New Lake Doric rewards

1 minute ago, Quench.7091 said:

I'm sure the main contributor for making the map come back to life was the legendary amulet and the free story unlock they've granted. No other reward was really needed, as those two things are a huge factor in moving players around maps. The 500 Jade Shards might be counter productive, if the goal was to keep the map alive, as demonstrated above.

Exactly my point.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kondor.2904 said:

I mean I like decent rewards as much as everyone else, but isn't 500 jade shards (and potentially other map currencies) for such low intensive activities too much ?  I get it, you need to make these retrospective achievements attractive until the expansion comes out, but they already are with legendary amulet and other stuff. Like, even 250 of the map currency was kinda yikes for the amount of effort required and it's doubled now, really ?

All this excessive rewarding does not just simplify the item/achievement acquisition (giving out 100 for chopping some trees could be called simplifying), but it straight up invalidates any kind of effort and the need to actually play the game. No need to spoil the playerbase to such extent imo. 

500 jade shard? I am sorry but i dont know what is the reward of 500 jade shard? 

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Kondor.2904 said:

I don't get why everyone brings up grind themes and struggles of being a new player. Like I mentioned in my post, there's a difference between giving new players a hand and literally letting them skip the "working on something" part straight to "getting something" part.

Yeah, let's remove any achievements and currency gates from legendary trinkets, include a complete ascended set as a "gift" when you finish your personal story because why playing the game at all, why putting any effort into obtaining long term end game goals, right ? Just give everything to everyone for free, why bother. And then players complain about someone afking on meta events like Dragonstorm. This kind of rewarding does nothing but promotes exactly this kind of passive behavior. Aka if anything requires more than 5 mins of my time and doesn't reward me with full on overstacked rewards, there's not point doing it.

I'm also not sure if anyone posting checked the amount of currency you need for aurora and related items, but as for Lake Doric, you only need 350 of jade shards in total to get everything you need for aurora. You have spare 150 shards without counting map completion rewards/heart vendors/jade nodes. Like, you can get everything you want from this map without investing more than an hour of your time, half of it spent on chopping trees. And I don't understand how this tendency can be viewed as a positive thing, where you are directly discouraged from actively playing on the map. 

Again, I'm not saying we should not have rewards and new players should have it as hard as veterans and stuff. I'm saying it's not a good thing when you flood your new and existing playerbase with enormous rewards of such an extent that lets them obtain end game items and skip through numerous achievements with little to no effort.

And Effort does not mean Grind btw.

The long term end game goal in this game was never supposed to be gearing up though. So I don't understand your point. Ascended gear was introduced when there was far less content. Now there are other rewards to work to, and spending the time gearing up in this game, well it's the reason many of us came here...to NOT do that.   I don't know about you, but when I started playing this game ascended gear didn't exist.  And exotic gear was extremely easy to get.  The reason Anet added ascended gear was that people were getting exotic gear too fast, but the unwritten part of that was that people were gearing up and leaving because thats' what they do in other MMOs. This isn't other MMOs.

You can give people currency to get some trinkets and still make them get masteries.  Because that's what this game has been about for a long long time.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

The long term end game goal in this game was never supposed to be gearing up though. So I don't understand your point. Ascended gear was introduced when there was far less content. Now there are other rewards to work to, and spending the time gearing up in this game, well it's the reason many of us came here...to NOT do that.   I don't know about you, but when I started playing this game ascended gear didn't exist.  And exotic gear was extremely easy to get.  The reason Anet added ascended gear was that people were getting exotic gear too fast, but the unwritten part of that was that people were gearing up and leaving because thats' what they do in other MMOs. This isn't other MMOs.

You can give people currency to get some trinkets and still make them get masteries.  Because that's what this game has been about for a long long time.

One of the worst parts about the whole Jade Shard thing is that you don't even really want the backpack outside of the skin. The Blood Ruby Backpack is better to get. 2 infusion slots, instead of 1, after you upgrade it! The ability to respec the stats using unbound magic! Superior backpack overall, thanks to that respecing. It's all about that appearance skin for a lot of other backpacks. Lake Doric really has no replayability, which contributes to it's problems. I agree in that there's no real point in talking about stat progression for this map, but for a different reason. The White Mantle Scroll is outshined.

