Mesmer patch notes?

Veprovina.4876

Staff 4 can now proc instant 5 confusion. With staff 2 f2 combo 11 stacks confusion instant. You can’t dodge it lmao

Edit. Seriously, how many instant casts with confusion do you want mirage to have 

Edited by Senqu.8054
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Senqu.8054 said:

Staff 4 can now proc instant 5 confusion. With staff 2 f2 combo 11 stacks confusion instant. You can’t dodge it lmao

Edit. Seriously, how many instant casts with confusion do you want mirage to have 

To be fair, it's all baseline Mesmer and the set up you're talking about requires you to pick specific traits in Duelling and Chaos. Still not fun to play against, though.

I'm really disappointed that Chaos Armor from Combos don't work with the new trait. I hope this is an oversight. If it is, I actually do like the new set up because it enables a more brusery gameplay on Mirage.

Mantras though... just a plain nerf. Disappointing.

Edited by Xaylin.1860
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Xaylin.1860 said:

To be fair, it's all baseline Mesmer and the set up you're talking about requires you to pick specific traits in Duelling and Chaos. Still not fun to play against, though.

I'm really disappointed that Chaos Armor from Combos don't work with the new trait. I hope this is an oversight. If it is, I actually do like the new set up because it enables a more brusery gameplay on Mirage.

Mantras though... just a plain nerf. Disappointing.

Ou yeah true, its core but only needs dueling. Anyways my point was not that its strong or something its just that with jaunt and all the other things cMirage has, its just one more thing that is unbelievable unfun to play against and an totally noob killer.

About the brusery gameplay, i personally think that the added alacrity just prevents any further changes in the direction of two dodges, i cant see that as a win at all.

In addition, alacrity on mirage means that we will not get alacrity on chrono back. Not in the supportive way we knew it. Or better we will not see a support chrono in the way we knew it ever again.

Now we have supportive utility skills on chrono and offensive utility skills on mirage. This doesn’t make sense at all.

We got alacrity on mirage but lost everything else. I’m so pissed man. I hope the next 50% nerf just deletes 50% of the especs (mirage)

Edited by Senqu.8054
  • Like 2

Mirage never should have gotten alacrity, they should have been the class's dedicated damage E-Spec like how Dragonhunters are to Guardians.

Chrono wells really need an overhaul, if ANet intends on making the Chronomancer have any shred of support left in them (aside from the now nerfed in PvE Seize the Moment). Seriously, necro wells have a static and strong effect on all pulses which makes them very powerful in WvW. Gyros from scrappers have been reworked to wells and they are almost too go to be true, mobile wells with constant effects on them - except blast gyro. No one cares about the tiny tick damage and small condis that Chrono wells do, the "strongest" effect that everyone wants is at the end (except Precognition but that has been butchered many times over already). 

No one relies on alacrity from the TIME mage spec anymore too, and now quickness is being slowly ripped to let Firebrands take the lead (as if they weren't toe-to-toe already).

Ok i misspoke actually, gravity well is probably the only decent Mesmer well right now, and that's because it's effects are immediately felt

Edited by lockhart.6048
  • Like 5

There's just too many things on the mesmer that relies on something else to work.... while they think it's synergising, it's a kitten mess of a class in the end. Please anet, for the next mesmer elite spec, have some forethought on it, so you don't end up hating and destroying it like you did with chrono and mirage.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jaykay.9641 said:

Following up on this now that patch as come:

There is indeed 2 staff traits on the major Chaos line. IMO, this is unacceptable. This needs to be changed as it's really bad design.

Also, Chaotic Transference (Chaos Armor grants protection when cast) only gives Protection on Staff 4. Chaos armor does not instantly grant Protection, tested this with Phase Retreat in Chaos Storm.

I was hopeful, but I think we all knew it was going to be like this...

