Mesmer patch notes?

Veprovina.4876

43 minutes ago, Yoci.2481 said:

Sometimes I think adding raids was the worst hit to the game's health.

It's fairly ironic too, considering GvG and Heroes Ascent were not features ANet wanted to implement in GW2 due to the problem of how long it took to find a comped group (at least that's something I heard from my friend, who was very close to ANet devs at the time).

• Like 3

On 5/6/2021 at 2:11 PM, Veprovina.4876 said:

So they updated the patch notes based on feedback from the community.

Apparently they never visited the Mesmer forum...

Or we don't matter, as long as Firebrands are ok.

cmirage got a massive buffs in form of torment changes.
It will be benching something along the lines of 35-36k on a golem and waaay more in normal encounters with confusion actually working. All the while having 1 somewhat flexible utility slot that can be taken for portal for example.

pchrono was absurd but the nerf is too hard, feelsbadman. pmes in general will be in a tragic state, legit trolling in all content, feelsbad. There might be still power chrono that gives quickness SOMEWHAT viable.

- power mesmer is dead
+ cmirage huge buffs
+ potential for cmirage with alac
take what you want from the patch but its not all doom and gloom

another 
+ for scepter/sword block QoL fix
+ for downed 2 teleport change

1 hour ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

It will be benching something along the lines of 35-36k on a golem and waaay more in normal encounters with confusion actually working. All the while having 1 somewhat flexible utility slot that can be taken for portal for example.

pchrono was absurd but the nerf is too hard, feelsbadman. pmes in general will be in a tragic state, legit trolling in all content, feelsbad. There might be still power chrono that gives quickness SOMEWHAT viable.

- power mesmer is dead
+ cmirage huge buffs
+ potential for cmirage with alac
take what you want from the patch but its not all doom and gloom

another 
+ for scepter/sword block QoL fix
+ for downed 2 teleport change

Feels about right.

My comment was more about, the community wanted more info about what they did to the mantras, etc., but apparently we'll just have to wait. Cause that whole section is kind of confusingly written, no chargeup, ok, but we had effects on chargeup, are those just gone AND we had a 50% nerf or are the trigger effects getting reworked, cooldowns, recharge times, charges?

I think that's some important info to be telling the community right?

Sure, they nerfed chrono, buffed mirage, but there were other questions...

I would have been happy even if they just repeated what they already posted and explained just the same, would mean they were at least aware that the mesmer community has questions and would mean they ackgnowledge us...

Oh well...

11 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Feels about right.

My comment was more about, the community wanted more info about what they did to the mantras, etc., but apparently we'll just have to wait. Cause that whole section is kind of confusingly written, no chargeup, ok, but we had effects on chargeup, are those just gone AND we had a 50% nerf or are the trigger effects getting reworked, cooldowns, recharge times, charges?

I think that's some important info to be telling the community right?

Sure, they nerfed chrono, buffed mirage, but there were other questions...

I would have been happy even if they just repeated what they already posted and explained just the same, would mean they were at least aware that the mesmer community has questions and would mean they ackgnowledge us...

Oh well...

bruh, devs still didnt talk to us about february patch, might take 3-4 more months, give or take 5 years

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

Not necessary in raid setting.

Unless they changed something over the past 3 years and I stand corrected. Torment behave differently in actual raid boss than just golems. Assuming your tank is able to keep mobile bosses still, there's still considerable "double tick" duration for torment in the current GW2. Hence in other thread I was talking about mirage-effective bosses are often those that "wiggles".

The calculation isn't perfect, but that's part of the reason why Cairn, MO and Sabir is considered better to use torment/confusion-heavy mirages as they get extra ticks from confusion and torment on their attack sequence. Other exceptions are Largos and Soulless Horror who can be very mobile and fast attack sequences.

The torment changes maybe buff to normal PvE encounters, but it can completely knock out raid compositions to different bosses and is too much variables to say its a buff/nerf.

Edited by NICENIKESHOE.7128

On 5/3/2021 at 5:26 PM, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

More nerfs yay! Just delete the bloody profession already.

They delete the profession, I delete the game. It's my character with most of my time. As it stands now, they are not getting money out of me for EoD till it's a 50% or more off sale.

On 5/3/2021 at 6:58 PM, Veprovina.4876 said:

Oh that's right... We don't talk about WvW, Raid speedruning is what the whole game needs to be balanced around.

