EoD is a $30 Patch.....

I mean games have been preordering before they have anything to show since the 90s and If factions was not your fav that's fine  it mine so i am looking forward to it. For what players are asking for can be very hard to do with out breaking the game or alienating other players its a fine tight rope walk are they perfect at it no. but there doing what they can in with the shape of the world right now i'm happy there still giving what they can to the fans with out charging us to play every month. 

Also with everyone saying the games dieing they been saying that since year 1 of gw1 doom saying is nothing more then a meme. 

11 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

So you dont like it and you are extemely disappointed with what was shown, yet still preordered the expansion in the first few days.

What are Anet supposed to do with that information?

player say they dont like it + have negative hype but still give us money.

Thats not how you should act if you are what you say in my oppinion because all they have to do is shrug their shoulders and carry on.

Technically you are correct, if one does not like a product one should not buy that product.

However a few things:

1.) i will have to buy the expansion to do further Living World seasons. <- This was what ultimately had me buy the expansion.

2.) i was already going to be buying gems this month, so i may as well have gotten the expansion unlocked.

3.) My Roleplay guild wont halt the guilds story or put it on pause because 1 player didnt have the expansion.

4.) I dont want to make the mistake of missing out on content when everyones there i like i did with POF and LWS4 again.

5.) I do want to continue the story, this is the only thing they showed that im not disappointed in fully. Do i dislike their writing sometimes? yes. Overall its been decent.

6.) i dont want the expansion to fail either.

7.) As others have said they havent shown off -everything- yet, so they could still have something in hiding. Do i doubt that? yes, yes i do.

8.) I do love enjoy the game, and its one of the few ive put so many hours in. (Gw1 at ~10k, WOT at ~9k, Starmade at 2.5k, WOS at 2.3k and then GW2 at just shy of 9k), so regardless ill get my money out of the expansion, even if i dont think it has as much to offer as previous expansions do feature wise, and i really dont think it does.

all very good points that yes i can agree to and yes the preorder may have come out tad to quick i mean I'm still waiting for them to fix mine sigh and yes as an rp one person missing content can ruin a mission.  showing more that's a fine complaint though there the rick of spoilers. also i do fell these new mounts are very different from ones we have and can be evolved in living world to make ones people wanted more not going to lie I'm not a turtle fan like coop idea diff animal please. But yes you are correct.  really i joined this tread due to the number of people saying games going be dead in a year yea nooo no its not.

20 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

Technically you are correct, if one does not like a product one should not buy that product.

However a few things:

1.) i will have to buy the expansion to do further Living World seasons. <- This was what ultimately had me buy the expansion.

2.) i was already going to be buying gems this month, so i may as well have gotten the expansion unlocked.

3.) My Roleplay guild wont halt the guilds story or put it on pause because 1 player didnt have the expansion.

4.) I dont want to make the mistake of missing out on content when everyones there i like i did with POF and LWS4 again.

5.) I do want to continue the story, this is the only thing they showed that im not disappointed in fully. Do i dislike their writing sometimes? yes. Overall its been decent.

6.) i dont want the expansion to fail either.

7.) As others have said they havent shown off -everything- yet, so they could still have something in hiding. Do i doubt that? yes, yes i do.

8.) I do love enjoy the game, and its one of the few ive put so many hours in. (Gw1 at ~10k, WOT at ~9k, Starmade at 2.5k, WOS at 2.3k and then GW2 at just shy of 9k), so regardless ill get my money out of the expansion, even if i dont think it has as much to offer as previous expansions do feature wise, and i really dont think it does.

Fair points but dont be suprised if your complaints fall on deaf ears since they got what they wanted from you bud.

And its 6 months away so you could have bought it in january and still got everything you are after, except gems now but chance are you might buy gems again before it release no?

For an example my Pof prepurchase was the day before release.

36 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Fair points but dont be suprised if your complaints fall on deaf ears since they got what they wanted from you bud.

And its 6 months away so you could have bought it in january and still got everything you are after, except gems now but chance are you might buy gems again before it release no?

For an example my Pof prepurchase was the day before release.

Also not wrong 🙂

To be honest, the things i want arent ever likely to happen, ill still desire them, but ANET has never seemed inclined to do it, though they wont flat out deny it either and i dont like that either. Mostly disappointed they didnt add any major game changing feature like previous expansions. Both of which drastically altered how maps are made, and how the game played and felt. I dont think either things they showed here will.

