What's the point of Ele?

1 hour ago, KrHome.1920 said:

People said it already:

Ele has access to more skills than other classes (except full kit engineer, but who plays this?), which requires a tiny bit of additional effort to learn the skills, when you are new to the class. <= This is where the nonsense, that the class is difficult to play comes from (players play the class for 5 minutes and are overwhelmed by the skillset).

Once you memorized the skills it's one of the easiest classes, because the huge skillset allows a lot of adaptation. <= This is where the nonsense, that the class is weak comes from (players are overchallenged, when they are asked to adapt).

Weaver completely removes this capability of "adaptation" due to how it changes the profession mechanic. Core ele is completely unplayable trash just like your full kit core engi. So only tempest is left really, which has it to some extent but not as much as you would like.

Ele is in an ok spot. The 25% damage nerf hit them hard in terms of consistent damage output. Weaver is played more  because it has more damage without sacrificing defense. Ele is no longer unique in terms of using healing and protection to survive. Nerfing its ability to support nerfed its ability to be played as dps. Its got high numbers in pve though so anet will never touch it. 

It does have good flexibility in conquest though. It has tools to survive any situation as long as you still have them up 

12 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

There is nothing easier in this game than necromancer......bots can play necromancer with success even in PvP and yet there are "players" who truly delude themselves in thinking otherwise.

Overchallenged players use necromancer and guardian...the number speak for themselves, core necromancer is the laziest build a man can play, while nothing easier to DPS with than reaper......scourge..well no need for introductions

Quite accurate. I multi-class and with core necro, one just needs to learn the really short CDs and everything is AOE, high HP Carrion, Death Shroud etc etc. 

Currently playing the GS Reaper for the sole purpose of countering the Scourge. I tried playing Scourge....just not my cup of tea. 

19 hours ago, razaelll.8324 said:

I didnt watch many of his videos since i saw him AFK at AT , where he play with teapot and complain all the time... He is blocking people just for killing him...

Blocked me for playing Revenant, s'okay though. Watching him complain is funny, not like blocking helps him playing better in pubs when people give him calls that he can't read then complains even more because he willingly makes himself oblivious to any information. He's too good to care for teamwork in a teamwork game until teamwork fails, it's everyone's problem but him.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

I'm pretty sure that Firebrand have more skills(30) than Elementalist(25) and Tempest(29) and 1 less than Weaver(31) if Ele doesn't run any conjures, so false I would say.
You kinda also forget that Ele as a whole have the lowest hp pool and armor in the entire game between all classes, which means it'll be harder to play than anything else, even if have "more" skills to "adapt" at any given time.
Another thing is: Elementalist overall is weak, because of amount of skills, you need to connect 3213153151 skills together to get the same "I press 1, I deal 4513515 damage" as other classes do.
So in short: Elementalist IS difficult and WEAK compared to everything else, it needs to put much more time to be as effective as some randoms playing rev/fb/reaper/whatever for 30min.

Yes. Being heavily reliant on constantly swapping attunements F1-4 plus daisy chaining and timing combos to make the weaver somewhat efficient is what makes it more difficult mechanically to master. 

18 hours ago, Avatar.3568 said:

Ele is the one class that can delete people and players cry about "the effort". Imagine having a class where you can use skills without waiting for any cooldown because you can switch your attunement. Fireweaver is one of the strongest sidenoder in the game and lrweaver can sidenode and can roam and has heavy dps output. Tempest is a very good support. 

People should stop crying and playing the class it's insane to say ele is in a bad spot, it's just not number 1 but its pretty close to it. 

Yeah so that's not a true statement, it's supposed to be defensively weak with "active" healing for others and itself but it dies in 2-3 seconds. Since the game designers are trash and will never be anything other than trash, other professions do 2-4x the damage with literally more healing a lot of the time. 

This has happened on several mmos I play, they make the "true" mage class pretty much just a spec for people to be stressed out all the time playing with no real reward other than the flashy visual effects and colors.

