Eternity: Legendary Armory Inconsistencies

6 minutes ago, Katary.7096 said:

You accountbind Sunrise and Twilight, you use them to craft Eternity, you sell Eternity on the TP (or by mail if you are very trusting). Arenanet implements your suggestion and you now have 2 legendary weapons and the gold you got from selling Eternity. Now maybe I am blind on both eyes, but I don't see how THAT is supposed to be a fair solution.

Yup, exactly. The player would need to HAVE eternity along with unlocked skins of sunrise/twilight. But for some reason when I wrote that above, someone got very confused 🙃

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

If they bought Eternity, they don't have all the skins. So if someone has Eternity +the skins of twilight/sunrise unlocked THEN unlock all 3 in armory

They would as unlocking the Eternity skin also unlocks Sunrise and Twilight (and their precursor skins too, I think).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Pifil.5193 said:

They would as unlocking the Eternity skin also unlocks Sunrise and Twilight (and their precursor skins too, I think).

Yeah, checked wiki and you're correct:

Unlocking its skin will also unlock the related skins, Sunrise and Twilight, if they are not unlocked yet (like if purchasing this directly from Trading Post, for example).

Then I guess there's no reliable way unless anet wants to check it pretty much one by one (or checking if there was a delay betwen unlocking eternity and the other 2)? Then this might be why they decided for it to work like that now.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

If they didn't allow the other two skins to be unlocked on binding Eternity, this would be far easier. If a user has both twilight/sunrise skins and has eternity in possession, then that's easy to remedy. 

I made eternity this week after grinding for both swords, I do NOT want to be doing that's again to get credit for what I already did. I totally forgot about the armory update and now am slightly peeved... I put in a ticket to support to see if there are additional details

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yeah, checked wiki and you're correct:

Unlocking its skin will also unlock the related skins, Sunrise and Twilight, if they are not unlocked yet (like if purchasing this directly from Trading Post, for example).

Then I guess there's no reliable way unless anet wants to check it pretty much one by one (or checking if there was a delay betwen unlocking eternity and the other 2)? Then this might be why they decided for it to work like that now.

Yeah, they might have records of who bought and sold on the tp... I'm not sure if they record who created what...

Ultimately I wonder does it really matter?

If someone has eternity bound then, fine, just give them all three gen 1 greatswords.

As someone pointed out every Eternity has Sunrise and Twilight inside. What practical difference does it make anyway. I'm struggling to think of a good reason to equip two greatswords and you can't use three. 

2 hours ago, Katary.7096 said:

You accountbind Sunrise and Twilight, you use them to craft Eternity, you sell Eternity on the TP (or by mail if you are very trusting). Arenanet implements your suggestion and you now have 2 legendary weapons and the gold you got from selling Eternity. Now maybe I am blind on both eyes, but I don't see how THAT is supposed to be a fair solution.

I think the ideal situation would be they get the 3 legendary greatswords as long as they have Twilight/Sunrise unlocked AND still own Eternity. It might be cumbersome though, but seriously I think it's completely unfair to handwave the people who made it normally just because muh economy

• Like 1

I don't think you'd want people who purchased eternity off the TP to get 3 Legendary great swords. That's the other end of the coin that I don't believe you are considering. The same scenario popped up when the wardrobe was released. Existing eternity owners didn't get the skins for twilight and sunrise.

6 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

If they bought Eternity, they don't have all the skins. So if someone has Eternity +the skins of twilight/sunrise unlocked THEN unlock all 3 in armory

You might want to check the wiki:

Edit: seems someone already pointed that out.

29 minutes ago, Proteus.6192 said:

I don't think you'd want people who purchased eternity off the TP to get 3 Legendary great swords.

