Anet devs main revenant, hate rangers

Zereqiel.8249

My renegade wearing exotic traiblazer armors/weapons and viper trinkets can out dps my full ascended viper soulbeast. yes i know both builds and rotations. Open world soloing champions? soulbeast sucks, 1 mistake you die. meanwhile, renegade will just use devastation, trait dance of death and it can face tank, kill legendary bounties solo. raid/strikes? alacren needed everwhere. meanwhile, druid can be replaced by other healers or might generators. spirit providing 5% damage? who cares when boss now receives 100% condi damage when broken. soulbeast is non existent because they nerfed it. speaking of druid, it only ever exists in strikes and raids. no real benefit using it elsewhere in pve. WvW? a group would only take ranger when no other class is contesting its spot. only viable when roaming but who does that when you get rewarded more when zerging. i already shifted my main to revenant. might as well join the bandwagon no?

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

Whoa whoa whoa, chill down on the saltiness. This was completely not what I expected, as I thought you'd talk about the power specs on both classes. Now that would have made slight sense.

5 minutes ago, Zereqiel.8249 said:

alacren needed everwhere. meanwhile, druid can be replaced by other healers or might generators.

They literally just fixed this. Mirages can maintain 10 man alac, and the druid spirits are good enough to keep druids in every raid atm.

Torment is kind of busted, its not even Rev's that are insanely op. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Zereqiel.8249 said:

Open world soloing champions? soulbeast sucks, 1 mistake you die.

Condi Soulbeast is probably one of the more viable builds for soloing open world Champions currently..

In my signature is my Youtube channel including a build I put up yesterday that comfortably solos a desert bounty by an average skilled player such as myself, with some scuffed gameplay and a couple of wrong trinkets.
Alternatively search Youtube for Lord Hizen's build that shows him pretty clearly soloing a legendary bounty on Ranger and is hampered only by the old lag issues that used to plague the Desert Highlands map.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I think you need to widen your scope of the game if you think devs hate rangers. It is more likely torment will be scaled back in a later patch, since the devs stated that they did not intend to buff condi renegade much with the torment change. (Scourges were also beneficiaries to this.)

Firstly, soulcleave summit was nerfed heavily in this patch and condi revenant DPS is contingent on hitbox size. Secondly, soulbeast still does damage and supplies Spotter + OWP , in WvW and PvP it is used because of the merged bonuses (for WvW the immob is the main attraction but Worldly impact and maul do extensive damage still). Single shortbow soulbeast is one of the easiest builds in the game and did 33K pre-patch ; post patch hybrid soulbeast does 37K and the condi soulbeast has not been touched outside OWP. Druid has been meta since raiding started, so whether it is viable in WvW is of no consequence.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

Rev has the best solo builds in the game, but before the patch Firebrands had the best instanced-content dps builds in the game and at some points in the past Ranger had the best healer/bunker builds in the game (on the other side, FB currently is very lacking in PvP).

I don't think they have particular love for an specific class, is just that their balancing is very random and the pace so slow that when a class/spec gets the "cold shoulder" it takes months/years for them to buff the "unfortunate ones".

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

Play ele then tell me they hate ranger lol.

but weaver does like 10k More DPS Then soulbeast right now? they dont hate any class balance simply changes.. but Weavers arent in a bad place.. not in the slightest

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Zereqiel.8249 said:

My renegade wearing exotic traiblazer armors/weapons and viper trinkets can out dps my full ascended viper soulbeast. yes i know both builds and rotations. Open world soloing champions? soulbeast sucks, 1 mistake you die. meanwhile, renegade will just use devastation, trait dance of death and it can face tank, kill legendary bounties solo. raid/strikes? alacren needed everwhere. meanwhile, druid can be replaced by other healers or might generators. spirit providing 5% damage? who cares when boss now receives 100% condi damage when broken. soulbeast is non existent because they nerfed it. speaking of druid, it only ever exists in strikes and raids. no real benefit using it elsewhere in pve. WvW? a group would only take ranger when no other class is contesting its spot. only viable when roaming but who does that when you get rewarded more when zerging. i already shifted my main to revenant. might as well join the bandwagon no?

lol no one cares about open world except newbies.

