Longbow could use an update/revision.

Panncakez.1290

20 minutes ago, xDuckYx.4920 said:

All those "longbow" is fine and super as it is are just scared to die by another range weapon than snipers right?

Reflecting 99% of projectiles is not enough for you right?

I would love to see bubbles which reflec melee attacks and all those ground dot circles 

Please explain? 

35 minutes ago, xDuckYx.4920 said:

All those "longbow" is fine and super as it is are just scared to die by another range weapon than snipers right?

Reflecting 99% of projectiles is not enough for you right?

I would love to see bubbles which reflec melee attacks and all those ground dot circles 

There are many ground dot circles which can already get reflected, since they are bound to a projectile. Not all, but quite alot.

Also, if you want people to understand you, then please look up proper terms of the game and use them. There is no "sniper" in GW2. I can just assume that you are talking about deadeye here, the rifle elite spec for thieves.

And no, not afraid of getting sniped by longbow rangers. I just see no need to buff a weapon which is working pretty fine already.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, xDuckYx.4920 said:

Go take a look in ranger forum there is a topic about the absurd amount of reflects etc. i dont need to explain anything

I get the feeling you complain just because you want to complain.

Your topic changes constantly.

Cant you just be like every single other Ranger Main and QQ about Pew Pew Ranger being bad in zerg fights?

Also, you said that Ranger LB is the worst LB.

Please tell me how i can kill people with Warrior LB alone.

You know? Like Rangers are doing everyday?

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I get the feeling you complain just because you want to complain.

Your topic changes constantly.

Cant you just be like every single other Ranger Main and QQ about Pew Pew Ranger being bad in zerg fights?

Also, you said that Ranger LB is the worst LB.

Please tell me how i can kill people with Warrior LB alone.

You know? Like Rangers are doing everyday?

Thanks!

You cant kill peoples with warrior and lb? go on youtube and watch.....

• Confused 4

On 6/28/2021 at 12:35 PM, xDuckYx.4920 said:

no its not if anet decides a ranger is no range so why should be a sniper? its not bad acting you know its on anet.... in 99% of all games and all movies etc. a ranger is an archer but you still claim a ranger is no range class because anet said so

That doesn't make sense ... no one decided Ranger is 'no range'. Obviously Anet has designed ranger to have  BOTH ranged and melee weapons in GW2. If Lbow isn't good for you in WvW, don't use it ... or maybe l2p with it properly if you really want to use it. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2

On 6/27/2021 at 12:46 PM, Panncakez.1290 said:

Longbow, a damage weapon that has one proper damaging skill - "Rapid Fire." Two, if you're facing an stacked/immobile pve targets - "Barrage."

If most of the skills are, in your opinion, not set up to deal proper damage, why do you conclude that it is a "damage weapon"?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Katary.7096 said:

If most of the skills are, in your opinion, not set up to deal proper damage, why do you conclude that it is a "damage weapon"?

Good question ... I think this was asked earlier as well. How does anyone conclude Lbow is a damage weapon in the first place? 

The fact is this: this Thread is nothing but a big attempt to get a DPS grab so Lbow campers can sit back at 1500 and kill people. The irony is that the OP says that's exactly the problem with it ... except his suggestions will only improve it's ability to do that. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3

I'm not reading through 5 pages.

Ranger Longbow, especially when paired with Ranger Greatsword, is one of the best and most functional weapon sets in the game. Rapid Fire + AA is very strong at make range. Barrage against a CC'd or immobilized target is strong. A ranger can immobilize a target, even in competitive play, and get the full damage off of Barrage.

The only part that is suffering on the kit is the 100% awful balance decision to make hard CCs deal no damage. If that nerf were reverted then there would be absolutely nothing wrong with the weapon.

I can get the OP's feelings that it is bland and boring, but that is because we are 8 years into this game and Anet made the decision in the beginning to lock the weapon bars to 5 skills rather than giving us dozens of weapon skills to chose from like in GW1. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Katary.7096 said:

... Really? What else can it be? It doesn't have a single innate damaging condition. It doesn't pump out supportive boons to your allies. It doesn't have an abundance of powerful cc's outside one knockback on a hefty cooldown. I've described my gripes with barrage - it does deal alot of damage, but most of it goes to waste as anyone will just walk or roll out of it before the first hit will land.

I don't understand why people are so up in arms in defending an outdated design that never accounted all the changes that followed in over eight years. The bloody Point-Blank Shot used to be able to down wounded targets because it dealt damage, the idiotic (imo) design of removing damage from cc abilities resulted in leaving LB with 2 "damage dealing" abilties.

