Living World Season 3 Return (June 29 - August 10)

3 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Whelp, there goes any thought/chance of getting the Legendary trinket. 

Sigh. 

I could not even make it to the first (second?) checkpoint.  Stupid lava. 

There are now a lot of squads of friendly mesmers who help players and port to all the checkpoints. With this help the achievement is easy.

1 hour ago, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

Ok, I'm gonna go cry a bit before logging in today...
This means that we would go through every single one of those with the next episodes too... I was so happy when I completed Siren's Landing without Mesmer help...

I guess for those who haven't completed it yet, it is an opportunity to use ppl's help. The maps are a bit more populated again, so it's easy to find someone.

As far as I’m aware, only the Ember Bay one requires the checkpoints so the other two can be done with teleport to friend stones or Mesmer chain portaling. 

Edited by Ayrilana.1396
  • Like 1

A group of us tried this jp today and pretty much everyone has quit for the day because they were so frustrated with this. There were some groups porting but it was very confusing because people were dropping portals without saying anything and people had no idea if they were getting to the next correct spot or they got ported back to where they had just been. I finally quit taking any portals and went to my Prototype Position Rewinder which helped immensely. I was using Tekkit's route which is wonderful though sometimes a bit hard to see in the lava. It still took me a long time but between the guide and the Rewinder I was finally able to make it up to the top. This is definitely a chalice of tears and rage.....

I do notice that some are advertising they are porting only portions of the JP which is wonderful but I wish they would put what IP they are in as not every group is in the same IP and if you change maps you lose all the progress you made. Also Port to Friends caused at least one member of our group to lose all progress which equaled a rage quit.  I just wish Anet would make the checkpoints good for 12 hours or so once you got them so you could do this in bits no matter what IP you were on. 

• Like 1

The ooze at the end chest is so troll. I helped someone that was porting checkpoints on my mesmer , really makes things a lot smoother along with the prototype position rewinder.

Some of the people that love JPs (not me of course) are able to do this in a few minutes.

• Sad 1

I really don't understand the complaints here, this living story episode is one of the best since the start of the game: the atmosphere of the map, the return of the fire islands, good story, ''lazarus'' ❤️ and finally a complicated jumping puzzle...

It's really nice to go back, it changes us from the saga of boredom.

And a little challenge feels good..... i am in such a hurry to go back to draconis mons, best jp after this one 😍

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Not easy.  Was in a squad with the Mesmer(s). 

Have to make it to the first checkpoint...lol. 

Plus, there weren't loads of squads, just the one. 

use miniature tonic, will help in some thick passages where camera get mad. another tool is prototype rewind position.

34 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Not sure being smaller than a very small Asura will help burning up in lava.  Lol, but thanks. 

The tonic is supposed to help with the awkward angles of the camera, that can cause your character to obstruct most of view.

Now that they neutered Resistance, I doubt there is anything left to help against the burning.

Edited by Fueki.4753