We have a request!!! Please

Could you include in the Megaserver a priority per language (interface lenguaje configuration) ??? So that it tries to fill the instances prioritizing the language.

The gaming experience is seriously impaired for those of us who do not speak English as our first language.

The game is spectacular in every way, but it would be much better if you could find more people who speak your language when exploringmeet others and coordinating map missions.

Please! At least in Latino communities it is a very recurring theme 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

31 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Your own world is already prioritized.

Well, it doesn't work, because the worlds haven't language distinction.

...in addition, it does not cost SO MUCH to do a sub-filtering and that, as the game already warns when there are few players in your map instance, it also warns you if there is space in another instance with more people than speak your languaje.

Minimal changes, taking advantage of the current system, that can greatly improve the experience of all non-English speaking players.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

We have DE, ES and FR worlds, it's just not strictly enforced because that would be stupid.

1) First, learn to read. I am not talking about dividing into worlds, instead applying a filter on the current mega-server system (approve the current system) and give notice if another instance has more players of your speech.

2) Then, it is not necessary that you insult (and humiliate yourself) detracting from the idea, when you do not even understand the subject (I repeat, it is not division of worlds, it is to populate the instances with priority of language). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

They said "mega server", so I doubt it's about WvW. In PvE, all are thrown together, so...

The megaserver doesn't simply fill maps, it funnels people based on their world, but only when the population is high enough to warrant multiple instances. It's why you can be prioritized to an empty map for example, then use guesting to get into a populated one.

If they gave each world a language, it would basically be what they want - either there's only 1 map, or you're more likely to be grouped with your world.

1 minute ago, Healix.5819 said:

If they gave each world a language, it would basically be what they want - either there's only 1 map, or you're more likely to be grouped with your world

The issue is not to divide maps by language (the idea of the megaserver is to avoid that system and avoid empty maps).

The idea would be that the filter "HELP" to fill the maps by language, and offer players to switch to maps with more people of the same language, without separating the worlds and isolating the languages from each other.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Aavataris.5720 said:

The issue is not to divide maps by language (the idea of the megaserver is to avoid that system and avoid empty maps).

The idea would be that the filter "HELP" to fill the maps by language, and offer players to switch to maps with more people of the same language, without separating the worlds and isolating the languages from each other.

Yeah that's what the current system already does because again, the megaservers still prioritize based on your world, which can be language designated (for those that exist) assuming the instances arent full. Are there enough? Who knows. Obviously on the EU there's enough. Why doesnt NA have language servers? Because Anet made it that way. 

It still doesnt change the fact this is the way the server system already works. You're making the wrong suggestion.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Aavataris.5720 said:

Could you include in the Megaserver a priority per language (interface lenguaje configuration) ??? So that it tries to fill the instances prioritizing the language.

The gaming experience is seriously impaired for those of us who do not speak English as our first language.

The game is spectacular in every way, but it would be much better if you could find more people who speak your language when exploringmeet others and coordinating map missions.

Please! At least in Latino communities it is a very recurring theme 😅

For this, there are guilds.

I mean, everybody should know a little bit of basic English these days. I know older people who have started to learn languages simply to stay fit in the head.

And if you are completely against it and want to live in your own bubble, as I said, guilds.

I enjoy the mega servers and the experience of meeting different people and experiencing different languages and that you are always connected through English if you find someone from another nation sympathetic. I absolutely don't want to miss that.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Obviously on the EU there's enough. Why doesnt NA have language servers? Because Anet made it that way

OMG, how do you insist on the same thing again if it doesn't matter?

I am not saying that they separate worls by language, but that the filling of maps (and the option to change the instance) applies a language filter, using the actual sistem.

What you say is exactly my point: "The US has too many instances", yes, among which the other languages are lost into. You are giving me the reason and complaining without reason.

P.S.: The worlds do NOT have to do with language, so that the megaserver gives them priority is not relevant. You complain for no reason 🙄

• Confused 1

Upon entering a map, players will be placed in the copy of the map based on a set of heuristics which includes your party, guild, language, and home world. This will dramatically increase the chance that you will be placed in the same map as your party and guildmates, or other players who speak your language.

As you can see, it is already in place.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/April_2014_Feature_Pack#Megaserver_system

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

That indicates that it is really necessary ...but clearly it is not working:

- Very often I can be in squad with a guild and we were in different instances.
- Moreover, very often, using the guilds, you have to enter and exit to be able to meet another member who is supposedly on the same map.