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I'm not reading through 5 pages.

Ranger Longbow, especially when paired with Ranger Greatsword, is one of the best and most functional weapon sets in the game. Rapid Fire + AA is very strong at make range. Barrage against a CC'd or immobilized target is strong. A ranger can immobilize a target, even in competitive play, and get the full damage off of Barrage.

The only part that is suffering on the kit is the 100% awful balance decision to make hard CCs deal no damage. If that nerf were reverted then there would be absolutely nothing wrong with the weapon.

I can get the OP's feelings that it is bland and boring, but that is because we are 8 years into this game and Anet made the decision in the beginning to lock the weapon bars to 5 skills rather than giving us dozens of weapon skills to chose from like in GW1. 

You don't have to, half of it are some people bickering about the term "ranger."

How in the world are you going to hold anyone in roots for 5-6 secodns to full cast a Barrage and then wait for it to deal it's full damage?

Agree on cc-abilities damage nerf, idiotic.

It is boring as hell thou, I tried deadeye's rifle - hell, it's overloaded for sure, but atleast it has a toolkit to both engage with cripple/roots and grants you swiftness, it has barriers to fight pesky LB rangers, it has a good (althou costly) disengage, albeit - it has 0 aoe aside from pierce, but all in all it feels powerful, even if it gets countered very hard sometimes. And then we have ranger's LB with a 10s cooldown on RF plus unreliable, and frankly risky Barrage.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Panncakez.1290 said:

... Really? What else can it be?

Well, that's pretty obvious what it is. I mean, you can elude the question all you like, but if you don't know what Lbow is, how the skills on it are meaningful to its purpose and how to use those skills in competitive game modes, you aren't qualified enough to talk about how to change it. 

I mean, SOMEHOW, you tried Deadeye Rifle and figured it right out ... but somehow LBow Ranger ... something you seem to have much more experience with ... just not getting it. Doesn't feel honest. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Panncakez.1290 said:

You don't have to, half of it are some people bickering about the term "ranger."

How in the world are you going to hold anyone in roots for 5-6 secodns to full cast a Barrage and then wait for it to deal it's full damage?

Go look up immob Soulbeast or immob Druid. It's possible on either build to lock someone down with immobilizes. So long as you have some cover conditions you can essentially free cast on certain classes/builds once you've burned their condi cleanse(s).

8 minutes ago, Panncakez.1290 said:

Agree on cc-abilities damage nerf, idiotic.

It is boring as hell thou, I tried deadeye's rifle - hell, it's overloaded for sure, but atleast it has a toolkit to both engage with cripple/roots and grants you swiftness, it has barriers to fight pesky LB rangers, it has a good (althou costly) disengage, albeit - it has 0 aoe aside from pierce, but all in all it feels powerful, even if it gets countered very hard sometimes. And then we have ranger's LB with a 10s cooldown on RF plus unreliable, and frankly risky Barrage.

Well, this is where you play multiple specs/classes in order to maximize your enjoyment of the game. Longbow may be boring to you, but is one of the best weapon bars in the game, and I'd love to have it on my warrior. Feel free to try out Warrior Longbow or Dragonhunter Longbow for a change of pace, but my honest assessment is that Ranger LB is in no need of any real update other than reversing the Hard CC damage nerf.

Just now, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Go look up immob Soulbeast or immob Druid. It's possible on either build to lock someone down with immobilizes. So long as you have some cover conditions you can essentially free cast on certain classes/builds once you've burned their condi cleanse(s).

Well, this is where you play multiple specs/classes in order to maximize your enjoyment of the game. Longbow may be boring to you, but is one of the best weapon bars in the game, and I'd love to have it on my warrior. Feel free to try out Warrior Longbow or Dragonhunter Longbow for a change of pace, but my honest assessment is that Ranger LB is in no need of any real update other than reversing the Hard CC damage nerf.

I might be out of loop, but aren't those immobs come from "roots" that grasp the enemy and can be physically destroyed with a melee swing?

I can't stand warrior for some reason, I've tried playing it maybe 3 or 4 times - just doens't "click" with me. And warrior's LB looks like a condition weapon, might be wrong tho.

Dragonhunter LB is very versatile, imo, autoattack velocity is terrible tho, but everything else is quite good. I mean, why a 45s cd can be cast in half a second, deal decent damage AND create 5 knockback barriers, but asking for a Barrage's cooldown, cast time, damage and uptime to be reduced to make it more versatile is a so controversial. 

4 minutes ago, Panncakez.1290 said:

I might be out of loop, but aren't those immobs come from "roots" that grasp the enemy and can be physically destroyed with a melee swing?