It's not any different than someone crafting Eternity getting 3 legendary greatswords.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Soulanimal.3718 said:

I spoke to Anet Support today as I requested some details about Eternity owners and how that will work with the armory. For some backstory, I crafted and bound Sunrise back in 2015,  and crafted Twilight to create my Eternity on 7/29/2020, so one year ago. I was a returning player and didn't know about the legendary armory, otherwise I wish I had waited. 😞

As it stands right now, future Eternity crafters who create the weapon using the new token system will keep their Sunrise and Twilight to pull out of the armory at anytime, giving them 3 Legendary Greatswords. Anyone who have already crafted/bound Eternity will only keep Eternity (as they do not currently possess a Sunrise or Twilight), so 1 Legendary Greatsword. I feel like this takes away the unique 'sacrificial' element to making Eternity.

To put it into perspective, if you own Twilight and Sunrise right now and wait til armory comes out, you'll keep the 2 Legendary Greatswords, and use the Tokens for craft a account-bound Eternity.
If you have already bound Eternity, you just have Eternity, no Tokens, and presumably no account-bound Sunrise or Twilight.

I wish Anet had considered current Eternity owners alongside future ones when developing the armory. While not necessarily optimal solutions for everyone, Anet could consider giving bound-Eternity owners all three Greatswords in-armory on release day (Yes, even if it was bought from the TP), or removing Twilight/Sunrise from armory with the token deal.

TL;DR: If you plan to craft and bind Eternity, wait until after armory release to have 3 legendary Greatswords to use simultaneously. Don't be like me and every other current Eternity owner.
Disclaimer: They may still change this prior to armory release, but as it stands now this is how Eternity functions.

EDIT: Theres a lot of discussion regarding why care about having three legendary greatswords in-armory. I and other collectors want these items in-armory without having to obtain them a second time.

Edit: So the people who have Eternity unlocked already should get 3 Greatswords in the armory and now they would only get 1 and that doesn't feel right to me. I just crafted Sunrise (already had Twilight) and I'm waiting till next week to make Eternity.

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I think that the way the blog reads, that you will only be able to have 2 greatswords in the armory anyway and anything beyond that is just for the skin and animations. 

Its two copies of each Legendary Greatsword according to the blog post by Anet (They used the example of 2 Bifrost and 2 Nevermores, so for greatswords it would be: 2 Twilight, 2 Sunrise, 2 Eternity, 2 Exordium)

Edited by Soulanimal.3718
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Soulanimal.3718 said:

Its two copies of each Legendary Greatsword according to the blog post by Anet (They used the example of 2 Bifrost and 2 Nevermores, so for greatswords it would be: 2 Twilight, 2 Sunrise, 2 Eternity, 2 Exordium)

Yeah I realized I misread the blog so I adapted my post already. It just doesn't make sense to me however cause you can get 2 copies each but I will have 3 Leggy GS in my armory which is more than any character can carry and reskinning is free. So if I want to use 2 times Twilight, I would just take Twilight and Sunrise and reskin the Sunrise to Twilight and presto.

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Like 1

In general, the case is simple.

Someone that has both Twilight and Sunrise, and will use them to craft Eternity on 14th July will end up with 3 legendary greatswords. Soneone that will do that on 12th July will end up with only one.

That's... not good. It should be consistent. It doesn't really matter in which direction it might get changed, but the end result should put those two players on the same footing.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SmohToGo.3819 said:

Soooo, ANET's only going to reward those who are newer at working on legendaries and/or have been postponing until lately,
instead of including loyal players who've been sticking around longer in the game and already "crossed the finish line" in making Eternity? 

Isn't that like... inviting friends to the party, and not serving any food to those who came on-time?
"Welcome to the party! Only those who came later will get pizza!! Sorry, everyone else who came early"

Yeah, it seems like a huge oversight. If you throw something like Caladbolg away before realizing its useful, you can go rebuy it from an NPC for a fee. Why can't they implement something where if you already own Eternity you go talk to an NPC and it adds the component swords to your armory, or just gives you back the account bounds like the new forgers will have. They have other NPCs that change out the obsolete town clothes and town clothes tonics still, could just add a tab there.

"future Eternity crafters who create the weapon using the new token system will keep their Sunrise and Twilight"

Wait, what?

Why?

The new Eternity owners should have only one greatsword and three skins if they bind Eternity (in my opinion). If the support agent is correct this opens a whole new dilemma in consistency.

