Legendary Armory - Cool but what about the upgrade in them?

Nicely done to the all details that the devs could warp up, but I still have one more concern: what about the upgrades in the legendary, can it be shared account-wide? I use legendary to store valuable infusion and put them into shared slot to keep all my character up with the effects, will this Armory update takes that ability away? Will the upgrade/infusion that be put into a legendary be shared account-wide like what we have with templates?

I put 6 infusions into 2 rings and have them in shared slot for this purpose. Seem like it gonna be a downgrade for me if I have to use 6 slots to keep the infusions shared account-wide.

Edited by ZjKjKun.3462
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I guess now instead of putting the legendary item in the shared slot, you'll need to put the infusion in the shared slot, doesn't seem like a huge difference if that's what you were doing.

Yea but like, the ring can hold up to 3 infusions each so I only need 2 shared slots and now I'm gonna need 6. This were promised to be like "no-need shared slot or have to make the effort to transfer the item" but seem like it will be a downgrade instead for me lol

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ZjKjKun.3462 said:

Yea but like, the ring can hold up to 3 infusions each so I only need 2 shared slots and now I'm gonna need 6. This were promised to be like "no-need shared slot or have to make the effort to transfer the item" but seem like it will be a downgrade instead for me lol

Good point.

• Confused 1

IMO WvW infusions , no effect +5 stat infusions, and moto's / deldrimor / abyssal / celestial red infusions should be shared as they are accountbound unlike other ones.

Right now it seems the Novelty system was the basis for the armory, as binding an item is the prerequisite.

Of course they could always iterate on the system.

I thought this feature is supposed to help improve player's experience regarding an ability to share legendary stuffs between characters. This turns out make life more difficult.

For example, I carry only a couple legend weapons and transfer to different characters for Fractal. One weapon takes only 1 shared slot. Now, with this Legendary Armory, I need to use 3 slots to transfer two sigils and two infusions (one slot).

I have not owned armor set yet, but that sounds like instead of 6 shared slot, I will need 12 shared slot for infusions and runes. Not every people have acquired legendary runes/sigils...

Crazy LOL.

Edited by Vryzakis.4093
  • Like 1

In my opinion the system is perfectly fine the way it works with infusions and normal runes/sigils not being easily shared among characters. Imo you shouldn't be able to just buy a set of agony infusions for like 120 gold and share it easily among all characters and being set for every alt with enough agony resistance. 

Or for example buy a set of 18 stat infusions for for example power and then being fine on every character when it comes to that. It's still bascily the ultimate endgame-goal when it comes to maximizing your character since compared to legy equipment it actually gives your character a power-upgrade instead of just an QoL-Feature. 

And having that upgrade on any newly created character on your account isn't really something I would consider right. 

Atleast if it's easily done without alot of hassle like it's still possible now. 

Sharing equipment has been common such as Condi gear among several classes - FB, Scourge, Weaver

So, some would say, if I don't like to swap upgrade items, I need to buy sigils (20g approx.) for each characters. Hassle? 

I guess they don't have a better idea how to handle exotic sigils and infusion with this legendary armory feature. That is why they also introduced recipes to get random charm/symbol. People are encouraged to craft these. I was planning to crafts a set of legend runes, since I still don't have legend armor, looks like I need to do sigils so I can fully enjoy this feature.

Was coming here to post this too. XD I agree that there should be some way to share expensive infusions across the Armory. Currently, if I want all my characters to be able to make use of my Ember infusion, I'd have to manually remove and transfer it across characters every time I wanted to swap. That is a TERRIBLE pain in the skritt for something that was supposed to be a QoL improvement. I think an argument could be made that all cosmetic infusions (as well as cosmetic enrichments such as Koda's Warmth or the Otter enrichment) should also be able to be placed into the Legendary Armory. I'm open to debate on how expensive regular infusions would have to be to also count (I think any kind of stat infusions should also count, in my personal opinion), but perhaps a compromise like "only +9 stat infusions, as the highest tier of stat infusions, will be able to be placed in the Armory".

10 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Why would you use 18 agony ones when 9 is enough?

With the fractal mastery and potions, agony resistance gives extra stats.  More precision, more toughness, and more concentration at a rate of 1 AR = 1.5 points in each of those attributes. full +5/+9s gives 162 agony resistance and 90 stats with an additional 243 toughness, concentration, and precision. This comes out to 11.57% more crit chance and 16.2% boon duration.  Mix in fractal god's +45 AR and it allows for different optimizations of gear to get more damage or support in the forms of healing or such.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

With the fractal mastery and potions, agony resistance gives extra stats.  More precision, more toughness, and more concentration at a rate of 1 AR = 1.5 points in each of those attributes. full +5/+9s gives 162 agony resistance and 90 stats with an additional 243 toughness, concentration, and precision. This comes out to 11.57% more crit chance and 16.2% boon duration.  Mix in fractal god's +45 AR and it allows for different optimizations of gear to get more damage or support in the forms of healing or such.

I see never thought of that.

My best guess is all the people involved in developing the legendary armoury don't share upgrades between characters (or don't want to) and didn't realise how many people do it. A bit like how the deposit and compact inventory options were next to each other for so long before we finally got the option to separate them, then when they were changed to buttons they were back together for weeks until we got the disable option back. That looks a lot like the person or people who developed it use both and never realised that a lot of people don't ever want to compact. I can imagine it being the same here.

I'm surprised by how many people use legendaries specifically to share upgrades. I use the same upgrades on the legendary weapons I share but only because it wasn't worth the hassle of changing them. For example I had healing sigils in the Bifrost for my ranger to use in raids and just kept using them when my elementalists were using it because they weren't doing anything which needed a perfect build so it would do. Now I'm planning to get different upgrades for each one because their builds and therefore needs are different, I'm just not sure yet what I want.

But since there are a lot of people who use legendaries to share upgrades I do think Anet should add a way to still do that. No idea what that would be though.

6 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I'm surprised by how many people use legendaries specifically to share upgrades. I use the same upgrades on the legendary weapons I share but only because it wasn't worth the hassle of changing them.

But well, when those upgrades is infusion that worth thousands of gold then it will be different, no one would buy a set of that for each character. So this Armory update forced them to transfer the upgrades each time, or use shared slots ( i.e 2 slots for 2 rings, now it gonna be 6 slots for 6 infusions). For me at least I still have the Slumbering Conflux outside of Armory to keep sharing 3 infusions, but not everyone is lucky to have a spare.

Edited by ZjKjKun.3462