We need to review Dev decision making.

I'd make the public version a recurring event.

Not 1nce per year recurring. More like maybe 1nce every 2 months. Funnel players to the event via limiting access to it, similar to dailies and living world maps. It helps distribute players to different events and keeps things fresh. We have similar precedent with Call of the Mists and competitive game modes.

Maybe that is already the goal with the Myst Stranger and tying these episodes to the vision pool. We will see.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Owatatsumi.5038 said:

I believe the only thing that should be changed is making the public version permanent.
No nerft at all  on both private and public. Difficulty is fine on both.

The private version is harder so it sould require to be more rewarding than the public version, if the public version stays (which it should imo) the  the private needs better incentives as to not die.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

I'd make the public version a recurring event.

Not 1nce per year recurring. More like maybe 1nce every 2 months. Funnel players to the event via limiting access to it, similar to dailies and living world maps. It helps distribute players to different events and keeps things fresh. We have similar precedent with Call of the Mists and competitive game modes.

Maybe that is already the goal with the Myst Stranger and tying these episodes to the vision pool. We will see.

This is also a good alternative, aking it an event would naturally funnel ppl in.

51 minutes ago, zealex.9410 said:

The private version is harder so it sould require to be more rewarding than the public version, if the public version stays (which it should imo) the  the private needs better incentives as to not die.

I also agree that the public version should stay. The incentive for the private squad is already there and that is the fact that you can start it any time you want. It doesn't need anything extra.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Metaljaw.6437 said:

Reading comprehension 101. I don't give 2 you-know-whats about the difficulty. I do care about achievements out of line with the timing of the event that put me in a position doing a high probability fail event that takes 20 minutes for .5g only when it succeeds.

Since that doesn't appear to be clear: DEVS - UP THE REWARDS FOR COMPLETIONS AFTER THE DAILY COMPLETION OR DROP THE WATCHWORK WRECKER ACHIEVEMENT TO ONLY 6 COMPLETIONS REQUIRED.

what is this kitten attitude? If you want to do it for achievemnts then do it for achievments and dont go in here demanding big money on top of your achievments

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mateus.5148 said:

I also agree that the public version should stay. The incentive for the private squad is already there and that is the fact that you can start it any time you want. It doesn't need anything extra.

It wont matter that you can do it any time you want if most ppl will rather choose the easier and always guarantee public mode.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I don't mind the difficulty for private squad, but with respect, if people are gonna join one, it's best to pay attention to instructions, learn to dodge, learn your class (it's been 2 expansions now...) and just push yourself to be better. Marionette is not like a raid but it only takes one person to ruin the ENTIRE run and not everyone has time to waste on little mistakes...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

It absolutely is a people filtering problem ... and not one that should be the burden of the player to do mind you. Like somehow people who are braindead come labelled that way by the game? No, they aren't ... so the idea that somehow it's all on the player to filter 50 people in a reasonable amount of time to create a successful private instance seems rather stupid now doesn't it?

well they should give us ingame filters for example this party requires 500 li to join or 10k fractal currency, and if the player doesnt have that he cant even join.

i am already filtering people for fractals and raids and so is pretty much anyone who does those game modes why not make it official and put it in the game by default.

Edited by MarkoGold.7126
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Tseison.4659 said:

I don't mind the difficulty for private squad, but with respect, if people are gonna join one, it's best to pay attention to instructions, learn to dodge, learn your class (it's been 2 expansions now...) and just push yourself to be better. Marionette is not like a raid but it only takes one person to ruin the ENTIRE run and not everyone has time to waste on little mistakes...

It doesn't take one person to to ruin entire run. You need at least 6 AND extreme bad luck (they were paried on platforms, one of pairs 2 times)

This event can be done with 25 people. With some avarge luck I think about 20% of players can be bad, and run still succeed.

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Szczekal.4325 said:

It doesn't take one person to to ruin entire run. You need at least 6 AND extreme bad luck (they were paried on platforms, one of pairs 2 times)

This event can be done with 25 people. With some avarge luck I think about 20% of players can be bad, and run still succeed.

Good for you.

• Confused 1

I sort of agree with the OP.  Having achievements that most of the playerbase are only going to get during this limted time 1 week event is just a turn off to a lot of people. People have to work, they have prior commitments, this comes out and not everyone can be around to do this 10 times in a week (even though I've already done it 7 times and will finish it most likely tomorrow).

It's a kind of pressure on some people that's not fun.  I'd prefer to join a public instance than a private instance. I'd prefer to have 75 people in my instance than 50.  I'd prefer to have more time to do this than a week. Particularly a week in which they bring out other new content like the Bitterfrost replay.

It's not going to be a problem for me personally, but I can see where it would be an issue for some people.  And I think the reward for playing it a second time is too low.  Again it doesn't affect me personally because I don't particularly need anything from it, but I can see where it would be frustrating to a subset of players. How big that subset is, who knows?

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I sort of agree with the OP.  Having achievements that most of the playerbase are only going to get during this limted time 1 week event is just a turn off to a lot of people. People have to work, they have prior commitments, this comes out and not everyone can be around to do this 10 times in a week (even though I've already done it 7 times and will finish it most likely tomorrow).

