Asking once again for Break Stun effect on Ventari Stance

ChillyKoti.1928

ArenaNet!

Come on!

Every legend has 1 break stun!

But Ventari!

I know, low cooldown on Ventari skills, but they have high energy cost.

Purifying Essence would be the best candidate for beeing a Break Stun, highest energy cost and cooldown is okay.

You still need to think of either using it or other high energy cost skill.

Revenant in general outside of Jalid has virtually no Stability (yeah yeah, Glaring Resolve is there but it requires you to be cced!)

Just peskering again, I do know it has been asked before, probably multiple times but no changes has ever been made and I really disagree in Ventari with no break stun beeing fine.

• Thanks 3

Ventari as much it seems is not in need of a stunbreak. It's a really strong stance.

Things they could improve on is having Tablets follow/tether the owner/targets one way or another.

The elite could get it's CD removed in PvP since the knockback was nerfed. It could also be a healing blast rather than shards nobody ever picks up.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

Everything with Shards is a terrible mechanic,   doesnt matter if its the simple "healing orbs" or the Ventari elite.

People will never go and pick up those things. Most wont even be able to see something in +5man instances due to effect overload.

• Thanks 3

Shards are alright for leaving a trail of heals.  Like in WvW if your group is retreating then the people who are trying to catch up run over some of the shards. It's easy to produce many shards for the tail when running and spamming summon/explode. Only place I wouldn't mind a stunbreak for the legend would be on activating Facet of Nature now that it's limited to 5 targets in WvW.  Otherwise, no stunbreak needed imo.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Echo.6310 said:

Shards are alright for leaving a trail of heals.  Like in WvW if your group is retreating then the people who are trying to catch up run over some of the shards. It's easy to produce many shards for the tail when running and spamming summon/explode. Only place I wouldn't mind a stunbreak for the legend would be on activating Facet of Nature now that it's limited to 5 targets in WvW.  Otherwise, no stunbreak needed imo.

yeah but those orbs to make a decent  effect u need to spam  the summon and elite skill quite a bit  and have the top traits selected, lol 🙂, meanwhile  to day i playin tablet pong , we used a necro core as ball :P.

Tablet elite can be destroyed and called in a  spaming way, that as a aoe stunbreaker every 3-4 secs? maybe faster? would be to strong IMO.

we can destroy it at the momment we call it ence and repeat...

Edited by Aeolus.3615

I don't know why someone would be against giving Ventari stunbreak.

Roaming on revenant became much more clunky without the stunbreak on legend swap ; with that ability removed you're relegated to a single stunbreak per legend already.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Infusion.7149 said:

I don't know why someone would be against giving Ventari stunbreak.

Roaming on revenant became much more clunky without the stunbreak on legend swap ; with that ability removed you're relegated to a single stunbreak per legend already.

I didn't become more clunky, that's game balance taking place, everyone lost their cheesy stunbreak, just accept it.

• Confused 2

People have often expressed a desire to have a tether feature for the tablet. If they were to introduce such a thing, a stunbreak on Purifying Essence (while tethered) would make sense because they could put proper cast times on the other skills to introduce a more traditional counterplay.

For now though, I would rather see them work on polishing up the other aspects of the legend (just a few small things is all it needs) to see how it functions at that point. I would not complain about getting a stunbreak, but the issues Ventari (and naturally support Rev as a whole) suffers from are more complicated than a simple matter of giving it a stunbreak. A stunbreak felt waaay more necessary before the big Feb 2020 balance patch, but now I don't feel so much anymore. I don't really think that the legend would see much more play than it does now if it got a stunbreak.

• Thanks 2

On 8/3/2021 at 1:57 AM, Shao.7236 said:

I didn't become more clunky, that's game balance taking place, everyone lost their cheesy stunbreak, just accept it.

Yup, spending ur whole energy bar on Shiro stunbreak and being unable to do anything after is definitely not clunky bc to this day for some reasons weapon skill still consume energy despite all the benefits that came with it are gone.

