Not feeling motivated to craft a legendary after the armoury update.

I am a mostly PvE player who likes to swap weapons regularly to keep the game fresh, sometimes I dont wanna use sword/focus and greatsword on my guardian but a longbow instead.
I only have one legendary so far which is Twilight and I wanted to craft more however after the update it feels like I am basically only crafting it for the skin, as ascended weapons are more handy to me because I can swap them easier.
I know that this can be fixed with templates however to use a template just to swap weapons feels weird, on top of not being very useful when I already use one of my slots for my condi build. I know that I can still buy more but this really isnt the fix I wanna have to put myself through, since it kinda goes against the whole legendary being the ultimate QoL.
So far ofcourse this is not that big of a issue since I myself only have one weapon, but the more weapons I will have the bigger this issue will become, which ultimately demotivates me from actually crafting another legendary.
I know that this is quite a specific issue and that most people find the armoury very handy especially if you have legendary armor or trinkets, since these dont have pretty much any issues, so with this post I am hoping some of the devs see it and see that it is not just a problem of the minmax group in the game but also regular players.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Cipisek.2147 said:

basically only crafting it for the skin, as ascended weapons are more handy to me because I can swap them easier

It took me a while to understand this, but I think what you're saying is it's easier to swap weapons instead of muck with the customize UI to change stats. The advantage of the legendary is supposed to be ease of swapping and now they're account global. Legendaries are gold for an altoholic like me.

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

It took me a while to understand this, but I think what you're saying is it's easier to swap weapons instead of muck with the customize UI to change stats. The advantage of the legendary is supposed to be ease of swapping and now they're account global. Legendaries are gold for an altoholic like me.

I play a SB frequently, and they swap out GS/LB all the time for whatever content they're doing, and those are the 2 legendaries I have. I'm sure the armor/trinkets are better in the armory since you don't constantly swap them out, but messing with the GS/LB is just... I want to say annoying moreso than anything else. Stats aren't saved at all, sigils and infusions are booted out every swap, I have to reskin them every time if I want to maintain a certain kind of look. Add on that every time I swap I have to click the item like 2-3 more times in the Equipment tab to actually quickly put the sigils/infusions in quickly and the novelty has pretty well worn off for the weapons part of the Armory, for me. 

Edited by Caitir.6947
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Cipisek.2147 said:

I am a mostly PvE player who likes to swap weapons regularly to keep the game fresh, sometimes I dont wanna use sword/focus and greatsword on my guardian but a longbow instead.
I only have one legendary so far which is Twilight and I wanted to craft more however after the update it feels like I am basically only crafting it for the skin, as ascended weapons are more handy to me because I can swap them easier.
I know that this can be fixed with templates however to use a template just to swap weapons feels weird, on top of not being very useful when I already use one of my slots for my condi build. I know that I can still buy more but this really isnt the fix I wanna have to put myself through, since it kinda goes against the whole legendary being the ultimate QoL.
So far ofcourse this is not that big of a issue since I myself only have one weapon, but the more weapons I will have the bigger this issue will become, which ultimately demotivates me from actually crafting another legendary.
I know that this is quite a specific issue and that most people find the armoury very handy especially if you have legendary armor or trinkets, since these dont have pretty much any issues, so with this post I am hoping some of the devs see it and see that it is not just a problem of the minmax group in the game but also regular players.

so.. what you are saying is.. you have several set of infusion and legendary rune at your hand, slot in every set of weapon you use. instead of having one set and swap them one by one?  if you already have that much legendary i bet you have no need to create anything else

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

If you want to change say the offhand sword for a focus on a mesmer if its legendary you have to equip it select stats and put in infusions and sigils. I can either do that or i can right click equip asc focus.

Yes i could buy a loadout and fix it but im hardly inclined to give anet my money for the mess that is the loadouts, let alone doing so for just one or two weapon swaps.

2 minutes ago, zealex.9410 said:

If you want to change say the offhand sword for a focus on a mesmer if its legendary you have to equip it select stats and put in infusions and sigils. I can either do that or i can right click equip asc focus.

Yes i could buy a loadout and fix it but im hardly inclined to give anet my money for the mess that is the loadouts, let alone doing so for just one or two weapon swaps.

This problem is only fixed by using ascended gear. It would have been an issue even without the loadouts, no?

3 hours ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

By swapping he means opening your inventory or equipment window and equipping a different weapon.

