Longbow could use an update/revision.

Panncakez.1290

5 minutes ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

What are you even saying? Class doesnt matter.

Rifle is a RANGED weapon, so why shouldnt I compare it to another RANGED weapon? Because most other weapons are melee? I also never said it should have more skills. I said that rifle is worse than longbow in every aspect.

So hard to understand?

And what do you even want? as a ranger a range class you cant even use a rifle or pistol but as a warrior hell yeah high iq 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, xDuckYx.4920 said:

And what do you even want? as a ranger a range class you cant even use a rifle or pistol but as a warrior hell yeah high iq 

No, Ranger is not a 'range' class. That designation doesn't make sense. It has BOTH ranged AND melee weapons. You are just inventing things to argue with people. 

#hammeringscrubLBowRangerssincePONG

Edited by Obtena.7952

4 minutes ago, xDuckYx.4920 said:

Rifle is worst only for a melee class or is rifle worst for snipers than a longbow for rangers? like sniper with rifle has how much attack skills? compare it with bow on ranger and you see the problem

Ok forget it, you just keep comparing stuff with no logic whatsoever. 

ok cool a ranger is not a range class because Anet said so fine maybe google will help you if you want to know what a ranger is.... like i said Anet devs iq is somewhere in minus when they mean a ranger is no range class....main weapon bow but no range class oh yeah 

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, xDuckYx.4920 said:

ok cool a ranger is not a range class because Anet said so fine maybe google will help you if you want to know what a ranger is.... like i said Anet devs iq is somewhere in minus when they mean a ranger is no range class....main weapon bow but no range class oh yeah 

That doesn't make sense. Ranger is whatever Anet decides it is in GW2. Rangers have main weapons that are more than just bows in GW2 (and in lots of other games and stories too!!!). Maybe stop applying your definitions in ad hoc ways to argue with people. 

#crushingLbowcampingnoobssincePACMAN

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

Just now, xDuckYx.4920 said:

cool story maybe they should give snipers some horns to attack and remove rifle because a sniper dont use rifles only

Maybe they should ... it's up to Anet. They define what classes are in this game.

I mean, removing rifles from sniper doesn't make sense though ... that's just bad acting on your part. 

4 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Maybe they should ... it's up to Anet. They define what classes are in this game.

I mean, removing rifles from sniper doesn't make sense though ... that's just bad acting on your part. 

no its not if anet decides a ranger is no range so why should be a sniper? its not bad acting you know its on anet.... in 99% of all games and all movies etc. a ranger is an archer but you still claim a ranger is no range class because anet said so

Edited by xDuckYx.4920
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, xDuckYx.4920 said:

I did google it.

Those are the most common definitions of various online dictionaries:

ranger[ reyn-jer ]

noun

1 . forest ranger
2. one of a body of armed guards who patrol a region.
3. (initial capital letter) a U.S. soldier in World War II specially trained for making surprise raids and attacks in small groups.
4. a soldier specially trained in the techniques of guerrilla warfare, especially in jungle terrain.
5. a person who ranges or roves.
6. (especially in Texas) a member of the state police.

Wikipedia's description of ranger (specifically referring to the character class in fantasy):

Rangers are usually associated with the wisdom of nature. Rangers tend to be wise, hardy, cunning, and perceptive in addition to being skilled woodsmen. Many are skilled in woodcraft, stealth, wilderness survival, beast-mastery, herbalism, tracking, and sometimes "nature magic" or have a resistance to magic. Rangers spend a great deal of time hunting, fishing, and camping—whether on a short- or long-term basis—and their preferred martial arts weapons leans towards practical-utility: archery, knife fighting, stick-fighting, axeplay, spearplay and swordplay.

Not too far off from Anets description of a ranger in GW2.
Nowhere does it say ranger equals archer.
Edited by UmbraNoctis.1907
  • Like 2

LB is literally the single greatest long range weapon in the game, period. Equip a rangers LB skills to any power based class/spec and they will be better than they were without it. It has 1 defensive skill, a very useful utility CC skill, very high power damage from such a long range. Even without sicem or OWP, RF alone on the right stats and build can easily dismount ppl in wvw. Barrage is actually  crazy strong, i think you’re just using it wrong. Even in 1v1 or 1vX situations it can be useful. ever since anet buffed barrage it has actually become a very good skill, but because it locks you in place you have to be careful of when to use it. 

The problem with your suggestion is that soulbeast in particular already has too many offensive+ defensive capabilities, meaning things that are a “must dodge/block”. If you don’t dodge out of an entire RF+OWP, you can die. Same with smoke assault+OWP. 

Adding even more dmg capabilities to LB would be very bad imo. Soulbeast already feels like a spec that’s too easy to get good results with on WS traitline paired with some boon duration. 

With you suggestion, if enemy ranger attacks you from 1200-1500 range, you have to dodge RF, you have to dodge the new hunters shot you suggested, you have to dodge smoke assault, and then you gotta dodge takedown, WI, GS#5, maul. It’s too many things. Meanwhile he can just use dolyak stance so you can’t CC him as a way to defend yourself.

And even after all that, ranger can still just use smokescale stealth leap and do it all over again, just without sicem and OWP. 