You can literally slap anything on to any class and do the content.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Spartacus.3192 said:

yeah tbh this, my soulbeast has never had a issue in open world. and my im in exotic berserker gear with my soulbeast,

4 hours ago, Spartacus.3192 said:

I don't agree with Zerequiel, but currently the most profitable activities (outside trading) in the game in terms of time/gold earned are all in PvE. Not a single instanced game mode (dungeons, raids, strikes... even high level fractals) can compete with open world farms if you're really commited to spent more than a couple of hours a day playing the game.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

but weaver does like 10k More DPS Then soulbeast right now? they dont hate any class balance simply changes.. but Weavers arent in a bad place.. not in the slightest

But to what end 10k more dps vs how much dmg total vs what target? The point is high dps is not a point of good balancing any more unless your going for max speed kills in some type of race. Its far more important what else you bring to the fight then just pure dps and ranger dose bring a set of stance effect that are very effect in use at least in pvp environment.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jski.6180 said:

But to what end 10k more dps vs how much dmg total vs what target? The point is high dps is not a point of good balancing any more unless your going for max speed kills in some type of race. Its far more important what else you bring to the fight then just pure dps and ranger dose bring a set of stance effect that are very effect in use at least in pvp environment.

You have boon tempest. We have druid with the changes they are both very strong at playing support and neithers needed. 

And fire weaver is meta?... I dunno if you reliese this. But outside a immob meme build rangers got no PvP build?? We litterally aren't used in PvP. 

The only strength ranger really has is support druid and WvWvW realistically now. 

Core elementalist is in a very bad place however both its elite speccs are strong. In both SPVP and PvE. The only place you suffer is WvWvW and that's down to the fact Ur elites are kinda upgrades to core ele and not new playstyles so it retains that problem. 

Rangers got nerfed in both PvP and PvE. And no rangers don't bring use in PvP hence why no one uses it in in the Monthly AT at all 🤣 

There's a reason why ranger has fallen out the fractal meta while weaver very much still is in the fractal meta. 

Every group/raid need pure DPS roles I don't know where u get the idea that no one takes pure DPS. 

And if we talk from that point necromancer is the most hated class since the beginning of time. 

Or I forgot. They became OP this patch so we are susposed to forget necromancers been called trash for the majority of its existance. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

You have boon tempest. We have druid with the changes they are both very strong at playing support and neithers needed. 

And fire weaver is meta?... I dunno if you reliese this. But outside a immob meme build rangers got no PvP build?? We litterally aren't used in PvP. 

The only strength ranger really has is support druid and WvWvW realistically now. 

Core elementalist is in a very bad place however both its elite speccs are strong. In both SPVP and PvE. The only place you suffer is WvWvW and that's down to the fact Ur elites are kinda upgrades to core ele and not new playstyles so it retains that problem. 

Rangers got nerfed in both PvP and PvE. And no rangers don't bring use in PvP hence why no one uses it in in the Monthly AT at all 🤣 

There's a reason why ranger has fallen out the fractal meta while weaver very much still is in the fractal meta. 

Every group/raid need pure DPS roles I don't know where u get the idea that no one takes pure DPS. 

And if we talk from that point necromancer is the most hated class since the beginning of time. 

Or I forgot. They became OP this patch so we are susposed to forget necromancers been called trash for the majority of its existance. 

I am not saying ranger good i am just trying to point out ele has it bad as well. From this update ranger did get hit harder for sure as they did nothing for ele so it was not hit directly but very indirectly.

I think pure DPS in pve needs to be able to replaces a part dps player if they are doing nothing but dps for a group or its always better to bring part dps classes who can dps enofe and bring something else to the group.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

13 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

I am not saying ranger good i am just trying to point out ele has it bad as well. From this update ranger did get hit harder for sure as they did nothing for ele so it was not hit directly but very indirectly.