Edited by Scoobaniec.9561
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Yup, spending ur whole energy bar on Shiro stunbreak and being unable to do anything after is definitely not clunky bc to this day for some reasons weapon skill still consume energy despite all the benefits that came with it are gone.

And if they removed energy costs on weapon skills, energy costs on legend skills would go up. Not that hard of a concept to understand.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Oh boy, sure it is totally "fair" to stunbreak every 10 seconds for free, it's not like Necromancer or Soulbeast lost the possibility to stunbreak so often as well, it's not like people are upset that being irresponsible with their kitting can finally get them stunlocked.

Revenant is fine without Empty Vessel, get good.

As Ventari all you gotta do is literally kite and can still stun people while stunned, most if not all Revenant attacks are accompanied with long channels that give you ample time to think about what you can do in the following.

And before "Lol, just you play it and see for yourself" I already have and I conclude that there's no need to have no brainer carry mechanics brought back to the profession. It's not like you play the game yourself, your opinion is less than valid for that reason alone.

All I remember is impossible to pin down Revenants to be considered "high skill" which was cringe in the end of itself, I was one myself and I am self aware enough to realize that my profession doesn't need it as it is already powerful enough. The choice of traitline was linear enough because of that stupid trait and I don't want to see it again, it doesn't need to exist whatsoever now.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 8/6/2021 at 8:12 AM, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

And if they removed energy costs on weapon skills, energy costs on legend skills would go up. Not that hard of a concept to understand.

Even if they raised energy cost on utility skills i would still be able to use wepaon skills off cd instead of being locked out of them due to stun breaking taking my whole energy bar - unlike any other class out there. So regardless its a win

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 12:59 PM, Shao.7236 said:

Oh boy, sure it is totally "fair" to stunbreak every 10 seconds for free, it's not like Necromancer or Soulbeast lost the possibility to stunbreak so often as well, it's not like people are upset that being irresponsible with their kitting can finally get them stunlocked.

Revenant is fine without Empty Vessel, get good.

Where did i mention empty vessel? O breaking stun for free every 10sec? I am talking about a whole 40 energy cost stunbreaks. These days touching any utility skill on Shiro empty your bar and lock you down to autoattacking. That is clunky as hell.

Regardless empty vessel itself it was never realistic to swap it for stun break every 10sec unless you played on fumes just to stunbreak in case u got cc.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Even if they raised energy cost on utility skills i would still be able to use wepaon skills off cd instead of being locked out of them due to stun breaking taking my whole energy bar - unlike any other class out there. So regardless its a win

That is true, and tbh not a perspective I had considered before. While I disagree with ANet's recent obsession of increasing energy costs for skills, I think it's a bit complicated with Riposting Shadows, and it's the only one I mostly agree with. With their patch trying to increase cooldowns on stunbreak skills, it made sense for them to approach RS in the way they did. I would rather have the increased energy cost (it is worthy of 40e IMO) than for them to tack on a CD to it (though at the same time they could have also decreased its effectiveness instead). You do still have the options of running Charged Mists and/or running core for Ancient Echo so you can regain more energy if you are in such a situation. Glint Heralds are definitely the ones that suffer the most from the change. 

Idk though, I still think removing energy costs from weapon skills would dumb down the class and make it less complex. I personally find it interesting and engaging to have to manage resources between both legend and weapon skills.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Where did i mention empty vessel? O breaking stun for free every 10sec? I am talking about a whole 40 energy cost stunbreaks. These days touching any utility skill on Shiro empty your bar and lock you down to autoattacking. That is clunky as hell.

Regardless empty vessel itself it was never realistic to swap it for stun break every 10sec unless you played on fumes just to stunbreak in case u got cc.

It does not lock you down to autoattacking, by the time you're done stunbreaking from 0% you already have 10% which is enough for most Weapon skills to be used, from 50% you have 20% for any weapon skill, the real way you'd be pinned to autoattacks is unless you held an upkeep which on the players fault.

This balances Revenant, it never was a good thing being able to Stunbreak constantly and retaliate so easily. There was 0 weakness even under severe mistakes.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1