Tip to new players reading this: Look into the Bloodstone Ruby items from Bloodstone Fen. Great rewards. Just make sure that you remove any infusions/upgrades from the Blood Ruby gear if you choose to use a Bloodstone Capacitor.

Edited by Quench.7091
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quench.7091 said:

One of the worst parts about the whole Jade Shard thing is that you don't even really want the backpack outside of the skin. The Blood Ruby Backpack is better to get. 2 infusion slots, instead of 1, after you upgrade it! The ability to respec the stats using unbound magic! Superior backpack overall, thanks to that respecing. It's all about that appearance skin for a lot of other backpacks. Lake Doric really has no replayability, which contributes to it's problems. I agree in that there's no real point in talking about stat progression for this map, but for a different reason. The White Mantle Scroll is outshined.

Tip to new players reading this: Look into the Bloodstone Ruby items from Bloodstone Fen. Great rewards. Just make sure that you remove any infusions/upgrades from the Blood Ruby gear if you choose to use a Bloodstone Capacitor.

I like the white mantle scroll skin though.  It goes great with the theme of one of my characters.   And not everyone is going to have enough bloodstone to make rings and a backpiece and a pendant.  On one of my alt accounts, I skipped the backpiece in Bloodstone, because I knew another was coming in a zone I didn't need the currency for much else.  More options aren't a bad thing.

This map used to have the leather farm at least...destroyed by anti-farming measures. 

7 hours ago, jwaz.1908 said:

I'm sure players in the process of crafting Aurora will be very grateful, especially when we return to Draconis Mons... fire orchid drop rates are abysmal.

This is true for me.  I was trying to use WvW reward tracks to get the currency as grinding in PvE is a no-go for me; glad to see can just get them through these new achievements though.  

I hope the same holds true through season 4 of the living world as heard those currencies are annoying to get...

4 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

This is true for me.  I was trying to use WvW reward tracks to get the currency as grinding in PvE is a no-go for me; glad to see can just get them through these new achievements though.  

I hope the same holds true through season 4 of the living world as heard those currencies are annoying to get...

Just loot Bjora Marches and do a few "easy strikes" a day , should be less than 20-30 minutes and in a week or so you should have enough Eternal Ice to convert to whatever LS4 currencies you need.

Game is 95% driven towards new blood to feed the gemstore. They don't care about prior efforts and just want everyone "caught up" for EoD. I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to streamline mount acquisition for EoD too with either in-game methods or the gemstore.

5 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

As far as I'm aware after reading several posts about "back in the day", exotics were not easy to acquire, it costed as much as it costs to gear full ascended right now (well, maybe not exactly right now, but you get the point) and it was very common for player to do instanced content undergeared. 

What exactly are the end game goals if not legendaries (to lesser extent ascended) and gearing then ? Getting emotes and gemstore skins ? I wouldn't say there's anything besides gearing, extremely rare infusions and probably titles that can be considered a long term end game goal. 

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Kondor.2904 said:

Specifically for people like you I mentioned several times that I'm among those who are currently working towards items and achievements at the same pace as newer players. But why am I surprised, Marionette showed us that 80% of the playerbase cannot read. 

Funny, i only had one marionette fail, with very few afkers in each try, along with tons of people asking questions and listening to commanders.

21 minutes ago, Kondor.2904 said:

As far as I'm aware after reading several posts about "back in the day", exotics were not easy to acquire, it costed as much as it costs to gear full ascended right now (well, maybe not exactly right now, but you get the point) and it was very common for player to do instanced content undergeared. 

What exactly are the end game goals if not legendaries (to lesser extent ascended) and gearing then ? Getting emotes and gemstore skins ? I wouldn't say there's anything besides gearing, extremely rare infusions and probably titles that can be considered a long term end game goal. 