So the idea should be working, but it is failing. And, perhaps, to it add the option to migrate to an instance with more people of the language.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Aavataris.5720 said:

- Moreover, very often, using the guilds, you have to enter and exit to be able to meet another member who is supposedly on the same map.

So the idea should be working, but it is failing. And, perhaps, to it add the option to migrate to an instance with more people of the language.

Do your guild members all have their game client set to the same language? Do they all have the same home world?

If I play by myself, I often find myself in maps that seem to primarily hold players speaking my language. Only when I am grouped with international friends and join maps they already are on, or if I join a map that is just not very populated (no active world bosses or recent achievements on the map) I see a more mixed population in chat. In really popular maps like Divinity's Reach I regularly end up on a different map than friends  I am partied with thanks to me being on a language-specific home world while they are on international ones.

From my (anecdotal) evidence the system works pretty much like it is described in the above post.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

Do your guild members all have their game client set to the same language? Do they all have the same home world?

Sure, they are all "Latin clans"

What's more, right now we are discussing the subject on Facebook, and it is recurrent in forums and social networks.

Actually, I think it is quite a spoken problem, and I am surprised that they neglect it, since they could reach a much more people (Latin and other languages that are not English) who feel marginalized among so many English speakers. What's more, the new ones ALWAYS ask "why can't they find other players who speak Spanish".

• Confused 2

18 minutes ago, Aavataris.5720 said:

What's more, the new ones ALWAYS ask "why can't they find other players who speak Spanish".

Because most of them speak english regardless of native tongue. Thats not "being marginalized". That the fact of the modern international online world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Because most of them speak english regardless of native tongue. Thats not "being marginalized". That the fact of the modern international online world.

In other games it does not happen, either because they have other systems or if they apply filters.

That a game as good as this has that flaw (missing the opportunity to capture more players of other languages) is a big problem.

Didn't you think of anything else to complain about? you just keep claiming nonsense and being annoying without contributing 🙄

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

55 minutes ago, Aavataris.5720 said:

It weighs more with your server, guild, squad, and party more than your language setting.

Servers have population things called Soft Caps, where the server is 100/140 (Example, servers may not go that high) where people may come on with a right-click join on a party member but won't automatically be grouped there, and Hard Caps where the server is completely full (using the prior example 140/140).  Hard Caps prevent all movement between map instances that aim to join it as  the map is literally full.

So let's say for the sake of example, you're home server is Sanctum of Rall, your 30 of your guild members are in Lion's Arch, you're in a party with a friend who's not in said guild or even shares the same server because you want to do fractals with them soon, and your language setting is German.

If your friend who's also part of your party joins LA first and has very few people added that are in your  guild, loads in first, you'll be put into an instance with your friend over guild mates.  If you both go to load into LA, it already pre-selects the server IP you'll land on as you're loading in, and, since neither of you are technically in the instance, it may split you as it'll put your friend where they'll match up with their server and guild and you with your server and guild.

If you load in first and then your friend after you're already in the instance, you'll more than likely be put into the map with your guild unless it's at t he soft cap or hard cap.

This is how the megaserver works.  Is it flawed?  No idea, I can't tell if it's weighing things properly without seeing every instance of people who are online in the maps I join with their relationship with me (Mutual Guild,  contacts, follower, blocked, or none.) But it seems to prefer friends and guildmates over language if you're not in a party or squad.

Edited by Sir Alymer.3406

always create a squad in lfg with the language of your preference so that the people that want that could join.
Personally I don't like the community to be divided by server language, I love meeting people in game that come from other countries and speak with them even when we both have to struggle to understand each others.

• Thanks 3

The language is already part of the considerations being taken. It's just that the system has other grouping priorities as well, and some (like being in the same guild or squad/party) are of a higher priority. Also, as someone pointed out, all of those considerations are only being checked against people that are already loaded in onto the map. The people that are still loading in, or being assigned, are not taken into account.Also, grouping priorities do not let you override map's soft cap - that one can only be bypassed by a manual join-in.

So, the system already does what OP wants it to. It may not be doing it as well as OP would want to, but that's a completely separate issue.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

On 7/23/2021 at 2:14 PM, Aavataris.5720 said:

is working, is the servers aren't so populated with each language. the most "popular maps", zerg-fest like Auric basin barely fill 5~6 instances.

if the algoritm was strict with these filters, most meta events would end in disaster.

also the date time influence a lot in population per-country, when is morning in america, is night on eastern hemisphere, the servers are filled with ppl from japan, australia, etc.. so a NA guy "unluck" to have spare time only in morning will end up alone lol.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416