Like on my mesmer I now mainly use sword+sword and Greatsword, but I often change my greatsword for the shield. Or will often change offhand sword for either focus, pistol, or the torch, depending on the situation. But now every time I swap weapon back to a legendary, I have to reequip every sigils and scroll through the stats to select the right one. 

When I switch to the shield, my greatsword becomes 2 sigils. I also had bifrost in my inventory, now it's just 2 sigils. 

Right now ascended are more valuable than legendary for me because I don't have to replace stats and sigils every time I swap to a different weapon for a single action. Ascended two-handed weapons don't take 2 inventory spot when unequipped like legendary now do.  And they're more easily sharable through the account since they require only one shared slot while two-handed legendary require at least two, or that you purchase multiple copy of every sigils for each characters you share weapon to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, decease.3215 said:

so.. what you are saying is.. you have several set of infusion and legendary rune at your hand, slot in every set of weapon you use. instead of having one set and swap them one by one?  if you already have that much legendary i bet you have no need to create anything else

If you have 2 legendaries weapon that go to main hand or offhand legendaries and 1 ascented do me a favour. Swap the legendary you have equiped with the other legendary and then do the same again with the asc and then come back and tell me why would i ever want to make a legendary weapon over an asc one, esp since im swimming in asc weapons from fractals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

This problem is only fixed by using ascended gear. It would have been an issue even without the loadouts, no?

Well in theory i would have like 4 or 5 loadouts for the builds i run, and then like 3 or 4 more just for minor, on the fly abjustmemts. I havent interacted with the template system enough to actually know if you can even have so many loadout. I certainly dont plan to fund this meme of a feature just to swap an offhand. So ascended it is.

4 hours ago, Cipisek.2147 said:

Op legendaries for me at least still hold value and for some weapons, like 2h or mainhand we will still likely get value out of them just from the templates alone.

Ill just have to do with asc offhands mostly i guess while i make all the mainhands ik im not gonna swap around often.

You dont like the statchoosing ui from leggy weapons. Which has absolutely nothing to do with the armory, it is how legendaries work in this game (or always has worked since free statswap became available, anyway). Just equip an asc, youre good to go. Unless you want to try something different. Oh boi, swap stats in forge (at a cost), change sigil (old sigil ded), try it out, nuh uh- maybe i should try other stats? Aaaand again from the start

As for the "its only a skin", no. Just... No. You have a weapon which ALL characters can use, statswap for free, at any time, at no cost, sigilswap for free, at any time, at no cost.

How is that not a win?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Voltekka.2375 said:

Unless you want to try something different. Oh boi, swap stats in forge (at a cost), change sigil (old sigil ded), try it out, nuh uh- maybe i should try other stats? Aaaand again from the start

This is the sole reason why I want to craft legendaries.

For context, I've been playing since the betas.  I still do not have a single legendary and the only precursor I ever got was from the Ancient Karka.  I'm too tired after work to do the content for legendaries and I don't really have the time.  So I do a small tiny bit here and there.  One day I'll get one and maybe the journey will pick up speed after for the others.  However, the investment required for them is a huge deterrence for me.

But OMG would it be nice to just easily test new builds in the game!  Again, that's my lure to legendaries.

With the Legendary armory the Armor and trinkets got a huge usability buff, since they are not that changed when set and swapping them allot is not the general gameplay, weapons though are kinda nerfed and if you swap them allot ascended would be better since when you need a GS it is probably a Berserker or in some rare cases Assassins, so a stat swap is kinda redundant and they have the benefit to have their sigils and infusions on all the time. This is not that bad per say since skinned ascended weapon and the old legendary weapons would not be that different since you don't have much variation in stats for some weapon types and having an item in the inventory at all times seems fine , but the big BUT here is that Legendaries are supposedly the best items in the game, the ultimate utility and ascended weapons being more user friendly ruins that.

So if you are making legendaries Armor and trinkets have way more utility value  3 sets of armor for all weighs and 1 set of trinkets and you are done.

1 hour ago, Voltekka.2375 said:

You dont like the statchoosing ui from leggy weapons. Which has absolutely nothing to do with the armory, it is how legendaries work in this game (or always has worked since free statswap became available, anyway). Just equip an asc, youre good to go. Unless you want to try something different. Oh boi, swap stats in forge (at a cost), change sigil (old sigil ded), try it out, nuh uh- maybe i should try other stats? Aaaand again from the start

As for the "its only a skin", no. Just... No. You have a weapon which ALL characters can use, statswap for free, at any time, at no cost, sigilswap for free, at any time, at no cost.