They can't talk about what they don't play in. ANet doing their best to forget WvW exists.

Also,

#Alliances When!?

On 5/6/2021 at 9:11 AM, Veprovina.4876 said:

So they updated the patch notes based on feedback from the community.

Apparently they never visited the Mesmer forum...

Or we don't matter, as long as Firebrands are ok.

Or the WvW Forum. We complain a lot about how it's all Firebrand-Scourge everywhere.

7 hours ago, Yoci.2481 said:

Sometimes I think adding raids was the worst hit to the game's health.

100% Agree.

Literally, everything they have added since then and then forgotten about instead of fixing what they have. The technical debt they have must be ASTRONOMICAL.

6 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

So, you also ignore WvW like the ANet Devs? As long as Mirage has one dodge it's pretty much dead in WvW.

I used to enjoy dueling Mirages on my Power Chrono. Was a challenge. Now, as soon as I sus out the real one, it's just a free kill.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Senqu.8054 said:

I dare you! Your job is to be the eternal optimist, we have to talk this game down not you 

Haha, i'll try, i promise! 😜

It's kind of hard to be optimistic when stuff like this happens.

But still... I'm hopeful for EOD. I wasn't hoping for anything before that anyway, but seeing the patch notes and how Anet refuses to even ackgnowledge how bad Mesmers have it because "Chronomancers were overperforming in ALL GAMEMODES" - lmao - kinda gets you down...

On 5/8/2021 at 1:07 AM, Kylden Ar.3724 said:

They delete the profession, I delete the game. It's my character with most of my time. As it stands now, they are not getting money out of me for EoD till it's a 50% or more off sale.

I'd Rather they delete the profession altogether than leaving it at the pitiful state it is.

This servers right tho to everyone who was hopeful that Jazz's list was going to get things better despise some people saying it was a waste of time.
I for one, fell once for it. Devs couldn't care less about mesmer players' input.

• Like 2

One additional quality of life that could be improved regardless of other changes - Chaos Vortex cast is sluggish and could do with tightening up, as they are already tightening the cast/aftercast of staff auto.

At the moment it's pretty annoying actively casting it yourself (yet another reason why little else than the passive "dodge and let clones cast it" gameplay persisted through past nerfs).

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Curunen.8729 said:

One additional quality of life that could be improved regardless of other changes - Chaos Vortex cast is sluggish and could do with tightening up, as they are already tightening the cast/aftercast of staff auto.

At the moment it's pretty annoying actively casting it yourself (yet another reason why little else than the passive "dodge and let clones cast it" gameplay persisted through past nerfs).

the reason why it happens is because it has long kitten 1s cast time, that deals 2k damage ( pvp )
In that span of time most power classes will deal waaay more dmg with their auto-attacks

they should seriously do something about condi autos in general as they are pathetic in almost every condi class
Why would you waste 1s casting skill that has high chance of missing to get "rewarded" with POSSIBILITY of 2k dmg ( can still be cleansed ) while clones can do it for you and do the same damage anyways? and there is kittening 3 of them.

The only saving grace is cool as kitten animation, actually makes me want to use the skill, props to whoever animated it 😄

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

the reason why it happens is because it has long kitten 1s cast time, that deals 2k damage ( pvp )
In that span of time most power classes will deal waaay more dmg with their auto-attacks

they should seriously do something about condi autos in general as they are pathetic in almost every condi class
Why would you waste 1s casting skill that has high chance of missing to get "rewarded" with POSSIBILITY of 2k dmg ( can still be cleansed ) while clones can do it for you and do the same damage anyways? and there is kittening 3 of them.

The only saving grace is cool as kitten animation, actually makes me want to use the skill, props to whoever animated it 😄

Yeah I thought to mention the cast time in the main balance thread, though here was cautious first about asking too much as already there's going to be so much mindless dodge1dodge1dodge1 going on lol.

I agree this is the other problem with condi - when you see arguments that condi is all passive etc - well when you have skills like this that are pretty much impossible/not designed to be timed well/landing damage in small windows of opportunity, and on top of that have pathetic damage on their own, then you encourage this kind of play. Or instead you encourage the unoriginal (ie no different to core) shatter spam/signet of illusions nonsense because at least that burst can actually be timed.

It's not much of an "ambush", able to be timed well and rewarded for landing...