Edited by Dante.1763

12 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

Also not wrong 🙂

To be honest, the things i want arent ever likely to happen, ill still desire them, but ANET has never seemed inclined to do it, though they wont flat out deny it either and i dont like that either. Mostly disappointed they didnt add any major game changing feature like previous expansions. Both of which drastically altered how maps are made, and how the game played and felt. I dont think either things they showed here will.

Well if fishing is a money maker it will change how some people play the game surely. 😃

Edited by Linken.6345

On 7/29/2021 at 12:03 AM, Luclinraider.2317 said:

This isn't the announcement stream it's the trailer.

EoD version of this would be the video that came out like 10 months ago with "What a lifetime means, what an ending means" (cool line).

The stream announcement was: 

Much more info!

Less than 2 months from the release, for comparison EoD is still more than 6 months away.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Dante.1763 said:

Folks can still vent their opinion on things. If they dont think its worth it, why shouldnt they let anet know? If they are disappointed in whats offered, why shouldnt they let anet know?

Unless they have big major features coming for the expansion that they havent announced, im going to be disappointed. It just wont compare to older expansions feature wise in my opinion, if what they showed is all they have.

The only major MMO feature left that this game doesn't have is housing. I don't personally care about housing. I'd personally rather have fishing. They obviously can't put mounts and gliding in again so maybe expectations have to be tempered by reality. The other option I've heard thrown about with a complete overhaul of underwater, which a lot of people don't like and might turn people off.

I'm not saying you're not entitled to feel how you feel. But setting your expectations on a mount expansion when in fact, mounts are now in the game means you were bound to be disappointed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Part of me feels that if they had something bigger to show and went with that and said "there are some other more minor things we will go more into detail about closer to release" there would be a group that would be complaining "why did you show the big things?! Why not the small and use the bigger ones to build hype?! You've showned me the big sellers and now I have to wait and by the time it gets to it I won't be excited anymore". 

Edited by Sigmoid.7082
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

The only major MMO feature left that this game doesn't have is housing. I don't personally care about housing. I'd personally rather have fishing. They obviously can't put mounts and gliding in again so maybe expectations have to be tempered by reality. The other option I've heard thrown about with a complete overhaul of underwater, which a lot of people don't like and might turn people off.

I'm not saying you're not entitled to feel how you feel. But setting your expectations on a mount expansion when in fact, mounts are now in the game means you were bound to be disappointed.

Ehhh. Theres stuff they could do that would also be just as dramatic, without adding in entirely new stuff, along with the stuff they added. Those have been discussed to death so there really isnt any need to go over it again, at least here in the thread.

I'm kind of laughing at this because ESO charges ~$30 DLC and all you get is a dungeon. 🤣 Or you can do the optional but not really sub of $15 a month and get 'free' access to it. There are $30 houses (think the most expensive house is ~$100) in that game and you are still forced to have a limit on what you put in it!

Overall, GW2 has had a very generous setup. VERY GENEROUS. You can get the living world seasons for free just by logging in when they are current. They are re-offering them again for free right now, just log in. I can't see the other game companies willing to do that.

Hell, if EoD is nothing more than one zone with a few addons for $30, I'm fine with that. At least now I can just sit by the water and fish while waiting for Teq.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, miraude.2107 said:

I'm kind of laughing at this because ESO charges ~$30 DLC and all you get is a dungeon. 🤣 Or you can do the optional but not really sub of $15 a month and get 'free' access to it. There are $30 houses (think the most expensive house is ~$100) in that game and you are still forced to have a limit on what you put in it!

Overall, GW2 has had a very generous setup. VERY GENEROUS. You can get the living world seasons for free just by logging in when they are current. They are re-offering them again for free right now, just log in. I can't see the other game companies willing to do that.

Hell, if EoD is nothing more than one zone with a few addons for $30, I'm fine with that. At least now I can just sit by the water and fish while waiting for Teq.

this right here is so true

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Dante.1763 said:

Ehhh. Theres stuff they could do that would also be just as dramatic, without adding in entirely new stuff, along with the stuff they added. Those have been discussed to death so there really isnt any need to go over it again, at least here in the thread.

I don't know what else they could do besides housing that would be a major feature that wouldn't kitten some people off. And we know next to nothing about fishing. I suspect there'll be some surprises in that.  After all a whole mastery line is attached to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miraude.2107 said:

You can get the living world seasons for free just by logging in when they are current. They are re-offering them again for free right now, just log in.

I see they're re-offering season 3. What about season 4 and Icebrood saga?

Edited by Azure Prower.8701

1 hour ago, Azure Prower.8701 said:

I see they're re-offering season 3. What about season 4 and Icebrood saga?

