Can we talk a little about that 40K Virtuoso Elite

If you read the tooltips they mention they're unique per gamemode. They've at least tampered it down at least 10%. 😛 

Legitimately I'm interested in the role Virtuoso will play. It could be a great +1er/Side Noder depending on what people concoct/trait options on the elite specialization. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kybraga.7103 said:

If you read the tooltips they mention they're unique per gamemode. They've at least tampered it down at least 10%. 😛 

Legitimately I'm interested in the role Virtuoso will play. It could be a great +1er/Side Noder depending on what people concoct/trait options on the elite specialization. 

I am sure about that 🤣 but I would still like to see some big numbers for on all classes for PvP even if there will be power creep that will beed fixing. Makes the meta fun

38 minutes ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

Numbers don't matter atm as they can easily be tuned. What matters is if the animations are cool and feel good to use then whether the mechanics are interesting and promote skillful play and counterplay.

Pretty much this.

People are crying they didn't mention much of actual content ( Raids, WvW, sPvP, etc ) but the thing is what really matters in the end is that the gameplay itself is good.  A HUGE problem with PoF is that most of the E-specs were designed only to look cool, but mechanically were terrible for the game. If the elite specs are designed to pander to scrubs ( sorry there really isn't a nicer term to use here ) again like they were for PoF  IE: lack of interactivity, Mindless AoE circle spam, instant cast attack-while-defending nonsense and other kitchen-sink skills that do VWXYZ with one ability ... then sPvP and WvW will suffer. If they are designed to be both fun to play as and fun to play against, sPvP and WvW will see a revival even if they don't add any new maps. Simple as. 

So far, things are looking good. Virtuoso seems to exactly match as a fix to what myself and many others have been saying about what makes Mesmer frustrating to play against for a while: Mindless clone spam ( Which enables the kittenous strategy of "run away/play passively while clones slowly tick people down" ) and poor quality animations + instant cast ( Mes F1-F3 ). Both these issues appear resolved with the new elite spec. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

It is a channeled narrow telegraphed skill....on a 75 second cooldown can you explain to me what part of that sounds good for an elite skill?  I rather have rapid fire at that point.

I think you have forgotten how was holo elite skill at release. 

1 hour ago, Eugchriss.2046 said:

I think you have forgotten how was holo elite skill at release. 

I think you didn't read that Thousand Cuts which is the elite we are talking about is a channel 3 seconds + 6x hits per 1/2 second interval at a base 75 sec CD while Prime Light Beam is a one time hit with no channel and its unblockable, only reason why its crap now its because the added launch which is a CC which for some reason ANET decided to nerf ALL CC skills to do no dmg.

Edited by Salt Mode.3780

5 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

It is a channeled narrow telegraphed skill....on a 75 second cooldown can you explain to me what part of that sounds good for an elite skill?  I rather have rapid fire at that point.

Except they said it's fire and forget ability on the stream. and if you pay attention to animation, after initial cast, the character moved to default idle with weapons drawn. This does not happen with channeled skills. Which would lead me to believe that you can drop it, and keep moving while the beam is doing it's thing.

Only issue I have with it is that I don't see much of potential for someone actually staying in the arc of beam for that long.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

the real question is if the mesmer can live long enough to finish said animations, if anything it looks like a fun pve oriented power spec.

> long cast times
> everything telegraphed af and, if projectile, reflectable too

> cast times on shatters also means you get no defensive f3
> 0 mobility on everything; there's not a leap or a shadowstep anywhere to be seen
> 1 condi cleanse every 20 seconds
> you can literally walk out of at least 3 utilities

I believe we've reached peak mesmer balance here ngl

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Haha 2