It's a kind of pressure on some people that's not fun.  I'd prefer to join a public instance than a private instance. I'd prefer to have 75 people in my instance than 50.  I'd prefer to have more time to do this than a week. Particularly a week in which they bring out other new content like the Bitterfrost replay.

It's not going to be a problem for me personally, but I can see where it would be an issue for some people.  And I think the reward for playing it a second time is too low.  Again it doesn't affect me personally because I don't particularly need anything from it, but I can see where it would be frustrating to a subset of players. How big that subset is, who knows?

Why would they only get it in that period of time?

If its important to them they will do the squad version

if not than not

Farming all and every achievement point is not casual gaming and therefor requires more time

And what is this reward for a second time is too low??

You grind the achievement points or not...

You get a reward if you finish the achievement... Why is that not enough?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

18 hours ago, Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

Though you won't get the reward, you can still complete the event twenty-four times a day. Given that there are six days, I believe that's one-hundred and forty-four opportunities to get the achievements done before  the public option disappears.

Am I missing something?

It's a conflict of design purposes. On one hand there's a design that works towards players not doing the event more than once per day. On the other there's a design that strongly encourages players on doing it more than once per day. They should simply decide which one they want, and either increase daily reward cap, or decrease the requirements for achievements.

1 hour ago, Peanutz.3129 said:

Why would they only get it in that period of time?

If its important to them they will do the squad version

That's the point - they won't. The chances of succesfully finishing squad instance are way, way lower than for the public one. Most people will simply no longer have any chance of progressing those achievements once public version is gone - or once interest in this fight wanes so it will be no longer possible to even get a full instance anymore.

For most players it is indeed "either do it this week or never"

• Like 6

3 hours ago, zealex.9410 said:

It wont matter that you can do it any time you want if most ppl will rather choose the easier and always guarantee public mode.

I fail to see the problem. If most people choose the easier mode let them do it, if people want to challenge themselves let them do private.

Yes, the number that will do it through private will be lower but, once again, there is nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

well they should give us ingame filters for example this party requires 500 li to join or 10k fractal currency, and if the player doesnt have that he cant even join.

i am already filtering people for fractals and raids and so is pretty much anyone who does those game modes why not make it official and put it in the game by default.

Because those filters are arbitrary. Arena has given you all the tools you need: The ability to create your own squad and to invite or kick anyone you want.

So now it is up to you to create a squad with any requirements you want. And you can go as crasy as you want.

For example:

500 li

10k fractal

Blue Sylvary only

First name starts with the letter M

Ranger only

After that it is up to the other plaeyr to decide if they want to join your squad or create their own with other parameters.

As a sidenote I do believe that the LFG system could be more refined though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

No they shouldn't because the idea of this game ISN'T to exclude people. Why not make it default? Because that's not how the game is intended to work; what nonsense is that to use arbitrary filters to determine who's 'fit' for a team and who isn't? That's absurd. That's why. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Owatatsumi.5038 said:

Content should not be "press one button , get kill and achievements+ rewards". That is just ... lame for the quality of the game. New players will get bored easily and will skip big part of the game by boredom alone.

Dragonstorm is everytime full e none skiped it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

No they shouldn't because the idea of this game ISN'T to exclude people. Why not make it default? Because that's not how the game is intended to work; what nonsense is that to use arbitrary filters to determine who's 'fit' for a team and who isn't? That's absurd. That's why. 

No its party selection so that my time isnt wasted by people who dont know anything, i can select who i want to play with nothing wrong with that and if i want exp people to whom i dont have to explain anything thats also fine, its not my job to teach new players how to do stuff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

No its party selection so that my time isnt wasted by people who dont know anything, i can select who i want to play with nothing wrong with that and if i want exp people to whom i dont have to explain anything thats also fine, its not my job to teach new players how to do stuff.

Nothing there changes what I said ... you won't see filters like the ones you requested for the reasons I stated. YOU can filter all your like ... do what you want, that's how the game is INTENDED to be but ANY attempt to 'formally' have a filter is simply not how the game was intended to work, otherwise it would have been designed that way from the beginning. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

Just now, Obtena.7952 said:

Nothing there changes what I said ... you won't see filters like the ones you requested for the reasons I stated. 

You only put your personal opinion as if it is correct, and in truth it does not mater, i will continue doing as i please and filter players as i please. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

You only put your personal opinion as if it is correct, and in truth it does not mater, i will continue doing as i please and filter players as i please. 

No, it's not my personal opinion ... it's ACTUALLY how the game works. No one is stopping you from filtering how you want; as I said, that's INTENDED to be how you can play if you want. That's NOT the objection here. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Voltekka.2375 said:

Just make both modes permanently available. Problem solved for everyone!

Stop making sense! Its the ultimate compromise, leave both in forever on the time they are. Add in battle of LA and put all three in a rotation in the Eye of the North. Dragonstorm -> Marionette -> Battle of LA, boom!

• Like 3