Exotics were not hard to acquire back in the day. Beta player here, By the time i was level 80 i had enough to afford a full set for most of my characters. The cool looking exotics ones however did cost alot, and they still do cost alot, so not much has changed there. Players still can do instanced content in exotics. I know this for a fact, outside of Fractals, which actually forces ascended due to infusions. Raids and Dungeons, along with strike missions/Drms can be done in rare/exotic/mixed gear, is it recommended, absolutely not, due to the stat differences but it can be done.

Players got pissed when they introduced ascended items.

Ive been playing for almost 9000 hours(just shy of a thousand hours a year), and ive still got stuff to do that doesnt include gearing out characters. I had to gear out a druid for raids recently and i absolutely hated it, it wasnt fun at all to get that character geared out. Once i got her geared out i spent a good few hours finding a look i wanted for that build.

End game goals is fashion, maybe not for you, but it genuinely is one for lots  of people. "Fashion Wars" is a meme for a reason in this game. Lots of us are here because of what Vayne said. Legendaries always where optional. Before ascended got introduced they had the same stats as exotics items. With the addition of the armory however Legendaries have some improvements that make them decently worthwhile to craft, where before it was just because.

Edited by Dante.1763
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

Exotics were not hard to acquire back in the day. Beta player here, By the time i was level 80 i had enough to afford a full set for most of my characters. The cool looking exotics ones however did cost alot, and they still do cost alot, so not much has changed there. Players still can do instanced content in exotics. I know this for a fact, outside of Fractals, which actually forces ascended due to infusions. Raids and Dungeons, along with strike missions/Drms can be done in rare/exotic/mixed gear, is it recommended, absolutely not, due to the stat differences but it can be done.

Players got pissed when they introduced ascended items.

Ive been playing for almost 9000 hours(just shy of a thousand hours a year), and ive still got stuff to do that doesnt include gearing out characters. I had to gear out a druid for raids recently and i absolutely hated it, it wasnt fun at all to get that character geared out. Once i got her geared out i spent a good few hours finding a look i wanted for that build.

End game goals is fashion, maybe not for you, but it genuinely is one for lots  of people. "Fashion Wars" is a meme for a reason in this game. Lots of us are here because of what Vayne said. Legendaries always where optional. Before ascended got introduced they had the same stats as exotics items. With the addition of the armory however Legendaries have some improvements that make them decently worthwhile to craft, where before it was just because.

Yes, legendaries were always optional. "Proper" gearing is optional as well, like you said. But I am saying that in terms time and effort required the only things in the game that really require enough of those invested to be called "long term" endgame goal are those I mentioned. I don't think there's any non-legendary fashion thing in the game that can't be easily obtained in a week aside from chak-like infusions and maybe pvp/wvw armor skins  (which were technically also nerfed and are way easier to obtain now). 

14 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

Funny, i only had one marionette fail, with very few afkers in each try, along with tons of people asking questions and listening to commanders.

I was mostly talking about private squads, where every lfg and squad message started with "PLEASE READ" . Public's margin of error is too faceroll, so it doesn't apply there. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Kondor.2904 said:

Exotics were massively easy to acquire. I was there.  The actual reason Anet gave for introducing ascended was that they said people get exotics faster than they expected.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

While OP is at it, why not made another Topic " BEFORE, I have to make 9 sets of legendary gears for my 9 toons and now players only need to make just three for all "

Another one of those disguised in the name of for the good of the community " I suffered so all must suffer too " threads. Bleh.

Edited by Mil.3562
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

The others gave similar rewards based on their zones.

Just now, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Did they previous chapters give you more than a stack? If this is the first 500 it might just have been an oversight or Jade is just that easy to farm.

The others gave similar rewards based on their zones.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Did they previous chapters give you more than a stack? If this is the first 500 it might just have been an oversight or Jade is just that easy to farm.

The reward for the Tier 3 Return to Lake Doric is 5x 100 stacks of Jade Shards from Jade Shard Strongboxes. I think it may have been a oversight. Where 5 Winterberry boxes can get you 1 ascended aqua breather, 5 Jade Shard boxes can clear about 70% of the currency needed for the desired map rewards. Intense!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jade_Shard_Strongbox

Edited by Quench.7091