I think pure DPS in pve needs to be able to replaces a part dps player if they are doing nothing but dps for a group or its always better to bring part dps classes who can dps enofe and bring something else to the group.

But they are. 

Excluding the alacmirage memes currently. 

Classes that build support for the group lose ALOT of damage. You need pure DPS to do the DPS. 

Weaver is meta in 5 man for a reason.. and its replacing several choices which could provide boons.

In raids you want all the boons. But Weavers are perfectly fine to be a pure DPS In the raid among that.. 

Role/class comps are a thing. You never escaping that. 

No one should be replacing anyone and everyone should be viable. The issue is the role a weaver fills is the most popular role in the game. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

But they are. 

Excluding the alacmirage memes currently. 

Classes that build support for the group lose ALOT of damage. You need pure DPS to do the DPS. 

Weaver is meta in 5 man for a reason.. and its replacing several choices which could provide boons.

In raids you want all the boons. But Weavers are perfectly fine to be a pure DPS In the raid among that.. 

Role/class comps are a thing. You never escaping that. 

No one should be replacing anyone and everyone should be viable. The issue is the role a weaver fills is the most popular role in the game. 

If all your doing is dps you should be doing so much dps that your able to take the spaces of at least 2 players playing dps or your always going to fall behind classes who can dps and something else. In some ways ranger can be a victim of not getting to this point when they push there dps at all cost and give up any means of support. I think any class can run into this problem if they are "pure" dps and nothing else.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

If all your doing is dps you should be doing so much dps that your able to take the spaces of at least 2 players playing dps or your always going to fall behind classes who can dps and something else. In some ways ranger can be a victim of not getting to this point when they push there dps at all cost and give up any means of support. I think any class can run into this problem if they are "pure" dps and nothing else.

So your idea is to completely remove the purpose of boons from the game? No there should be spaces in raids for both realistically and there is. 

And no you don't fall behind others who can DPS and do something else. You just can't replace the person giving something else. Which is not susposed to Happen to begin with. 

There should be a DPS loss and there is a DPS loss to builds bringing additional utility. 

Alacrevs do what? 18-20k DPS? Your doing 45k odd. 

Soulbeast does 36k DPS on its pure DPS. This will likely drop to 29k-31k if it's hybridising to bring support. 

Like the DPS difference is there. 12-15k DPS above support builds is enough to give ele purpose realistically. And it does. Ur litterally a meta class. 

Raid environments should be built so u want both boons and pure DPS. That's how it should function. You bring the pure DPS then bring the people who can make their pure DPS do even more DPS. 

Your never gonna live in your world. Because your DPS cannot be 2x there's (which in most cases it isn't far off being) without their boons getting you there.  So regardless. You need the boons to do the DPS. So no matter what they will be mandatory. 

The only answer to what Ur stating would be to remove boon sharing entirely. Every DPS only offers DPS. All boons are self only and every class has them. 

Which would be killing parts of the mmorpg fantasy realistically. 

Pug environments in every game are atrocious to play because of this same reasons and every approach results in some problems. It's very much the case. 

The only way you get past your problem is to do content with a guild. Your never gonna a smooth journey in pugs. 

I'm sorry but you don't need to do 2x DPS and a weaver isnt falling behind your doing 10/11k DPS more then multiple pure DPS. 

Edited by Daddy.8125

3 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

So your idea is to completely remove the purpose of boons from the game? No there should be spaces in raids for both realistically and there is. 

And no you don't fall behind others who can DPS and do something else. You just can't replace the person giving something else. Which is not susposed to Happen to begin with. 

There should be a DPS loss and there is a DPS loss to builds bringing additional utility. 

Alacrevs do what? 18-20k DPS? Your doing 45k odd. 

Soulbeast does 36k DPS on its pure DPS. This will likely drop to 29k-31k if it's hybridising to bring support. 