If the profession did any meaningful damage for the lack of HP and defense it would be worth it, but getting hit for 9-12k splash damage or when classes do a 12401, 15091, 17892, 19680, 21305 combo on you in 2 seconds at no cost to defense proves my point.

15 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

There is nothing easier in this game than necromancer......bots can play necromancer with success even in PvP and yet there are "players" who truly delude themselves in thinking otherwise.

Overchallenged players use necromancer and guardian...the number speak for themselves, core necromancer is the laziest build a man can play, while nothing easier to DPS with than reaper......scourge..well no need for introductions

Bots can play everything. There are not few Fresh Air Weaver Bots that are "quite" successful. This has nothing to do with skill at all. You can train any player out there to master any class and for bots it's even more simple.

17 hours ago, Ganathar.4956 said:

Weaver completely removes this capability of "adaptation" due to how it changes the profession mechanic. Core ele is completely unplayable trash just like your full kit core engi. So only tempest is left really, which has it to some extent but not as much as you would like.

They should just overhaul eles like the way they did with necros to make it functional and good with multiple elites and core.

They should also try to force some stuff like keep tempest mostly to heals and support and help make it functional.

If they did this, it would have  its elites function in modes, because to me, ele seems like it shouldn't be that hard to fix.

How hard is it to say imagine weaver is a issue to touch weaver but not core?

Can't they find a way to please make it so when cores and elites are a problem they can fix it directly without indirectly butchering core?

Edited by Axl.8924

1 hour ago, Axl.8924 said:

They should just overhaul eles like the way they did with necros to make it functional and good with multiple elites and core.

They should also try to force some stuff like keep tempest mostly to heals and support and help make it functional.

If they did this, it would have  its elites function in modes, because to me, ele seems like it shouldn't be that hard to fix.

How hard is it to say imagine weaver is a issue to touch weaver but not core?

Can't they find a way to please make it so when cores and elites are a problem they can fix it directly without indirectly butchering core?

I mean there's literally nothing about the profession that's broken or overpowered. Engi has unlimited damage at no cost to survival, no positioning requirement etc. Engi, Guardian, Revenant, Druid all heal more and do more damage. There would be no reason to take an ele for any reason ever. 

I regularly see engis use flamethrower and hit entire healthbars and ruin entire teams, 15-20k hits at a time from flamethrower etc. Self heal past any and all damage for free. Dodge anything we can counter with. Most classes deal 2-3x our damage and kill us within one stun. Ranger's the same, thief can be killed sometimes. 

8 minutes ago, periphery.5421 said:

I mean there's literally nothing about the profession that's broken or overpowered. Engi has unlimited damage at no cost to survival, no positioning requirement etc. Engi, Guardian, Revenant, Druid all heal more and do more damage. There would be no reason to take an ele for any reason ever. 

I regularly see engis use flamethrower and hit entire healthbars and ruin entire teams, 15-20k hits at a time from flamethrower etc. Self heal past any and all damage for free. Dodge anything we can counter with. Most classes deal 2-3x our damage and kill us within one stun. Ranger's the same, thief can be killed sometimes. 

But i'm not propositioning a nerf, rather buff in some ways and overhaul of stuff that doesn't work.

For instance weaver can continue to be a duelist, since it is already built that way in mind.

Fire has been touched for instance to deal with weaver, but why not balance it in such a way that fire air don't need nerfs, and instead touch weaver if thats a issue? If fire and air gets touched, it hurts core.

Edited by Axl.8924
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Axl.8924 said:

But i'm not propositioning a nerf, rather buff in some ways and overhaul of stuff that doesn't work.

For instance weaver can continue to be a duelist, since it is already built that way in mind.

Weaver's a duelist with like one very specific spec, otherwise no it just dies usually in 2 hits.

people think weaver is super hard.... LMAO... It might take a bit longer time to get used to the different skills. But after like 10-15 games, you will get used to it...

And fireweaver is THE best sidenoder in game in the current meta... 

1v1 wise, power rev is much harder than fireweaver. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1