Oh yeah the animation is certainly awesome! Been wanting that kind of animation since they made rev's staff 3, and at least it's visually satisfying with IH. 🙂

I've been thinking, if there is some hidden motive by the various changes (torment, alacrity, etc) - that they're setting up to, at some point in the future, normalise mirage endurance across all game modes.

As it seems going by the direction from this patch it's extremely unlikely we'll ever be seeing 2 dodges again in wvw/pvp. And given this looking like a significant buff for pve in many ways - nevermind all mirage skills/utilities etc are the same godlike low cooldowns there, I wonder if they'll use that as an excuse to then say "we are setting mirage endurance in pve to 50, to match pvp/wvw and allow better balance of the spec across all game modes".

I mean, personally it can only be right one way or the other - either 2 dodges restored at the expense of greater changes in those modes, or everything blanket 1 dodge allowing for an equal foundation to balance from.

2 hours ago, Curunen.8729 said:

I've been thinking, if there is some hidden motive by the various changes (torment, alacrity, etc) - that they're setting up to, at some point in the future, normalise mirage endurance across all game modes.

As it seems going by the direction from this patch it's extremely unlikely we'll ever be seeing 2 dodges again in wvw/pvp. And given this looking like a significant buff for pve in many ways - nevermind all mirage skills/utilities etc are the same godlike low cooldowns there, I wonder if they'll use that as an excuse to then say "we are setting mirage endurance in pve to 50, to match pvp/wvw and allow better balance of the spec across all game modes".

I mean, personally it can only be right one way or the other - either 2 dodges restored at the expense of greater changes in those modes, or everything blanket 1 dodge allowing for an equal foundation to balance from.

If they do that, Mirage is dead.

The problem with 1 dodge is not how "op or not" it is, the problem is that it feels janky as hell when you go from literally any class, even Chronomancer to Mirage and your muscle memory is stuck in 2 dodges - because that's what the game has been teaching everyone for the entirety of the 8 years. And now they remove a dodge.

The whole game, especially WvW is balanced around minimum of 2 dodges so you can get out of the huge AOE spam, and since mirage can't dodge backwards, just in place and forward, it's even worse. If they remove a dodge in PvE they're just sentencing it to death as raid and fractal bosses have even larger AOEs than players in WvW.

One dodge Mirage is the stupidest and laziest decision they ever did, and they need to give us 2 dodges back and rebalance the class in some other way. It just doesn't feel good to play because you're losing a core mechanic that's available to everyone. How is that a "bonus" for an Elite spec??? Currently, Mirage is the only elite that loses more than it gains in WvW, it's so stupid.

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

If they do that, Mirage is dead.

The problem with 1 dodge is not how "op or not" it is, the problem is that it feels janky as hell when you go from literally any class, even Chronomancer to Mirage and your muscle memory is stuck in 2 dodges - because that's what the game has been teaching everyone for the entirety of the 8 years. And now they remove a dodge.

The whole game, especially WvW is balanced around minimum of 2 dodges so you can get out of the huge AOE spam, and since mirage can't dodge backwards, just in place and forward, it's even worse. If they remove a dodge in PvE they're just sentencing it to death as raid and fractal bosses have even larger AOEs than players in WvW.

One dodge Mirage is the stupidest and laziest decision they ever did, and they need to give us 2 dodges back and rebalance the class in some other way. It just doesn't feel good to play because you're losing a core mechanic that's available to everyone. How is that a "bonus" for an Elite spec??? Currently, Mirage is the only elite that loses more than it gains in WvW, it's so stupid.

Oh I'm not saying it's a good thing - just that I seriously can't see them giving back 2 dodges in wvw/pvp following some of these changes unless they do massive redesigns which based on past patches doesn't seem likely.

So the only alternative in terms of not ignoring those game modes, is forcing 50 endurance across the board - then at least the pve balance team will make necessary changes that will have outcomes across all game modes. Depending on the changes it would at least be a better situation than it is right now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Curunen.8729 said:

Oh I'm not saying it's a good thing - just that I seriously can't see them giving back 2 dodges in wvw/pvp following some of these changes unless they do massive redesigns which based on past patches doesn't seem likely.

So the only alternative in terms of not ignoring those game modes, is forcing 50 endurance across the board - then at least the pve balance team will make necessary changes that will have outcomes across all game modes. Depending on the changes it would at least be a better situation than it is right now.

Well let's hope that's not the case. I want to belive the balancing team isn't that oblivious.

• Thanks 1