???? seriously in that case its a massive nerf, it always gave prot on all chaos armor

2 hours ago, Levetty.1279 said:

They've completely removed burning from Staff and I hate everything about confusion. Not happy about that at all.

wb as well! 😮

6 hours ago, skcamow.3527 said:

Thank you! I have always been around though watching streams and theory crafting with friends. Just haven't really played much.

Nice to see that balance patches bring people back for discussion. 🙂 Hope Anet takes note of it.

Personally today is more interesting/exciting than any of the content in the coming 2 months aside from the EoD elite spec reveals.

• Like 2

I'm still confused how, after the specifically removed confusion from axe ambush and staff ambush in the past because it was too spammable - now decided to put it back both staff auto and ambush, and encourage the spam by giving alacrity on ambush...

Sure I like how confusion is more thematic for mesmer than burning, but given how much salt was caused by confusion spam in the past, it is only a matter of time (probably not much time) before the flood of complaints begin. Add to that Chaos Armour is now basically F2 traited for blind (edit - for the record the new Chaos Armour is excellent - really great to see staff 4 finally being a good skill), and building other traits appropriately there's some insane confusion bomb potential out there, in addition to passive confusion spam.

Especially given all the other different nerfs for mirage in the past - now buffing in a way that encourages such monotonous play is really "confusing". The funny thing is in a roundabout way this shaves all the nerfed Deception skill cooldowns to have more flow for porting around more frequently.

The only good part is the player is encouraged to cast staff ambush themselves to get the boons, so there is some requirement to face the target and press 1 rather than just dodge and let clones do their thing.

Edited by Curunen.8729
  • Like 4

While I am complaining, the Chrono nerfs are another fine example of Anet making a a thing that is too strong under specific circumstances (Danger Time), nerfing everything around that thing and then finally giving up and nerfing the thing, this time throwing a Chronophantasm nerf in at the same time to streamline the process.

Also the staff traits competing with each other is weird and the clones don't get the staff auto attack speed buff but I didn't expect them too.

But overall I like the changes to Mirage, brings back the shatterless clone builds a bit, 4 and 5 finally don't feel like wasted slots and everybody likes seeing their bar filled with boons. Kind of wish there was a more interesting Grandmaster trait for me to take in Chaos. Also to agree with Curunen, one of the reasons I don't like confusion is the new confusion spam is definitely going to result in nerfs. Strange choice after what they said when removing confusion from other skills before.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Curunen.8729 said:

I'm still confused how, after the specifically removed confusion from axe ambush and staff ambush in the past because it was too spammable - now decided to put it back both staff auto and ambush, and encourage the spam by giving alacrity on ambush...

Sure I like how confusion is more thematic for mesmer than burning, but given how much salt was caused by confusion spam in the past, it is only a matter of time (probably not much time) before the flood of complaints begin. Add to that Chaos Armour is now basically F2 traited for blind (edit - for the record the new Chaos Armour is excellent - really great to see staff 4 finally being a good skill), and building other traits appropriately there's some insane confusion bomb potential out there, in addition to passive confusion spam.

Especially given all the other different nerfs for mirage in the past - now buffing in a way that encourages such monotonous play is really "confusing". The funny thing is in a roundabout way this shaves all the nerfed Deception skill cooldowns to have more flow for porting around more frequently.

The only good part is the player is encouraged to cast staff ambush themselves to get the boons, so there is some requirement to face the target and press 1 rather than just dodge and let clones do their thing.

Not sure about Staff damage, but I feel like they are more comfortable with it because it is a bit easier to counter than Axe which also has a significant amount of Torment (plus potentially Bleeds from Pistol or Burning from Torch). It might also connect to the yet unannounced e-spec which could potentially re-diversify Mesmers' access to conditions. However, one definite upside: It is on core Mesmer, not Mirage!

I love the blind on CA. But I do agree... it's a bit weird that we lost Blind on Dodge not so long ago and now got this. Not the same. Less diverse. Still weird.

And again... Alacrity on Mirage? Not a fan. I could have lived with it if it was self-only. But Group-Alacrity should be a Chronomancer thing.

