How much would you be willing to pay for this gloryfied DLC EoD?

How much would you be willing to pay for this gloryfied DLC EoD?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you be willing to pay for this gloryfied DLC EoD?

• full price
    • I preordered
    • I preordered the legendary edition
    • I will not preorder and buy it once it is out
    • I will wait for it to be on sale after a few month from release
    • It feels worth half the price max.(around 20 euro)
    • It doesn't feel expansion level content

2 hours ago, Dantert.1803 said:

And if I am at the release I'll write an apology to the Anet team here on the forums, mark my words!
But if I'm not.?..🤔

Uhm, isn't it wiser to wait with heavy criticism than to badmouth everything before you even have all of the information, then have to go and apologize?

There are things I am worried about, too - but posting a judgment as final as "This is a glorified DLC, it has no real features whatsoever" etc is totally premature at this point and only leaving a bad taste in everyone's mouth (probably the developers', too).

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

The price is AMAZING. I am going to pay full price for myself, my wife, my daughter and my son. Didn't see that option on the poll so there you go. Full price for four copies. Other MMO's can't touch this price to content ratio! I've said this in the past, if you have kids you should game with them (in healthy blocks of time) because it adds a whole new element to the content. I get where the OP is coming from but this post would be more appropriate after launch not the "First Look." As a first look it was wonderful. The house of Hayes is excited!!!!

Edited by Super Hayes.6890
Fixed grammer error
  • Like 3

On 7/28/2021 at 4:50 AM, Dantert.1803 said:

So lets face it, the "expansion" doesn't feel like it's bringing enough big features to be called that.
It's a glorified story DLC.
How much do you think would be a price for the content they showed? Did you preorder? Are even planning to? What are your thought on it?

You say "let's face it" like it's a fact. I'm not "facing" any of that garbage. I bought the legendary edition and I'm very excited about it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dantert.1803 said:

OK OK ...
I've heard you, I'm open to say I'm wrong in thinking this is a gloryfied DLC, I hope so much I'm wrong!
And if I am at the release I'll write an apology to the Anet team here on the forums, mark my words!
But if I'm not.?..🤔

You don't have to hope you are wrong ... because you are. If you were paying attention to the reveal, you would see the features they talked about map pretty much 1 to 1 with features from the other expansions. Just because things aren't 'new' enough or 'liked' for people doesn't mean they don't count towards the content of the expansion. 

Likely wont buy it if what it currently has is all there is. Haven't played in a while jumped in to run around a bit; But my hype is dead and I have little hope. Honestly its just a living world pack at this point; Nothing about it screams expansion to me. (Outside of new specs.)

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2021 at 8:30 PM, Obtena.7952 said:

You don't have to hope you are wrong ... because you are. If you were paying attention to the reveal, you would see the features they talked about map pretty much 1 to 1 with features from the other expansions. Just because things aren't 'new' enough or 'liked' for people doesn't mean they don't count towards the content of the expansion. 

can't agree less... You are wrong and looking at it through rose-colored glasses... they announced things that are sub par to what they made for Hot and Pof. In the first they announced the big and useful feature that is gliding, in the second they added the huge and highly impactful feature that is mounts. In Eod are adding another mount that is just a pimped up mount(still a feature from Pof),  fishing and boats one being something that already exists in any other mmo and that only a small part of the community could appreciate but most would ignore, the other is just another mount that looks clunky as hell and we already have a mount for water!
So no those are not of the same weight or scope, you can tell yourself whatever you prefer but stop this nonsense, if we are talking about quality the new expansion is not the same.
My hope right now is that they are really focusing on story quality and playable content instead...that could make it good

Maybe I'll pick it once it is half price, or in bundle. So far I dont see anything interesting in new DLC. The Vituoso seems like yet another overcomplicated ammo system for glass canon playstyle, that other (even 'vanilla') classes do better. So a pass for over a year for me. 

4 hours ago, Dantert.1803 said:

can't agree less... You are wrong and looking at it through rose-colored glasses... they announced things that are sub par to what they made for Hot and Pof. 

There is a different between assessing the quality and the quantity. First, you dont' have enough info to assess quality, so you can't say it's sub par ... or if you do, that's an uninformed opinion. Second, in terms of quantity, we have a 1 to 1 match for the expansions, even EoD based on what little information we have on it. 

Edited by Obtena.7952