Living World Season 2 Return (May 25 - June 22)

I'm just wondering what this has to do with the last IBS episode and "seeing the effects" of the two dragon's deaths.

Is the extent of the "leading up to the expansion" and "showing a changed Tyria" just going to be a few lines of dialogue in Eye of the North?

I probably shouldn't have expected more but I was hoping to see some actual visual changes on the maps we're replaying or something. I would think if they had something significant planned showing anykind of changes to Tyria they would want to show them before they release the expansion "tidal wave" of news in July. >_>

As to the free episodes thing, I get your frustration but how hard is it to log in ONE day during the live release and unlock it for free while it's occurring? I mean, I'm a little annoyed that I paid full price for the expansions and then they got pushed to a combo-box discount deal but.. that's how they attract more players, fund the game, and should I ever come across anyone that's actually INTERESTED in playing this game after I've talked about it for a couple hours coaxing them into it.. it's cool that it's easier for them to gain access.

Now the real trick of finding some hardcore mmo-junkie that doesn't look at Guild Wars 2 as the ugly red-headed step-child before they've thoroughly tried it. It's amazing how stuck up some of these people are. Granted the past couple years hasn't been the greatest press... but still... lol

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Bast.7253 said:

I'm just wondering what this has to do with the last IBS episode and "seeing the effects" of the two dragon's deaths.

Is the extent of the "leading up to the expansion" and "showing a changed Tyria" just going to be a few lines of dialogue in Eye of the North?

I probably shouldn't have expected more but I was hoping to see some actual visual changes on the maps we're replaying or something. I would think if they had something significant planned showing anykind of changes to Tyria they would want to show them before they release the expansion "tidal wave" of news in July. >_>

As I recall, Anet actually said there wouldn't be any big changes to the world map, or big indications toward Cantha. Only that the ending of IBS, and the following content, would inform the state of the world that leads into EoD.

On 5/25/2021 at 10:59 AM, vonhellsing.2819 said:

And ANET DID AGAIN, who paid per LW2 and 3, punished 2 times, 1 per dont play in normal time, 1nd per buy gems to buy seansons.

Content that came out 6 years ago now free. Yeah this doesn't happen in gaming at all..

Have you ever played an MMO? Old content becoming free or just being bundled into new is a thing. Its like way back in the day (talking like 1999) when I played Everquest, I bought all the expansions as they first started coming out (up until the time I quit in like 2004). At some point after I quit, but maybe even before I don't remember, all previous expansions would just be included in whatever new expansion they were doing.

Edited by Faridah.8431

There was a small discussion last week about whether the new story achievemenets for the new meta achievements we'll be getting every week will require you to play the entire episode's story in order.  I just tested this with an alt that got the episodes unlocked last week and who also hasn't even initiated the story in the hero panel.  I carried the alt through the first instance of the first episode of LS2 and the achievement for it completed.

So this means that those who have already completed an episode's story can simply restart it and go to the specific instances that the story achievements are targeting.  This will save a lot of time for many episodes as you don't have to do any of the open world tasks.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, inki.7840 said:

Hello everyone, guys, please tell me if I missed Return to Dry Top 1, I can’t do it and get achievements?

The achievements are moved to the "Current Events" category of the achievement panel once their one week of spotlight is over. They'll stay there indefinitely, so you can do them at any time in the future.

• Like 1

As awesome as it is to finally see Dry Top hit above T2 after years, It'd be nice if T6 was not as hard as it used to be, considering it was hit once at the start of this now its almost always T5 max. Still, even T5 is huge compared to the T2 prices, can tell this zone was literally designed to have a constant squad in it. 

I just got back from vacation. Becuase I missed the first 2 events, does that mean that it is impossible for me to get the  Legendary amulet and “Returning Champion” title ?

Never mind. Saw that the achievements are moved to the "Current Events" category of the achievement panel once their one week of spotlight is over. 

Edited by Zigbert.6520
whoops

The whole thing just reminds me why i only did the whole story on my ranger and decided it was time to finish it all on my necro. 

The pain is real.

I just am waiting for the salt if we need 50 bloodstone rubies.

Edited by Dami.5046

7 hours ago, Dami.5046 said:

The whole thing just reminds me why i only did the whole story on my ranger and decided it was time to finish it all on my necro. 

The pain is real.

I just am waiting for the salt if we need 50 bloodstone rubies.

Shouldent be a problem with 1111 rubies in the bank.

I am actually enjoying replaying some of this. Yeah I agree the dialogue was pretty barftastic in some of these story instances and others were a bit tedious (I actually liked Hidden Arcana though). But its been far too long since I've played this content so its a nice refresher.