol.

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Curunen.8729 said:

To be fair it is stated in the patch notes it should be skill split with 4 stacks, and regardless of other things nobody should be able to stack 25 might so easily.

On that note, this is insane with aristocracy runes. Might for years, lol!

Yeah PvP got the PvE changes for Chaos Vortex. I would think it should be fixed ASAP - have fun while it lasts! 😀

• Like 2