That, pet abilities, Muddy Terrain, and/or Ancient Seeds. Throw some expertise into the mix and some people won't be moving once you immob them.

I can't stand warrior for some reason, I've tried playing it maybe 3 or 4 times - just doens't "click" with me. And warrior's LB looks like a condition weapon, might be wrong tho.

It is a hybrid weapon. You can do very respectable power damage with it. I've out gunned LB Rangers and Lich Form Necros with it before on a power build. The blind on LB 4 is pretty useful for negating hard hitting skills and if you are good at leading the shot at someone locked in a leap animation then LB3 hits very hard.

I totally get a class not 'clicking' I want to love mesmer, but it doesn't 'click' for me.

Dragonhunter LB is very versatile, imo, autoattack velocity is terrible tho, but everything else is quite good. I mean, why a 45s cd can be cast in half a second, deal decent damage AND create 5 knockback barriers, but asking for a Barrage's cooldown, cast time, damage and uptime to be reduced to make it more versatile is a so controversial. 

DH is versatile. But then Guardian on the whole is.

38 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

So this is something I have a lot of experience with, and longbow is not a weapon you use at all in an immob setup.  For Druid, Shortbow is the bow of choice, and SB I don't personally run because I find the immob capability much less (no ancient seeds, far, far less CC access, etc. etc.)--but on the SB's I have been immob'd by, they always seem to run axe and GS, and immob usually happens with entangle.  

Anyway, to boil this topic down, we have two sides.  We have the side of people saying LB is one-dimensional (in various ways) and the side of people arguing against this for either thematic or other reasons.  The other reasons being what you will find the longer you are on these forums--people innately thing LB and pets are OP.  No matter what, and they will make ANY reason to justify this.  

I've stated my issues with and potential fix for LB earlier in this topic, so won't repeat that.  But I will repeat ranger Longbow is extremely one-dimensional and relies solely on rapid fire for ganking and barrage for tagging (in any gamemode).  It's a boring design that is super easy to counterplay and has little justification to exist in the current state of the game.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

So this is something I have a lot of experience with, and longbow is not a weapon you use at all in an immob setup.  For Druid, Shortbow is the bow of choice, and SB I don't personally run because I find the immob capability much less (no ancient seeds, far, far less CC access, etc. etc.)--but on the SB's I have been immob'd by, they always seem to run axe and GS, and immob usually happens with entangle.  

Anyway, to boil this topic down, we have two sides.  We have the side of people saying LB is one-dimensional (in various ways) and the side of people arguing against this for either thematic or other reasons.  The other reasons being what you will find the longer you are on these forums--people innately thing LB and pets are OP.  No matter what, and they will make ANY reason to justify this.  

I've stated my issues with and potential fix for LB earlier in this topic, so won't repeat that.  But I will repeat ranger Longbow is extremely one-dimensional and relies solely on rapid fire for ganking and barrage for tagging (in any gamemode).  It's a boring design that is super easy to counterplay and has little justification to exist in the current state of the game.  

As someone who has used it, and fought against it, you absolutely can use LB in an immob setup.

As boring and one dimensional as LB is on Ranger, it really truthfully is one of the best weapon bars which is made better by trait and utility interactions of the especs.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

As someone who has used it, and fought against it, you absolutely can use LB in an immob setup.

As boring and one dimensional as LB is on Ranger, it really truthfully is one of the best weapon bars which is made better by trait and utility interactions of the especs.

Not just use it, but for an immob setup with ranged control, it's one of the best weapons for such a thing. Yes, it's boring and one-dimensional, because its focused on exactly that purpose ... to keep you at ranged and plug away at your opponent. 

At this point, we can assume that people who continue to pretend they don't know what Lbow is about in this thread are doing so as a ruse to argue it's deficient. If Lbow should change, then it needs to be LESS effective at that single purpose, not more. The suggestions by the OP don't do that. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Not just use it, but for an immob setup with ranged control, it's one of the best weapons for such a thing. Yes, it's boring and one-dimensional, because its focused on exactly that purpose ... to keep you at ranged and plug away at your opponent. 

At this point, we can assume that people who continue to pretend they don't know what Lbow is about in this thread are doing so as a ruse to argue it's deficient. If Lbow should change, then it needs to be LESS effective at that single purpose, not more. The suggestions by the OP don't do that. 

See. Obtena gets it. LB is a very focused and tailored weapon to do something very well, skirmish effectively at range. Greatsword is similar in that it's focus is to skirmish well in melee, hence why the two are so effective together. They cover all the gaps and offer strong damage, cc, and utility on each bar.