2 hours ago, Galdrien.1457 said:

Yeah, it seems like a huge oversight. If you throw something like Caladbolg away before realizing its useful, you can go rebuy it from an NPC for a fee. Why can't they implement something where if you already own Eternity you go talk to an NPC and it adds the component swords to your armory, or just gives you back the account bounds like the new forgers will have. They have other NPCs that change out the obsolete town clothes and town clothes tonics still, could just add a tab there.

I had never considered this, perhaps ANet could include something like this in the future?

At minimum, they could give all account-bound Eternity owners on July 13th Twilight and Sunrise in-armory, which would be making the assumption that *everyone* who has a acc-bound eternity crafted them both... but atleast its not alienating those that did craft. Just as like a one time thing? I don't know.

• ArenaNet Staff
18 hours ago, Soulanimal.3718 said:

no Tokens, and presumably no account-bound Sunrise or Twilight.

I don't see where the CS agent said that 😉 They just said they wouldn't be removed, not that they wouldn't be added. Rest assured, we considered current Eternity owners alongside future ones when developing the armory. Auto-converted Eternity's will grant a Sunrise and Twilight unlock in your legendary armory as well. Make no mistake, the edge case that is Eternity has been a nightmare to work around, but I believe we've got it pretty well handled. The Armory is a somewhat complex feature and some of the details (like this and other edge cases) were a little too nuanced to include in the blog post.
Edited by Catmander Neko.5643
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 9

9 minutes ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:
I don't see where the CS agent said that 😉 They just said they wouldn't be removed, not that they wouldn't be added. Rest assured, we considered current Eternity owners alongside future ones when developing the armory. Auto-converted Eternity's will grant a Sunrise and Twilight unlock in your legendary armory as well. Make no mistake, the edge case that is Eternity has been a nightmare to work around, but I believe we've got it pretty well handled. The Armory is a somewhat complex feature and some of the details (like this and other edge cases) were a little too nuanced to include in the blog post.

BLESS! Thank you for this information. Much love Arenanet!

9 hours ago, Katary.7096 said:

In my case I crafted Sunrise around base game era, a buddy wanted eternity so I told him to give me the mats to craft twilight and bound it to my account so I would get the skin, since I didn't care about eternity much. I gave eternity to him so I have both sunrise and twilight skins but no legendary greatswords to show for it. I didn't get the money back from either, I just did a friend a favor :c

Though to be honest, who even stat swaps greatswords, they are always power weapons anyway.

47 minutes ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

Fantastic news for Eternity owners!

Hope you don't mind me asking about a other edge case, but what happens with Conflux and Slumbering Conflux?

1 hour ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

That's fantastic to hear, I'm super happy about that.

While we're on the topic of edge cases, it was said that a small amount of people would be contacted who have more than the possible amount of equipable legendary items. Does this include legendary armor or was that only about weapons?

Edited by Bovan.9481

1 hour ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

I'm thrilled to see that Eternity owner's pre and post armory will have even footing giving, and an incentive to craft eternity for an extra greatsword. But I wonder? What would make this practical or viable to use in any current class? Would EoD theoretically have elite specs to make a double or even a dual wielding Greatsword build viable? 

In my mind, I can imagine a Warrior or Revenant carrying two heavy greatswords with long cooldowns on heavy and impactful AoE  skills. 

Edited by Mirou Shinji.2374

40 minutes ago, El Barto.8947 said:

Fantastic news for Eternity owners!

Hope you don't mind me asking about a other edge case, but what happens with Conflux and Slumbering Conflux?

I would assume it would be treated like any other Legendary separately.  You can use Conflux and Slumbering Conflux both at the same time, and if you want you can disable the effect from Conflux.  As long as you add both of them to the Armory.

I crafted and account bound Twilight, Sunrise and Eternity. So next week when legendary armoury goes live, I would be able to equip any 2 of the 3 greatswords on a particular toon? E.g.Twilight on equipment slot 1 and Sunrise on equipment slot 2.