If I preorder EOD and already have max shared inventory slots?

If you prepurchase EoD, you get the additional shared inventory slot filled with lvl-80 boost.
I just prepurchased and I had my shared slots filled, so don't worry.

EDIT: I misunderstood the question, I thought you meant you're worried you'll lose your boost.
I in fact DO NOT have max number of shared inventory slots, so disregard what I said earlier.

Edited by Lurker.3609
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gorla.8627 said:

I can confirm that you get a 25th slot with the Level-80 Boost added to it. The wiki is also updated a while ago with this info.

Did it took some time? I received those bonus items, but no 25th slot nor booster.

1 hour ago, Gorla.8627 said:

I can confirm that you get a 25th slot with the Level-80 Boost added to it. The wiki is also updated a while ago with this info.

Can also confirm. I can't take the boost OUT of the slot though; it must be used to free up the slot I guess. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Can also confirm. I can't take the boost OUT of the slot though; it must be used to free up the slot I guess. 

IIRC, that's how the shared inv slot + booster worked with HoT/PoF, too. Using the booster frees the slot.

• Like 1

Confirmed. Had max slots, got a new slot, now have 3 boosts.

I don't use the boosts, and would love to put the boosts in the bank (in the event there is a 0.0000001% chance they become useful to me one day), but hate that I can't move them out of the shared slots (unless they changed that, I haven't tried in awhile).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elviszinc.1329 said:

Same here, didn't receive the shared inventory slots and booster. Not sure if these 2 are tied to the 4000 gem I didn't receive as well.

I also didn't receive the level boost or shared inventory slot. I did get my extra character slot and the boat and raptor skins. It did say the gems would take a bit of time. Maybe they will show up in a couple hours. Who knows...

I think the boost is stuck in a shared inventory slot because it's the first important item new players will get (if you buy the game after HoT released you get one right at the start) so the most likely thing to be lost or accidentally deleted and then have people panicking they've lost it and asking support for a replacement, and unlike the banker golem from the base game's deluxe edition I can imagine Anet aren't willing to send one to every character.

Putting it in a shared inventory slot and making sure it's impossible to remove without using it (and using it permanently requires several confirmations) is probably the best way to make sure new players aren't constantly losing them.

13 hours ago, notebene.3190 said:

Confirmed. Had max slots, got a new slot, now have 3 boosts.

I don't use the boosts, and would love to put the boosts in the bank (in the event there is a 0.0000001% chance they become useful to me one day), but hate that I can't move them out of the shared slots (unless they changed that, I haven't tried in awhile).

If you're confident you won't want them you can just use them on a character who is already level 80. They will get the bundle of items it gives but their build won't be affected. Of course the armour is unlikely to be useful but the other stuff is moderately useful. Most importantly it gets it out of the shared inventory slot so you can use it for other things.

I always keep enough Tomes of Knowledge or scrolls in the bank to level at least 1 character instantly, just in case I ever want to do that, but I used the boosters ages ago because a shared slot is more useful to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Preordered the ultimate edition. Didn't get the additional shared inventory slot. I currently only have two on the account.

Is it supposed to show up automatically straight away. I don't recall receiving anything that could be clicked. I've logged out, changed characters and nope still not got it.

Sent a report ticket in and also copied this thread into the request to inform them that others seem to have the same problem.

Edited by Andy.5981

16 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

If you're confident you won't want them you can just use them on a character who is already level 80. They will get the bundle of items it gives but their build won't be affected. Of course the armour is unlikely to be useful but the other stuff is moderately useful. Most importantly it gets it out of the shared inventory slot so you can use it for other things.

I always keep enough Tomes of Knowledge or scrolls in the bank to level at least 1 character instantly, just in case I ever want to do that, but I used the boosters ages ago because a shared slot is more useful to me.

What's funny is I 'always' forget about my ToKs in that respect. I always think of them as the things I keep saving because I need 8 each week for a key! So yeah, that covers my 0.00005% chance of wanting to use them for the boost, so I should use them on a character to get the other goodies. Hadn't thought of that, thanks!

As for the shared slot, it's being worked on (ticket reply):

I have looked into this issue and it appears the Dev Team is aware of the matter and working on a solution as quickly as possible. We do not currently have a time frame for this fix, so please keep an eye on the official Guild Wars 2 forums

• Thanks 2