Legendary Armory compensation for duplicate items

So ANET said they would be contacting the 0.008% of people with duplicate items.

Well i crafted 2 sets of heavy armor LONG before armory was even announced. Since then i crafted one set each of light and medium armor. 
Well guess what anet sent me? Loot boxes to choose any legendary ARMOR i want? 

errrr i have all the armor i need so that doesnt help! @Catmander Neko.5643 please help.

Im sure others are in same situation.

Thanks

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Same problem here, I crafted light\medium\heavy PvE 3 times (without 2 items) and got chests where I can choose them again, what is worse as experiment I selected duplicate again and it's possible so I have more duplicates now, I'm confused and lost 😢

And what is worse again PvP and WvW just skins (and just base skins) which can be acquired without crafting legendary.

Edited by Kron.2351
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Is it still possible to get these chests? Or did I miss my one and only chance to get the single unique skin set of legendary armor WITHOUT raiding, and I didn’t even know I had that chance? I would gladly craft wvw or PvP armor 2, 3, 4 times. Anything it takes. Any cost in time or money.  Or if you buy a gen 1 weapon like 8 times do you get this? Or do you have to craft armor to get the armor boxes.  Seriously all I’ve ever wanted is legendary armor with skins that are actually legendary (not shared with ascended) that can be acquired in literally any way other than raiding.  Is it still possible to get dupes and get compensated? Or I guess you had to do it beforehand.  This... I can’t put into words how bad this feels if that’s the case, and I’m not even getting compensated. Can only imagine how infuriating it was a for people who already have every legendary 

• Confused 6

Same here. I now have 10 Legendary Trunks left from which I could choose further Legendary Armor pieces (I already have the maximum number of 3 full sets unlocked, though) or Legendary Upgrades (of which I had 16 leftovers, so no need for those, either).

I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I don't need skins for compensation, really. 😔

I was hoping for a choice of Gen1 Legendary Weapons as well in that Trunk... Support, however, says "No." :classic_sad:  (And no, I did not ask for 10 weapons in exchange for the 10 Legendary Armor Trunks, but for 1 or 2.)

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Fenom.9457 said:

Is it still possible to get these chests? Or did I miss my one and only chance to get the single unique skin set of legendary armor WITHOUT raiding, and I didn’t even know I had that chance? I would gladly craft wvw or PvP armor 2, 3, 4 times. Anything it takes. Any cost in time or money.  Or if you buy a gen 1 weapon like 8 times do you get this? Or do you have to craft armor to get the armor boxes.  Seriously all I’ve ever wanted is legendary armor with skins that are actually legendary (not shared with ascended) that can be acquired in literally any way other than raiding.  Is it still possible to get dupes and get compensated? Or I guess you had to do it beforehand.  This... I can’t put into words how bad this feels if that’s the case, and I’m not even getting compensated. Can only imagine how infuriating it was a for people who already have every legendary 

Oh nooo, you couldn't game the system, how sad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Exchanging a legendary item for an ascended skin. Seems like a good deal

If one likes a specific skin but loathes the game mode in which it is unlocked they might find some use for it. But in general this situation sadly is another instance of Arenanet dropping the ball.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Katary.7096 said:

If one likes a specific skin but loathes the game mode in which it is unlocked they might find some use for it. But in general this situation sadly is another instance of Arenanet dropping the ball.

Unfortunately, yes.

It is really generous to offer one legendary armor piece per spare upgrade. However, if you don't need any more armor (or upgrades for that matter), getting an option to select a Gen1 legendary weapon instead (let's say 1 per 5 trunks) would make a lot more sense, no?

Now 10 trunks are sitting in my bank with nothing to do with them. That's pretty sad (yes, peeps - now the "Sad" reaction smiley finally makes sense! :classic_biggrin: ).

Edit: More sad smilies, please! 🤣

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Unfortunately, yes.

It is really generous to offer one legendary armor piece per spare upgrade. However, if you don't need any more armor (or upgrades for that matter), getting an option to select a Gen1 legendary weapon instead (let's say 1 per 4 or 5 upgrades?) would make a lot more sense, no?

Now 10 trunks are sitting in my bank with nothing to do with them. That's pretty sad (yes, peeps - now the "Sad" reaction smiley finally makes sense! :classic_biggrin: ).