10 minutes ago, bigo.9037 said:

LB is literally the single greatest long range weapon in the game, period. Equip a rangers LB skills to any power based class/spec and they will be better than they were without it. It has 1 defensive skill, a very useful utility CC skill, very high power damage from such a long range. Even without sicem or OWP, RF alone on the right stats and build can easily dismount ppl in wvw. Barrage is actually  crazy strong, i think you’re just using it wrong. Even in 1v1 or 1vX situations it can be useful. ever since anet buffed barrage it has actually become a very good skill, but because it locks you in place you have to be careful of when to use it. 

This. Longbow is one of the best designed weapons in the game, across all classes. Each skill has its advantages as well as healthy counterplay. It is a perfect set of skills honestly. Everything makes sense for it.

• Like 2

and your other claim "it has nothing to do with class" so why are there class specific armors? Why a ranger cant wear heavy armor when its not a range class? or mages? or thiefs/snipers? only the "melee tank classes" are allowed to wear it and allowed to use range weapons to? so you can play a "tank" with range weapon in heavy armors and and than you are allowed to play "normaly range classes" with light and meduim armors in close combat?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, xDuckYx.4920 said:

Hilarious that you'd say so, let's google it for you then I guess: 

Definition of ranger

1a : the keeper of a British royal park or forest
2 : one that ranges
3a : one of a body of organized armed men who range over a region especially to enforce the law
b : a soldier specially trained in close-range fighting and in raiding tactics 

First Known Use of ranger

14th century, in the meaning defined at sense 1a

Just because you think the word has a single meaning because you chose to base it on whateveryouwant (like a different game) doesn't make it a fact.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, bigo.9037 said:

Barrage is actually  crazy strong, i think you’re just using it wrong.

Do enlighten me what use does it have outside of clearing camps and closing chokepoints? If opponent has atleast 1 braincell - he will move out of it long before the first tick of damage is going to occur.

And don't give me that nonsense about RF being "giga-ability", with the amount of reflects/evades/blocks that are baked into elite specs - the only target you will ever take out with an RF is a full zerker that is unaware of your presence. I do however agree that when paired with OWP it hits hard, but still - opponent must be brain-dead or caught with no cooldowns to fall to such a basic combo.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Panncakez.1290 said:

Do enlighten me what use does it have outside of clearing camps and closing chokepoints? If opponent has atleast 1 braincell - he will move out of it long before the first tick of damage is going to occur.

And don't give me that nonsense about RF being "giga-ability", with the amount of reflects/evades/blocks that are baked into elite specs - the only target you will ever take out with an RF is a full zerker that is unaware of your presence. I do however agree that when paired with OWP it hits hard, but still - opponent must be brain-dead or caught with no cooldowns to fall to such a basic combo.

? What are you fighting exactly? You mentioned   Smallscale fights so I’m assuming that’s what you do mostly? Are you implying that it’s pointless to try and use RF or just barrage? 

when i say RF is very strong it’s because of the range, channeled cast( for stealth tracking) and the very high damage output. I don’t think there’s any weapon in the game that has 900-1500 range that hits as hard as RF from a single ability with no prior setup. Feel free to correct me on this.

since no DS event is now over, barrage is very good to cleave downed players from save distance. Each tick is usually around 2k for me, so that adds up quickly when an enemy is trying to res an ally. You can also use it after hunters shot as a way to defend yourself from incoming melee attacks. I tend to do this often if I know enemy is swapping weapons to melee, i cast it on myself and now they either have to wait it out which means you can freecast on them, or eat cripple and 2k ticks repeatedly unless they can force me away, but that’s why you have smoke assault. Couple that with OWP, enemy will take a TON of damage if they don’t dodge or block this combo. 

Edited by bigo.9037
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Hilarious that you'd say so, let's google it for you then I guess: 

Just because you think the word has a single meaning because you chose to base it on whateveryouwant (like a different game) doesn't make it a fact.

ok if you go for the "real life parts" show me where mages realy existed show me where a thief goes invis....show me a close combat fighter jumps for 100+ meters

1 hour ago, xDuckYx.4920 said:

ok if you go for the "real life parts" show me where mages realy existed show me where a thief goes invis....show me a close combat fighter jumps for 100+ meters

What else am I supposed to be "going for"? You're trying to make a point by "the meaning of the word", but when it's pointed out that you're incorrect, you're telling me to "show you magic irl"? I can show you the definition of word "magic", buddy, so your weird last ditch takes won't exactly work here.

You're literally the one that told people to google it. People did. You're wrong. Now you run away from facts, what else is new on the forum? 🙄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What else am I supposed to be "going for"? You're trying to make a point by "the meaning of the word", but when it's pointed out that you're incorrect, you're telling me to "show you magic irl"? I can show you the definition of word "magic", buddy, so your weird last ditch takes won't exactly work here.

You're literally the one that told people to google it. People did. You're wrong. Now you run away from facts, what else is new on the forum? 🙄

And i said in 99% of all GAMES and MOVIES rangers are archers and than you come up with real life crap because the "other" facts that rangers are no range class what peoples here are saying are not true at all only because rangers are no archers in THIS GAME

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, xDuckYx.4920 said:

but dumb kids stay dumb kids when they cant face facts

mixing it with real life stuff omg how brave....like i said show me in real life close combats jumps for hundrets of meters or poeples summon meteors and fireballs and all that kitten

Edited by xDuckYx.4920
  • Confused 1