They're offering episodes for free as part of a replay achievement called Seasons of Dragons. The rewards for this achievement as it goes on are very good from an ascended weapon to a lot of weapons formerly only available from tickets or sold by other players, to a 32 slot bag, a precursor for and End of Dragons legendary weapon, and a legendary amulet if you do the whole thing.

All of the seasons are coming out free episode by episode but you have to log in to unlock them. Which means make sure you log in at least once a week and check your in game mail and then if you see the episode, make sure you take it from the mail into your inventory. That will unlock the episode.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I don't know what else they could do besides housing that would be a major feature that wouldn't kitten some people off. And we know next to nothing about fishing. I suspect there'll be some surprises in that.  After all a whole mastery line is attached to it.

Well a whole mastery line was tied to essence manipulation and look how that turned out. 

3 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

They're offering episodes for free as part of a replay achievement called Seasons of Dragons. The rewards for this achievement as it goes on are very good from an ascended weapon to a lot of weapons formerly only available from tickets or sold by other players, to a 32 slot bag, a precursor for and End of Dragons legendary weapon, and a legendary amulet if you do the whole thing.

All of the seasons are coming out free episode by episode but you have to log in to unlock them. Which means make sure you log in at least once a week and check your in game mail and then if you see the episode, make sure you take it from the mail into your inventory. That will unlock the episode.

Be sure to do it on a max level character to get the mail or you will have to unlock the episode in story journal.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well a whole mastery line was tied to essence manipulation and look how that turned out. 

Be sure to do it on a max level character to get the mail or you will have to unlock the episode in story journal.

I haven't found this to be true. I have a free to play account, which is not max level, which is unlocking the story with the mail, even though it's only level 10.

I've been playing GW2 and FFXIV for years and buy the top editions for expansions. Honestly, GW2 is cheaper. The content isn't the same but I doubt they get the same funding either. Truth be told, what you get is kind of a bargain. I'll play them both a ton but I feel like most of the player base doesn't want this company to have the money to afford doing better things. They straight up can't do the same things as FFXIV and WoW because they don't charge as much and don't make as much. You're asking too much. That's not wrong, but it's a different conversation. Would you like GW2 to be a better game but you have to spend more? I would, but I think most of the playerbase would say no

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I haven't found this to be true. I have a free to play account, which is not max level, which is unlocking the story with the mail, even though it's only level 10.

That is strange I have to login to the lvl 80 on my core only account to get the mail.

My lvl 12, 26, 28 and 52 dont get the mail.

29 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

That is strange I have to login to the lvl 80 on my core only account to get the mail.

My lvl 12, 26, 28 and 52 dont get the mail.

Maybe if you have an 80, since it's 80 level content, it handles it that way.  Unless it's the first character you log in on, because I log in on my 80s more than my other characters on my main account. I suppose I can try it during the next chapter.

Anyone who knows my posting history here (going back to even the old forums) knows full well how hyper critical I will be of Anet when its deserved.  This post's premise though is based entirely on content that's not even been played, but rather a 30 minute teaser.  For crying out loud, relax and wait for the xpac to drop before going all scorched earth.

To address a few points however:

1- No, there are no dual player mounts with associated gameplay in the game currently

2- There are no player vehicles that allow for groups of players to travel about together in the game

3- There are a TON of potential major and minor story beats that they can (and might) get to for this xpac that we don't even know about.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, PookieDaWombat.6209 said:

Anyone who knows my posting history here (going back to even the old forums) knows full well how hyper critical I will be of Anet when its deserved.  This post's premise though is based entirely on content that's not even been played, but rather a 30 minute teaser.  For crying out loud, relax and wait for the xpac to drop before going all scorched earth.

To address a few points however:

1- No, there are no dual player mounts with associated gameplay in the game currently

2- There are no player vehicles that allow for groups of players to travel about together in the game

3- There are a TON of potential major and minor story beats that they can (and might) get to for this xpac that we don't even know about.

Been playing since ye old beta, I feel you. I've made my post on character changes, it's something negative but it doesn't need an expansion. For the rest of this though, I think a lot of these folks haven't been up to the cost for other mmo expansion cycles. You're asking too much for how little you pay. GW2 is cheap

• Like 4

In the past with other games I've paid more for less content than this expansion will likely deliver. Why? Because I enjoyed that game and wanted to show my support for the people making it.
So far I got thousands of hours worth of enjoyment out of the game, so didn't even think about not getting EoD if only to support this game studio. Even if the expansion is few areas in Cantha with fishing, skiffs and turtles plus new elite specs I will have no regrets about spending that money.
Playing GW2 is my hobby and there are plenty of way more expensive hobbies than this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1