• Like 2

On 5/11/2021 at 3:45 PM, Quadox.7834 said:

Bring back 2 dodges and remove energy sigil from PvP, I've said it before and I'll say it again.

I'd be happy with that. Gear (and food tbh) has been responsible for too much of the nerfs, making said gear even more of a necessity, instead of dealing with balancing/removing the gear itself.

Another option is they could change the direct endurance refill instead to gain eg 2s vigour on weapon swap. Do the same for adventurer rune (eg 2s vigour on heal with 10s icd, similar to things like rune of the revenant giving 2s resistance on heal). Still have some synergy in various builds, but no immediate refill.

• Like 1

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed a bug that caused the Dragonstorm encounter to stall during defiance-bar phases.
  • Explosive Shell: This skill no longer hits the primary target more than once.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented infused and attuned versions of Celestial-stat ascended rings from granting expertise and concentration.
  • Runes of Strength: Corrected erroneous bonus damage granted by these runes.
  • Chaos Vortex: Fixed an issue in which this skill applied more might than intended in PvP and WvW.
  • Purging Flames: Fixed an issue in which the cooldown of this skill was lower than intended in PvP and WvW.

Well, it's done.  The 8 might stacks are gone. It was nice while it lasted. 😁

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Zoser.7245 said:

Well, it's done.  The 8 might stacks are gone. It was nice while it lasted. 😁

Well, to be fair, it was a bit ridiculolus to be able to do that.

Anyway... Unrelated...

I'm in the process of trying out new stuff, will post here when i have an opinion on it.

So far, generally, i like Mirage more now, but i'm Concerned about Chrono a bit. More details when i have them. Testing needed.

Meanwhile StM is supposedly going to be 18K benchmark

The comments in the notes:
— Equipment —
I hope you are ready for an adventure, because optimising this build is a nightmare. For your runes, there are three obvious contenders to choose between: Eagle, Scholar and Thief. Thief is the strongest, but useless when you are tanking.
Eagle and Scholar appear to be even (1% Eagle-uptime equals to 2% Scholar-uptime) but both have their drawbacks. However, most classes will deal more damage below 50% than above 50%, effectively reducing your Eagle-uptime significantly to the point, where Scholar pulls ahead. That being said, Scholar requires to use so many Assassin pieces that getting Toughness, without messing up your attributes, becomes a living nightmare or an annoying trip to Southsun Cove.
I'll be honest, I'm not sure yet what is going to the be the default equipment for this build. In my book, there is no obvious best choice and everyone should decide for themselves. I've tested all three variants and they seem to be within a reasonably small range within each other. Just play with the optimiser on the website and pick something that works for you. You can also just use your Power Chronomancer equipment and slap a Sigil of Concentration on it. You'll miss 15% CritChance but it is more convenient and you probably won't notice too much of a difference. If you need a Focus, just get rid of the shield.

Edited by Infusion.7149

12 hours ago, Sifu.9745 said:

Not sure if Staff dmg is buffed or nerfed? Don't have a condi gear yet to check it by myself ...

Buff.

I was playing a trailblazer condi mirage with axe/torch, after the change I try these and then staff.

Both got dmg up but staff was doing more dmg (thx to might generation) in solo play.

For group content I think axe viper mirage is still the best. Maybe we can do a support mirage with the staff.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Curunen.8729 said:

I'd be happy with that. Gear (and food tbh) has been responsible for too much of the nerfs, making said gear even more of a necessity, instead of dealing with balancing/removing the gear itself.

Another option is they could change the direct endurance refill instead to gain eg 2s vigour on weapon swap. Do the same for adventurer rune (eg 2s vigour on heal with 10s icd, similar to things like rune of the revenant giving 2s resistance on heal). Still have some synergy in various builds, but no immediate refill.

Yes that would also be good, and similarly intelligence sigil could become fury on weapon swap.

Edited by Quadox.7834
  • Like 1