It's pretty clear they chose those as equivalents due to the craft cost.

i.e. gen 2 to gen 2
gen 1 to gen 1
back/trinket to trinket/back or gen 1
gen 2 to trinket/back/gen1

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I got them too. You also had the choice of Legendary Sigils and Runes. But I'm sure there are people who truly have the PvP versions as well. I didn't have all the versions offered other than the PVE raid and WvW versions. So I picked some Legendary Sigils and some PVP armor versions. I think ANET did a good job on this. But I'm sure there are a few beyond me who had EVERY version of the armors.

• Like 2

I honestly don't understand. Why does Anet give legendary raid armor or coalescense to people who have not been in raids? 

It's not "just skins". Of course no. You just canceled all job of people who went to raids for envoy or ring. This is joke? Did you laugh at the raid community like that? Or what?

These are different activities that require a different approach. And they cannot be unified in any way as "compensation" for someone. You need to do alot of raids every week to be envoy. This is not the same as "keep sustain" in open field squad, lol.

Your "compensation" for 0.008% of people this is an extreme injustice for a lot more players.

Its look like: "Oh, you are god of www? You are really good buddy, take please fractal god and voice in the void + all titles as compliment from Anet." I dont like it at all. 

So, Anet, can you reconsider this strange decision and take away legendary pve armor skins and coalescence from people who dont have 750li and 150ld? 
Because, i want to repeat it - this is not just skins.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Jong.5937 said:

Well this is very odd. I had 2 sets of heavy wvw armor and 1 of medium and light and I got Legendary Reliquary

Lucky you.

10 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

1. I did not know about the Legendary Reliquary until I just read about it here.
  2. How is it an issue for ANet to exchange 5 (or more) Legendary Trunks for 1 Legendary Reliquary when the person already has 3 armor sets (1 of each weight) and even excess upgrades, which makes the Trunk basically useless to them?

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

No, sorry, doesn't make any sense.

I already had 2 Legendary Armors sets (heavy and medium), had spent tons of materials to craft those 31 Legendary Upgrades, and the same for my 3rd Legendary Armor set (light), for which I already had all the items ready (minus the Skirimish Claim Tickets) ... and I am receiving 16 Legendary Trunks instead of, let's say, 2 Legendary Reliquaries?? :classic_blink:

What am I supposed to do with those? How is this logical (or fair)?

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Thanks 2

Support keeps insisting that the Trunks were the only compensation for players that have excess legendary gear:

Thank you for contacting Guild Wars 2 Support.

I understand you have several Legendary Trunks remaining and would like to exchange them for another option. Unfortunately, we will be unable to fulfill this request. The contents of these trunks are the only options players can choose from at this time as compensation for duplicate legendary gear.

They don't seem to know about the Reliquaries ?

Edited by Ashantara.8731

I have 9 legendary armors (heavy, medium and light from pve, wvw and pvp). And the 3 legendary back items (again from pve, wvw and pvp). Legendary armory say that all are diferents so I have no compensation. But I am asking to myself... If someone has unlocked only one armor of each weigh and can't use the rest (let's say pve ones) because they are the same, and I had unlocked 3 armors of each weigh that are not the same (pve, wvw and pvp), why I can't use them at the same time? The logic is irrefutable. Isn't it?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, salogel.1869 said:

oh and people that had 2 conflux before armoury got 1 but people with conflux + slumbering conflux didn't even though they are functionally identical now and you can equip both

Surely it must only be people that had 2 Conflux AND Slumbering or PvE ring? In which case 1 is genuinely redundant. Makes no sense to offer compensation for just 2 Conflux as you can now store and equip both.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Styxgyan.7439 said:

I have 9 legendary armors (heavy, medium and light from pve, wvw and pvp). And the 3 legendary back items (again from pve, wvw and pvp). Legendary armory say that all are diferents so I have no compensation. But I am asking to myself... If someone has unlocked only one armor of each weigh and can't use the rest (let's say pve ones) because they are the same, and I had unlocked 3 armors of each weigh that are not the same (pve, wvw and pvp), why I can't use them at the same time? The logic is irrefutable. Isn't it?

Well the logic is the same as if people crafted Sunrise and Twilight. There is no build i know that requires you to wield 2 greatswords but Anet does not compensate you for that and i totally understand since its two unique legendaries. 
I had crafted some PVP legendary heavy armor and wvw legendary armor. I did not get compensated for those. I got trunks for the duplicate pieces of heavy wvw legendary armor i made