Like the DPS difference is there. 12-15k DPS above support builds is enough to give ele purpose realistically. And it does. Ur litterally a meta class. 

Raid environments should be built so u want both boons and pure DPS. That's how it should function. You bring the pure DPS then bring the people who can make their pure DPS do even more DPS. 

Your never gonna live in your world. Because your DPS cannot be 2x there's (which in most cases it isn't far off being) without their boons getting you there.  So regardless. You need the boons to do the DPS. So no matter what they will be mandatory. 

The only answer to what Ur stating would be to remove boon sharing entirely. Every DPS only offers DPS. All boons are self only and every class has them. 

Which would be killing parts of the mmorpg fantasy realistically. 

Pug environments in every game are atrocious to play because of this same reasons and every approach results in some problems. It's very much the case. 

The only way you get past your problem is to do content with a guild. Your never gonna a smooth journey in pugs. 

I'm sorry but you don't need to do 2x DPS and a weaver isnt falling behind your doing 10/11k DPS more then multiple pure DPS. 

If your not doing a "speed run" of an fight higher dps then just to make a fight faster is not that important. Boons like quickness and alacrity are transformation boons for classes and team mates to just have an "dps class" over a class with boons like these just to go a bit faster is not worth it for the group over all. Now mind you ranger dose not have these boons as well so its for sure is missing out but to suggest "classes dose more dmg so good" is missing a lot about what this game is and how it is realty balanced.

2 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

If your not doing a "speed run" of an fight higher dps then just to make a fight faster is not that important.

So having optimal boon setup is also not important. Pick a lane. Your take about "ENOFE DPS" is just flawed in context of what you're trying to talk about. When you take a class that supplies a whole party/squad with a boon then there's no reason to take more of the same boon because you're not going over the cap anyways. At that point you take dps classes. Meanwhile you pretend that everyone needs to have "THE BOON" or it's useless. It's not, you're wrong.

If there's a build that can stack the buff/s while having dps build then that class should get adjusted/nerfed and that's about it. Otherwise you are not in the place of crying about power creep when you're cheering for more.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So having optimal boon setup is also not important. Pick a lane. Your take about "ENOFE DPS" is just flawed in context of what you're trying to talk about. When you take a class that supplies a whole party/squad with a boon then there's no reason to take more of the same boon because you're not going over the cap anyways. At that point you take dps classes. Meanwhile you pretend that everyone needs to have "THE BOON" or it's useless. It's not, you're wrong.

If there's a build that can stack the buff/s while having dps build then that class should get adjusted/nerfed and that's about it. Otherwise you are not in the place of crying about power creep when you're cheering for more.

I wouldn't bother haha He has been basically just going into any thread concerning elementalist and said it's a dead class and telling people not to bother with it. 

That's his agenda, it's why he's here. I dunno where he pulled that from or decided it based on. As tbh he's one of the first I've seen generally trying to say Weavers underpowered. 

Any comp can bring down a raid boss. The power creep is so far half the bosses are built to be killed on half the DPS players are doing. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yes you will find if you lack powerful effects you cant max min your class for "end game" like other classes with powerful effects. Something ranger is very much plagued with much like ele. At least ranger has some unblockables and quinkness something ele dose not have in an usefully way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

Yes you will find if you lack powerful effects you cant max min your class for "end game" like other classes with powerful effects. Something ranger is very much plagued with much like ele. At least ranger has some unblockables and quinkness something ele dose not have in an usefully way.

You don't understand what min-maxing means and you're as wrong as you were before. Next time you quote me, actually respond to what I say instead of repeating "can't max min" which doesn't even remotely make any sense in the first place.

1 hour ago, Daddy.8125 said:

I wouldn't bother haha He has been basically just going into any thread concerning elementalist and said it's a dead class and telling people not to bother with it. 

That's his agenda, it's why he's here. I dunno where he pulled that from or decided it based on. As tbh he's one of the first I've seen generally trying to say Weavers underpowered.

Huh... Yeah, apparently 🙄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1