How is that not a win?

I dont mind the UI, what I mind is that I am forced to set everything up from scratch when I just swap my weapons, I gotta choose a skin, sigils, stats and all that for no apparent reason. That is a issue with the armory as before this was not a thing, I could change stats whenever I wanted not everytime I merely swap a weapon out and back.

The fact that I can use my legendaries on every character is nice, however I and many other people will be simply forced to use ascended as it doesnt come with the bother of having to set up everything everytime. How exactly is a system that forces me to not use my legendaries a win?

• Like 2

Well then congrats to you and your newly expendable gold I guess🤷‍♂️

If you don't want to craft any more legendaries, don't. It's your choice and you're free to do so. I see your problem, and it's the very reason I'm keeping lots of my ascended stuff eventhough I could basically swap all my chars to full legendary at this point.

8 hours ago, wolfsblut.9435 said:

This is not an issue of the armory. Its simply that in general 6 templates per character are not enough.
We should complain about that - and that templates in general are to expansive.

An entire template jsut to swap a weapon is silly, even if the cap was removed i wouldnt fork themoney so i can quick swap to my focus.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lokh.2695 said:

Well then congrats to you and your newly expendable gold I guess🤷‍♂️

If you don't want to craft any more legendaries, don't. It's your choice and you're free to do so. I see your problem, and it's the very reason I'm keeping lots of my ascended stuff eventhough I could basically swap all my chars to full legendary at this point.

You are missing the point, op would love to make more legendaries but yet again the system makes ascended more useful.

• Like 2

So youre saying that if you put a weapon from your bag, and then afterwards wanna put your legend again then you have to redo the configuration and therefore can't swap around freely?

I guess that's fair - if that's the case would be solved by simply making each template remember the last used setup for each of your legendary weapons. But further i also see the problem as you can't just equip it from bag and have to go inside the ui to use the legend. Maybe allowing owned legendaries to be created in some sort of icon mirrored version to be equipped from your bag instead then. Or offer up to 2-3 weaponsets to be swapped around for each template with a hotkey.

Edited by Crackmonster.2790
  • Like 1

I still don't understand the complaint--yeah the extra 20-30 seconds is an inconvenience if you are for whatever reason constantly swapping out weapons; but really, use templates and you'll be fine.  

Stat swapping an ascended is far more annoying (and costs gold / mats to do).  Anyone who says this is easier than opening the customize menu on a legendary must not swap builds very often or ever.  

Sure, having the armory keep a 'last known config' would be handy, but the armory is already a luxury so in the grand scheme it isn't that important.  Can threaten to use ascended all you want, you'll go back to your legendary as soon as you need to stat change and I'd bet money on that.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

I still don't understand the complaint--yeah the extra 20-30 seconds is an inconvenience if you are for whatever reason constantly swapping out weapons; but really, use templates and you'll be fine.  

Stat swapping an ascended is far more annoying (and costs gold / mats to do).  Anyone who says this is easier than opening the customize menu on a legendary must not swap builds very often or ever.  

Sure, having the armory keep a 'last known config' would be handy, but the armory is already a luxury so in the grand scheme it isn't that important.  Can threaten to use ascended all you want, you'll go back to your legendary as soon as you need to stat change and I'd bet money on that.  

Thing is on my other classes like Warrior I am already using the 2 free templates I got and dishing out 500 gems per slot per character is kinda out of my budget. I would say I definitely swap weapons more than i stat swap, the content I play atleast really only needs Berserker stats so having to stat swap an ascended is basically a non issue once i have the desired stats.
And im not threatening anyone, Im sure nobody cares about me using ascended over a legendary, Im just pointing out an issue that came with the new patch and can still be fixed.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

Depends. The problem first appeared when loadouts were introduced, but only affected the weapons/runes that were used in more than one loadout. In fact, the reason why armory was introduced was partially due to such losses of fuctionality that were inflicted on legendary gear by the "template" system. It is thus ironic, that armory not only did not fix those problems, but even made them bigger.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Depends. The problem first appeared when loadouts were introduced, but only affected the weapons/runes that were used in more than one loadout. In fact, the reason why armory was introduced was partially due to such losses of fuctionality that were inflicted on legendary gear by the "template" system. It is thus ironic, that armory not only did not fix those problems, but even made them bigger.

They told us : We spent hundreds of hours thinking about all edge cases!! 😱